The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

Comments

• edited December 2009
    @PecanBlue: Awwwwwwwww.... How adorable! :) No wonder it won! ;)
  • edited December 2009
    Maybe her ear lobe has a clasp instead of that ring.
  • edited December 2009
    Maybe it's sort of like that magic trick with the rings.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2009
    Desktopped, and many, many thanks! (Still, the Movie-Poster-Style would have been great for the wallpapers as well, title / character names and all...)

Okay, forget it, Laserschwert: I wouldn't have enough space for my desktop symbols then. Still, I'm toying with the idea to have this printed, soooo... do you actually have a picture the same size as your MI2-reworked-cover?

My walls are so empty, although I've been living in that apartment for over a year now... :(
  • edited December 2009
    Just to warn you: I was advised to upload this.
    Blame [Hunter.Wolf] ^^

Morgan.png
  • edited December 2009
    I hope its okay to post multiple pictures. I have a few pieces fan art I've done over the years.

After looking through this thread I feel rather inadequate compared to some of the amazing artists here, but I can't get better if I don't receive any feedback so here i go.

SMI guybrush with pixelblocks
    pixelblocks3.jpg?t=1260820002

CMI kid guybrush, but I ran out of pixel blocks :( *tear*
    pixelblocks1.jpg?t=1260819910

My sad attempt at modeling Guybrush with clay. At least it helped me with my 3d model afterwards
    6611_243276765696_725590696_7635914.jpg?t=1260820207

My 3d CMI wip. Just need his hands and then I need to rig him so I can animate him.
    5891_258643745696_725590696_8017452.jpg?t=1260820175
  • edited December 2009
    sharper wrote: »
    I hope its okay to post multiple pictures. I have a few pieces fan art I've done over the years.

After looking through this thread I feel rather inadequate compared to some of the amazing artists here, but I can't get better if I don't receive any feedback so here i go.

pixelblocks1.jpg?t=1260819910

My sad attempt at modeling Guybrush with clay. At least it helped me with my 3d model afterwards
    6611_243276765696_725590696_7635914.jpg?t=1260820207

My 3d CMI wip. Just need his hands and then I need to rig him so I can animate him.
    5891_258643745696_725590696_8017452.jpg?t=1260820175

On that 3D Guybrush, make sure you remove that plasticy-ness when you texture him.
  • edited December 2009
    EDIT:
    BeeKay84 wrote: »
    @PecanBlue: Awwwwwwwww.... How adorable! :) No wonder it won! ;)

Well to be fair, the way our game works is someone is the judge and chooses the subject for drawing, then chooses the winner after everyone submits their entries. Then that winner gets to be the judge next and so on. I think I might have won just because the judge was so amused by the reactions to my entry:

[1:24] Brirori: Pecan, where's your entry?
    [1:24] PecanBlu: IT'S UPLOADING SHUT UP ALREADY
    [1:24] Brirori: HURRY!!!!!!!!
    [1:24] Mistressof*****: Pecan is disqualified >: )
    [1:25] PecanBlu: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Kazooie64/My%20Art/Monkey%20Island/ElaineMaya.jpg nope
    [1:25] Mistressof*****: MOTHER OF
    [1:25] Ohnoesbaloney: hahahahahahahajsdhnajf
    [1:26] Mistressof*****: you FILTHY CHEATER
    [1:26] Mistressof*****: Adorable Little Pirate + Adorable Laineykins = GUARANTEED ULTIMATE ADORABLE COMBO
    [1:26] Mistressof*****: this shouldn't be allowed!!!
    [1:26] PecanBlu: quit being a wuss
    [1:26] Brirori: Yeah sorry guys, Pecan beat you all
    [1:26] Ohnoesbaloney: FFFFFFFFFFF
    [1:26] PecanBlu: YEEEEEAAAAA
    [1:26] PecanBlu: since you guys said all those mean things I'm going to make you all draw something terrible now >: (
    Haggis wrote: »
    Maybe it's sort of like that magic trick with the rings.

Hahaha, I think you just gave me a future fanart idea.
    Mandahaya wrote: »
    Blame [Hunter.Wolf] ^^

Mo

Your Morgan is so cute! I like her pose the best, and the clouds in the back are great.

These are great! It's always nice to see so many different mediums being used, (even the Guybrush head designs look great) it tells a lot about how an artist can easily escape their comfort zone, which is something I feel everyone should try to do via self-discipline. I actually really like the clay model. I'm having a sculpting class next term so I don't know much about it yet and can't critique it properly, same for 3D stuff which I have yet to take, but they both look nice.
  • edited December 2009

Why don't they seriously make T-Shorts like these, the pixel cube look would me definite monkey money.
    Blame [Hunter.Wolf] ^^

Not bad, it could use some improvement but it's not bad. One thing I notice is that the face is really broken up on the side by the hair and it doesn't look right.
  • edited December 2009
    Hey PecanBlue, here's another "D'aaaw!" for your collection :D

That pic of Guybrush's girls is too sweet for words!
  • edited December 2009
    @PecanBlue, I just love your art. It's so adorable! Or should I say "ad'aaaaawable"?
    -Narwhal'd-
  • edited December 2009
    doodo! wrote: »
    Why don't they seriously make T-Shorts like these, the pixel cube look would me definite monkey money.

Mmmmm... T-shorts...

Anyway, speaking of T-shirts, what I'd really enjoy of is The Trial of the Century... yy-yy-yy-yy-yy... shirt. :D If Telltale sold it, I'd grab it right away (and the poster with it :P).
  • edited December 2009
    Acemaster wrote: »
    Mmmmm... T-shorts...

Maybe he's channeling Coach Z?
  • edited December 2009
    Acemaster wrote: »
    Mmmmm... T-shorts...

Anyway, speaking of T-shirts, what I'd really enjoy of is The Trial of the Century... yy-yy-yy-yy-yy... shirt. :D If Telltale sold it, I'd grab it right away (and the poster with it :P).

That's a cool idea, yeah t shirts, that's the stuff...yeah...
  • edited December 2009
    Blame [Hunter.Wolf] ^^

Morgan.png

So cuuute!!!
  • edited December 2009
    lechuckthekillerwalrus.jpg
  • edited December 2009
    Menacing...
  • edited December 2009
    Junaid wrote: »

first i wanted to make a coment that this could be the Killerwalrus LeChuck guybrush mentioned but now where i can see how the pic is named....

it would be realy fiting for a LEC MI5 made 200X, (making Lechuck look even more stupit than in EMI)
  • edited December 2009

I love how you kept it on the paper.
  • edited December 2009
    It's adorable!

.. Err, I mean, AAAAAAAAAAA KILLER WALRUS LECHUCK.

:3
  • edited December 2009
    *lol* Now, imagine Earl Boen voicing that! :D Awesome!
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2009
    In my head he kinda sounds like Nixon.
  • edited December 2009
    Okay, that Killer Walrus LeChuck looks GREAT. Definitely awesome!
    Rebirth wrote: »
    it would be realy fiting for a LEC MI5 made 200X, (making Lechuck look even more stupit than in EMI)
    200X? We're out of 200X years. It needs to be 20XX at the least.
  • edited December 2009
    Okay, that Killer Walrus LeChuck looks GREAT. Definitely awesome!

200X? We're out of 200X years. It needs to be 20XX at the least.
    No, MI5 has already been made... somewhere between now and MI4... definitely 200X. ;)
  • edited December 2009
    it would be so cool if telltales would make an art book out of all these fantastic art pieces, i love view all the different illustrations from people
  • edited December 2009
    LeChuck the Killer Walrus... reminds me of Jamie from Mythbusters... this does not detract from the sheer awesomeness of the picture in the slightest. A++! :cool:
  • edited December 2009
    Wolfstar27 wrote: »
    it would be so cool if telltales would make an art book out of all these fantastic art pieces, i love view all the different illustrations from people

Didn't someone already post this idea?
  • edited December 2009
    ^I love this idea!!!
  • edited December 2009
    For what it's worth I do too.
  • edited December 2009
    saw it somewhere:

piratecostumedrubberduc.jpg
  • edited December 2009
    TioAlli wrote: »
    saw it somewhere:

piratecostumedrubberduc.jpg

Wow, that's about as relevant as this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTnT3DfQyrw

Or this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL4NVW1sEB4&NR=1
  • edited December 2009
    I love that songs

and that videos
  • edited December 2009
    zammap wrote: »
    I love that songs

and that videos

It's Aqua. Once #1 in 35 countries. A really fun band that went extinct but has come back officially this year with singles and a planned album in 2010. They have some mad dance music!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDt81xu_qgc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-ALQyVDJM4&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM-Mk26N6wQ

There videos are awesome, I recommend you youtube cartoon heroes.

Roses are Red and a few others. The band was shamefully famous for the song Barbie Girl.
  • edited December 2009
    LOL! That's awesome Nick.
    My new Desktop

____
    _
    -

That reminds me Zammap, I know this isn't a music thread but they also have a christmas song
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hov-M7LK6Q
  • edited December 2009
    Scary... That Winslow sure did manage to stand out even if he was the most common character model.... I love how he is holding a map.
  • edited December 2009
    I was thinking about Christmas-themed MI artwork earlier today, oddly enough, but not quite like that :confused:

Anyone else got holiday goodies? :)
  • edited December 2009
    doodo! wrote: »
    It's Aqua. Once #1 in 35 countries. A really fun band that went extinct but has come back officially this year with singles and a planned album in 2010. They have some mad dance music!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDt81xu_qgc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-ALQyVDJM4&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM-Mk26N6wQ

There videos are awesome, I recommend you youtube cartoon heroes.

Roses are Red and a few others. The band was shamefully famous for the song Barbie Girl.

I know who aqua is damn it. That's why I said "LOVE" not "like."

But personally I like "Dr. Jones" best
    <_<

mmmmmmmm Dr. Jonesss....
  • edited December 2009
    zammap wrote: »
    I know who aqua is damn it. That's why I said "LOVE" not "like."

But personally I like "Dr. Jones" best
    <_<

mmmmmmmm Dr. Jonesss....

I love aqua too that's why I am spamming these threads with random aqua-fresh.
    It's nothing compared to what I did to the poor Y/A though.
  • edited December 2009
    Man I feel I should get cracking at makin' some fanart aswell. Looking at the killer walrus LeChuck I realize that MI5 has the potential of being an infinite source of fanart. ;P
Sign in to comment in this discussion.