The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Edit: doodo! is probably right. I went ahead and took it down. Ignore this post.
  • edited December 2009
    What? What happened? What was there? Did you print the thing? I don't think anyone would mind...
  • edited December 2009
    Friar wrote: »
    I love the last one. It reminds me of Caramelldansen. If i wasn't such a crappy artist, i would so make a MI version of that...

You just had to go and talk about Caramelldansen again didn't you? Didn't you?!? :eek:

Now it will be stuck in my head all day. And since I started listening to it, I saw that Winslow smiley dancing around and...well...he was my idea to begin with (the smiley). :p
  • edited December 2009
    Sorry for milking this thing, but I've edited my poster to make it look like being painted. And since I can't paint to save my life, I had to fake it... not sure how well I've achieved that. Be sure to click the small image to see the big version... otherwise you probably wouldn't see a difference.

tomiposterpainted.jpg
  • edited December 2009
    Actually, it looks more like pastels than paint to me, but it looks great regardless! :)
  • edited December 2009
    I just recently became obsessed with Monkey Island thanks to my boyfriend XD And look! My first fan art!:D
  • edited December 2009
    I just recently became obsessed with Monkey Island thanks to my boyfriend XD And look! My first fan art!:D

Great work. And I think more people would appreciate your work, if you post/thumbnail it directly into the forum. There is a [ IMG]-tag (without the space) for it.
  • edited December 2009
    demonelainewip.jpg

Someone at telltale wanted more demon elaine stuff, so i started drawing.

currently wip unggg going to sleep now

haha im such an inefficient artist
  • edited December 2009

Like it.
    Faved it.
  • edited December 2009
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    demonelainewip.jpg

Someone at telltale wanted more demon elaine stuff, so i started drawing.

currently wip unggg going to sleep now

haha im such an inefficient artist

Wanna see it finished!!!
  • edited December 2009
    Sorry for milking this thing, but I've edited my poster to make it look like being painted. And since I can't paint to save my life, I had to fake it... not sure how well I've achieved that. Be sure to click the small image to see the big version... otherwise you probably wouldn't see a difference.

tomiposterpainted.jpg

I'm still waiting for a DIN A0 signed printout of every single picture of yours, you know. ;)
  • edited December 2009
    Thanks ChemBro ^^ I'm so useless with html
    Also, I APOLOGIZE FOR HOW HUGANTIC THIS IS!!

I_heart_Guybrush_Threepwood_by_Tempest_Lavalle.jpg
  • edited December 2009
    Mermaid wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for a DIN A0 signed printout of every single picture of yours, you know. ;)
    I'm easily bribable by young, attractive women... with money that is.

But I don't think anyone wants a picture of ME on their wall... especially not in A0. (Although I'm freakishly handsome, of course)
  • edited December 2009
    I. Obey. Tempest Lavalle.
  • edited December 2009
    I agree, the poster looks very pastille-textured now. Really nice!

And wow, Tempest Lavalle! Great work! You are really good with facial expressions and poses!
  • edited December 2009
    ^^

Again, I love Tempest's pic!!!
  • edited December 2009
    I'm easily bribable by young, attractive women... with money that is.

But I don't think anyone wants a picture of ME on their wall... especially not in A0. (Although I'm freakishly handsome, of course)

Indeed, the only male person I'd want a A0 portrait of on my wall is Guybrush. Why would I want a lifesize "Laserschwert" on my wall, as pretty as it might glow? :rolleyes:
  • edited December 2009

tomiposterpainted.jpg

love how youve tweaked this photo, it would make a brilliant cover
  • edited December 2009

tomiposterpainted.jpg

Am I the only one who gets reminded of Left 4 Dead by this?
  • edited December 2009
    SDvsRaw wrote: »
    Am I the only one who gets reminded of Left 4 Dead by this?

Umm... I guess...

...how...
  • edited December 2009
    Falanca wrote: »
    ...how...

There are four of them, two are facing left, and LeChuck is dead?
    (okay, I haven't actually played the game, I'm just being facetious. But... yeah)

That being said, I adore that picture/poster. It is awesome. I want to hang it on my wall. And perhaps I will...
  • edited December 2009
    My Version of TOMI Guybrush!

guytalesm.jpg

And the Process...

guymaking2.gif
  • edited December 2009
    cool
  • edited December 2009
    I´m waiting for a guybrush threepwood, Knight Pirate
    Oh, sorry
  • edited December 2009
    My Version of TOMI Guybrush Process...

guymaking2.gif

We are at our 100th page in this thread!!!

Hooray!!!

Nice pic!!!
    ^^
  • edited December 2009
    Really great, alectoplasma! Finally a nice usage of lens flare.
  • edited December 2009
    Ooh, that's cool!

Nice style you have there :)
  • edited December 2009
    All I can say to that alectoplasma, is "wow!"...
  • edited December 2009
    Ok, here's my first contribution (Took a while, I know). I hope you like guys!

ToMI___The_Crossroads_by_Ginny_N.jpg
  • edited December 2009
    ^ Oh my, that's awesome!
  • edited December 2009
    ^Great...
  • edited December 2009
    Here is the colored version of that Elaine from a while back.

DemonElaine.jpg

Also, happy early holidays. I won't be around for those, and it's too bad, because I really, really wanted to do a Christmas piece, but am too busy with other Christmas-related projects. :'( I still feel sad about it, but I'm really looking forward to everyone else's contributions though!
  • edited December 2009
    Yay! More Guybrush! I made this after I had just finished Chapter 1 of ToMI. So of course, our intrepid hero still has his left hand :3 Currently working my way through Chapter 3.

Again, I'm SO sorry for the freakin' size :eek:

The_Many_Faces_of_Guybrush_by_Tempest_Lavalle.jpg
  • edited December 2009
    @PecanBlue: Oh my goodness, that's amazing!! I'm envious of your skills as an artist. Also, when will you be doing more? XD
    @Tempest Lavalle: I saw that on Deviant Art. I love your style! Keep up the good work! <3
  • edited December 2009
    Every time I come here, there seems to be more and more awesomeness. Great pics!
  • edited December 2009
    Hi there!
    I love this thread ^^
    Always there are something new for seeing :D
    I was searching a drawing that I liked a lot but its thread was removed :(
    Someone make a pixeled ToMI Guybrush from original SoMI Guybrush :D
    It was great but I couldn't save it :(
    Can you help me? Thanks ^^
    Bye!
  • edited December 2009
    Ok, my internet went pfft last I tried to say this. PecanBlue, I love your piece X3 I haven't gotten that far in the game yet, so I'm not entirely sure what's happening. But it looks great nonetheless! :D
  • edited December 2009
    ^
    Thanks! Yours was really cool too. Pages with lots of expressions are some of my favorites.
    Maxilyah wrote: »
    @PecanBlue: Oh my goodness, that's amazing!! I'm envious of your skills as an artist. Also, when will you be doing more? XD

Thank you, and I'll still have some sketches or quick coloring jobs to show from time to time, but probably my next bigger project is Valentine's Day. I've learned from my mistakes this year to not take upcoming holiday dates for granted so I'll start the MI V-Day piece around January.
  • edited December 2009
    I wouldn't really call this art, since I just doodled randomly on the back of my schedule, but here you go anyway, if you're interested.
    http://dragonfangirl.deviantart.com/art/Pathetic-147833935
  • edited December 2009
    Actually I meant to upload this one yesterday, but just when I was about to get it done my Gimp crashed and I had to do all the blending again. (I wish it had an AutoSave function.)
    I don't think I've ever drawn Elaine completely like this before, so please don't sue me. :D
    elaine.png

edit: Totally forgot replying to critiques ^^'
    PecanBlue wrote:
    Your Morgan is so cute! I like her pose the best, and the clouds in the back are great.
    Thank you! But I personally think I messed up on both... :o
    doodo! wrote:
    Not bad, it could use some improvement but it's not bad. One thing I notice is that the face is really broken up on the side by the hair and it doesn't look right.
    That's right where I had my biggest problem. The thing is that I'm not quite used to working with a drawing tablet yet and I just couldn't manage to make it look better. :/
    guimero64 wrote:
    So cuuute!!!
    Thankieees! :3
Sign in to comment in this discussion.