The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

Comments

• edited December 2009
    ^^^^^

That's really good. Much better than I could ever dream of doing. Just a minor suggestion if I may... Her forehead is a bit large...
  • edited December 2009
    I think its cool... its stylized and I like it when people take their own spin on things.
  • edited December 2009
    I did this for an art trade. Of course, it's nowhere near as good as PecanBlue's, but I hope you guys like it anyway.
    Arttrade-Elaine.png
    Oh, and here's the higher quality version.
    http://dragonfangirl.deviantart.com/art/Art-Trade-Demon-Elaine-147947766
  • edited December 2009
    @PecanBlue: WOW!!! :eek: Your Demon Elaine turned out so scary and awesome! I'm amazed!

@Tempest Lavalle: Those are SO cool! :D
  • edited December 2009
    Here are some very quick little concept sketches of a simple design made specifically for a planned Valentine's Day picture. I know it's reaaaally early but I had a little free time so I at least started on figuring out the thing's look since who knows how much free time I'll have nowadays.

coralcockatooreference.jpg

It's called "Coral Cockatoo of Costa Rica." It's NOT meant to be some weird love interest for Pyrite Parrot or anything like that. :| It's more obviously made in its spirit. You'll see what it does when the card is done.
  • edited December 2009
    Maxilyah: Sweet! She's such a cutiepie in this outfit. Nice work :B
    PecanBlue: OHGODYOUREAWESOME. I kinda felt all "aww" when I saw Elaine and Cockatoo on her arm.
  • edited December 2009
    Well, I figured it might be considered less cute when you realize SHE WANTS TO STAB IT.
  • edited December 2009
    Bwaaak! It's me, Elaine Marley-Threepwood, Former Mighty Governor of the Tri-Island Area!

:p
  • edited December 2009
    ^
    Oh man, now I just imagined Boyd trying to say that in a ridiculous voice for the cockatoo and am cracking up.
  • edited December 2009
    @PecanBlue

Aaaah XD now I can't wait to see what you're gonna do for the Valentine's Day piece! Speaking of, do the forums ever have art contests? Just curious
  • edited December 2009
    Pecan and Tempest gives away so many inspirations...

Anyway so, another fruit of a freetime activity.

elaine1.png
  • edited December 2009
    ^ I like it. I also thought the "chibi" Elaine in the background was funny.
  • edited December 2009
    Nicely done, Falanca!
  • edited December 2009
    Awschighshihh~~

Thanks guys 8D
  • edited December 2009
    Great! Love your line-work!

It's great to see Elaine getting more love in this thread lately.
  • edited December 2009
    Why does that make me wanna draw Morgan? :p
  • jmmjmm
    edited December 2009
    Not by me, but still pretty neat and topical:

1dd8d40a01f949b1973e0560829b0187.jpg

Link for artist page
  • edited December 2009
    Oh my goodness...LOVE XD!
  • edited December 2009
    Here. This one isn't mine, but since she never uploads her art here:
    http://mangachibehfox.deviantart.com/art/ToMI-In-a-Small-Glass-Bottle-148273296
  • edited December 2009
    Tpravetz wrote:
    ^^^^^

That's really good. Much better than I could ever dream of doing. Just a minor suggestion if I may... Her forehead is a bit large...
    Thank you! And that forehead thing... dang, I should have noticed. >.<
    Irishmile wrote:
    I think its cool... its stylized and I like it when people take their own spin on things.
    Thanks! Stylized sounds good.

hugimproved.jpg

Spontaneous re-do of that beautiful scene where Elaine hugs Guybrush in Siege of Spinner Cay.
  • edited December 2009
    It's nice! Very detailed! I like it.

...even though I can't stand Elaine.
  • edited December 2009
    Thanks a lot!

And me neither... not after the happenings of RotPG. Such a betrayal can't be excused that easily. Yet though, I'm still struggling. I don't know if I should keep supporting Guybrush and Elaine after all those years, or him and Morgan...
    Better not think about it and go on drawing. :)
  • edited December 2009
    Hi Mandahaya!
    Nice picture ^^, i loved this scene! :D
    I hope you make something GuybrushxMorgan ^^
    Hehe :D
    Bye!
  • edited December 2009
    Awwwwwwwwww! -3-

I don't think I've ever expressed how adorable I think Guybrush and Elaine are, but I did love it when they were re-united. They are just too damn cute together X3
  • edited December 2009
    Why, of course there will be some good GxM stuff, WeRa... wink wink, nudge nudge! ^^ Seriously, I'll stick to my promise.

Dang, it's not even been that long since harald finished his run, and I'm into GxE again... already. Why does Morgan confuse me that much?
    Ah, whatever. They are cute indeed, Tempest! ~3~

edit: harald was right, I really screwed up her right wrist. Replaced the old picture with an improved version.
  • edited December 2009
    I made this "Happy New Year" card for SWP and his brother Mihai. I hope they like it! :p
    newyearbvh46kag.jpg
  • edited December 2009
    Hahahaha xD
    Nice card! :D I loved the Stan's new store song!!! :D:D:D
    Happy New year for you too ^^
    Thanks Manahaya :D
    Your drawing already was beautiful, you don't had to fix it :p
    Well, i'll be waiting for your GxM drawing :D
    Bye!
  • edited December 2009
    I have to say, even after the way Elaine acted, I still totally support them. Why? Because she had a plan. :3 While it required some very tough love on her part, the fact that she trusted and believed enough in Guybrush to be there in the end is very sweet to me. What can I say? I'm a sucker for sap X3
  • edited December 2009
    ^ And with that, I totally agree with XD
  • edited December 2009
    Yeah, I'm still baffled as to how people still saw it as a betrayal by the end, when you learn that she so clearly went through all that stuff for his sake. :| But oh well, to each their own!

MORE ELAINE.

teenElaine.jpg

Concept art of a teen Elaine, pre-governor, and while still a student in "pirate school," from a little comic I'm going to do. The comic is not really a big deal as it's one or two pages, but I still wanted to see if the look I was going for would work.
  • edited December 2009
    Nice! Can't wait to see the comic.
  • edited December 2009
    PecanBlue wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm still baffled as to how people still saw it as a betrayal by the end, when you learn that she so clearly went through all that stuff for his sake. :| But oh well, to each their own!

MORE ELAINE.

teenElaine.jpg

Concept art of a teen Elaine, pre-governor, and while still a student in "pirate school," from a little comic I'm going to do. The comic is not really a big deal as it's one or two pages, but I still wanted to see if the look I was going for would work.

Wonderfull and a Happy new Yeeeear!!!!
  • edited December 2009
    I've spent about a whole night reading this epic topic and gained much useful knowledge.
    All I wanna say is "Thank you guys for providing so many fine pics!",though I cannot understand certain
    words/sentences completely due to my just-so-so English ...

At length,I made up my minds to draw this...Guybrush.jpg?t=1262292866
    It took me(who's a greenhand and who's 16:o)over 4 hours to detail it^v^
    Hope you like it:p
    &happy new year !!:D:D:D:D
  • edited December 2009
    Maybe Guybrush should invest in a turtleneck. Great coloring!
  • edited December 2009
    Phoebe_Cn wrote: »
    It took me(who's a greenhand and who's 16:o)over 4 hours to detail it...

And happy new year!!:D:D:D:D

That's pretty amazing, I really like this a lot actually, especially the little puff of cold air Guybrush is doing. :)
  • edited December 2009
    To:PecanBlue & Captain Mickey:
    Thanks a lot for your kind comments!
    I'll keep on practicing and,perhaps,bring more paintings ^0^
  • edited December 2009
    Phoebe_Cn wrote: »
    I've spent about a whole night reading this epic topic and gained much useful knowledge.
    All I wanna say is "Thank you guys for providing so many fine pics!",though I cannot understand certain
    words/sentences completely due to my just-so-so English ...

It took me(who's a greenhand and who's 16:o)over 4 hours to detail it^v^
    &happy new year !!:D:D:D:D

For some reaosn I couldn't see the picture at all, but when I quoted you to say that it gave me the link, so I went to check it out.... It looks really cool!
  • edited December 2009
    Great drawing and a Happy New Year From Mauritius!!!
  • edited January 2010
    @PecanBlue: Of course it works. :D

As for the whole betrayal thing, I was kind of skeptical about that to begin with. I mean, if you pay attention, Elaine decides to let LeChuck make her his demon bride after he says that "no mortal" can touch the cursed cutlass. It seemed kind of apparent to me at that point that Elaine was actually planning to be able to take ahold of the cutlass and run LeChuck through. I guess I can see how people could have missed that though...
  • edited January 2010
    Teen Elaine looks awesome, PecanBlue! And lovely picture, Phoebe! Happy new year to you too!

Here's something I meant to upload between chapters 4 and 5:
    Monkey_Island___Your_Loss_by_Scrawffler.png
    (btw the quote is actually from The Fairly OddParents XD)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.