The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

Comments

• edited July 2010
    lookbehindyou.jpg
    Look behind you a three-headed monkey!
  • edited July 2010
    JESUS!!!! how did you know there was one right behind me.... it was reading over my shoulder sipping banang from a crazy straw!!
  • edited July 2010
    For those who missed it, a separate thread has been set up for custom Telltale-style icons:

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18044

Let's please keep them there before the purpose of THIS thread gets completely taken over!
  • edited July 2010
    Currently working on this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=1697&stc=1&d=1278824211

Expect updates soon.
  • edited July 2010
    Awesome. You never see as much Herman Toothrot fanart as there should be.
  • edited July 2010
    Awesome. You never see as much Herman Toothrot fanart as there should be.

That's because he has no breasts...or pants...
  • edited July 2010
    doodo! wrote: »
    That's because he has no breasts...or pants...

arrrr.png
  • edited July 2010
    Nice, updated. I kind of liked the sketchy look of the original, though, as if it were drawn in a moment of extreme rage.
  • edited July 2010

4783981263_d9a19cab9a_m.jpg
  • edited July 2010
    Doodo, my friend...do you know the difference between this thread and the one for disturbing art? I do think that that one is too crude to be in here.
  • edited July 2010
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    Doodo, my friend...do you know the difference between this thread and the one for disturbing art? I do think that that one is too crude to be in here.

:p.
  • edited July 2010
    You know what I agree with Doodo. But now I want to draw Herman too.
  • edited July 2010
    You know what I agree with Doodo.

Aren't there laws against that? And if not, why the hell not?
  • edited July 2010
    Well, you know if I do it it can't be a crime.
  • edited July 2010
    Wait, what? I thought that it was that we know that if you do it, it must be a crime.
  • edited July 2010
    I know that you know that we both know that you and I know that it's a crime to say it's a crime for you to do it if I do it. It's only a crime if I do and you don't do it, but not if I do it and you do it, because then we both did it and since it's okay for me to do it and you've done it as well then it's okay because you did it after I did it meaning it's okay, but it wouldn't be if you did it and I didn't do it or if you didn't do it after I did it.
  • edited July 2010
    But even if a woodchuck could chuck wood, and even if a woodchuck would chuck wood, should a woodchuck chuck wood?
  • edited July 2010
    Oh, shut up. :p
  • edited July 2010
    I feel like typing something...

Get back to work, you lazy artists!
  • edited July 2010
    hey there everyone, I think this qualifies as art, so have a look.
    http://vimeo.com/13282808
    I made it all myself (with some obvious reference).
    ps- telltale...im looking for work. My blog is connected to the video.
  • edited July 2010
    That is pretty awesome man....
  • edited July 2010
    Wow. I came in here to post some art, and I see something as amazing as that.

Well, anyway, here is a piece I recently finished, and by recently I mean today. I had it laying around for three months and forgot about it. Then I found it today and decided I needed to finish it!

It's a Lair of the Leviathan cover sketch mixing my art style and the style of Josh Kirby of Discworld fame. I may even do a color version someday.

Lair_of_the_Leviathan___Sketch_by_Fawfulhasfury.png
  • edited July 2010
    @Secret Fawful: definitely suits a Terry Pratchett novel more than Monkey Island but I still like it. Quite funny.
  • edited July 2010
    Exactly what I was going for! Thanks!
  • edited July 2010
    whatift.png
  • edited July 2010
    Too awesome.
  • edited July 2010
    I go away for about 13 hours, and I return to find three new awesome pieces of artwork! Great job to all of you. And Fawful, I'd love to see a colour version of that.
  • edited July 2010
    whatift.png

Awesome! I always love seeing demake art, probably because I do so much of it myself. I'd love to see more like this.

And Steve, you should absolutely apply to work at Telltale. You'd be an asset to the team for sure.
  • edited July 2010
    I demand you make an animated movie in that style based on Tales of Monkey Island... and do include a Treasure Crab side story.... thanks in advance.
  • edited July 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    and do include a Treasure Crab side story...
    Like Scrat's side stories in the Ice Age movies! That would be great!
  • edited July 2010
    Like Scrat's side stories in the Ice Age movies! That would be great!

lol, like treasure crab trying to get a single gold coin instead of the acorn.
  • edited July 2010
    whatift.png

That is... just, i mean... HOW?

Sir, you should post one of these every day until there is enough for 2d remake to be done :D
  • edited July 2010
    That is... just, i mean... HOW?

Sir, you should post one of these every day until there is enough for 2d remake to be done :D

Well, it helped that the background was already created by the concept crew.
  • edited July 2010

That project would be shut down faster than you could say 'cease & desist'.
  • edited July 2010
    Lair_of_the_Leviathan___Sketch_by_Fawfulhasfury.png

Lol, the Winslow on the raft is awesome.
  • edited July 2010
    Stevefabok wrote: »
    hey there everyone, I think this qualifies as art, so have a look.
    http://vimeo.com/13282808
    I made it all myself (with some obvious reference).
    ps- telltale...im looking for work. My blog is connected to the video.

This ones awesome man! Looking really good!
  • edited July 2010
    WIP. This is far from over...Sooo...I'd love suggestions on how I could improve this, and the colouring on it as well. I really want it to pop and be vibrant and magical and painting-ish. Critique and help welcome.

Lair_of_the_Leviathan_by_Fawfulhasfury.jpg
  • edited July 2010
    The lower half of Guybrush reminds me of Indiana Jones.
  • edited July 2010
    doodo! wrote: »
    The lower half of Guybrush reminds me of Indiana Jones.
    I couldn't quite put my finger on it before, but yeah, that's what troubles me about this picture. That and Santino's/Murray's glowing eyeballs, I don't recall Murray ever had glowing eyeballs. But apart from that, a fine piece of art.

@MonkeyMania: That's seriously awesome! :)
  • edited July 2010
    Well, I was trying not to copy the TOMI design and to be more original with it. TOMI Guybrush doesn't exact have curly hair either lol.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.