The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Jewish Guybrush?
  • edited July 2010
    I'd take that over a Jewish Elaine played by Fran Drescher.
  • edited July 2010
    Perhaps you should do a little more work on those orange fish, maybe shape them a little differently, because some just look a little too much like ear plugs :).
  • edited July 2010
    Hey Secret Fawful I love absolutely love your piece! What medium did you use for it?
  • edited July 2010
    It is good art work, yes.
  • edited July 2010
    @Hayden: Well, yeah. they're dogfish. As in fish with dogheads. Honestly the whole piece needs more work. I stopped halfway on it, ya know. I was hoping for more help in the erm..coloring area.

@Lennie: The Gimp.
  • edited July 2010
    I do like it to be honest.
  • edited July 2010
    I'm working on a Morgan LeFlay costume for Otakon this year. But since it's an anime convention, I didn't think it'd be easy to recognize, especially given that I had to alter some aspects of the costume (They just don't make red women's pirate boots...or at least not that I could find!) So to make the costume a little easier to spot, I thought it'd be fun to have a pyrite parrot on my shoulder!
    So here's the finished pictures:
    parrot1.jpg
    parrot2.jpg
    parrot3.jpg
    And yes, I made it so it's mouth would open:
    parrot4.jpg
    (Sorry for the blurriness there, it was hard to hold its mouth open and hold the camera...)

It's not perfect, but it was pretty fun to build! I've got a rig set up so it's perch on my shoulder as I walk around. So if you're going to Otakon, keep an eye out for Morgan! ...if I finish the costume in time...:o
  • edited July 2010
    Amazing!
  • edited July 2010
    Looks great. Is it sheet metal or metallic paper?
  • edited July 2010
    It's a moldable plastic called Wonderflex over a wireframe that I spray painted with Metallic gold. The bonus of it being mostly plastic is that it's surprisingly durable, and I won't have to worry to much about damaging it.
  • edited July 2010
    I used to use worldofmi and found this forum by accident! Some people may remember this:

n553560144_1442881_2808.jpg

Well I've had a couple more MI inspired ones since then, here be they:

25749_10150186902100145_553560144_12085689_7140545_n.jpg

7634_330848420144_553560144_9567414_4912949_n.jpg
  • edited July 2010
    Aw, I wanna have that pyrite parrot! Is he gonna get a nice voodoo cage as well?
  • edited July 2010
    ooh! That's a good idea!
    I made this one to perch on my shoulder, but the voodoo cage would be nice for just keeping it around and it shouldn't be too hard to make. :)
  • edited July 2010
    Pirate parrot was my first ever tattoo, quite big for a first. I have 6 in total but the other three aren't pirate themed... always looking for new ideas though!

Wish I could draw though, am quite jealous of some of the talented people on here and their fan art!
  • edited July 2010
    My effort at new ToMI DVD cover art. It's essentially a scan, cut and paste job.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1725&stc=1&d=1279614856
  • edited July 2010
    Ah, the slipcase that should've been but wasn't. It looks awesome, Highway.
  • edited July 2010
    Ah, the slipcase that should've been but wasn't. It looks awesome, Highway.

Thanks. Only problem is I made it a bit small o_O
  • edited July 2010
    Started cutting out the map of the Gulf of Melange. Now I can't turn back... and I just remembered I failed scissor cutting in pre primary!
  • edited July 2010

That size is fine. You'll end up dragging it out in Nero Cover Designer anyway.
  • edited July 2010
    That size is fine. You'll end up dragging it out in Nero Cover Designer anyway.

Nero what now?

If I drag it out it gets all blurry
  • edited July 2010
    Nero what now?

If I drag it out it gets all blurry

This.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=1726&stc=1&d=1279617512
  • edited July 2010
    This.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=1726&stc=1&d=1279617512

ummmmm.... that doesnt do anything
  • edited July 2010
    But it makes a nice postage stamp :D
  • edited July 2010
    But it makes a nice postage stamp :D

Indeed. Actually, I'm printing one now, so we'll see how it turns out.

(A cover, not a postage stamp)
  • edited July 2010
    I know this isnt the right thread to be asking this but I thught it would be a bit pointless to start a new thread just for a simple question.

Ok, so I remember a while ago someone posted a video they found which was a flash video someone had made that had a bunch of old games, it also had a small part with Guybrush in it, im just wondering if anyone remembers what the vid was called or where it can be found.
  • edited July 2010
    hey all, i posted this a little while ago, but i dont think many people saw it, so ill post it again with a picture to entice you all. Made it all myself.

Check out the full video here
    http://www.vimeo.com/13282808
  • edited July 2010
    Stevefabok wrote: »
    hey all, i posted this a little while ago, but i dont think many people saw it, so ill post it again with a picture to entice you all. Made it all myself.

Check out the full video here
    http://www.vimeo.com/13282808

that thing looks like lechuck's next form
  • edited July 2010
    Never mind, found it, its a bit weirder than i remember: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUNyw-bwA10
  • edited July 2010
    prizna wrote: »
    Never mind, found it, its a bit weirder than i remember: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUNyw-bwA10

SMI definitely needed that Guybrush run.
  • edited July 2010
    Gah, seeing Guybrush's internal organs unravelling like that .... yikes
  • edited July 2010
    Wow. I came in here to post some art, and I see something as amazing as that.

Well, anyway, here is a piece I recently finished, and by recently I mean today. I had it laying around for three months and forgot about it. Then I found it today and decided I needed to finish it!

It's a Lair of the Leviathan cover sketch mixing my art style and the style of Josh Kirby of Discworld fame. I may even do a color version someday.

Lair_of_the_Leviathan___Sketch_by_Fawfulhasfury.png

Can't tell you how much I love this!

Edit: Meant to quote the coloured version. D'oh.

Edit 2: I've just looked over some other stuff that I've missed. It's all too numerous for me to go back and quote each one, but I hereby praise every creation in this thread :D
  • edited July 2010
    Thanks! Thanks to doodo too. When I posted that one on DeviantArt, someone recommended MyPaint to me as an art program. So for my first real detialed MyPaint piece, I decided to do another Monkey Island piece. Yes it's "Jewish Guybrush" again. :) I recommend MyPaint to any artists who can't afford Photoshop or Painter; it's free and it's amazing. I wish I'd used it on the LotL piece.
    ae57e791b97d4a4f10f3807d5271940b.png

The final entry in the memoirs of Guybrush Threepwood was almost burned to ash-

-only the most delicate hand could hold it to read the words-

-To-th-love-my life- Elaine you know that large anteek sword -th- once belonged -your great great great aunt on your -mothe- side that you told me never ev-r to use or its curse might bring about my horrible demise? Well, if you -w-nt- it back, you can find- in the corpse of the Dread Pirate LeChu-

-P.S. -lov- y-
  • edited July 2010
    A scene from Home Alone 5?
    ManumakPobreAng2Latino2-1.jpg
    8988.jpg
  • edited July 2010
    Home Alone 5 takes place in Disneyland with a scene on the Pirates of the Caribbean theme park ride? Cause if it did I would totally pay money to see it.
  • edited July 2010
    Winslow.png

Meh
  • edited July 2010
    Hahahahahahahahah... Man, that's just... EPIC!
  • edited July 2010
    Junaid wrote: »
    Winslow.png

I think some of his stitches have just popped! :D
  • edited July 2010
    Junaid wrote: »
    Winslow.png

Meh

....I....I....I--*mind implode*
  • edited July 2010
    a1sauce.png
Sign in to comment in this discussion.