The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Wait, what's that on your boots? Sticky tape? :D
  • edited August 2010
    if you mean the blue band around my neck, thats from the con-ticket, and the other thing is a Trial of the Century-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y button

but yes i hat problems with my boobs, my nippels where always jumping out^^
  • edited August 2010
    "BooTs." The things on your feet. That have a yellow band on them, which the mermaid is thinking might be sticky tape.

EDIT:
    Rebirth wrote: »
    but yes i hat problems with my boobs, my nipples where always jumping out^^

I have the same problem.
  • edited August 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    I have the same problem.

I'm intrigued.
  • edited August 2010
    caeska wrote: »
    I'm intrigued.

Agreed. Boobies ftw!

Edit: I wonder how long it'll take for Doodo to join us...
  • edited August 2010
    I feel guilty now about this thread becoming ambiguous.
    I REALLY should have used the more common word "shoes"... :rolleyes:
  • edited August 2010
    Mermaid wrote: »
    I feel guilty now about this thread becoming ambiguous.
    I REALLY should have used the more common word "shoes"... :rolleyes:

But it IS boots not shoes
  • edited August 2010
    Which begs the question: are boots a type of shoes, or are boots and shoes two different, mutually exclusive types of foot garments?
  • edited August 2010
    Did somebody say boobs? What did I miss?
  • edited August 2010
    he/she meant booTs
  • edited August 2010
    Which begs the question: are boots a type of shoes, or are boots and shoes two different, mutually exclusive types of foot garments?

Both...I'd say. A shop that sells shoes and boots wouldn't explicitly declare itself a "Shoes AND Boots Shop". Or "Shoes AND Slippers Shop" for that matter.
  • edited August 2010
    Did somebody say boobs? What did I miss?

Nono, everything's fine and still "T" for Teen in here...
  • edited August 2010
    I think if we had gone off-topic and the Legendary Monkey Island fanart thread had to be split into a boob-focused thread AGAIN, that would have been a new record.

I want to cosplay so much. But I'm so perfectionist about these things. Instead of just having fun and stuff, I'll want to pick a character who already looks pretty much exactly like me, then find a way to get a perfectly exact costume, etc.
    Since it's not easily manageable, I end up doing nothing at all. It's silly.
  • edited August 2010
    Nono, everything's fine and still "T" for Teen in here...
    :( .
  • edited August 2010
    Since it's not easily manageable, I end up doing nothing at all. It's silly.

Hehe, actually, I can relate to that. There's no character (apart from Guybrush's imaginary sister) that would nearly look like me, though.
  • edited August 2010
    whatift.png

This is how I wanted ToMI to look like! O_O
  • edited August 2010
    Hehe, actually, I can relate to that. There's no character (apart from Guybrush's imaginary sister) that would nearly look like me, though.

It's only fitting that Guybrush's sister is hot! :)

I look like a cross between Edvard Van Helgen and Haggis McMutton :(

th_Image006.jpg

Yes, that is a real ginger beard! I get asked that a lot.
  • edited August 2010
    sorry that's my fault, that's my fault...
    But when i readed sticky tape i was instantly thinking about my nipple slide problem, witch i tried to fix with double-side tape, but that didn't work because of the sweat...
    but to finally answer your question: no that's a piece of amber cloth. i bought a pair of biker boots and made the brim myself. i know the pattern is wrong, but i used my ToMI Guybrush boots and back than i was designing it according to the first artwork..
  • edited August 2010
    sorry that's my fault, that's my fault...
    But when i readed sticky tape i was instantly thinking about my nipple slide problem, witch i tried to fix with double-side tape, but that didn't work because of the sweat...
    but to finally answer your question: no that's a piece of amber cloth. i bought a pair of biker boots and made the brim myself. i know the pattern is wrong, but i used my ToMI Guybrush boots and back than i was designing it according to the first artwork..

Pics or it didn't happen :p
  • edited August 2010
    738a469dddbf687776bd16bb7c1901e3.png

'Smile for the camera', said the photographer. But Elaine only had eyes for Guybrush.

144 saves, 67 layers and LOADS of work later I had suddenly created this. Hope someone likes it...
    (Mickey, as far as I can remember, gave me the idea btw.)
  • edited August 2010
    Wow, that is amazing Mandahaya! I love the attention to detail you've put in it, and...OMG a Sam doll!!!
  • edited August 2010
    Mandahaya wrote: »
    738a469dddbf687776bd16bb7c1901e3.png

'Smile for the camera', said the photographer. But Elaine only had eyes for Guybrush.

144 saves, 67 layers and LOADS of work later I had suddenly created this. Hope someone likes it...
    (Mickey, as far as I can remember, gave me the idea btw.)

I cant say more than: OMG!

Hey its green T
  • edited August 2010
    I cant say more than: OMG!

Hey its green T

Apart from the controversial move of putting LucasArts characters in Anime art, Green Tentacle never had arms. He looks like a green starfish lol.
  • edited August 2010
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    Apart from the controversial move of putting LucasArts characters in Anime art, Green Tentacle never had arms. He looks like a green starfish lol.

Now when you mention it.... hey it's not green T! It's one of the tentacle's from the future!
  • edited August 2010
    Cadavre wrote: »
    This is how I wanted ToMI to look like! O_O
    This is how I wanted EfMI to look like!!
  • edited August 2010
    caeska: Thanks! But compared to all the fanarts I know it seems pretty bland and simple to me. Still, I like that you like Sam. :D

tbm1986: It's not Anime art, it's my style ;) (in case you meant that), plus I felt like it was just fair to give him arms too once in a while. (Actually I drew a Purple Tentacle there but then I thought he always gets all the attention so it was just fair to make him Green Tentacle instead. Since I had, though, never played DOTT before, I also completely forgot that it was Purple Tentacle who grew arms. And now please don't stone me for never having played DOTT.)
    Wait. Maybe the whole arms thing has something to do with a certain P. Starfish...

Dragekatten: Imagine Green Tentacle grew arms just for kicks. Then visualize me thanking you for saying OMG after you saw the picture. :D

I'm thinking I may stream myself drawing some more stuff (maybe MI, maybe not) today since next week school starts again and I'm gonna have to focus on that.
  • edited August 2010
    I said it already, but I'll say it again: Elaine looks ADORABLE! I just want to hug her! I still want a Guybrush and Sam doll...
  • edited August 2010
    Uzrname wrote: »
    Wait... YOU did this?! I thought it was the official TTG ToMI poster!
    Apparently, the people at GameWallpapers thought exactly the same thing.
  • edited August 2010
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    Pics or it didn't happen :p

38473_134120949961783_100000916360068_167480_2958063_n.jpg

is THAT proof enough?
  • edited August 2010
    38473_134120949961783_100000916360068_167480_2958063_n.jpg

is THAT proof enough?

Wow, I didn't think 1) you'd take it seriously or 2) actually have a pic! Kudos to you, sir! :D

On another note, that girl on the right (wearing the purple cowboy hat and boots) looks hot. You didn't get her number, did you? Plz? :p
  • edited August 2010
    Hi boys and girls.. I’m back!!
    This time I have done a little pirate, there is a new character, more similar to an Guybrush Junior, maybe if a will have time a do an independent comics about this.. But now I don’t know because I try to work in more ways with low results or not many money. (this is the Italy) :(
    If You want see the making/of and listen the music that have inspired me for this draw visit my blog :

http://cirocangialosi.blogspot.com/

piratebas.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • edited August 2010
    Very good! Once again, crammed but nothing out of place and no bad lines or colours.
  • edited August 2010
    I hope that is non-alcoholic grog!

Great work as always!
  • edited August 2010
    Poor Guybrush still hasn't figured out that he's in a spell.
  • edited August 2010
    Excellent once again, Cirolmo. Packed with detail and glowing with colour, and that rat is cool :). Good work.
    WarlordX40 wrote: »
    I hope that is non-alcoholic grog!

Perhaps it's near-grog or grog-lite :).
  • edited August 2010
    Don't warry is only beer ;)
  • edited August 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    Perhaps it's near-grog or grog-lite :).

NEAR-GROG! Arg! Don't you hate it when you can't remember the name for something?
  • edited August 2010
    Irishmile needs to find time to make something for us again. It's been awhile. I want to see another Irishmile Murraycrab type painting out him.
  • edited August 2010
    Cirolmo, you're killing me with awesome. Totally in love with your style! <3
  • edited August 2010
    Great job! :)

Guybrush does remind me of Max there, though :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.