The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

Comments

• edited September 2010
    doodo! wrote: »
    Wtf!?

Assuming this is in regards to MonkeyMania's post (please 'quote' in the future), here is an explanation.

S: Star Wars
    T: The
    F: Force
    U: Unleashed
  • edited September 2010
    as I said on Mojo: awesome work Laserschwaert!

For you struzan lovers out there... during my times at The Raider I often saw fan art by Paul Schipper and Trevor Grove come along. They did some awesome struzan-esque work.

Here some links to their work:

http://www.paulshipper.com/psillo/Index.html

http://www.throwmetheidol.com/art_images/trevorgrove.html
  • edited September 2010
    Oh, either I didn't take time to get it, or I'd have to admit I totally didn't get it else wise. I'll never know but as things stand either way I don't think I got it.

Clever though.
  • edited September 2010
    SPLASH!

20100906030635water-pcjpg.jpg

I will cotinue with this ^_^
  • edited September 2010
    cirolmo wrote: »
    SPLASH!

[Pic]

I will cotinue with this ^_^

Awesome, once again! I love that fish on the left :D, it looks completely psychotic.

By the way, it would be cool to see you make a comic out of this. Maybe you could title it 'Guybrush: The Early Years', and have it following the events of Guybrush's childhood. Of course, this is only a suggestion. I'm sure you have other projects that you're busily working on at the moment.

Edit: Oh, whoops, I forgot that you already mentioned this:
    cirolmo wrote: »
    This time I have done a little pirate, there is a new character, more similar to an Guybrush Junior, maybe if a will have time a do an independent comics about this.. But now I don’t know because I try to work in more ways with low results or not many money. (this is the Italy) :(
  • edited September 2010
    Can't decide if it's an actual art style full of life and persona, potential, youth ism, inspiring, or just plain repetitive.

Either way I like it. Though it does remind me of the last works I've seen and I'm a little uninspired by that.

As a set, which they are understated to be, they're brilliant. Still not much fresh air under the sea. :D
    I do like it though, great work.
  • edited September 2010
    hey thats pretty cool cirolmo! did anyone else look at it and hear the diving music from monkey island in their head? :D
  • edited September 2010
    did anyone else look at it and hear the diving music from monkey island in their head? :D

Yes!
  • edited September 2010
    My latest project (as I'm on a Drew Struzan trip right now):

nwfinalsm.jpg
    I'm in love with this poster. I just love Drew Struzan's style
  • edited September 2010
    Bump!
  • edited September 2010
    don't just bump, draw something nice like this

eatyourheartouttiller.jpg

*100 pieces of eight to whomever can guess the scene
  • edited September 2010
    Wow, that took me a minute. I thought Lafoot was Winslow for a while.

Also, what could possibly be the point of bumping a stickied thread?
  • edited September 2010
    Possible resurrection?
  • edited September 2010
    Wow, that took me a minute. I thought Lafoot was Winslow for a while.

Really? I got it straight away.

By the way, Edward VanHelgen, I think that you're looking for the 'Crap Fan Art Thread'.
  • edited September 2010
    Possible resurrection?

Was this thread ever dead?
  • edited September 2010
    mgrant wrote: »
    Was this thread ever dead?

Not really, all that's happened is that it's slowed a little after the season ended. We still get the occasional piece from Cirolmo, as well as some other great entries from other contributors.

So, no - it's not dead.
  • edited September 2010
    Ah, it'd been too long since someone posted that.

If I go out with a girl, and she randomly searches "SilverWolfPet" on Google images, the first picture that shows up is this one.

So much for my heirs.
  • edited September 2010
    If I go out with a girl, and she randomly searches "SilverWolfPet" on Google images, the first picture that shows up is this one.

So much for my heirs.

What do you mean, Andrei? Who wouldn't wanna go out with a guy who dresses up like a creepy nun?
  • edited September 2010
    le_chuck_by_richguard-d2z5omy.jpg
  • edited September 2010
    What do you mean? That´s not him. That´s his aunt, Sister Agnes! :p
  • edited September 2010

So much for my heirs.

Oh god, he's right. That picture comes up as the very first entry.
  • edited September 2010
    I think that's sort of awesome myself, but admittedly I'm a bit odd.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited September 2010
    I just played the "Lair of the Leviathan" again (like, 15 minutes ago), and I didn't even have to look on de Cava's personal file of Noogie to perform the sister Agnes face.

It's all because of you, Silverwolfpet!! You spoiled the game!! :D :D
  • edited September 2010

So much for my heirs.

Well, if it's any consolation, if you search for "Sister Agnes Monkey Island", you're only number four. :D
  • edited October 2010
    Hi all...This is like I immagine Morgan LeFlay in Tales of Monkey Island seson 2..
    (ps if you want i doing a macking off of this fraw in my blogspot..)

http://cirocangialosi.blogspot.com/

morganleflay.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • edited October 2010
    Busy, as usual, I like it! Surely it must take so long just to make one drawing, with the immense amount of detail in it, yes?

Just out of interest, approximately how long did this drawing take you?
  • edited October 2010
    Very nice :)
  • edited October 2010
    Awesome! I love how she's still wearing bits of her original outfit.
  • edited October 2010
    Don't mind the size 15 feet. It's good but it's a little unclear for me.
  • edited October 2010
    Hayden: For the drawing two day and one night for the colors

Junaid : tnx my friend ^_^

Jen Kollic : I have done a little fusion whit Lechucks clothes, because I have the presentiment that she is more similar to LeChuck for the reason of love about Guybrush..

doodo!: Yes you be right.. Mayve be iso more clear in the color base version…

mackingoffmorgnaleflayc.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • edited October 2010
    Awesome, I like how you draw ghost Morgan Lafley. When I have seen the picture the first time I though it was Elaine as Lechuck´s demon Bride, then I saw the title :p I´d like to see Elaine drawn in your style, please.
  • edited October 2010
    I'd like to see him make a film.
  • edited October 2010
    Everyone loves Noir Sam, so here's my ten-seconds, MS Paint, who-gives-a-shit-about-proportions doodle of Noir Guybrush!

noirguybrush.png
  • edited October 2010
    Badass!
  • edited November 2010
    Been trying to do a piece inspired by Steve Purcell and Chris Sanders. Still a WIP.

e8pwnl.png
  • edited November 2010
    Something honestly doesn't look right about Morgan to me but it's artistically technically skillful. Morgan needs to look a little more feminine and sexy in my opinion. Something just isn't really capturing that here. In my opinion.
  • edited November 2010
    Yeah, I tend to draw women a little more muscular nowadays. You think that's exaggerated, you should see what I did with Turanga Leela. This is pretty much a case of wanting to draw Morgan and not having a clue what to do.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2010
    That's a great effort. Secret Fawful, would you mind if I attempted an overpaint/ drew the same pose? I'd need the inspiration to finally pick up anatomy again. It's a rather difficult pose and an interesting perspective, I'd really like to thoroughly analyse it.
  • edited November 2010
    Sure. Go ahead. One man's Morgan is another man's gain.
  • edited November 2010
    Hi everybody! I just wanted you all to know that I'm still alive (no, not GLaDOS :C) and that TheNuclearReactor and I are working on a little Monkey Island project. Nothing too huge, but you can expect to see something from us soon.
    We started on it last year and never got around to finishing it until now. I can't really give many details but I can tell you that the project is called "Manatee". Speculate if you will!

Also, I've seen some awesome artwork here. I hope everyone keeps up the good work!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.