The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

Comments

• edited January 2011
    OMG Morgan is hot...
  • edited January 2011
    Awesome colouring job. I really like the way you did it!
  • edited January 2011
    I think it's the most attractive Morgan I've seen so far to be honest, it looks all woman, I'd love to see a full figure from the same artist. Nothing inappropiate, I didn't mean it that way.
  • edited January 2011
    Thanks avi (I don't think I made a good job at coloring but whatthehell, thanks a lot!) and doodo!!

Especially doodo, whoa, didn't think one would FALL IN LOVE with it, let alone simply liking it. Drawing the body of Morgan (and only Morgan, not also Guybrush rolfmao) well... that's the catch I'm afraid. Because of my odd proportions and lack of anatomy sense I don't think it would look that attractive to you if I tried to draw the rest of her. Sorry :/ Try to complete it in your head, mate.

That also didn't sound that appropriate, but whatever.
  • edited January 2011
    Falanca - Awwwww, your Morgan is adorable! Don't worry about messing up her proportions if you draw the rest of her, her proportions are screwy anyway. HUEG hips, tiiiiiiiiiiny ankles. I like your Guybrush too, he looks suitably pleased with himself.

Cirolmo - That's freaking awesome. Evil Demon Genie LeChuck should totally be his next incarnation.
  • edited January 2011
    Jen Kollic wrote: »
    Falanca - Awwwww, your Morgan is adorable! Don't worry about messing up her proportions if you draw the rest of her, her proportions are screwy anyway. HUEG hips, tiiiiiiiiiiny ankles. I like your Guybrush too, he looks suitably pleased with himself.

I mean messing up her "artifically designed" proportions, even! I'm not known for my consistent drawing hand to begin with, so I don't think I would try to give it a shot. Plus it's just a fanart and all :/

Again, sorry doodo.

Thanks for the lovely comment though. Appreciated to the extreme.
  • edited February 2011
    First of all, lemme just say this: AEOFUHAOPEVNAWUNE HOLY CRAP!! Ghost Pirate LeChuck!!

*ahem* Okay, with that out of the way... I hope the cat is prepared with Root Beer. o_o (Also, I'd like to see this comic of yours.)

I’m working about it.. The editor give me a deadline MOOOORE NEAR (15 february ) I must finish ten pages in black and white and I have had the scenario only a week ago.. I have done 4/10 pages (I have also another works like colorist some time) If you see something I have post on my blog an extrapolation of a page http://cirocangialosi.blogspot.com/

I’m working like a crazy in this moment because after the 15 frebruary I must start to color the ten pages for deliver all to the editor 5 of March! (in this moment in Italy is the 06:08 and I will go to sleep now ^_^)

Ps sorry if I'm not more "active" in this forum..I understand the english language but I think that my english is very bad and I have the fear to do a poor figure.. ^_^

Even though, I want do my congratolation to Falanca for her beautiful works ^_^
  • edited February 2011
    cirocangialosi.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • edited February 2011
    That's probably your most beautiful and atmospheric piece, cirolmo - terrific work!

You really need to work on a fan game sometime, because I'm dying to actually explore these locations. Or, better yet, you could apply for a position as a concept artist at Telltale :).
  • edited February 2011
    Hayden wrote: »
    That's probably your most beautiful and atmospheric piece, cirolmo - terrific work!

You really need to work on a fan game sometime, because I'm dying to actually explore these locations. Or, better yet, you could apply for a position as a concept artist at Telltale :).

Perhaps in your fanproject? :D
  • edited February 2011
    Good point, actually. Only if he has the time, though. I understand that he's usually quite busy with other projects. But, if he's willing, then he'd be perfectly welcome :).
  • edited February 2011
    cirolmo wrote: »
    cirocangialosi.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Very impressive. Did you a draw a specific area from one of the games? I don't really recognize this.
  • edited February 2011
    Def have your own style. when you going to put together a game with your art or something? If I had to guess it's his reincarnation of a voodo shack.
  • edited February 2011
    I just played the "Lair of the Leviathan" again (like, 15 minutes ago), and I didn't even have to look on de Cava's personal file of Noogie to perform the sister Agnes face.

It's all because of you, Silverwolfpet!! You spoiled the game!! :D :D

oops...sorry? :D
    Well, if it's any consolation, if you search for "Sister Agnes Monkey Island", you're only number four. :D

The real consolation is that I'm not the first guy to do this. I actually feel better when I think of the great Louis de Funes, who had to disguise himself as a nun in one of his movies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff5IKIbdTws&feature=related

One of my favorite scenes. :)
  • edited February 2011
    The real consolation is that I'm not the first guy to do this. I actually feel better when I think of the great Louis de Funes, who had to disguise himself as a nun in one of his movies.

You may have just found the inspiration for sister Agnes lol. :P
  • edited March 2011
    Considered as sculpture, this fan art definitely counts as "legendary" in my book! :D

5309521961_8de05f864a_z.jpg

Source: the Flickr account of Orion Pax, apparent Master Bricksmith.
  • edited March 2011

Actually, it seems that dressing up as a nun is fairly popular.
  • edited March 2011
    I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one who would love a steampunk version of Monkey Island, so I'll just leave this here.

misteam.jpg
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited March 2011
    Nemiant wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one who would love a steampunk version of Monkey Island, so I'll just leave this here.

I wouldn't have wanted that... but your picture makes the idea far more interesting than I would've thought possible. ;)

Great work!
  • edited April 2011
    It's been months since my last post, but here is one of my last fanart of monkey island:
    2745019920555_guybrush_threepwood.jpg
  • edited April 2011
    I really love that. Your style is great; it's sort of cartoon-y, but also really busy and detailed. And that's a cool version of Guybrush. Especially the hair - it looks like he's on a return trip home from Japan of something :D.
  • edited April 2011
    Mintsu wrote: »
    Also if you wanna see me as Elaine here is the pic. Costume is not hundred percent ready though..

http://mintsu-chan.deviantart.com/art/Yarr-Elaine-Threepwood-199786983?q=boost%3Apopular%20by%3Amintsu-chan%20tales%20of&qo=7

Welcome to the forums!

I do pity the person in the back of the photo there...
    You realise this is something that obsessed killers do, right? ;)
    I hope it's nothing personal... :|
  • edited April 2011
    Hayden wrote: »
    I really love that. Your style is great; it's sort of cartoon-y, but also really busy and detailed. And that's a cool version of Guybrush. Especially the hair - it looks like he's on a return trip home from Japan of something :D.

:D
    thanks!!! I think I've improved since last time.
    Lol: the hair!!!
    here is the meme I've done:
    10893261104946_guybrush__before_and_after_by_guimero64.png
    the first drawing was done in 2009 (I was 14 I think)
    And now I understand why no one responded to it when i first posted it on this forum!!! LOL!!!
  • edited April 2011
    Your original piece isn't too bad; there are parts of it I like, such as the moon, and (the concept of) the poxed-hand-on-a-stick. That being said, your new version is miles better. Are you planning on doing something similar with any of your other older pieces?
  • edited April 2011
    Thanks! And, yes I'm planning to restart an old drawing that I've never finished!!!
    Here it is, it's unfinished:
    131813187363_prepo.png
    It's going to be changed entirely because this composition is not interesting enough...
    :)
  • edited April 2011
    never really drawn before so i thought i would try drawing guybrush threepwood.

[IMG][/img]012.jpg

hope you like it
  • edited April 2011
    LOL if you're not lieing that's great for never drawn before.

guimero64, I'm so proud of you in a sort of sense. You've really put in the effort to develop a true artistic style and make something of your work. You really put heart in it, care into it, passion, true artistic worth, value, and commitment.

You're work is creative, brilliant. It's creative, expression yet shows neatness, discipline, it's clean, clear.

It's outlined just right contained where need be and bleeding with passion and artistic brilliance, illumination, like a stained glass window master piece which it resembles visually...
  • edited April 2011
    im not lying. just got bored the other night and thought i would give it a go and guybrush threepwood seemed like a great subject choice to go for :)
  • edited April 2011
    Joop wrote: »
    Welcome to the forums!

I do pity the person in the back of the photo there...
    You realise this is something that obsessed killers do, right? ;)
    I hope it's nothing personal... :|

Thanks! ^^
    Haha XD I just think the person in pic would not wanted to been seen in this photo so I scribbled over it :'D
  • edited April 2011
    2pttohw.jpg
  • edited April 2011
    Yeaah! :D
    Hah, seriously. Gotta love that circulating arm. And that tiny hand in the middle of it!
  • edited May 2011
    Thought you guys might want to see a Guybrush I did a little while ago

guybrush.jpg
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Welcome to the forums, doodlebank! Great artists are always welcome here. :D
  • edited May 2011
    Hello doodlebank I hope you stick around and share more art like that ... I like it a bunch.
  • edited May 2011
    That could of been a cool look for Curse of Monkey Island. I don't even know how they came up with the Guybrush we have for the game.
  • edited June 2011
    pismi.jpg

You just gotta love this "LeCHUCK"!
  • edited June 2011
    No offence, but I believe that this particular drawing should belong to this thread.
  • edited June 2011
    Sarendor wrote: »
    No offence, but I believe that this particular drawing should belong to this thread.

Hey, given some of the content of that thread, it's not an insult at all. I just went back through it then; damn, I want to revive it so badly :D.
  • edited June 2011
    Well, you can do it whenever you want! Adding content to it shouldn't take more than five minutes, ey?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.