• edited July 2010
    There was me thinking nothing would impress Winslow that much anymore
  • edited July 2010
    a1sauce.png

awesome
  • edited July 2010
    Elaine Marley

sgtshgsg_by_native_threepwood.png

She looks like she needs to be black, which aside from not being canon is not representative of history. In the time period we're talking about, the governors of the Caribbean would have been of Causacian and Latino dissent.
  • edited July 2010
    Some doodles/sketches I did earlier this year.

8.jpg
    Lineart klick/Background klick

5-1.jpg

Elaine
    Stan
    Morgan

7.jpg

Two more doodlecrap things...

Long post is long. Sorry in advance if I didn't do these characters justice. These are just some personal interpretations. :)
  • edited July 2010
    Those are awesome.
  • edited July 2010
    Very German feel. Love them to bits.
  • edited July 2010
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    Very German feel.

Haha, I've never heard that before. :D

Thanks a LOT to both of you! ~<3
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited July 2010

Very JAPANESE feel. I share the love, though. ;)

Elaine in 2-1 is glorious. No need for linking - post it directly!
  • edited July 2010
    Sannelicious, those are brilliant, I really like them! No, in fact, I love them... as well.
  • edited July 2010
    ive authored a dvd so i can watch the bonus stuff from the mi dvd on an actual dvd player.

i dont know if that counts as fan art though
  • edited July 2010
    Oh my god sannelicious, those drawings are amazing. The Stan and Morgan drawings look a bit freaky but the Elaine one is absolutely fantastic!
  • edited July 2010
    Very JAPANESE feel. I share the love, though. ;)

Elaine in 2-1 is glorious. No need for linking - post it directly!

Whoof... JAPANESE!? Then I failed HARD. :D Totally NOT a fan of japanese art (mangas and stuff).

I thought that the post might be too long if I'd posted them all directly. Picture spams can be quite irritating. :D

Thanks a LOT to all of you, I'm really glad you like these! :)
  • edited July 2010
    Sannelicious, I loved your drawings too. Love the way you draw noses.
  • edited July 2010
    8.jpg

The way Monkey Island 2 could have ended, all those years ago! :D
  • edited July 2010
    Haha, I've never heard that before. :D

Oops. Mein schmutziger Geist vermisste dass man. Es tut mir leid!

And I apologise for my German being appalling. We didn't learn phrases like that in the classroom.
  • edited July 2010
    Oops. Mein schmutziger Geist vermisste dass man. Es tut mir leid!

Hm? What exactly are you trying to say?
  • edited July 2010
    Mermaid wrote: »
    Hm? What exactly are you trying to say?

Ich weisste es! Die deutsche Maedchen verstehen nicht mein Deutsch, also mein Deutsch geht nicht. Ich bin ein Versager! Neeeeeeiiiiiiiiinnnnn... :(

What I meant to say was "my dirty mind missed that one. I'm sorry."

"Very German feel. Love it to bits." sounds dodgy but I didn't realise that when I typed it, so the reaction caught me by surprise. Since then I've confused everyone with bad broken German and should really quit now before it gets out of hand.
  • edited July 2010
    Very nice! I love the way you draw Elaine.
  • edited July 2010
    Ich weisste es! Die Deutschleute verstehen nicht mein Deutsch, also mein Deutch geht nicht. Ich bin ein Versager! Neeeeeeiiiiiiiiinnnnn... :(

What I meant to say was "my dirty mind missed that one. I'm sorry."

"Very German feel. Love it to bits." sounds dodgy but I didn't realise that when I typed it, so the reaction caught me by surprise. Since then I've confused everyone with bad broken German and should really quit now before it gets out of hand.

Don't beat yourself up, you're doing okay. And I like the sound of the word "Deutschleute". :D
  • edited July 2010

Well when you wrote it I hadn't seen the pictures yet so I was like "how can a drawing have a German feel?" But then I scrolled up and saw the pictures and I thought to myself "yeah, these do kind of have a German feel". So, if it's any consolation I (kind of) know what you're talking about.
  • edited July 2010
    Thanks to all of you, again. :)

@ tbm1986 .... your german is actually pretty good. :D As mermaid said before, don't beat yourself up. Oh, and please do NOT think I was offended or something like that when you wrote the "german feel" thing. I've just really never heard that before. I wasn't aware that a drawing can radiate .... nationality. Apart from Japan's Manga/Anime and the very american comic style (as seen in MARVEL entertainment, for example).
  • edited July 2010
    Thanks for your kind words, girls! I didn't study German back at school or uni for as long as I would have liked. I love your language and I visited part of your country (the Rottweil region near Stuttgart - stayed in a modest village called Oberndorf) when I was 14 with school. What I saw was beautiful, down-to-earth and sensible. The people I met were much the same - a bit abrupt at times, but on the whole helpful. I'd love to go back.

It humbles me a lot when I come across a German because they take speaking a foreign language very seriously, to the point that they speak and write much better English than native speakers do, with modern vocabulary, mannerisms and colloquialisms intact. I know most of you study English for at least 8 years and see a fair amount of American films but still to keep it up is astounding. The Scandinavians I've met are much the same.

Compared with little old me, who studied German on-and-off for 5 years, much of that repetitive. Unfortunately whenever I try out the language nowadays, it's with grammar and vocabulary (especially) that we never got taught at school. It makes me realise how limited our curriculum is. As such, I rely heavily on a dictionary and what I managed to pick up that was never on the syllabus.

I just hope that, like the French, the Germans like it when I try, and also that I don't speak/write too much nonsense.

On another note, does deutsche Leute sound better than Deutschleute? I love your compound nouns. It's creeped into our language (more on the US side) in the last few decades but not nearly enough, imo.

[/stereotyping][/sucking-up]
    edited July 2010
    On another note, does deutsche Leute sound better than Deutschleute? I love your compound nouns. It's creeped into our language (more on the US side) in the last few decades but not nearly enough, imo.
    [/stereotyping][/sucking-up]

Is all that really relevant to the art?? ;)
    Seriously though: Compound nouns - and their spontaneous formation - were rather common in English once. The language has almost lost this formation possibility today. Yet quite possibly, the German language moves in an equal direction (tendency to use hyphens between nouns is increasing; seems like people want to read these words as more separate entities).
    Whoof... JAPANESE!? Then I failed HARD. :D Totally NOT a fan of japanese art (mangas and stuff).

Welllllll.... I readily admit, yes, I experienced a slight "Manga" feel in your art. Possibly in the shape of the eye abstraction and in the reproduction of Guybrush's jaw/ face rim line; also, he comes across rather androgynous. Maybe I even saw that influence in the exaggerated gestures of the first piece. It might be subjective, though, as my personal favourite, Elaine, and the voodoo lady sketch has nothing particularly "Manga-ish" I could spot.

I myself don't get along particularly well with Manga. I don't hate it, though. It's just that my favourite fantasy/Sci-Fi/Comic artists happen to not be Japanese. They're British, American, Spanish, Australian and French. It's mere chance, really!
  • edited July 2010
    On another note, does deutsche Leute sound better than Deutschleute? I love your compound nouns. It's creeped into our language (more on the US side)

"Deutschleute" is not a word. You'd say "deutsche Leute" or "Deutsche."
    But I love the sound of it. You may always call me "Deutschleut". ;)
  • edited July 2010
    Actually, since Mermaid is female, you should call her Deutschleutin... while male Germans, like me, are Deutschleut. :P
  • edited July 2010
    Danke, alle! Ich habe gelernt. Jetzt brauche ich meinen [there appears to be no german word for cases] mich lehren.
  • edited July 2010
    I did a couple of MS Paint doodles of MI2SE Guybrush, since I just love his design in this game. :D
    mi2seguybrush.png
    mi2seguybrushdressu.png
    In both of these I tried to make him look very very skinny under his very baggy clothes. :p
  • edited July 2010
    @Teeth: Bloody good for MS Paint!
    edited July 2010
    Danke, alle! Ich habe gelernt. Jetzt brauche ich meinen [there appears to be no german word for cases] mich lehren.

Oh my god, don't let them fool you. There is neither a singular form of "Leute", and definitly not a singular denoting female. Don't use "Leut" as a singular or even "Leutin"! :D

That Mermaid and Laserschwert... ;)
  • edited July 2010
    Oh my god, don't let them fool you. There is neither a singular form of "Leute", and definitly not a singular denoting female. Don't use "Leut" as a singular or even "Leutin"! :D

That Mermaid and Laserschwert... ;)

Oops, I'd better edit my post a page back again. I'd changed the Leute to Leutinen. Sehr lustig, Laserschwert! Ich liebe dich auch...lol.:rolleyes:
  • edited July 2010
    Seems like I haven't posted any art here in ages. And I guess it's time for me to start working on all those fanarts I promised to make while I was racing!

To start off, I randomly scribbled these two ladies two days ago. Both came out a tad weirder than I had hoped since the lineart got muddled up in the vectorizing process. Yet again, that somehow makes it just as weird as I needed it. I mean, it's JUST warm-up fanart.

There you go, Morgan and Elaine (not a chibi!). Enjoy.

86a5954c5bbf743a5e2f4fce05596b79.png

5b0f78976b0ffd16541c8b2fdcfb4c35.png

Much better stuff to come very very soon.

(The scattering filter on the Morgan one is there on purpose. I thought that if the lineart is so messy, then the color might just be as well, I just wanted to see what effect it had. So I went for it and tried, then decided that I'll just keep it that way. Especially because it's nothing but a sketch.)
  • edited July 2010
    Almost looks like you used water colors and purposely put it on too thick and muddied your water for a effect. Which I kind of like but I think the energy of the piece is a tad unbalanced but maybe that's fair to the character.

I'd like to see an entire scene done this way, it would be rather unique and interesting if you captured the life life defects properly and were successful adding the imperfections with the water colors. I think I'd love to see the result, very original it would be.

As for Elaine I like that one too but I'm not compelled to talk about it.
  • edited August 2010
    Guybrush Threepwood, mighty transvestite TM^^
    37724_134101453297066_100000916360068_167442_235828_n.jpg

i made that as a cosplay a few weeks ago, wel 98% of the pictures where very out of character so i can only post this one....
  • edited August 2010
    You are one pretty lady.
  • edited August 2010
    I should not enjoy seeing a man in a pink dress, and yet here we are. Monkey Island has truly ruined me.
  • edited August 2010
    Whoa, that took a lot of courage, didn't it? Awesome shot, you make a great Guybrush. :D
  • edited August 2010
    Nice one, man!
  • edited August 2010
    Sex-y.
  • edited August 2010
    Haha, you look awesome.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.