The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

Comments

• edited January 2010
    New member here, I don't draw much but I do like to make silly things with polymer clay. Like Guybrush if he was a Kirby. (and also Elaine, but I've not finished painting her yet)

0003xq2a
  • jmmjmm
    edited January 2010
    Awesome. Though the last one looks a little like Conroy Bumpus (From Sam&Max: Hit the Road)
  • edited January 2010
    jmm wrote: »
    Awesome. Though the last one looks a little like Conroy Bumpus (From Sam&Max: Hit the Road)

Now that you mention it, yes he does! Come to think of it, I wonder how well Sam and Max would translate into Kirby form...
  • edited January 2010
    @Phoebe_Cn: Thanks! (They sure appreciated your thoughtfulness ;))
    @WeRa: They did want one ;) And no, I only have one dA account. I just haven't uploaded my MI pictures yet.

Last time I was looking at my fanarts I noticed I had never drawn Guybrush with a normal facial expression. So here you go!

GuybrushPortrait.png
  • edited January 2010

Ha, those are amazing, thanks! I'll need to e-mail the artist and see if he's okay with me using his designs.
  • edited January 2010
    Mandahaya wrote: »
    @Phoebe_Cn: Thanks! (They sure appreciated your thoughtfulness ;))
    @WeRa: They did want one ;) And no, I only have one dA account. I just haven't uploaded my MI pictures yet.

Last time I was looking at my fanarts I noticed I had never drawn Guybrush with a normal facial expression. So here you go!

GuybrushPortrait.png

Awww, how cute ^^
    I'm going to check your DA more soon :D Hehe
    Thanks for the info and nice drawings ;)
    Bye!
  • jmmjmm
    edited January 2010
    I was really bored so I did this:
    Morgan between shots, during the making of ToMI :)

leflay_beach.png
  • edited January 2010
    Haha nice! Looks like she's doing one of those behind-the-scenes interviews :D
    Jen Kollic wrote: »
    New member here, I don't draw much but I do like to make silly things with polymer clay. Like Guybrush if he was a Kirby. (and also Elaine, but I've not finished painting her yet)

0003xq2a
    Now THIS is adorable!
  • edited January 2010
    jmm wrote: »
    I was really bored so I did this:
    Morgan between shots, during the making of ToMI :)

leflay_beach.png

Haha I love this. You should put it in for the next caption contest
  • edited January 2010
    Not My Art but it's very nice.

Guybrush_Threepwood_by_ShikaruOC.jpg

Artist's deviantART:
    http://shikaruoc.deviantart.com/
  • LupLup
    edited January 2010
    actuallly I made this for the disturbing fanart thread but here it is :D
    sick and tired of playing wow wanna play MIO!

mionlie3aeffchen.jpg

(nerd faces in the pic belong two friends and me)

P.S.: please ignore the obvious similarity between our outfits ... O..o
  • edited January 2010
    And here is Kirby Elaine to go with Kirby Guybrush. Now I'm seriously tempted to make a Kirby Morgan...

0003y1k7
  • edited January 2010
    1) Opening this topic is always fun, because all the art passes by again while the page loads :D (That sounds weird, but I hope you know what I mean >_>)

2) That is incredibly awesome, Jen Kollic! They should mass-produce those :)
  • edited January 2010
    Awesome indeed, Jen! So when do we get the Zombie Pirate Dedede? ;)
  • edited January 2010
    The Kirbies are absolutely adorable! I hope you keep making them :)
  • edited January 2010
    Admonisher wrote: »
    Awesome indeed, Jen! So when do we get the Zombie Pirate Dedede? ;)

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of MetaChuck, but I like your idea a lot better! I'll get working on that once I finish Kirby Morgan.
  • edited January 2010
    I feel kinda bad for never posting any finished stuff in this thread, so here's to me kind of redeeming myself. I drew this as a part of an art trade with Maxilyah.

ohheyitsmyart.jpg

And that's just about as finished as you're going to get with me.
  • edited January 2010
    Giant tope, that is brilliant!! Very nice artstyle you've got there.
  • edited January 2010
    That's...that's amazing.
  • edited January 2010
    That looks fantastic Tope! I really like your drawing style.
  • edited January 2010
    Thanks guys! I think I'm gonna take a break from drawing piratey stuff for a bit because my sister teases me about it a lot and I'm young enough to still care about that sort of stuff, but if you guys liked it then maybe I should draw more.

EDIT I MEAN I LOVE MY SISTERWHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT PLEASE DONT GET MAD AT ME
  • edited January 2010
    Hellyeah! There's a lot more people who will appreciate your drawings than people who will tease you about your drawings. Plus, is there anything cooler to draw than pirates? No.
  • edited January 2010
    It would be a sad waste of the amazing talent you've been blessed with if you didn't use it to draw whatever you wanted.
  • edited January 2010
    Aye, just annoy that annoying sis' of your and draw whatever you want.

Or if it's really bad, tease her with something silly she likes (Twilight perhaps?).
  • edited January 2010
    Morgan_Leflay_and_Murray_by_jack8642.jpg
    Morgan:My Parents Used to Say My Thighs Will Bring the Thunder If I Keep Eating Lots of Tacos, and They Were Right. Now My Thighs are Thunder Thighs!
    Murray:Ho. I Want to Give a Kiss to Tacos for That.

Morgan:My Preants Gave Me Nothing, But This CURSE!
    Murray:CURSE? Poppycock! That's GIFT!

Morgan:Guybrush Will Think Me as a Fatty Woman Because of This Thick Fatty Thighs..!
    Murray:No, He will Remember You as VENUS Because of Your Hot Muscular Thighs.

Morgan:I Want to Go Plastic surgery, And Erase This Shameful Part From My Memory.
    Murray:SHAME?!! FXXX Yourself, Are You Crazy?!! That's Your Only PROUD!! YOUR THIGHS ARE REMARKABLE!! Without Your Thighs, You Are NOTHING! You Will Forget About Yourself,Others Will Forget About You, And Your Lovely Sweety Guybrush 'Buckethead' Will Forget About YOU,FOREVER!!!! So, Take Your Destiny, And AND STOP WHINING LIKE A COW!!!!!!!

Morgan:You Seems Right, I Changed My Mind. I'll Keep IT For Guybrush..By the Way, If You Gonna Say Guybrush Like THAT One More Time, Than I'll Gonna Crush Your Filthy Mouse With My Knee....!
    Murray: Ha! You Can't Do That, I'm Murray, The Mighty Demonic Skull!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's My First Morgan Leflay and Murray Fanart Teehee!
    Oh, I Love Secrets of Monkey Island, I Love Murray The Demonic Mighty Skull, And I Love Morgan Leflay!
  • edited January 2010

*ROTFLMAO!!!* That image is the greatest thing I have ever seen, done or eaten. Pleeeeeeeease do more Morgan pics!
  • edited January 2010

A very nice, and funny pic! But you just need to replace "proud" with "pride". If it's a noun, then it "pride".

Great job though, you've put a lot of detail into Morgan's clothing.
  • edited January 2010
    so what DO you think about Morgan's thighs? LOL
  • LupLup
    edited January 2010
    Awesom Morgan and Murray pic

really great style and also very funny! + *likes the boob reflection* °,..,°
  • edited January 2010
    awesome pic
  • edited February 2010
    Hellyeah! There's a lot more people who will appreciate your drawings than people who will tease you about your drawings. Plus, is there anything cooler to draw than pirates? No.
    It would be a sad waste of the amazing talent you've been blessed with if you didn't use it to draw whatever you wanted.
    Aye, just annoy that annoying sis' of your and draw whatever you want.

Or if it's really bad, tease her with something silly she likes (Twilight perhaps?).

G-guys... you know that I'm Topes' sister, right? The same person who collaborated with her on that horrible, horrible Guybrush x Guybrush pic? For the record, everyone, I LIKE PIRATES. I LIKE PIRATE DRAWINGS EVEN. I only make fun of her because she spends most of her drawing time doing either Monkey Island fanart or piratey pictures and almost NOTHING ELSE, except for the occasional durpy Link.

GEEZ TOPES. WAY TO MAKE THIS FORUM HATE ME.

[ps: I don't like Twilight]
  • edited February 2010
    I totally do draw more than just pirates, you just never pay attention. Baawww
  • edited February 2010
    Oh, we don't hate you!

Okay, maybe just a little bit, but it's all jealousy, I swear...
  • edited February 2010
    Oh, and I should also add that, despite what Topes might have made it look like, I think she's an awesome artist that's waaay better than me. When she said 'teased,' she meant like, "Oh you and your pirates, you're so silly!", not "STOP DRAWING PIRATES, YOU'LL NEVER GET ANYWHERE IN LIFE IF YOU KEEP DRAWING PIRATES. GO TO BUSINESS SCHOOL LIKE YOUR FATHER."
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    I totally do draw more than just pirates, you just never pay attention. Baawww

Pffft, I know. I just like to make fun of you for stupid things.
  • edited February 2010
    You're both pretty great artists. Must run in your family. I'd love to see more from both of you.
  • edited February 2010
    G-guys... you know that I'm Topes' sister, right?
    Hmmm...
    The same person who collaborated with her on that horrible, horrible Guybrush x Guybrush pic?
    Augh... MY EYES...MY EYES.
    [ps: I don't like Twilight]
    However, you've now been freed of any previous hatred you attained ;).
  • edited February 2010
    I've extended my group-shot a bit and made it into a poster (or DVD-cover):

tomiposter.jpg
    (Click it for a big version)
    Wait... YOU did this?! I thought it was the official TTG ToMI poster!
    I am completely oblivious to how in the heck you extracted their 3D renderings (if you did extract them, of course, because if you just drew this with a pencil, that would indeed make you a god), yet I'm still wondering whether just a touch of one computer drawing app could do that...

Okay, I'll jump straight to it: you didn't do it in Photoshop, did you?
  • edited February 2010
    Uzrname wrote: »
    Okay, I'll jump straight to it: you didn't do it in Photoshop, did you?

Not exclusively... the re-modeling, lighting and rendering of the (extracted) 3D-characters was done in 3dsmax, while everything that came after that was done with Photoshop.
  • edited February 2010
    oh..and I thought he used Microsoft Paint...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.