Game of Thrones Episode 1: Iron from Ice Choices

Comments

• Yes, sadly Ethan dies no matter what you do.

If you wait Ramsey at the Gate you'll have a few choices, like tell his men to wait outside, the Shield-testing scene also happens outside but in the end he enters anyway.

Mira eathan posted: »

I mean is lord eathan must die or it depends on what i choose i wasnt know any thing about game of thrones since yesterday an i liked it so much

• edited December 2014

Alt text

• Stayed with Bowen because I doubt a few seconds would've changed anything, it might have put me in danger too if I were too suspicious.
    • Swore loyalty to Margaery because I couldn't care less what Cersei wants.
    • I freed Erik because I wanted able men when Ramsey arrives, and I doubt Gared would want an angry guy near him who might try to take revenge after learning he serves the very house who sent him to the Wall.
    • Duncan <3
    • Met Ramsey at the gate because I still thought Royland's ideas weren't completely stupid, projecting power is a smart idea with the likes of Ramsey, but well...
  • edited December 2014
    • Stayed with Bowen.

• Swore loyalty to Margaery.

• Sent Erik to the Wall.

• Picked Royland to be the Sentinel.

• Met Ramsay at the gates.

• Thank you for answering I realy loved eathan its so sad to lose him and what about his little brother will they take him even if you met ramsey at the gate?

Byakuren posted: »

Yes, sadly Ethan dies no matter what you do. If you wait Ramsey at the Gate you'll have a few choices, like tell his men to wait outside, the Shield-testing scene also happens outside but in the end he enters anyway.

• edited December 2014

◦ Stayed with Bowen

◦ Swore loyalty to Lady Margaery

◦ Sent Erik to the wall

◦ Picked Duncan as Sentinel

◦ Met Ramsey Snow in Great Hall

1. Left Bowen ( He proved he could be a jerk in less than five minutes, so... )
    2. Swore Loyalty to Margaery ( Because I just don't like Cersei :v )
    3. Showed Mercy to the man ( We can blame him? Seriously. )
    4. Picked Royland ( I wanted to fight, but... you know. )
    5. Meet Ramsay at the gate ( But don't worked =/ )
    1. Left Bowen (Thought it'd be best to save the Lord, than a squire friend)
    2. Swore Loyalty to Margaery (Hopefully to help House Forrester in future)
    3. Killed man who killed my father (Deserved it)
    4. Picked Ser Royland (Like him for his military experience, and no B.S. mentality)
    5. Let Ramsay in Great Hall (Wanted to face him man to man in my hall)
    1. Also chopped three of Erik's fingers off
    BrandoB30 posted: »

* Left Bowen (Thought it'd be best to save the Lord, than a squire friend) * Swore Loyalty to Margaery (Hopefully to help House Forrester i

• Same choices as me, surprised more people didn't cut the thief's fingers off. Felt I had to make a statement to those that felt stealing from House Forrester was not the solution to any problems the people were having. Also what were some reasons you chose Ser Royland? Seems to me we might have the same thinking because I chose him as well. Just curious to hear your thoughts on why you did what you did to the thief and your choice Ser Royland

Arsun97 posted: »

* I left Bowen behind * I swore loyalty to the king * Cut off three of Erik's fingers * I picked Royland as Sentinel * I met Ramsay in the Great Hall

• edited December 2014

Alt text

Margarine? Hahaha.

• He is kinda the guy who has a bit smug personality, but you have the feeling he would stand beside you.
    Imo. :)

I had basically the same choices except I left Bowen. Consider yourself lucky, I'm feeling tremendous survivor's guilt from leaving him.

• Yeah, he'll still take Ryon as some sort of hostage.

Ramsay, or his father Roose, probably planned all of that beforehand anyway.

Mira eathan posted: »

Thank you for answering I realy loved eathan its so sad to lose him and what about his little brother will they take him even if you met ramsey at the gate?

• Ipad user here for both game and logging on to site to see choices, no luck here ether :(

caryl posted: »

We are investigating this issue. A small percentage of customers who have connected their TTG account to their PSN name are not able to see

• I always get worried I wont have that choice! At the end of that Cersei scene where Margaery walks past and gives you that evil look I really wanted to say to her after 'only did it because you asked me to! So don't get pissed, yeah?'

Duruial posted: »

I mean, it is is not like that is a promise I intend to keep.

• edited December 2014

Yeah, hopefully that will be a dialog option if Margaery ever brings it up.

Margaery: How can I trust you! You swore loyalty to the King over me!

Mira: You told me to do it! I did what you said!

I always get worried I wont have that choice! At the end of that Cersei scene where Margaery walks past and gives you that evil look I really wanted to say to her after 'only did it because you asked me to! So don't get pissed, yeah?'

• Does anyone thinks that sending that soldier to the wall might hurt/kill Gared?

• Stayed with Bowen (bro's/class before king)
    • Swore loyalty to Margaery (I basically chose interpretable/vague answers to screw with Cercei. However, Margaery wanted me to appease the queen, so to make it up to her I wanted to indicate that I was on her side, so I could get help later)
    • Freed Erik (if I sent everyone who tried to avoid starvation to the wall we'd have no one left in the village)
    • Picked Duncan (I can't choose a man who seeks warfare as the first solution to have any serious decision making/advisory power)
    • Met Ramsay in the Great Hall (to show him I wasn't afraid and to at least try with a bit of diplomacy - didn't expect my guards to let him in armed to the teeth though :(
  • edited December 2014

Saved Bowen. He's a dick, but it was the knightly thing to do. I felt it would have been cowardly to abandon Bowen, and even if I did, those few seconds clearly wouldn't have assisted Gared in warning Lord Forrester in time. I also think that is what Lord Forrester would have wanted Gared to do, to stand strong by his comrades, instead of abandoning them to save himself.

Swore loyalty to the King. It would have been foolish to declare loyalty to the woman who isn't even queen yet, it actually would have made it worse for Margaery imo. She said to say anything to appease Cersei, by not doing so, you'd be putting an even bigger target on Margaery's back.

Sent Erik to the wall. He stole from the Forresters, and was attempting to persuade everyone to abandon House Forrester. He made it clear he wasn't loyal to Ethan. I had to make an example of him so people would know that Ethan is not a man to be trifled with.

Picked Duncan as Sentinel. He is level headed, and thinks about all the potential consequences before making a decision. Lord Forrester trusted only him with the knowledge of the Grove, that alone made him extremely valuable in my eyes. I only hope that he is capable of fighting back when it is necessary, but so far waging war would do more damage to the Forresters than the enemy.

Met Ramsay at the gate. I kind of regret this decision, but I felt it was necessary to appease Royland. He is a skilled fighter, and it would be very beneficial to have him on the Forrester's side.

• Stayed with Bowen
    • I swore loyalty to Margaery
    • I sent Erik to the Wall
    • I picked Duncan as Sentinel
    • I met Ramsay in the Great Hall
  • edited December 2014
    • I Left Bowen behind.

I felt that I may have been able to get to Rodrik and Lord Forrester in time. Gutted I couldn't, and lost Bowen too. Funny thing, I actually didn't notice It when It said "Red Wedding". When I saw the guy loading a crossbow, It suddenly dawned on me. That was fun.

• I swore loyalty to Margaery.

Horrible mistake. I was a little intimidated by Cersei, and I think In the heat of the moment, my brain just said "YOU LIKE MARGAERY MORE" and I went with her. I'll have to rectify that.

• I sent Erik to the wall

Seemed like I was playing Ethan as someone who was rapidly losing his innocence. When I re-do the first episode, I will probably just slice his fingers off.

• I picked Duncan as the sentinel

Seemed to me that Royland was just likely to piss off Ramsay. I didn't like his constant "ARRGGHH ALWAYS ANGER" persona, so, I went for diplomacy. That did a lot of good.

• I met Ramsay at the gates.

Sigh. Ramsay terrifies me. I felt a lot better having a portcullis between myself and him. Of course, those contented feelings were dashed when he started accosting Talia. I just knew he was going to do something utterly psychotic. SOMEONE GET RID OF THAT GUY.

• Actually, she makes that face even if you swear fealty to her. I don't know why.

I always get worried I wont have that choice! At the end of that Cersei scene where Margaery walks past and gives you that evil look I really wanted to say to her after 'only did it because you asked me to! So don't get pissed, yeah?'

• edited December 2014

Here are mine. My choices have since changed, and the image no longer reflected that, but I lost the new print-screen copy when I copy-pasted something else.

"He'll remember that" choices:

• Kept my oath to Lord Forrester and told only Duncan
    • Found my voice when meeting with Lord Whitehill, refrained from disrespecting him
    • Told Lord Whitehill that we're in the right. Hope he remembers it when Asher comes to collect.
    • Requested Margery to appeal for intervention, allowed Sera to stay to hear request, accepted Sera's apology
    • Kept still while hiding from Ramsay's men
    • Allowed Lady Forrester to send for Asher
    • Opted for Diplomacy with the Boltons
    • Spoke up for my sister against Ramsay
    • Thanked Tyrion for his advice

Unmarked

• Allowed Duncan to make arrangements to obtain provisions from the smallfolk
    • Received Tyrion's offer favorably

Episode end-choices

• Stayed with Bowen
    • Swore loyalty to the King
    • Sent Erik to the Wall
    • Picked Duncan as Sentinel
    • Met Ramsay at the Gate
  • Who was that dead man you will find if you "Stay still" as Gared ?

Hbh128 posted: »

Here are mine. My choices have since changed, and the image no longer reflected that, but I lost the new print-screen copy when I copy-paste

• It's nobody we've seen before that point. If you're thinking it was Gregor, it's not. Gregor's hair isn't curly or well combed, and he has a thicker mustache and beard.

Mieor37 posted: »

Who was that dead man you will find if you "Stay still" as Gared ?

• Still waiting for them to update the game and actually allow me to see the choices in game.

• Finally!! I had the same choices as you and pretty much the same exact reasons. To add: #3, I thought cutting fingers off was too barbaric and unnecessary and would make me look bad. And #5, I wanted to show that I wasn't scared to stand up to Ramsay, and it allowed for me to just invite him and Whitehill in, which was totally working out until the entire rest of their crew somehow broke in.

Tinni posted: »

Saved Bowen. He's a dick, but it was the knightly thing to do. I felt it would have been cowardly to abandon Bowen, and even if I did, those

• K0t0K0t0 Banned
    edited December 2014

first playthrough:
    saved Bowen.
    loyalty to Margery.
    freed erik.
    royland
    gates.

• Is it fixed yet? or not because if so thats a pretty bad bug

Still waiting for them to update the game and actually allow me to see the choices in game.

• Nope still bugged. It's getting kind of annoying. Atleast when TFTB had this problem it was resolved in like 2.days.

Is it fixed yet? or not because if so thats a pretty bad bug

• These are the choices of my original playthrough.

I tried to warn Lord Forrester instead of saving Bowen. He seemed like a dick, and I probably shouldn't of abandoned him, but oh well. It doesn't seem to make much of a difference anyways.

I swore loyalty to Margaery. I know this targets House Forrester, and it was obviously more wise to swear loyalty the the King but I really dislike Cersei. She reminds my of a little brat. I didn't want Mira to appear weak.

I freed Erik. He seemed quite nice and I couldn't bring myself to sentence him to the wall or take his fingers.

I chose Duncan for Sentinal. Ser Royland appears to be quite violent, like when he was kicking Erik and I didn't want a kind of guy like that to be Ethan's sentinal.

I met Ramsey in the Great Hall. I tried to be as nice as possible to him.. that didn't work out at the end though.

• wait so you intentionally changed your choices?

wow, and this guy told ME i was missing the point, hahaha.

Here are mine. My choices have since changed, and the image no longer reflected that, but I lost the new print-screen copy when I copy-paste

• It's my game, I'll do what I want.

K0t0 posted: »

wait so you intentionally changed your choices? wow, and this guy told ME i was missing the point, hahaha.

• [removed]

It's my game, I'll do what I want.

• First choice i stayed with Bowen, I was too far gone in remembering the astrocities committed at the red wedding.

I swore my loyalty to Lady Margaery, not because I like her but out of neccessity for my house and because i did not want to help the lannisters who were the true masters behind the plan that killed the true king, The king in the north!

As for the third choice i took off Eriks fingers, I could not allow to show any weakness before the smallfolk and did what a true lord of the north has to, be honourable and give out justice according to the ancient laws and ofcourse i carried out the sentence myself.

I chose Ser Royland as my sentinel because he is a true northerner and trustworthy, not a little snake plotting in the dark like Duncan.

The last choice i made was to meet Ramsey at the gates, i was hard and bold in the face of his mockering and it did not end well but Ethan will be remembered, for the North always remember!

(I will be playing this story like a true stark bannerman and will not waver from that path, the Starks will always be the Kings in the north!)
    tho really i am a fan of the martells, but i just want to play this game in true RP style

• I decided to save Bowen because I felt like even though he's an ass the right thing and noble thing to do is save you colleague. Plus, I had a feeling down the line that Bowen would return the favor. I also thought that the Lord would appreciate my nobleness and braveness.

I swore my loyalty to the beautiful and true soon to be Queen Margaery because one I can't stand the brat king Joffrey or his manipulative mother, I wanted to show Cersei that I wasn't afraid of her or her son and I know that she had her hand in the demise of the Stark family during the Red Wedding.

Apparently Tyrion was very amused by my choice.

I chose Duncan as my sentinel because he seems to be more trustworthy and a better ally than Ser Dickland.

We met in the Great Hall which I was hoping to be the safer choice and I wanted to show Ramsey I wasn't afraid of him and that I could be a true lord by defying but also making right choices.

• edited January 2015
    1. Stayed with Bowen
    2. Swore loyalty to the King
    3. Sent Erik to the wall
    4. Picked Royland
    5. Met Ramsay in the Great Hall
  • how the hell would it be Gregor? he died at the red wedding.

It's nobody we've seen before that point. If you're thinking it was Gregor, it's not. Gregor's hair isn't curly or well combed, and he has a thicker mustache and beard.

• there's actually nothing wrong with replaying the game to make the "perfect" choices.

K0t0 posted: »

wait so you intentionally changed your choices? wow, and this guy told ME i was missing the point, hahaha.

• End-of-game choices

• Saved Bowen
    • Loyalty to the King
    • Sent Erik to The Wall
    • Picked Duncan as Sentinel
    • Met Ramsay in Great Hall

Telltale account choices

• Told only Duncan about the North Grove
    • Grabbed Talia
    • Did not volunteer to go to The Wall
    • Knelt before Cersei
    • Formed an alliance with Tyrion