Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• edited September 2015

I almost made the cleaver without the blood, a last minute idea and one of the better ones I think :D

Certainly! Without the blood, the drawing is already very good, but the blood really gives him this disturbing and dissonant vibe I am always trying to give him while writing.

when Alys was introduced I was facepalming to myself because I thought Alisa was way too similar to her, but since then and now as I draw them I'm rather enjoying the situation. And even if their backstory has similarities they are honestly still very different.

That was my fear as well at first. I had already planned Alisa's role in Alys' storyline when I noticed the similarities, up to their names sounding similar, but I have already been to deep into planning her role to put her into a different storyline. In the end, they have a few big differences in their backstories and especially in their personalities to make them both unique characters, who can still bond over their similarities as well. Their similarities have also been my main reason to make Alys' father a bannerman of Lord Karstark and that in turn had huge influence on the future role I have planned for AgentZ46's character Dante Karstark, so in the end it has been a very good thing that they have a few similarities.

Talking about Euron, the actor for him in the show has just been leaked, it's Pilou Asbæk :)

That announcement just made my day! I have never heard of him before, but I have full trust in the casting director that they have casted someone who is absolutely going to nail the role. While he looks a bit different from how I imagined Euron, he looks similar enough to Alfie Allen and Gemma Whelan to play a relative of them. It looks like Season 6 is going to be awesome :D

I almost made the cleaver without the blood, a last minute idea and one of the better ones I think Anyway, thanks, and nice to know you lik

• RIP Daario = Euron though.

I still want Victarion though.

I almost made the cleaver without the blood, a last minute idea and one of the better ones I think Certainly! Without the blood, th

• The Voting is closed!

Jenna will try to trick Septon Corbin

Maya will try to tell Harris a convincing lie

Both choices will have major consequences for the whole Raylansfair storyline. Especially Jenna's choice has just doomed a character to an early death. Perhaps, before some of you pop the bottles, let me add, the doomed person is not Jenna. Maya's choice on the other hand will majorly influence her storyline and the characters she's going to interact with.

My apologies for writing a bit slower than usual. University has started for me again and it has started to get slightly harder than last year. As a result, I have less time to write than before. Because of this, it might take me a bit longer than before to bring out new parts. The next part will be a Torvin/Lucas part and I am not even sure if I manage to finish it today.

• Don't apologize or worry, take your time as long is need to be, we'll wait.

The Voting is closed! Jenna will try to trick Septon Corbin Maya will try to tell Harris a convincing lie Both choices will have ma

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited September 2015

Both choices will have major consequences for the whole Raylansfair storyline.

Excellent. Maybe some bastards on my list can die.

Especially Jenna's choice has just doomed a character to an early death.

enter image description here

Perhaps, before some of you pop the bottles, let me add, the doomed person is not Jenna.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfiQYRn7fBg

Imagine I'm attempting to access Jenna's death scenes.

I imagine Harris will be the one who befalls a terrible fate. Which wouldn't be that bad. One more rung for Leonard to climb towards lordship, once we take care of a few more problems. Can you tell me if this was the destructive choice on that part we could have made? I'm curious to know.

I assume it will be someone in the Raylansfair storyline, but the way you put it also implies that the character was doomed to an early death means to me that they were going to die anyway and we just accelerated the fate that destiny holds for their poor pitiful soul.

Maya's choice on the other hand will majorly influence her storyline and the characters she's going to interact with.

I imagine one of the options leads to talking to Harris and the other Hobert.

And oh God a Lucas part.

The Voting is closed! Jenna will try to trick Septon Corbin Maya will try to tell Harris a convincing lie Both choices will have ma

• Torvin

Torvin forced himself to smirk at Kyra as he frantically searched for an answer. She had a good sense of humour, right? What could go wrong? His smirk turned into a big grin. “Oh, you know. Garthon is up to nothing special. Currently, he's buying poison to kill the king. You know, typical Garthon stuff. Just killing the king”, he answered and chuckled, soon noticing how stilted and fake it sounded.

Kyra's facial expression proved to him just how terrible his attempt at humouring her was. Perhaps for the first time since he met her, Kyra Greyjoy looked at him deadly serious. “Yeah, my brother is trying to do the same, although he has never been much of a poison person”, she said slowly, before her usual smirk returned. “In all seriousness, you think this is funny in any way?” She slightly rolled with her eyes and pressed her lips together. “Okay, admitted, it probably is. In the right company, that one might have been hilarious”, she added. “But... Torvin, are you out of your mind? Joking about killing the king, here in Harrenhal, especially after a day like this?”

This caused Torvin to raise his eyebrows as he gave her a questioning look. “Wait, what happened today?”, he asked. Kyra let out a sigh. “King Harren is in a terrible mood and, to be honest, I'm not exactly thrilled about it either. We got a special delivery from the Rock, a cart containing two hundred Ironborn heads. With greetings from Willfred Reyne”, she explained with a frown on her face.

Any attempt of a smirk vanished from Torvin's face. “Fuck...”, he mumbled. “That's... I can understand that the king is in a bad mood. And you...”, he said, but she cut him off. “I'm fine, Torvin Breaker. King Harren on the other hand... he is brooding and that is never a good thing. His vengeance on the Rock will be quick, painful and ten times worse than what this Reyne boy did”, she said with a visibly upset look on her face.

“You know... can we just change the topic? Back to your brother. You were about to tell me where he is”, she continued, looking at him sternly. Torvin gulped as he thought of what to say. Obviously, his attempt at a joke failed. Just telling her the full truth now was not an option either. She likely wouldn't even believe him.

“We had an argument, Garthon and me. He left the castle for a while”, Torvin explained, hoping that she would believe him. The look on her face told him that she didn't. Kyra let out a sigh, before slowly backing off. “Nevermind, Torvin”, she said with a disappointed tone in her voice. “I was going somewhere serious with my question, but fine, be that way”

She turned around and started to walk to the stairs. Torvin looked after her and closed his eyes. “Captain, wait!”, he called her. She turned around, slowly raising an eyebrow. “What is it?”, she asked. “What if...”, Torvin started to say, before he cut himself off. By the Drowned God, what was he doing? “What if it wasn't a joke?”

Kyra looked up, towards the King's Tower, slowly narrowing her eyes. “Then you should better keep it a secret in this castle”, she growled. “Luckily, it was a joke, right? A terrible one, but undeniably a joke” Her face was deadly serious as she said this and Torvin realized what she was doing. “Of course”, he answered and she slightly relaxed. “I'm glad we understand each other, Captain Breaker”, she slowly said, before turning around again. “Remember what I told you. Keep it a secret. The king has a bad sense of humour”

She didn't need to tell him. Torvin gave her a nod regardless and watched her walking down the stairs. He still had no idea what she would do now. Was she suspecting him to plot against the king? Something about Garthon's disappearance obviously stirred her interest. At worst, it was her brothers interest. He could only imagine how much worse it would be if he, a captain of the Iron Fleet, would have left the castle instead of Garthon.

As he walked down the stairs, he had to ask himself if he did the right decision with Kyra. He knew, her whole house wasn't known for its loyalty towards House Hoare. But she was Harrenhal's captain of the guard, her brother the Lord Captain of the Iron Fleet. So far, they had only benefited from Harren Hoare.

Kyra had already left the courtyard as Torvin finished walking down the stairs. He slightly shivered in the cold autumn night as he looked around, thinking about what he should do now. After a day like this, part of him just wanted to go to his chambers, perhaps take a hot bath.

A groan forced its way out of his throat. He remembered, Gabin wanted to talk to him in the great hall. Usually, Torvin would have just ignore him, would have headed to his chambers and called it an early night. But perhaps Gabin wanted to talk about their plan. He sighed and turned towards the great hall. This better had to be something important.

Torvin knew, the main door of the great hall was already closed at this time of the night and a single man wasn't able to open it. Instead, he had to go through a number of smaller hallways, intended to allow servants and lesser thralls entrance to the great hall. The hallways were narrow and low-ceilinged, forcing Torvin to lower his head until he stepped into the hall itself.

At this time, the great hall was uncomfortably dark and while a small fire was still burning in one of the fireplaces, it spent only a weak light, making the ceiling appear even larger and the walls even more distant to each other. Gabin was sitting near the fire, absent-mindedly looking into it and to Torvin's surprise, he saw Hjalgar sitting next to him.

It was Gabin who saw him first. The man raised his head and gave Torvin a tired nod. “Torvin”, he greeted him. “How was your meeting with the Lord Captain?” Torvin glanced at Hjalgar, who gave him a friendly smirk in return, before answering. “Not very good. The Iron Fleet is going to war. Greyjoy wants to take Lannisport and Casterly Rock”, he growled.

This caused Gabin to frown, as he slightly shook his head. “Fucking war. Each year, thousands of my people die because of it”, he mumbled. “This is your war. Ironborn war. Once the king is dead, we don't have to fear these kind of things anymore”

Alarmed, Torvin looked from him to Hjalgar, noticing that both men seemed to be relatively calm and relaxed, considering what Gabin just said. Gabin followed his stare and a tired smirk formed around his mouth. “It's alright, Torvin. Hjalgar knows everything”

“What do you mean?”, Torvin stuttered. “Gabin, what have you done?” The other man looked almost apologetically for a moment, before his gaze softened a bit. “After today, I trust him. Hjalgar is a good man and he suffered under the Hoares as well. He can be an ally”

Hjalgar gave him a quick nod, as if he wanted to prove how much of an ally he could be. Torvin on the other hand wasn’t convinced. Sure, it was unlikely that Hjalgar would run to the king to sell them out. Unlikely, but not unthinkable. And what kind of help could he be?

As if he had read his thoughts, Hjalgar slightly rose from his seat. “You have seen me during the hunt. I am a gifted archer. I have good eyes and despite my height, I am not very noticeable. Nd the way Gabin put it, you could really need every help you can get”

Torvin did not answer at first. He grabbed Gabin at the shoulders and dragged him away from the fireplace. “Can I talk to you for a moment?”, he growled, noticing the expression of surprised shock on Gabin’s face. “Torvin, I can understand if you are...”, he started to say, but Torvin cut him off. “Are you out of your mind?”, he yelled at him loudly and clenched his fists.

Gabin raised his arms, expecting a punch that never came. Instead, Torvin just stood there, boiling with anger. “It is as Hjalgar said, we need every help we can get”, he defended himself. “We need him” Torvin shook his head. “We don’t need him!”, he insisted. “Even if we can trust him, do you really want to drag him into this?”

“Excuse me!”, Hjalgar’s voice sounded. Torvin hadn’t even noticed that he had raised from his chair and walked closer towards them. Not very noticeable indeed, he had to give him that. “What is it?”, he growled and noticed the defiant look in Hjalgar’s eyes. “The way I see it, I am already dragged into this. Harmund Hoare nearly killed me. Harlan Hoare considers me a friend. After what happened today, wether I like it or not, I am already involved in this”

Torvin shifted his glare back to Gabin, who seemed almost apologetic. “Hjalgar is right. Even before I told him about our plan, he was already involved in this. And now... Torvin, we have to let him help. What do you want to do against it, do you want to kill him?”

This caused Hjalgar to make a jump back as a frightened expression flashed over his face. “Killing me?”, he exclaimed. “But... No! I have done nothing wrong! Torvin, I am on your side in this. Do you think I would betray you for these monsters? I have seen what Harlan Hoare is capable off!”

Torvin shook his head, remembering the dungeons. “No, you don’t, trust me”, he mumbled, as his glare hardened. “And you don’t want to be part of this. It is too dangerous for you. I won’t kill you, be assured. But if you want to help us, it is very likely that Harren Hoare will do it for me in time”

Now it was up to Hjalgar to glare at Torvin in anger. “So, you’re just sending me away? This is my decision, Torvin, not yours. Now that I’m acquainted with the king’s sons, killing him might be my only chance to live a peaceful life. I know the risks and I am willing to take them. Please, Torvin. Allow me to help you”

[Accept Hjalgar’s help] [Decline Hjalgar’s help]

Lucas

His hand was still thumping with agony as Lucas slowly opened his eyes. Darkness was greeting him. The Sphynx had stayed true to his promise and in a painfully slow session he had removed the fingernails on Lucas’ left hand. Lucas grimaced in pain as he tried to move the wounded limb. Of course, the Sphynx hadn’t cleaned his wounds, leaving them exposed to the open air. And soon, the pain made Lucas wish that he could just answer the Sphynx’ question. It was always the same. Where was Dairon? Every time the pliers moved to the next finger and the Sphynx’ interrupted his twisted nursery rhyme, he had asked this question. And every time, Lucas had refused to answer.

Even now, he wanted to do nothing more than to give in, to obey his torturers orders and to answer his questions. But he knew, Mullendore and the Sphynx wouldn’t allow him to go. They would kill him and then they would do the same to Dairon. And gods knew what they did to Leonard at the moment. No, he couldn’t tell them anything. Still, the thought of what the Sphynx would do to him next made him shiver.

He almost cringed as the creaking sound of the door was heard, as the dim light of a torch filled the room. Through narrowed eyes, he saw the slim silhouette of Conor entering the room, carrying a small bucket. The boy had a characteristically wolfish grin on his face as his eyes moved towards Lucas’ wounded hand. “Good morning”, he mockingly greeted him. Morning? How long had he been here already? A day? A week? Lucas’ sense of time was all but gone at the moment.

“They Shpynx has sent me, to bring you a reward”, Conor explained and caught Lucas’ surprised look. “You did nothing, Lucas. But Leonard, he was a good boy and answered some of our questions, as soon as the Sphynx started to remove a few unnecessary fingers. As a reward, you’re both going to get your wounds cleaned” He looked down onto Lucas’ wounded hand and once again, a smirk appeared on his face. “That sure has to hurt, huh?”, he grinned.

Lucas suppressed the urge to insult the boy, instead he only managed to nod, trying his best not to show the extent of his pain in front of him. Conor still seemed to realize in how much pain Lucas had to be, judging from his grin. He put the bucket onto the table and revealed a wet towel. “As I said, you’re being rewarded. Should you see Leonard again, you can thank him”, he explained and his grin turned into a smirk. “Although it is unlikely that you’ll ever see him again”

“What have you done to him?”, Lucas exclaimed, although his voice wasn’t more than a whisper. Conor shrugged. “Personally? Nothing. It was the Sphynx who did it. I just watched and learned and I was very, very entertained”, he revealed with a grin. Lucas let out a disgusted noise. To think that he had a teenage boy in front of him...“You’re sick”, Lucas hissed as an answer.

Conor shook his head. “This city is sick”, he insisted, although it sounded more as if he was just repeating empty phrases. Lucas looked up, hoping for a short moment that he could learn something about the boy, something he could use against him. “You don’t believe this?”, he asked.

“It’s not only this city”, Conor answered and Lucas let out a sigh. “It’s the world. All of their petty rules, their fake morality, it is disgusting. My brother, he taught me how to things really work” This sparked Lucas’ interest again. “Your brother?”, he asked.

Conor gave him a nod. “The Sphynx”, he explained. “Well, not this Sphynx. The Sphynx is not a name, you know. It’s a title. Our organization is rule by the Tom. I’m not even sure if he is the first Tom, but I know for sure that the current Sphynx is not the first Sphynx. My brother Lupin, he has been the Sphynx for a long time and he was the reason I even joined our group”

He moved down towards Lucas’ hand and touched the wounded fingers with the cold, wet towel. Lucas cringed in pain, but soon relaxed slightly as he realized that the pain started to get a bit more tolerable. “That’s nice, huh?”, Conor remarked. “You could have that the whole time instead of the pain the Sphynx will put you through. Why don’t you just give in?”

“You’re going to kill me”, Lucas mumbled weakly. “As soon as I have no more use for you, you’re going to kill me” Conor made no attempt of denying it. Instead, he only gave Lucas a nod as he continued to clean his wounds. “You’re going to die either way, Lucas. The only thing that matters is how much of you is going to be left when Maron kills you. If you give in, you can spare yourself a lot of pain”

“I can deal with the pain”, Lucas insisted defiantly, knowing fully well that he was lying. “But I can’t deal with the thought of what you’re going to do to Dairon once you have him” This caused Conor to let out an amused chuckle. “What do you think Maron is going to do to him? He is not a kinslayer!”, he exclaimed, momentarily squeezing Lucas’ wounded fingers. The pain was enough to make Lucas moan in pain.

“What is it, little piggy?”, Conor asked, his voice reeking with harted. “You got a boo-boo?” He started to squeeze the fingers a bit harder, causing nearly unbearable pain to burn through Lucas’ hand. “Tell me, where is Dairon?”, he growled, speaking a bit louder than before.

“Conor!”, a new voice sounded and both, Lucas and Conor cringed back as they recognized it. Through the open door walked the Sphynx. His face was hidden behind a black mask, as always, but the look in his dark eyes was full of anger. It was the first time that Lucas had heard the Sphynx raising his voice and the effect caused him to shiver.

“Sphynx... I... I was just...”, Conor stuttered. “I already started with the interrogation” The Sphynx did not answer at first. Instead, the lean man walked up towards the boy and raised his hand, which was enough for Conor to cower in obvious fear. “What have I told you about the interrogation?”, the masked man asked, now calm as always.

“I have to wait for you”, Conor repeated quickly and Lucas saw that he was full of fear, looking at the Sphynx’ raised hand with widely opened eyes. “Have you learned your lesson?”, the Sphynx asked with a threatening voice. Conor gave him a quick nod and the man lowered his hand again, causing Conor to let out a sigh of relief. “I forgive you, Conor...”, the Sphynx said with a soft voice, before quickly raising his hand again and striking the boy in the face.

“And now to you”, he continued towards Lucas, while Conor fell to the flor and held his cheek. The Sphynx gaze moved down towards Lucas fingers and as Lucas followed his gaze, he noticed that Conor had caused his already wounded fingertips to bleed. “Conor started rough with you already...”, the Sphynx mumbled and took the seat in front of Lucas. “I’m afraid today won’t be as entertaining as last time. I don’t want to kill you, not until Maron allows it. Aside from that, we already know each other and there is no real need to strengthen our friendship”

Despite the fact that the mask was concealing a majority of the face, Lucas was sure that the Sphynx started to grin. “You don’t just want to tell me what I want to know, right?”, he asked and Lucas shook his head. “Never”, he answered.

The hidden grin got even wider as the Sphynx chuckled. “Excellent. And here I was, fearing that it could be another boring afternoon” He moved his hand to his belt, pulling out a small knife. “The question will be the same as usual. Depending on your choices, we might be able to end today’s session a little early. It won’t be our last, as there might be some new questions for later”, he explained and with a sudden movement, he rammed the knife into the table, causing Lucas’ to cringe. “Very good, Ser Lucas. I see you are already in the right mood. Today, we’re going to finish our work from the last time”

His hands grabbed the knife, as he slowly pulled it out of the table again. “You know the deal, little piggy”, he chuckled as he hovered the edge of the knife above Lucas’ right hand. Even though the Sphynx hadn’t made a cut yet, Lucas already felt uncomfortable with the knife so close.

“You still don’t want to tell me?”, the Sphynx asked. Lucas narrowed his eyes and weakly shook his head. “You don’t want to let me go?”, he asked in return. The Sphynx let out a short, high-pitched laughter and shook his masked head. “I see, you still have a good sense of humour”, he grinned. “We’ll see how long this will last”

All of a sudden, even the hint of warmth vanished out of the Sphynx’ eyes as he grabbed Lucas’ left hand. “Why don’t we raise the stakes a little bit?”, he hissed. “Last time, I removed a nail each time you refused to answer... this time, I think I’m going to take the whole finger, like I did with Leonard”

As if he wanted to prove it, he grabbed Lucas left pinky finger and moved the edge of the knife close towards it, causing Lucas to start breathing heavily. Yes, he was afraid, he was very afraid. “I’m going to tell you how it works, Ser Lucas. First, I’m going to remove your pinky finger. If that is not enough to give me the answers I want, I’ll take both of your thumbs. Afterwards, perhaps your eyes, if you refuse to tell me where Dairon is hiding”

He caught the desperate look in Lucas’ eyes and slightly shook his head. “I’m not sure if you know what is at stake for you... answer me!”, he growled, albeit Lucas noticed something new, something unexpected and terrifying. He noticed the hint of anger in the Sphynx’ voice and he wasn’t sure if this was a good or a bad sign. His gaze fell upon his wounded hand and he shivered in the thought of the pain that would follow... at least if he wouldn’t sell Dairon out like a coward. He wasn’t a coward, right? And still, at this moment, Lucas Flowers was afraid.

[Reveal Dairon’s location] [Try to lie to him] [Stay silent]

Many apologies for me taking so long with the damn part. My PC does not work properly and I am forced to use my laptop at least until Tuesday, on top of the university stress. Because of this, I am not really satisfied with the part in general, but I hope you don’t mind.

• Excellent. Maybe some bastards on my list can die.

Wait... it's a whole list now? I know about Jenna and Rosalie, but who else is on it and why?

Can you tell me if this was the destructive choice on that part we could have made? I'm curious to know.

Of course, the destructive choice is very subjective here. I can't tell you too much right now without spoiling anything, but I can tell you after the next Jenna part.

I assume it will be someone in the Raylansfair storyline, but the way you put it also implies that the character was doomed to an early death means to me that they were going to die anyway and we just accelerated the fate that destiny holds for their poor pitiful soul.

However, I can reveal that the character who is soon going to die because of this choice would have died either way a few chapters later, although the way they are going to die will greatly differ now.

Both choices will have major consequences for the whole Raylansfair storyline. Excellent. Maybe some bastards on my list can die.

• [Decline Hjalgar’s help] I don't him near us cause he thinks he's entitled to help. Maybe he'll screw it up for us, that be great.

[Stay silent] Knowing Leonard is fine makes this part so less painful to read. If we didn't know what happened it would have been far worse. If our choices determine if Lucas can talk or not, we can just keep being quiet.

But I don't understand why they would clean his wounds if Leonard escaped?

Torvin Torvin forced himself to smirk at Kyra as he frantically searched for an answer. She had a good sense of humour, right? What could

• edited September 2015

But I don't understand why they would clean his wounds if Leonard escaped?

At this point of the torture, the Sphynx starts to mess with Lucas' head. Lucas is now pretty much convinced that whatever horrible torture they allegedly did to Leonard already got first results and that they are both rewarded because of this. The Sphynx hopes that Lucas will now be moved to answer for Leonard's sake, in the hopes to spare his friend additional torture. Of course, you know that Leonard escaped, but Lucas doesn't and now has to think that his refusal to answer might make Leonard's alleged situation even worse. Later parts will increase this psychological torture, since Mullendore and the Sphynx are resolved to break Lucas.

[Decline Hjalgar’s help] I don't him near us cause he thinks he's entitled to help. Maybe he'll screw it up for us, that be great. [Stay

• (Accept his help)

(Stay silent)

Torvin Torvin forced himself to smirk at Kyra as he frantically searched for an answer. She had a good sense of humour, right? What could

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited September 2015

Wait... it's a whole list now? I know about Jenna and Rosalie, but who else is on it and why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgflCE7zRpc

So you know why I hate Jenna and Rosalie I assume?

Anyway:

• Harris Flowers - he killed Lagoon, he's a general prick to me, he is 'acting lord' when Leonard should be (I don't care if he's castellan that doesn't make Arnolf Karstark a good person [I think he is going to be in Season 6 as well {long live Stannis}]). With Jenna alive assisting him I get even more pissed. Also he's a bastard who shouldn't be Castellan that bastard.
    • Maron Mullendore - see the final part of 'Butterfly'.
    • Harpy - God I hate Harpy. Her whole sadness thing can only be answered by me by this SpongeBob clip:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAlTOfl9F2w

• she's always like 'Jaron talk 2 mi alrady i wanna fuck u hrd boye' or 'butterfly muh revenge ahhh'. I'm so glad we're avoiding her.

• Alys Boleyn - she's so annoying and naïve. How dare she fuck with Harren. Speaking of fucking with Harren...
    • Torvin - you son of a bitch want to kill a king. That's enough to make me dislike you.
    • Lyria Mettel - I hate the smallfolk. Hope she dies next part. I enjoy Wolfius and she is stupid dumb blacksmith had to get involved.
    • Richard Harking - I liked him. Until he survived and saved Jenna. The way he 'died' was great, but you know he didn't DIE.
    • Philip Loren - More annoying smallfolk and Rosalie likes him if I remember so hell no.
    • Urid Strad - Damn smallfolk try to get help for God's sake.
    • Kersea Catelins - Stupid assassin could have let Jenna die. And she's annoying too.
    • Alysanne Waters - Psycho bitch.
    • Alan Harking - Sleazy Harking
    • Nora Recton - Her last name looks like 'Rectum' so there's that and she's annoying.
    • Noelle Mield - Can't wait to start burning little kids.
    • Ser Darren Tallwood - cause he joined Noelle and he also is ahead of Leonard
    • Lord Hobert of Mander's Mouth - This dick is trying to steal Leonard's position. I have two questions concerning him. With an odd name/title, was he a user submitted character? And his house isn't called House Mander's Mouth, right?

Most of the characters I hate are Raylansfair based so after I got the ones that weren't besides Harris cause he was an exception I basically just copied and pasted the Raylansfair characters and kept the characters I hated.

Excellent. Maybe some bastards on my list can die. Wait... it's a whole list now? I know about Jenna and Rosalie, but who else is on

• (Accept Hjalgars help) ( Stay silent)

• [Decline Hjalgar's help] Are half the people in Torvin's story arc completely stupid?

[Stay silent] oh please not the eyes! I'm thinking eventually the Sphinx will get frustrated and at that point Lucas may be able to provoke him or maybe even trick him.

• [Accept Hjalgar's help]

[Try to lie to him]

• [Accept Hjalgar’s help] 

[Stay silent]

• [Accept Hjalgar's help]

[Stay silent]

• **[Accept Hjalgar’s help] **

[Stay silent]

[Stay silent] Silence is a valid option ;)

• edited September 2015

Whoa... that is a seriously long list. Actually, your list is longer than Wolfius' list, although Wolfius doesn't really bother with names (for example, he knows Philip and Urid just as 'Harking's friends'). And it involves nearly every character who permanently resides in Raylansfair at the moment, safe for the city guard. I wonder, given that you want Leonard to become lord, who do you want him to rule over?

So you know why I hate Jenna and Rosalie I assume?

Not really, I just know that you hate them and I'm honestly still not getting the hate for Jenna.

Harris Flowers - he killed Lagoon, he's a general prick to me, he is 'acting lord' when Leonard should be (I don't care if he's castellan that doesn't make Arnolf Karstark a good person [I think he is going to be in Season 6 as well {long live Stannis}]). With Jenna alive assisting him I get even more pissed. Also he's a bastard who shouldn't be Castellan that bastard.

Fair enough. Certainly, Harris is sort of a prick. I wrote him as a morally very ambigous character and judging from the reactions of others, some even like him, but personally I would probably include him on my list too, just not on the top. The top definitely belongs to #2 on your list. And yes, a few casting calls for Season 6 hint at Arnolf Karstark. I wonder what his role will be, now that there is no Mannis around. Smalljon Umber and maybe Lord Manderly are apparently going to be in Season 6 as well.

Maron Mullendore - see the final part of 'Butterfly'.

Absolutely. That guy would be at the top of my list. Though I am surprised that you haven't included Jaylon, who severely wounded Leonard after all.

Harpy - God I hate Harpy. Her whole sadness thing can only be answered by me by this SpongeBob clip:

Actually, her situation is a bit more complex than that. By ignoring her, you missed your chance to learn something significantly important about her that would have changed your opinion about her, although I am not sure if it would have canged your opinion for the better or the worse. I guess you would have liked her more for it, but I doubt that many others would have shared this opinion. It would have changed Jaron's opinion about her for the worse for sure though. A little hint was dropped by Robb in the last chapter. The only thing I can give you now is, she is actually not even nearly as sad as she often appears to be. Actually, her main defining character trait is violent anger, as the fake Butterfly clearly felt, but she has a good reason not to show it very often. She's certainly one of the more enjoyable and complex characters to write for me specifically because of the things you don't know about her.

Alys Boleyn - she's so annoying and naïve. How dare she fuck with Harren. Speaking of fucking with Harren...

She's less naive, more a bit idealistic and definitely bratty. And well, Harren actually enjoyed her talking against him, that's something he does not hear very often. He threatened her, of course, but if he would hate her, he would have just acted instead of warning her. It would have been worse if she would have been just submissive, like his usual prey.

Torvin - you son of a bitch want to kill a king. That's enough to make me dislike you.

Considering that Harren would probably flay Leonard alive just for fun and for being a knight of the Reach, I wonder why you dislike Torvin for trying to kill him. It's not like Harren is a good king in any way, aside from the fact that he is strong enough to rule over the whole Riverlands.

Lyria Mettel - I hate the smallfolk. Hope she dies next part. I enjoy Wolfius and she is stupid dumb blacksmith had to get involved.

But, well... whom, do you want Leonard to rule over if you hate the smallfolk?

Richard Harking - I liked him. Until he survived and saved Jenna. The way he 'died' was great, but you know he didn't DIE.

I'm still surprised that people actually believed that I would kill a PoV character after a single chapter. I mean, come on, not even GRRM is that cruel. Well, there is Arys Oakheart of course, but he does not count.

Philip Loren - More annoying smallfolk and Rosalie likes him if I remember so hell no.

Being liked by Rosalie is a criteria to be on the list now? But... a lot of people are liked by Rosalie D:

Urid Strad - Damn smallfolk try to get help for God's sake.

If things would have went Urid's way, they would all just stay out of this. He's certainly the voice of reason in Richard's group.

Kersea Catelins - Stupid assassin could have let Jenna die. And she's annoying too.

Well, that one depended entirely on your choice. She could have caused the death of Jenna if you would have played your cards right.

Alysanne Waters - Psycho bitch.

Alan Harking - Sleazy Harking

I can't argue here, you are absolutely right.

Nora Recton - Her last name looks like 'Rectum' so there's that and she's annoying.

Where exactly has Nora been annoying? She has barely been featured in a larger role so far, aside from the part where she brutally rejected Marak's flirting. Wait... it's because she saved Richard and Jenna from Wolfius, right? Though, consider that she would be one of the few actually competent people in Raylansfair who are not ahead of Leonard when it comes to inheriting the lordship ;)

Noelle Mield - Can't wait to start burning little kids.

No one plans to burn little kids. Certainly no red priests, that thought is ridiculous. I mean, what kind of red priest would ever burn little kids? Though, actually you should like Noelle, because her own list includes a few names from your list as well.

Ser Darren Tallwood - cause he joined Noelle and he also is ahead of Leonard

Actually, Darren left Noelle's service already, after he arrived at Raylansfair. He just escorted her to Harris and that was it.

Lord Hobert of Mander's Mouth - This dick is trying to steal Leonard's position. I have two questions concerning him. With an odd name/title, was he a user submitted character? And his house isn't called House Mander's Mouth, right?

Yes, Hobert is a user-submitted character. His house isn't called House Mander's Mouth, although the person who submitted him gave me no name for his house. Perhaps I should ask in time. Hobert adresses himself as the lord of Mander's Mouth though, in the same way Ned Stark is the lord of Winterfell.

Wait... it's a whole list now? I know about Jenna and Rosalie, but who else is on it and why? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgflCE

[Try to lie to him]

• Not really, I just know that you hate them and I'm honestly still not getting the hate for Jenna.

Well she survived, which she shouldn't have. Then she let herself get manipulated and there's the whole deal with Lagoon which I blame her for. It's been so long since I've read that I have forgotten why, but I do. Rosalie is just annoying. But annoying is my common excuse.

Fair enough. Certainly, Harris is sort of a prick. I wrote him as a morally very ambigous character and judging from the reactions of others, some even like him, but personally I would probably include him on my list too, just not on the top. The top definitely belongs to #2 on your list. And yes, a few casting calls for Season 6 hint at Arnolf Karstark. I wonder what his role will be, now that there is no Mannis around. Smalljon Umber and maybe Lord Manderly are apparently going to be in Season 6 as well.

No Mannis? It's still alive don't listen to the lies. Martin even confirmed the Pink Letter was fake he's totally alive long live Stannis. With Smalljon, Greatjon might be trapped at Riverrun cause he wasn't at the Red Wedding (Cogman answered a tweet about that) and we might get the Siege of Riverrun cause I heard that Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is filming in Iceland which is used to depict the Riverlands.

I haven't read the books, but reading the book about Wyman Manderly already makes him a favorite of mine. I'm curious to see if we get them.

Absolutely. That guy would be at the top of my list. Though I am surprised that you haven't included Jaylon, who severely wounded Leonard after all.

• Jaylon - wounded Leonard and works for Mullendore that dick.

Actually, her situation is a bit more complex than that. By ignoring her, you missed your chance to learn something significantly important about her that would have changed your opinion about her, although I am not sure if it would have canged your opinion for the better or the worse. I guess you would have liked her more for it, but I doubt that many others would have shared this opinion. It would have changed Jaron's opinion about her for the worse for sure though. A little hint was dropped by Robb in the last chapter. The only thing I can give you now is, she is actually not even nearly as sad as she often appears to be. Actually, her main defining character trait is violent anger, as the fake Butterfly clearly felt, but she has a good reason not to show it very often. She's certainly one of the more enjoyable and complex characters to write for me specifically because of the things you don't know about her.

Fair enough. Still love ignoring her.

She's less naive, more a bit idealistic and definitely bratty. And well, Harren actually enjoyed her talking against him, that's something he does not hear very often. He threatened her, of course, but if he would hate her, he would have just acted instead of warning her. It would have been worse if she would have been just submissive, like his usual prey.

I'm not sure what made me start to dislike her. I think it might have been the whole hunting thing? I have lame excuses but I've forgotten them. Still love Harren.

Considering that Harren would probably flay Leonard alive just for fun and for being a knight of the Reach, I wonder why you dislike Torvin for trying to kill him. It's not like Harren is a good king in any way, aside from the fact that he is strong enough to rule over the whole Riverlands.

Flaying is Bolton stuff. It's alright, natural enemies. I like Ramsay despite trying to kill Stannis. I like Harren cause he's canon and Torvin attempting to kill him kind of disappoints me knowing he's not going to die by that, unless Torvin is in Harrenhal when Aegon comes.

But, well... whom, do you want Leonard to rule over if you hate the smallfolk?

A keep is all that matters my friend.

I'm still surprised that people actually believed that I would kill a PoV character after a single chapter. I mean, come on, not even GRRM is that cruel. Well, there is Arys Oakheart of course, but he does not count.

Fair enough.

Being liked by Rosalie is a criteria to be on the list now? But... a lot of people are liked by Rosalie D:

He's an exception cause she like likes him.

If things would have went Urid's way, they would all just stay out of this. He's certainly the voice of reason in Richard's group.

Yet we don't have his way. >:(

Well, that one depended entirely on your choice. She could have caused the death of Jenna if you would have played your cards right.

I vote for her to stay guard. But no. People didn't agree with that.

I can't argue here, you are absolutely right.

I do have some valid points.

Where exactly has Nora been annoying? She has barely been featured in a larger role so far, aside from the part where she brutally rejected Marak's flirting. Wait... it's because she saved Richard and Jenna from Wolfius, right? Though, consider that she would be one of the few actually competent people in Raylansfair who are not ahead of Leonard when it comes to inheriting the lordship ;)

I forget that she saved them so now she's even more hated by me.

No one plans to burn little kids. Certainly no red priests, that thought is ridiculous. I mean, what kind of red priest would ever burn little kids? Though, actually you should like Noelle, because her own list includes a few names from your list as well.

Don't you remember when she asked Marak if he had no problem killing a kid? Well, there's my reason. I hope she lives to kill the people then die.

Actually, Darren left Noelle's service already, after he arrived at Raylansfair. He just escorted her to Harris and that was it.

Hm. I suppose maybe we can strike this one of the list then.

Yes, Hobert is a user-submitted character. His house isn't called House Mander's Mouth, although the person who submitted him gave me no name for his house. Perhaps I should ask in time. Hobert adresses himself as the lord of Mander's Mouth though, in the same way Ned Stark is the lord of Winterfell.

Was his claim to Raylansfair the user's invention? Also let's give him a surname, cause I'm going to go insane if we keep calling him that. Why not be of House Bridges? They have no background except their sigil and stuff, plus if he's a lord of the Mander's Mouth maybe they have a bridge? Wait, Jarow is the Lord of Bridges? I'm confused. House Lowther has a dolphin as a sigil so maybe a house that controls the Mander's Mouth can see dolphins.

Whoa... that is a seriously long list. Actually, your list is longer than Wolfius' list, although Wolfius doesn't really bother with names (

[Stay silent]

Great part!

• [Decline Hjalgar’s help]This is men's work, go back and play dolls with all the other kids.

[Reveal Dairon’s location]If we don't Lucas is probably going to be maimed, plus I am sure Sam will be able to deal with a few of Butterfly's men along with the little help provided by the maesters.

[Stay silent]

• [Accept Hjalgar’s help] No idea if this is wise or not... I guess he could be useful.

[Try to lie to him] This is what I chose the last time too, I just think it's worth the shot. Could buy some time at least, but looks like silence is going to be chosen again - And Lucas will get more and more fucked up. :D

Anyway, great parts! :)

• [Accept Hjalgar's help] I'm not really sure about this choice, he seems way too anxious to join in. Possible betrayal later on in Torvin's story?

[[Stay silent] I have a plan with this, if we stay silent again, The Sphynx will become more brutal and then we can try lying to him, which will make him believe that his interrogation would have worked. Hopefully you all agree with me here.

• I doubt Lucas would be smart enough to lie to him, with Sphynx's mental torture.

[Accept Hjalgar's help] I'm not really sure about this choice, he seems way too anxious to join in. Possible betrayal later on in Torvin's s

• Lucas at the moment is convinced that something happened to Leonard, the more The Sphynx tortures him both mentally and physically, the more he thinks he will get a response out of Lucas. If Lucas somehow manages to lie to him, who knows, it may end well for him.

Bounden posted: »

I doubt Lucas would be smart enough to lie to him, with Sphynx's mental torture.

• It would take no less than an act of Rollmop to save Lucas from this hell he found himself in.

Lucas at the moment is convinced that something happened to Leonard, the more The Sphynx tortures him both mentally and physically, the more

• You dont have to apologize :D

[Decline Hjalgar’s help]

[Stay silent]

• edited September 2015

The Voting is closed!

Torvin will accept Hjalgar's help

Lucas will stay silent... oh shit, this is going to hurt

Once again, I have not been very active with writing. The main reason for this is that I had an important test at university yesterday and as a result barely had any time to keep up with the forum over the last few days. Luckily, I am pretty sure that I have passed this test, but it has been a lot of work regardless. For now, I have a bit more time, at least until university decides to be an ass again. Today, I have actually quite a lot of free time and might be able to start and finish the next part. Yes, sadly I haven't even had time to start writing so far. As a result, I am not even sure which PoV I will write about this time. Right now, Richard, Marak or Garthon are possible candidates, although I might decide to write about someone else entirely. Expect the part to be out either today or tomorrow at latest.

Aside from the fact that I had a lot to do with university, I also spent some time for other stories here in this forum. Recently, a new story started and I have spent a bit of time writing a character for it, which I hope to finish today. This story can certainly need a few more readers, so I'd like to give it a small shout-out here. It is named Middle and it is written by @FauDeef. The story itself is set in an original medieval fantasy world, so I figured that it could be interesting for you, my friends. If you are interested in joining, you can check the story out by following this link

• edited September 2015

I cannot thank you enough for the shout-out.

Do not worry if you take long periods to write since that, as we can see among your writings, the quality of any kind of art improves if it's not rushed. As many readers agreed with each other before, your writing is very impressive (even if your university decided to be an ass). I envy you and your skills. Now that I think about it, it is hard to find people that do not envy your works.

On a side note, knowing how much you dedicate with your projects, I have good feelings among the results of your test.

The Voting is closed! Torvin will accept Hjalgar's help Lucas will stay silent... oh shit, this is going to hurt Once again, I have

• Aye everything is cool ;)

The Voting is closed! Torvin will accept Hjalgar's help Lucas will stay silent... oh shit, this is going to hurt Once again, I have

• edited September 2015

Garthon

Garthon moved a hand to his scabbard, noticing that the knight in front of him was certainly ready to strike first and willing to let things escalate if Garthon wouldn't follow his orders. Fortunately, Garthon had little interest in provoking this man. With slow movements, he removed the scabbard from his belt, slowly handing it to the knight, who grabbed it impatiently.

“It's 'Rickard', isn't it?”, he asked, trying to lighten the mood. The knight answered with a frown. “Ser Rickard for you, Ironborn”, he growled and shot a glare at George. “If your new friend tries any tricks, George, your allegiance to Tully won't protect you”

George decidedly shook his head and reciprocated the knight's glare. “You don't trust him? Garthon has proven himself to be loyal”, he insisted. Rickard shook his head. “Boy, I am here for one thing only: To protect Lord Bracken, from any kind of danger. Bad enough that he has to be here with that Blackwood bastard. An Ironborn near him only puts him into more danger”, he answered.

Before George could say another word, Garthon quickly raised his hands, in an attempt to defuse the situation. “No tricks”, he promised, although he noticed that Ser Rickard looked less than convinced about this. “We'll see”, the knight growled and took a step aside. “After you, Ironborn. And keep your hands where I can see them”

Garthon gave him a reassuring nod, before stepping past the knight and into the small house. It was a bit larger than a common smallfolk house, but apparently abandoned for a long time now. The room he entered likely wasn't more than a small entrance room, not furnished at all, the walls and the wooden ground stained with mud. A wooden door lead deeper into the house. It was a perfect hideout for a group of Riverlords plotting to overthrow a king. Garthon knew, a man like Harren would never assume that someone would plot his downfall here.

“This is unacceptable, Blackwood!”, an angry voice hissed from behind a door. “I had a deal with Edmyn and I'm not willing to change the plan in the slightest” In response, something heavy hit on wood and Garthon stopped walking towards the door for a moment. “Seven Hells, Bracken! We got to be more careful here!”, a second voice shouted.

“More careful my ass! The tyrant bled us dry long enough. Keep in mind, I have the biggest risk here!”, the first voice countered. “I disagree, Tytos. It is apparent that I have the biggest risk here”, a third, calm voice answered. “If we fail, Seagard will burn first. I agree with Petyr, we have to be more careful”

“Well, then I agree with Tytos!”, a fourth voice growled. “Killing the tyrant and his wretched family has to be our main goal. My son is in that castle, for fucks sake!” “Brandon, when will you realize that no one in this bloody room cares for your son?”, the second voice answered and Garthon heard a surprised gasp coming from the fourth voice. He decided that this would be the moment for him to have a grand entrance, before things would escalate further. With quick movements, he stepped towards the door and opened it, slowly walking into the room behind.

“Mylords, mylords!”, he exclaimed, raising his hand in an attempt to calm the riverlords down. Five men sat around an old wooden table, the only piece of furniture in the whole room, looking at him, their facial expressions ranging from angry to pleased. At the table's corners sat two men who were eyeing each other with hostility. The one on the far left was about fifty years old, a tall, but overweight man with a few sad strains of grey hair remaining on his head. A long, unkempt beard fell down onto his chest, almost concealing sigil of House Blackwood, showing a white weirwood tree on a black field, surrounded by a flock of ravens on a red ground.

On the other side of the table sat a man who, according to the red stallion on his tabard, was without a doubt Tytos Bracken, the lord of Stone Hedge. Bracken was a few years older than Lord Blackwood, but thinner, more muscular, with full, brown hair and a harsh and unforgiving look in his blue eyes. Garthon knew, since the Age of Heroes a bitter feud has been between the Brackens and the Blackwoods. It spoke for both, Lord Tully's charisma and his desperation that he managed to get both of them to sit at the same table.

To Lord Bracken's right sat a man Garthon had briefly met on his last trip to Seagard. At the age of thirty, Lord Arrec Mallister was by far the youngest riverlord at the table, though in Garthon's opinion he was also the smartest. He had an unassuming, boyish face and short blonde hair, but keen brown eyes and a soft, calculating voice.

The man who opposed him at the table was his complete opposite. Garthon had never met him, but he needed no introduction. Brandon Frey, lord of the Crossing, was undoubtedly the tallest man in the room and probably also the strongest, a champion of countless tourneys and a hero of war. The gods he believed had a cruel sense of humour when they gave him a weak chin and a weasely face, unfittingly thin for his broad shoulders and only weakly covered by his short beard. The smallfolk called him Bloody Brandon, not only because of his bright red hair, but mainly because of his famed lust for violence. Whenever this man was grabbing a weapon, someone was about to die.

And at the head of the table, surrounded by these riverlords, sat Lord Edmyn Tully, the only one who seemed genuinely pleased to see Garthon. He even gave him a slight smile, which got only wider as George entered the room. “Mylords, this argument has ended. These men are George Rivers and...”, he started, before being cut off by Lord Bracken. “And a bloody Ironborn, yeah. No introductions needed”

Garthon wasn't surprised by the riverlords' hostility. Frey and Bracken had suffered personally under Harren Hoare. Blackwood had a famous hatred towards his people and Mallister was nothing more than a glorified castellan in his own castle thanks to Harren Hoare. Only Tully's apparent friendliness was a bit off-putting in Garthon's opinion.

“And Garthon Breaker”, Tully completed his sentence, sending a cold glare towards Bracken. “Please, come closer, show us what you bought in Maidenpool” He made an inviting hand gesture and Garthon started to walk towards the riverlords, feeling cold glares coming from almost all of them. Mallister was the only one aside from Tully who did not look at him with clear hatred, although the young lord still had a somewhat resentful look in his eyes.

Garthon put his hand to the small bag he was wearing on his belt and even though he couldn't see him, he heard Ser Rickard putting a hand on the hilt of his sword, clearly ready to strike at Lord Bracken's orders. The thought was frightening, given Bracken's hatred for the Ironborn. And a second thought was accompanying it. These people, who had more in common with him than his own, they would never accept him. No matter what he would do, the Riverlands were full with people like Bracken or Blackwood, who would hate him simply for not being born as one of them.

Slowly, he pulled the small crossbow out of the bag, putting it onto the table, so that the Riverlords got a good look on it. Arrec Mallister looked almost impressed for a moment and Petyr Blackwood's frown thankfully faded. Brandon Frey on the other hand looked displeased at the tiny weapon. “The hell is this?”, he growled. Instead of Garthon, Lord Tully opened his mouth to answer. “That, my friend, is a crossbow”

“Yeah, I can see that”, Frey growled. “The question is, how do you want to kill the king with a crossbow as tiny as that? He's wearing his black armour every time he goes out of his chambers. I bet he even pisses and sleeps and fucks in that thing” Garthon gave him a short nod. “He probably does”, he answered, to his own surprise. “That's why we acquired this particular weapon. May I?”

He moved the hand back towards the crossbow, noticing how Lord Frey narrowed his eyes. His other hand moved back into the bag, pulling out a small bolt. “This crossbow has the advantage that it does not loose a lot of strength, despite its small size. The downsides are...”, he explained and stopped as he quickly tried to put the bolt into the crossbow. “The downsides are the long reloading time and the fact that the weapon is less than reliable when used over long periods of time” A smile flashed across his face as he looked at Lord Tully. “And the fact that it is sinfully expensive of course”, he added, finishing to put the bold into the crossbow.

“Care for a demonstration, mylords?”, he asked, moving around to face Ser Rickard. The knight was looking from him to Lord Bracken, but surprisingly, he hadn't drawn his sword yet, apparently waiting for a signal from his lord. For a moment, Garthon and Rickard stared at each other, before the Ironborn raised the weapon, firing a bolt into the wall next to the knight. With a pleased smirk, he noticed that Rickard slightly shivered as he had fired the crossbow

Without saying another word, he put the crossbow back onto the table and started to walk towards the bolt. “From a distance of, say, five feet, this thing is deadly. As you can see, it pierced at least three inches through the wall. A man would be dead by now, if hit in the right places”

“True”, Lord Frey admitted. “But we're talking about a wooden wall here. I'd say your tiny weapon will hardly manage to penetrate real armour, Ironborn” Garthon gave him a nod. “But we only need to cause a minor wound to Harren to kill him”, he revealed and walked back towards the table, pulling out the small vial from his pocket. He presented the vial proudly, noticing the pleased look on Tully's face. Lord Mallister was the first to realize what he was looking at. “The Strangler...”, he mumbled.

Garthon gave him a nod. “The Strangler. A tiny wound, infested with even a drop of this and the king will die in pain”, he explained and noticed the smirk flashing across Mallister's face. He realized that despite his seeming harmlessness, the lord of Seagard was the most dangerous man in this room. While Tully and Bracken looked reluctant, Lord Blackwood and Lord Frey looked outright disgusted at the poison. Only Arrec Mallister had no apparent problem with poisoning the tyrant.

“No fucking way”, Lord Frey growled and Lord Blackwood viciously shook his head. “Edmyn, that is not right”, he mumbled, looking at Lord Tully. “I mean, the king has to die, but killing him like this is dishonourable!”

“Fitting for a Blackwood”, Tytos Bracken mumbled, earning himself an angry glare from Lord Blackwood. “And yet you seem less hesitant, Bracken”, he spat. Bracken gave him a tired nod. “Because assassinating a king is not honourable at all, no matter how we're doing it. We all knew this when we agreed to this little alliance”

Brandon Frey mumbled something, before raising from his chair, slamming a fist onto the table. “Mylords, this is not right. Poison is a woman's weapon, or that of an eunuch”, he growled and looked at Garthon. “Are you a eunuch, Ironborn, or are you a woman? No? Well, you're sure as hell acting like one” He looked back at Lord Tully. “Edmyn, we don't need this ridiculous crossbow or the cowards weapon. Your man Gabin can bring us close to the king. All I need is my axe and twenty good men”

“And what then, Brandon?”, Mallister asked with a mocking voice. “You slaughter the king and his sons and think you'll just walk out of the castle alive? At least with Edmyn's plan, the killers have a chance to escape” Frey shook his head. “Escaping is not my goal. I just want to make them pay for what they did. And I have to get my son out of there”, he explained and looked at Garthon, a lot of rage fading from his tired, blue eyes. “Tell me, Ironborn, and be honest. Have you seen my son? Is he okay?”

A sting of pity flashed through Garthon as he remembered Bloody Brandon's son. Adrew Frey, Harren's squire. When he first arrived at Harrenhal, two years ago, Adrew had been enthusiastic about serving the king, doing every task to perfection. But it was impossible to please Harren. Garthon remembered how, over the next months, the smile slowly faded from the boys face, something that had been painful to watch.

“We have to get him out of there”, Garthon mumbled as he remembered the day he had seen Adrew with a black eye from one of Harren's tantrums. Lord Frey gave him a sad nod. “See, Edmyn? Even the Ironborn agrees”, he mumbled. “We can't take any chances here. A small group of soldiers that massacres the king and all of his sons is a safe bet”

“As well as suicide”, Lord Blackwood interjected. “I trust in Edmyn's plan. He has lead us good so far” This caused Lord Bracken to shake his head. “Perhaps a combination of both. We go with Edmyn's plan to kill the king, but if that fails, we use Brandon and his men as a back-up plan”, he suggested.

Now it was up to Blackwood to shake his head. “Only a Bracken could be that stupid”, he growled. “We only have one try. We either do it subtly, or we just allow Brandon to charge into the kings chambers in the silly hope that his personal guards won't stop him”

“Perhaps there is a third way”, Lord Mallister mumbled, causing the attention to shift to him. “It is a relatively new thought and, of course, I have to work on a more detailed plan, but what happens after the king and his sons are dead? Do you think there will be peace, all of a sudden? We live in an occupied kingdom. We can't just cut off the snake's head”

“What are you suggesting?”, Tully mumbled and Garthon noticed that the lord of Riverrun had his eyes narrowed, looking displeased at Mallister's suggestion. “The king has to die, I think we all agreed to this”

Mallister gave him a nod. “We did, Edmyn. But what happens afterwards? After House Hoare is gone, the throne will go to the next powerful house. Perhaps there will be a civil war, but knowing the Ironborn and knowing us, mylords, we won't even manage to mobilize our troops until the next king sits on the Seastone Chair”, he explained. “And if we kill Harren, the next king will be without a doubt Damon Greyjoy”

“Vickon”, Blackwood mumbled. “Vickon is the older brother” Mallister gave him a nod. “Aye, but Vickon is recovering from his wounds and he is back at Pyke, while Damon is here, he is cunning and he is ruthless”, he answered calmly. “I say, instead of killing the king, we cripple his power first. We join forces and in a surprising attack, we burn down the Iron Fleet at Seagard”

“Leaving Stone Hedge and Raventree Hall vulnerable to the Iron Army in the process”, Lord Bracken snarled. “This plan is shit, but what can I expect from a Mallister?” For the first time, Garthon saw something that resembled irritation in Arrec Mallister's calm eyes. “Excuse me?”, he asked. “My plan is the only way we can free ourselves from the Ironborn. Isn't that what we all want? Harren is going to die on another day, but first we have to make sure that his successor won't destroy us all”

“Eh, don't be angry at him, boy”, Lord Blackwood proclaimed, to Garthon's surprise. The lord of Raventree Hall shot the lord of Stone Hedge a triumphant grin. “Bracken just has no problems with kneeling. It's all he's good for” He and Lord Bracken glared at each other with hatred in their eyes. “After all, if it weren't for his house, we would have never been conquered by the Ironborn...”, Blackwood growled slowly.

This sentence caused Bracken to jump up in fury. “Without my ancestors, we would still be ruled by the Storm Kings!”, he shouted. “Don't you dare questioning my loyalty, Blackwood! It was your ancestor who lost the resistance against the Ironborn!”

Lord Blackwood raised from his chair as well, his eyes narrowed. “Because you Brackens stabbed her in the back when she needed you the most!”, he spat, as both lord glared at each other. “Mylords, mylords!”, Lord Frey shouted even louder. “This leads to nothing! We have to stay united if we want to defeat the Ironborn!”

Out of the corner of his eyes, Garthon saw Arrec Mallister leaning backwards on his chair, a smug smirk on his face. Lord Tully on the other hand held his head in obvious displeasure, as he raised from the chair. He grabbed Frey by the shoulder, whispering something in his ear, before slowly stumbling towards the door. “Garthon, with me”, he commanded and his tone made it clear that Garthon should better follow this order.

Both men walked out of the house, leaving George, Ser Rickard and the arguing Riverlords behind. Tully was still holding his head in obvious pain and Garthon gave him a worried look. “Is everything alright, Lord Tully?”, he asked. The riverlord shook his head. “Headaches”, he revealed. “I have them occasionally and they get worse in situations like this. Look at them, Garthon. Riverlords... The sole reason why we can never form a united kingdom”

Garthon raised an eyebrow at this remark and shot a questioning look towards Tully. “Don't you think you're a little too hard on them?”, he asked. Tully shook his head. “Of course, our border situation isn't ideal, but our internal situation is even worse. Riverlords have always been first and foremost greedy, selfish and petty in their rivalries”, he explained.

He paused for a moment and let out a sigh, before he continued. “When Arlan Durrandon conquered the Riverlands, every lord fought for himself, refusing to aid their neighbours. One by one, the might of Storm's End crushed them. And when Harwyn Hardhand and his Ironborn launched their war against the Stormlanders, Agnes Blackwood lead a powerful resistance against both of them. In an attempt to crown himself King of the Trident, Lothar Bracken turned against her and brought her to Hardhand, who rewarded him by starving him to death”, Tully continued. “A Blackwood never marches with a Bracken, a Frey naturally despises the Pipers and Darrys. And somehow, everyone expects me to unite them”

“You don't want to?”, Garthon asked in surprise. Tired and trembling, Tully shook his head. “The Riverlands are strong, you know. Alone, we're nothing more than small streams. But united by a powerful leader, we can be so much more...”, he explained and let out a long sigh. “Right now, I am the only leader we have. I would prefer a better man in my position, but this is a childish hope”

Both men looked towards the horizon, where the hulking silhouette of Harrenhal was visible. “Why do you want to speak to me, Lord Tully?”, Garthon asked, without moving his eyes away from the castle. Tully looked at him sternly. “Bracken and Blackwood will do everything to harm each other. Mallister will never do anything he won't benefit from. And Frey... don't get me started about Bloody Brandon Frey”, he growled. “You on the other hand, you are a bit like me. You're not in this for your own gain, but for something else. For your family. And you are reasonable and intelligent”

He pointed back at the house. “Sadly, so are they, each on their own. Mallister is cunning, Frey an experienced commander. Their advice might be useful for our cause”, he explained and closed his eyes. “And I... well, I could need another advice, from the one man I know who has no selfish motive at all to help us. What do you think? Should I stick to the original plan? Or should I follow Lord Mallisters advice and target the Iron Fleet first, in the hopes that we manage to survive Harren's wrath until we get another opportunity to kill him? Or perhaps you want to put your trust in Lord Frey and his twenty good men, to kill the tyrant with brute force where subtlety might fail?”

[Advice him to stick witch the original plan] [Advice him to consider Mallisters plan] [Advice him to consider Freys plan]

Sorry again for the long wait, it shouldn't happen again! I hope you enjoy the part :)

• [Advice him to consider Freys plan]

Or perhaps you want to put your trust in Lord Frey and his twenty good men, to kill the tyrant with brute force where subtlety might fail?”

Lord Frey and his twenty good men, to kill the tyrant with brute force where subtlety might fail?”

Lord Frey and his twenty good men

twenty good men

Good enough for me.

Garthon Garthon moved a hand to his scabbard, noticing that the knight in front of him was certainly ready to strike first and willing to

• [Advice him to stick with the original plan] The other plans scream to Hareen that we will kill him, better be quiet about this.

Garthon Garthon moved a hand to his scabbard, noticing that the knight in front of him was certainly ready to strike first and willing to

• edited September 2015

[Advice him to consider Mallisters plan] We know how it actually ends, right? This looks like something that would be most cannon and safest because of that.

• [Advice him to consider Freys plan]

• (Stick to the original plan)

• [Advice him to consider Mallisters plan] He might have selfish motives for this plan, but he also made a good point.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.