Did you kiss the ring?

Comments

• I may need to replay it, but first: did you end up chopping off the thief's hand/fingers/whatever it was? My Ethan showed mercy.

He creeps me out. Something just seemed off about him in the scene after you deal with the thief at Ironrath in episode one.

• I sent him to the wall I thought about going back to do it again but I am to lazy.

steenug posted: »

I may need to replay it, but first: did you end up chopping off the thief's hand/fingers/whatever it was? My Ethan showed mercy.

• He probably would have if it was Sansa's, Arya's or anybody else's sake. Ned may be honorable and he wouldnt have kissed the ring but when it comes to his family, he would have done it.

wetzlar posted: »

No way. Ned Stark would not have kissed the ring.. Then again he is dead..

• What I am saying is, if you show that you are willing to do anything for your brother, then Whitehill will use that to control you. If you showed that other things matter, your brother wouldnt be used.

steenug posted: »

Wait, I'm a little thrown off. It seemed as if you were explaining why kissing the ring gave Whitehill power, and therefore why people wo

• Refused to kiss Lord BigMac's ring. If the Lord of House Forrester bends the knee to a Whitehill, then the rest of the House will lose faith in their leader. The House can't afford to lose more than they already have. Ryon's feelings pale in comparison to the needs of the House, unfortunate though that may be. Securing Elaena's betrothel and showing people that the Forresters aren't beaten yet is what is most important right now.

• No. My entire family is dependent on securing Elana and her troops. I couldn't afford to look weak infront of my future wife. Rodrick is pretty much blank whipped at this point.

• Fuck no kissing a ring in GOT may as well be sucking his dick. With Elana and Rodrik's mother about I couldn't risk that and he was probably lying about the young one and just used this as a set up

• Yup. I was kinda hoping for an option to bite his finger off but I was disappointed.

• edited February 2015

Balon was Robert's vassal however. His kneeling makes sense, because Robert was his king. (albeit one he had just rebelled against)

Lord Whitehill however has no authority over Rodrik. You're not his vassal and he has no right to order you to kneel to him. If it were Roose Bolton visiting Ironrath I'd have had Rodrik kiss the ring, because he does owe him fealty as Warden of the North. Of course I'd have also have Rodrik plotting against Roose (the North never forgets), but publicly he'd have to keep up appearances.

Lord Whitehill? Rodrik is well within his rights to tell him to bugger off.

Ethan didn't die from bending his knee. Instead many in this universe (including Balon) have survived by doing so.

• I did it for Ryon and i felt bad but he is a poor young child

• edited February 2015

Nope. The guy only turned up to gloat at being untouchable while the Forresters are falling apart. Can't wait for his fortune to reverse.

Thinking about it, I wonder if it'll be a twisted fate for him and he's betrayed by the Boltons like the Forresters were. Would be a pretty fun dynamic to the plot.

• Well in Rodrik's case I kissed the ring because I thought Ryon deserved to see his family. However in my last comment I was talking about Ethan.

Scaeva posted: »

Balon was Robert's vassal however. His kneeling makes sense, because Robert was his king. (albeit one he had just rebelled against) Lord

• Kneeling isn't just about being someone's vassal but it's an act of surrender.what Balon says is that when you are not in a position to stand your ground you have to give up and wait for an opportunity to get back at them.
    Refusing to kneel with Rodrik doesn't give you anything but lord Whitehill's anger.I think Rodrik should just try not to provoke lord Whitehill until he has the power to declare open war.

Scaeva posted: »

Balon was Robert's vassal however. His kneeling makes sense, because Robert was his king. (albeit one he had just rebelled against) Lord

• Oh hell no! I'm definitely not kissing any rings my first day on the job. Wish Ryon could've made it to the funeral but he'll be alright.

• I kissed the ring only for the sake of keeping tensions low. Best not to start shit while out numbered it doesn't seem smart. When the time comes Ill go for the attack. Maybe at the wedding night if possible. A reverse red wedding would be sick.

• I didn't kneel for cersai, didn't kneel for ramsey and didn't kneel for whitehill.

• No I hate Ludd and I wasnt going to humiliate Eleana.
    "I am going to kill that man."

• I did kiss it. For Ryon...Im not really sure it was worth it but i got to talk to Ryon

• No I did not sir. I did not and will not put my lips on any part of him. It's bad enough that it's glorified ass kissing, but he behaved in a way that made it crass and obvious. "Let's see if I can get my enemy to kiss my ass and call it ice cream--he did! can any of you believe that?" That's where I draw the line. I'd do it to keep Ryon out of harm's way, but his safety wasn't in question. I was grateful to Gwyn for coming, so that she could speak to Ryon for me. Shame that she'll soon feel the stinging loss of her own father.

• You rebel!! :)

I didn't kneel for cersai, didn't kneel for ramsey and didn't kneel for whitehill.

• edited February 2015

She must know it will happen right? Even if they wipe out the Forresters, they'll make sure they take him with them one way or another.

Hbh128 posted: »

No I did not sir. I did not and will not put my lips on any part of him. It's bad enough that it's glorified ass kissing, but he behaved in

• edited February 2015

Exactly.

Yes, he's dead, but actually for that very reason. When it came down to it, his honor meant little, as he sacrificed it and deemed himself a traitor to save his loved ones and was going to take the black. Head's on a stake now, maybe he should've realized he was doomed from the start, but yeah.

Rodrik, for me, is Ned-lite. Not as old and experienced, but still with enough scars to solidify himself as a man of strength and bravery. And, yet, his younger brother is dead, and his youngest is facing cruel circumstances. It didn't strike me as OOC at all that he'd sacrifice his pride temporarily, knowing that he's going to right everything.

He needs time to gather his army. Isn't that what the whole marriage proposal was about? The Forrester's are struggling, and unable to start a fight with anyone. They're on their way to rebuilding that strength, but it, unfortunately, takes time.

almonte05 posted: »

He probably would have if it was Sansa's, Arya's or anybody else's sake. Ned may be honorable and he wouldnt have kissed the ring but when it comes to his family, he would have done it.

• I get it. Totally valid point. Thanks for explaining!

Hrulj posted: »

What I am saying is, if you show that you are willing to do anything for your brother, then Whitehill will use that to control you. If you showed that other things matter, your brother wouldnt be used.

• Even if she doesn't, I'm not about to tell her.

Revec posted: »

She must know it will happen right? Even if they wipe out the Forresters, they'll make sure they take him with them one way or another.

• I totally get it. Choosing your battles wisely.

Lee4ever posted: »

I kissed the ring only for the sake of keeping tensions low. Best not to start shit while out numbered it doesn't seem smart. When the time comes Ill go for the attack. Maybe at the wedding night if possible. A reverse red wedding would be sick.

• Agreed. It seems like a bad strategic move to be so blatant. No one has any illusions that the Forrester's like the Whitehills, but that doesn't mean they should stoke the fire until they're ready to put it out.

yyyggg posted: »

Kneeling isn't just about being someone's vassal but it's an act of surrender.what Balon says is that when you are not in a position to stan

• You can rewind the play though if you go to the main menu, click on play and then choose the rewind option.

I, unfortunately, made the idiotic decision of kissing that fat fuck's ring, Lady Forrester wanted me to and it would get Ryan to come to the funeral. However, after it happened, I wish I didn't.

• You and me both, in fact I'm guessing most people did.

That's why I said, "I'm going to kill that man."

• HAHAH Lord Asshill - with a capital A.....why do I get the feeling this is going to stick.

Katalept posted: »

Yes, but it was to have Ryon at the funeral, which Elaena understood, even if she was disappointed that I didn't stand up to Lord Asshill. Also, Elaena is flippin' beautiful. Good work, TTG.

• I know, but while I hate the decision I made, it is what I chose to do and I hate going back and changing stuff like that. Just because you CAN, doesn't mean you SHOULD. I prefer to keep my original choices throughout the whole game, even if it's something I regret.

You can rewind the play though if you go to the main menu, click on play and then choose the rewind option.

• I really hated doing so, but yes, kissed the ring (followed by the AWESOME line, "I am going to kill that man.").

My partner and I make decisions together for GoT and we thought: A). It was important to get Ryon to attend the funeral of his father & brother for the closure & family ritual - and how powerful and stirring was the speech and song (hope plus family unity in such a dark time!). And B). Ryon & Rodrik needed to physical see each other to know each was truly alive and also so Rodrik (being such a strong Forrester) could hug Ryon and tell him he was going to get him back no matter what! Give Ryon light & hope / Rodrik further unwavering motivation.

So, a show of weakness perhaps, but more a compromise whilst playing the long game. Soon 'I' will look Whitehill in the eyes as I slide then twist my sword through his fat, blotted belly...

• The silence option is pretty badass

That's why I said, "I'm going to kill that man."

• Nope. Rodrik wasn't just representing himself there, but his entire house. That kind of abject humiliation in front of a rival house would hardly be likely to stay confined to that room, and the more people learned of it the more potential allies (including my own intended, right there in the room) would conclude that House Forrester was as good as finished and they should keep a wide berth.

• YES. He's so adorable. Best Lord in the world. I'd give him all the trees Forresters have.

Too bad there was no option of kissing his pink, gorgeous butt cheeks. My Rodrik would kiss them hard.

• Alt text

Omid's cat posted: »

YES. He's so adorable. Best Lord in the world. I'd give him all the trees Forresters have. Too bad there was no option of kissing his pink, gorgeous butt cheeks. My Rodrik would kiss them hard.

• Alt text

Omid's cat posted: »

YES. He's so adorable. Best Lord in the world. I'd give him all the trees Forresters have. Too bad there was no option of kissing his pink, gorgeous butt cheeks. My Rodrik would kiss them hard.

• DAMN RIGHT !

DoubleJump posted: »

Hell no. We'll just throw another funeral to help Ryon, there problem solved.

• I play it that way myself. I don't redo my choices. I failed to convince Elaena to marry me, so there was no way I was kissing the ring too. I want to see what difference it makes whether you convinced her at that point or not.

I know, but while I hate the decision I made, it is what I chose to do and I hate going back and changing stuff like that. Just because you

• I did not. I felt like it was more than simple pride- this man had waltzed in beside Ramsey before Ramsey stabbed Ethan in the throat. He later slandered the same brother and has also cursed and railed about the members of this house, declared that he wishes he could have killed my character's father... This is more withstanding an evil person than holding close your pride. All anyone has been telling my character to do is be strong. I granted that wish. However, I am tempted to replay because I am worried the choice will set Ryon into a down spiral of resenting his own family, being brainwashed by Whitehill, ugh.... Maybe the funeral would have further instilled in him how much his family stands by him, cares about him, ect... if the choice was not time constricted, I may have chosen differently. If the choice has no far reaching effects, stick it to him all the way. If we are bargaining with Ryon's character in its fundamental entirety... I would just kiss the pig's ring.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.