Did you kiss the ring?

Comments

• Nope, it wouldn't have fit my Rodrik. I have Rodrik as a man of Iron, who is strong and confident, even when he is broken from a horse falling on him. To show weakness and allow Whitehill to dominate him? Not happening. Also the reason I starved his soldiers (This is my Ironrath, get out!) and ordered them out of my way. I am the Lord of Ironrath, and I will be obeyed.

• I'll be sure to kiss his ring once the hand that wears its has been severed from his body. I'm turning that fat f**k into White Walker chum!

• Happens either way, and not kissing it results in Ryon not being there and believing his family have abandoned him. I rewound my playthrough from part 5 after I a) Failed to convince whatsername to marry Rodrik and b) Refused to kiss the ring. I made all the same decisions otherwise, it was a proud moment

Ryon will show up, at least that happens, but it made me look weak. And I'm not sure if this happens regardless, but Whitehill takes the other half of our Ironwood, defying Ramsay Bolton, and basically insults Rodrik.

• No.

I thought Rodrik had to behave like a lord and not show weakness. Also he had just sealed a betrothal with Elaena, so I thought alliance might be jeopardized if he was seen grovelling to Lord Whitehill.

• edited February 2015

I didn't. I felt bad about Ryon, but at the same time there was no way I was gonna kiss that fat fucker's ring, he's such an asshole. Anyone else pick the "I'm gonna kill that man." option at the end of that scene? I did.

• Hell no, i gonna kill all whithehill like lady forrester ask me and Ryon must be strong no a pussy

• I absolutely did it. Strong leaders may bow, but they never break. In this case, giving Ryon the chance to say farewell to his father and beloved brother is way, way, WAY more important than my pride. I actually lost some beloved family members myself, so I was thinking how I would feel if I would be denied the opportunity to honor their memory at a funeral because of some petty politics. So to my version of Rodrik, making sure Ryon was able to attend the funeral was the single most important decision in the entire episode.

• No way was I kissing the ring my pride is to great and I think something is wrong with Ryon. He gives me a he will be a future Ramsay Snow feeling.

• Small price to pay for seeing Ryon again I feel. I swallowed my pride and kissed that bitches ring, gave it some tongue too

• Valid point.

Regardless of what he believes, though, it won't matter in the end when my sword is through his gut and he's bleeding out.

Hrulj posted: »

By kissing the ring you tell Whitehill that he can control you and get you to do anything he wants you, just by threatening the brother.

• I also replayed and kissed the ring. I thought it might be more beneficial to let Ryon know that his family was still fighting for him as opposed to him turning them completely. I was also able to persuade Elaena to go forward with the marriage. She wasn't happy about me submitting to Whitehill, but I told her it was for Ryon, and that seemed to appease her. This episode got me though, that ending...

Happens either way, and not kissing it results in Ryon not being there and believing his family have abandoned him. I rewound my playthrough

• I wasn't crying, I just had something in my eye, I swear!

mackibennie posted: »

I also replayed and kissed the ring. I thought it might be more beneficial to let Ryon know that his family was still fighting for him as op

• Nope, i can be nice and diplomatic, but i won't be bullied.

• I wanted to call my mom and tell her I love her, I'll admit it!

I wasn't crying, I just had something in my eye, I swear!

• Really? What will you do when you march on his castle with the army and he takes out your brother with knife under his throat? Because I guarantee he will do that

steenug posted: »

Valid point. Regardless of what he believes, though, it won't matter in the end when my sword is through his gut and he's bleeding out.

• edited February 2015

I didn't do it. I'm not really sure if it was the right decision to be honest, but I didn't want to show weakness, especially since I had just convinced Rodrik's soon to be wife (I can't remember her name) to honor her engagement, and earned the backing of her family. I just didn't want to take the risk of somehow ridiculously losing that I guess..

• I wouldn't even kiss it if my fathers life was on the line fuck no. I have to much pride i guess.

• No, I couldn't stand that Whitehill scum. I also thought he wouldn't let Ryon come whether I kissed the ring or not. He's that kind of guy

• I felt it would mess up the betrothal, and I didn't want to me that up after having Mira write the letter.

• edited March 2015

Fuck no I didn't kiss the ring. Are you kidding me? >:[ To hell with that fat fuck. It's bad enough that Rodrik is crippled. I wasn't going to give him any satisfaction. Elaena seemed proud of me that I wasn't going to allow Ludd to humiliate me, but Lady Forrester wasn't happy that I "put my pride ahead of family". I do feel bad for Ryon, but I'm confident that I'll get Ryon back one way or another.

• I couldn't bring myself to get on my knees in front of that man. I am trying to portray Rodrik as strong-willed and unbending.

• I kissed the ring because as Balon Greyjoy once said:"No man has ever died from bending his knee. He who kneels may rise again, blade in hand. He who does not kneel stays dead, stiff legs and all"

• There was absolutely no way in hell I was ever going to kneel to Lord Fatfuck. I stood my ground as the Lord of Ironrath. My body may be damaged, but my spirit is as strong as ever.

• I disagree.

I chose to weight the strength of my house (and showing strength in Elaena's presence) over Ryan's feelings. I didn't kiss the ring because without Elaena I don't have an army to get my god damn ironwood back.

At t he funeral, at the end, you can tell that Whitehill lady to let Ryon know you are still thinking about him. So all is good.

mackibennie posted: »

I also replayed and kissed the ring. I thought it might be more beneficial to let Ryon know that his family was still fighting for him as op

• Gywn Whitehill shows up and you can tell her to tell Ryon that everything is okay and you are thinking of him. So it's not a big loss.

XtremeOne1 posted: »

Yes, I kissed ring but does he show up if you don't?

• I made the same mistake while talking to him with with Ethan in the first episode. I wasn't going to trust him again.

Hell no. Felt bad about Ryon, but I'm not giving that arsehole anything. Doubt he'd honour any 'loyalty' I show him anyway.

• You already appeared weak holding a crutch with a blown up face.

All you did was appear weaker still, but this time in open court.

• edited February 2015

Now that I know all of that I think I played it correctly.

I forged the letter, got Elaina to marry me, didn't kiss the ring and promised Tyrion all of the Ironwood.

Which means I will have an Army soon to remove the soldiers from my land and take back my wood.

But this is GoT.. so that plan could go up in flames real quick.

ayy-lmao posted: »

I kinda screwed up playing Ethan, went for the whole diplomacy route, really made the house look weak, I just didn't expect everyone to be a

• Yeah that pisses me off as well.

BipedalP posted: »

Not a chance. I didn't give an inch as Ethan (to Whitehill, at the very least.) and I refused to give an inch as Rodrik. I was pissed at the mother, though. It's like she can't help but undermine the authority of her sons.

• Hell no. We'll just throw another funeral to help Ryon, there problem solved.

• If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying much attention

Fuck no I didn't kiss the ring. Are you kidding me? >:[ To hell with that fat fuck. It's bad enough that Rodrik is crippled. I wasn't goi

• edited February 2015

Wait, I'm a little thrown off.

It seemed as if you were explaining why kissing the ring gave Whitehill power, and therefore why people would not do that, in response to me explaining why I did do it (to protect his brother) and then you responded basically with the same thing I initially said (in terms of oh, hey, your brothers life is at stake...)

I'm just wanting clarification, I guess. It seemed like you were making a (valid) point against me initially, but then ended up making the same point as me in your last response. Which was your choice?

Hrulj posted: »

Really? What will you do when you march on his castle with the army and he takes out your brother with knife under his throat? Because I guarantee he will do that

• I thought that, too, but my Rodrik cares more about the safety of his brother and strategy over pride. And when Elaena made a emasculating comment about how I groveled, I implored her to realize I was simply doing so for the safety of my blood. She actually admitted she would've done the same thing in my position (while at the same time still acting as if I was less of a man because of it...)

Scaeva posted: »

No. I thought Rodrik had to behave like a lord and not show weakness. Also he had just sealed a betrothal with Elaena, so I thought alliance might be jeopardized if he was seen grovelling to Lord Whitehill.

• How is that?

No way was I kissing the ring my pride is to great and I think something is wrong with Ryon. He gives me a he will be a future Ramsay Snow feeling.

• Truth.

yyyggg posted: »

I kissed the ring because as Balon Greyjoy once said:"No man has ever died from bending his knee. He who kneels may rise again, blade in hand. He who does not kneel stays dead, stiff legs and all"

• Me alive, no Lord Forrester will ever bend the knee before a Whitehill or a Bolton. (RIP Ethan, at least you died with unscathed honour)

I had no regrets about Ryon. The honour of House Forrester is more important than a child's little feelings.

• That was my philosophy while playing as Ethan. As Rodrick I guess I was tired of getting treated like shite either way.

I kissed the ring because as Balon Greyjoy once said:"No man has ever died from bending his knee. He who kneels may rise again, blade in hand. He who does not kneel stays dead, stiff legs and all"

• edited February 2015

I'm sure that must have worked well for your Ethan.

• Ethan didn't die from bending his knee. Instead many in this universe (including Balon) have survived by doing so.

I'm sure that must have worked well for your Ethan.

• edited February 2015

He creeps me out. Something just seemed off about him in the scene after you deal with the thief at Ironrath in episode one.

steenug posted: »

How is that?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.