Did you kiss the ring?

I refused to kiss the ring, especially in front of m'lady.

Comments

• I, unfortunately, made the idiotic decision of kissing that fat fuck's ring, Lady Forrester wanted me to and it would get Ryan to come to the funeral. However, after it happened, I wish I didn't.

• What happened if you did?

I, unfortunately, made the idiotic decision of kissing that fat fuck's ring, Lady Forrester wanted me to and it would get Ryan to come to the funeral. However, after it happened, I wish I didn't.

• He will if you kiss the ring.

XtremeOne1 posted: »

Well did Ryan show up at the funeral? I mostly did it for his sake....I regretted it and when Elaena called Rodrik out on it, I had him say as much and she understood. But yeah...I think for Ryan's sake, pride is supposed to out the window.

• Ryon will show up, at least that happens, but it made me look weak. And I'm not sure if this happens regardless, but Whitehill takes the other half of our Ironwood, defying Ramsay Bolton, and basically insults Rodrik.

What happened if you did?

• Well did Ryan show up at the funeral? I mostly did it for his sake....I regretted it and when Elaena called Rodrik out on it, I had him say as much and she understood. But yeah...I think for Ryan's sake, pride is supposed to out the window.

• No, he won't show up. Instead you get Gywn Whitehill? and she tells you about the condition of Ryon.

Yes, I kissed ring but does he show up if you don't?

• I kissed it cuz Im a pussy

• Yes, I kissed ring but does he show up if you don't?

• Yep. I did it for Ryon. He deserved to be at the funeral. Even if I had to suck up my pride. Next time though, I'm not taking any shit.

• Interesting...I kind of want to met Gywn...but I also feel like it's "the right thing to do" with your mother, Ryan and Talia's sake.

No, he won't show up. Instead you get Gywn Whitehill? and she tells you about the condition of Ryon.

• He takes the Ironwood no matter what. Asshole deserves whatever poison Joffrey drank.

Ryon will show up, at least that happens, but it made me look weak. And I'm not sure if this happens regardless, but Whitehill takes the other half of our Ironwood, defying Ramsay Bolton, and basically insults Rodrik.

• Hell no.

Felt bad about Ryon, but I'm not giving that arsehole anything. Doubt he'd honour any 'loyalty' I show him anyway.

• I did it for the sake of Ryon.

• That's why I said, "I'm going to kill that man."

• Hell no. F**k the Whitehills.

• Nope, f**k that fat pig

• No way. Maimed cripple kissing the ring in front of his mother, trusted advisor, villain soldiers, and betrothed? This type of behavior really belongs to 'Rodrik the Ruined'. It's not about pride as Elissa said, but about dignity and well-being of the House. Poor little Ryon, but I can't see other possible choice in this situation.

• I did. I was scared for Ryon, he deserved to be there.

I'll gladly kiss him with a sword next time, though.

• :c

Poogers555 posted: »

I kissed it cuz Im a pussy

• Sometimes you have to make sacrifices the few to save the many. I didn't kiss his ring. If he plans in using Ryon as a hostage, I will gladly let him kill him if this means i will burn his whole house to the ground

• I kissed the ring (though it made me feel all icky doing it).

My thought process behind it though:

• Placate now (and provide Mama Forrester with a little ray of sunshine)
    • Stab later

Lord Whitehill will get his, eventually. There's no point making things more difficult than they need to be in the mean time, however. Especially when the House is in such a vulnerable state at the moment.

Still, it did kind of feel like I was one breath away from getting a ball gag put on me... Maybe that's next episode?!

• edited February 2015

Didn't kiss it. Talia told me earlier that I had to look strong, so I did, and I was scared he would do something but luckily nothing too dangerous. Also Elaena(Not sure about the spelling) was there and refusing seemed to make her happy. c: I feel a bit bad for Ryon but Gwyn came and I told her to watch over him so he'll be alright hopefully.

• That where my thougths exactly.
    to be strong, one must be willing to appear weak sometimes, for the sake of the greater good. And the more time i can buy for asher to return, the better. Till then, hide and "obey"(plot).
    Winter is coming.

rcarass1 posted: »

I kissed the ring (though it made me feel all icky doing it). My thought process behind it though: * Placate now (and provide Mama F

• Yeah, I did, don't regret it, but dang is that Whitehill an A-hole.

• Yeah, only because I felt bad for Elessa. I regretted it almost immediately afterwards, but it was worth seeing Ryon again.

I just hope we do get to kill Whitehill as Rodrick, like I said I would.

• I was surprised. I actually really like Gwyn. She's like the polar opposite of her father.

Interesting...I kind of want to met Gywn...but I also feel like it's "the right thing to do" with your mother, Ryan and Talia's sake.

• edited February 2015

Yes, but it was to have Ryon at the funeral, which Elaena understood, even if she was disappointed that I didn't stand up to Lord Asshill.

Also, Elaena is flippin' beautiful. Good work, TTG.

• Then I guess there is a reason why Asher likes her.

I was surprised. I actually really like Gwyn. She's like the polar opposite of her father.

• Yeah she's cool.

dojo32161 posted: »

Then I guess there is a reason why Asher likes her.

• Kissed it on the mother's advice. Was actually considering the mother's earlier advice, if I let Rodrick's anger show right then, I feared it would hurt the marriage. So I kept it under wraps.

Got a visit with Ryon, so not too bad.

• I did. I'm playing the long game, marrying Elaena to take advantage of House Glenmore's alliance and, fingers crossed, utilizing Asher's army from across the Narrow Sea. In the short term it doesn't look amazing, but it got Ryon to the funeral of his father and brother, and keeps Whitehill pacified until I have the strength to destroy him.

• No way. Ned Stark would not have kissed the ring.. Then again he is dead..

• I kissed that slobs ring ONLY for Ryon since he deserved to be with his family at the funeral. But I can't wait to kill that fat slob

• Can't believe so many people kissed the ring.

Ryon is just a kid, he will get over going to a funeral. His brother aint going to come back to life, he will mourn in his own way.

• I did it for Ryon...I really hate that fat fuck of a lord!

• He's my heir, and I wanted a chance to speak to him to reduce Whitehill brainwashing and the like.

Can't believe so many people kissed the ring. Ryon is just a kid, he will get over going to a funeral. His brother aint going to come back to life, he will mourn in his own way.

• I didn't because of Eleana. I got kind of pissed off at Lady Forrester, too - she has a nasty habit of telling people to do things/writing letters without telling people who need to know (me) about them. She acted like the whole thing had to do with my pride, not the fact that we can't look weak in front of people (especially someone I'm trying to convince to ally with us).

• I decided to kiss it. Now I'm regretting it. I will replay it again and refuse. God I hate that fat fuck.

• I kinda screwed up playing Ethan, went for the whole diplomacy route, really made the house look weak, I just didn't expect everyone to be an asshole! So this time I did the total opposite, rebuked the fat dude whenever I could. I didn't really care so much for Ryon but, when they took half the ironwood for the defiance I half regretted it. I already promised half to Elaena, an exclusive trade agreement with Tyrion AND now the Whitehills claimed the second half. So if the the Whitehills aren't told to back off by Bolton or Tyrion, or if they aren't wiped out, I'm kinda screwed.

I'm thinking of retrying that part, anyone know if there's a way to marry Elaena without promising stuff? And no way am I forging Margaery's letter for it. I have to marry Elaena, I need some army. But if keeping the ironwood means kissing his ring the, maybe I have to do it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.