Episode 2 - Mira Knife Decision

Comments

• I killed him since I thought he would've just ran after me had I spared him. One less guy out to kill me is hardly a regrettable circumstance. I tossed the knife because I wasn't willing to take any risks while playing as Mira. She's already in enough danger since that guard saw her. Having a knife in her possession is an unacceptable risk for my playstyle.

• edited February 2015

In my canon playthrough, I ran, letting him kill the coal buy, cause well...he did not matter to my Mira. Killing the guard would be dangerous, as it most likely would lead to a trial or something later, and should Cersei be the one behind it, then she would have known the responsible anyway, cause she knows who she sent to kill Mira.

• I took the knife with me, bud I didnt kill Damian. I thought it might be useful as evidence. But I still got "In the next episode" showing me talking to the coal boy about people looking for Lannister guard :/

• Yeah, same happened to me at "In the next episode". I found it weird cause the coal boy should have been dead. O.o

Hrulj posted: »

I took the knife with me, bud I didnt kill Damian. I thought it might be useful as evidence. But I still got "In the next episode" showing me talking to the coal boy about people looking for Lannister guard

• I hope so i dont wanna be accused of a murder :p

JohnKersky posted: »

That's why I think there will be an opportunity to get rid of the knife later. It's really strange to keep an evidence just for a trophy, I'm sure the developers are aware of it.

• Sounds like a bug or oversight....even if the coal boy managed to kill him, it doesn't sound like something they'd put in the preview for that decision.

WardenKing posted: »

Yeah, same happened to me at "In the next episode". I found it weird cause the coal boy should have been dead. O.o

• I kept the knife because what if someone will attack her again? at least she has a weapon now.

• Nails. Eyes.

ViTALiTY posted: »

I kept the knife because what if someone will attack her again? at least she has a weapon now.

• I threw the knife. I don't know the specifics of how it all works, but I'd assume regardless it would be suspicious for a handmaiden to have a knife. And while it looked like a plain sort of weapon, I'd imagine a royal guard's knife would be recognizable. She might be able to talk her way out of it, but it's not a risk I want to take. Let the Lannisters (or whoever's behind it) worry about a missing assassin and think that Mira has bigger allies than she really does. The knife would simply spell out the fact that Mira does in fact know about the threat to her life/is capable of killing. For now, let her seem innocent.

• edited February 2015

It's no bug. That coal boy is one of the faceless, and killed the guard without your help. You'll see

HiroVoid posted: »

Sounds like a bug or oversight....even if the coal boy managed to kill him, it doesn't sound like something they'd put in the preview for that decision.

• You shouldn't of tossed it because now when they find it, they'll know it's you.
    EVIDENCE: A guard spotted you, it was late so there was probably no one else, coal boy wasn't seen.
    But if you keep the dagger they won't suspect you until later on because they'll probably spend a little longer looking for Damien instead of finding the dagger and accusing you right away.

ABigBadWolf posted: »

Stabbed him for obvious reasons. Tossed because...well, they can't prove it was me. They don't have some fancy technology to identify fingerprints so it seemed okay.

• edited February 2015

The first time I kept it too but then after some thought I replayed the scene and left it behind me because it was too risky having it with me if I met someone right after. It was covered in blood and I just don't understand why she would keep it if she's going to dispose of it later anyway. What if someone finds it in her room while she's not there ? Also, for those who left it, people are just going to find a knife that belonged to the victim and it won't give them any clue on who did it, it could've been anyone. So right now I think it's safer to get rid of the knife immediately.

Also I don't know if anyone noticed it or if I'm mistaken but I noticed that the music you hear when you make that choice changes according to whether you chose to keep it or leave it. The one where you keep it seems more stressful as if it was a bad decision.

• Even if he suspects it he cannot prove it. There´s no body, they can´t trace fingerprints. How´s he gonna prove anything? Seeing me doesn´t prove I did it.

• I noticed the music difference, too (I rewound to take the knife, just to see, but still ended up keeping with my choice of dropping it in the bushes).

Mary5 posted: »

The first time I kept it too but then after some thought I replayed the scene and left it behind me because it was too risky having it with

• ...I kept it just as a memento.

JohnKersky posted: »

That's why I think there will be an opportunity to get rid of the knife later. It's really strange to keep an evidence just for a trophy, I'm sure the developers are aware of it.

• I killed him and I would never ever rewind that, since that guy's trouble. He knows where you live. He's not friendly. In fact, he wants to kill you. What if he comes to your room and stabs your throat when you sleep or lie to Cersei about you? You can then say bye bye to good ol' King's Landing.

About the knife, all the arguments are good. I personally kept it, since I figured the soldier from before could put two and two together - Damien and Mira alone in the park, Damien gone missing, bloody knife not far away from the place he was last seen and Mira being safe and souund. And I know from the preview that they will question people and probably search the rooms, but keeping the knife gives you more options for you to seem innocent. You can hide it somewhere else very well, clean it and pretend it's yours, that sorts of things.

• How do you mean? What do you know?!

Endrik posted: »

It's no bug. That coal boy is one of the faceless, and killed the guard without your help. You'll see

• Exactly. There's nothing you can do to change the fact that the other guard saw you, but it *certainly *won't help your case if there's a guard's knife in your possession. There's a fire already burning, no need to give them kindling.

Moondogg22 posted: »

My reasoning was the same as Rogarth. I killed him but ditched the knife, my room has already been ransacked once, and that knife is prob

• I'm still amazed that the scrawny little coal boy could drag a lifeless body away, let alone a soldier in full armor. I'm making the assumption that the body will be found, eventually.

• Paranoia

steenug posted: »

How do you mean? What do you know?!

• The coal boy will ditch the body to the sea and the fishing men will find him the morning after!

steenug posted: »

I'm still amazed that the scrawny little coal boy could drag a lifeless body away, let alone a soldier in full armor. I'm making the assumption that the body will be found, eventually.

• I remember thinking "I'm not just going to toss it on the ground!". I don't want evidence of a bloodied knife found near the location that he 'disappeared', considering that the other guard saw us. I bet that regardless we get caught anyway as they'll find it in her room (because why would TTG let us destroy the evidence instantly?).

• edited February 2015

Didn't that happen in Boardwalk Empire?

Crips posted: »

The coal boy will ditch the body to the sea and the fishing men will find him the morning after!

• The thing is if the guards find the discard knife (and it's a safe bet they will) that's a sign of foul play. The coal boy is removing the body, so assuming his corpse never surfaces, that knife is the only thing to suggest someone had been murdered (unless the blood shed was more significant that it appeared) in the garden.

As for connecting the knife/murder to you, well, you were the last person seen with him alive, so at the very least that makes you a person of interest. Regardless, I suspect either as a murder or as a disappearance suspicion of the assassin's fate will be landing on us.

Stabbed him for obvious reasons. Tossed because...well, they can't prove it was me. They don't have some fancy technology to identify fingerprints so it seemed okay.

• Still; a person of interest doesn't necessarily make me guilty unless Coal Boy decides to speak up...which I'm hoping he won't.

I do agree we're going to be suspects regardless of what we do, though. If Mira dies she won't be determinant so I guess it technically doesn't matter in the end, haha.

The thing is if the guards find the discard knife (and it's a safe bet they will) that's a sign of foul play. The coal boy is removing the b

• I don't usually kill people but he was drowning coal boy, and he'd probably come for me later so I killed him. I kept the knife just in case I need it later.

• The idiotic Queen's quote fits in perfectly. It is a Game of Thrones You play to win or die.

I didn't kill the soldier, I just ran. Mira's not a killer. Her mother didn't insist that.

• or quickly clean is and if it has a crest on it... oh if it has a crest on it that's a dead give away. But etch it off and you have a simple dagger.

Actually she tosses it to the concrete wall, given the bushes are high up she didnt bother to toss it high enough, she just tossed it to the

• I killed him and kept the knife maybe it could be useful later and I figured if they found a bloody knife in the garden they probably would not be using the innocent until proven guilty rules.

• Or perhaps she could be determinant. It would be interesting to have a determinant protagonist.

Still; a person of interest doesn't necessarily make me guilty unless Coal Boy decides to speak up...which I'm hoping he won't. I do agre

• It would definitely be interesting! But I suspect it's too much work. Maybe I'm a pessimist.

dojo32161 posted: »

Or perhaps she could be determinant. It would be interesting to have a determinant protagonist.

• I don't know Coal Boy have been giving hints. I think he is a "little bird" that works for Varys. Why would a spy help Mira? I guess we will find -_-

• I killed him because he was drowning the coal boy.

What happens if you run away? Is the coal boy now dead? Is he a determinant character?

• I agree with maimed_dan. I also thought that if they found the knife, they would know it was murder. And since that other guard saw me with the assassin, I thought it would be best to keep the knife hidden. Coal boy said he'd hide him in Flea Bottom. No body, no knife found around the crime scene, no concrete evidence for murder. I'll keep it that way.

Plus, I'll have some protection next time...

maimed_dan posted: »

I felt that way initially, but then I also thought that they wouldn't really have any way of linking that particular knife back to him, and

• I threw it away... It seemed the right choice, it's way too risky to keep it.

• Me? How could a tiny handmaiden kill a buff trained soldier? What will they say, that I overpowered with my stark-given battleaxe?

My regret is that, with the knife in hands, I could frame whoever I wanted to and/or defend myself. Now, I can just play safe and dumb

• But the judge (Cersei) will be more swayed to believe the Lannister guard than a simple handmaiden who's family are traitors.

Even if he suspects it he cannot prove it. There´s no body, they can´t trace fingerprints. How´s he gonna prove anything? Seeing me doesn´t prove I did it.

• Kept it because they'd know he was dead if I threw it down right there, and She was the last person seen with him at that location. Now he'll just be considered missing.

Too bad we probably won't get a chance to get rid of it later, in a better spot.

• edited February 2015

I killed him, and then got rid of the knife as there really wasn't any good reason to keep the evidence on me, in my opinion.

What I don't understand is how this isn't all going to tie back to Mira anyway though. I'm assuming someone told Damiem to do the job... he didn't just hatch this plan up on his own, right? So whether you killed him or not, I would think Mira is still in a pretty terrible position.

• edited February 2015

She already doesn't like me so I don't think any decision I made would put her in my favour lol. I swore loyalty to Margaery.

But poor me, I'm a tiny frail innocent maiden. Kill an armed guard? Nonsense, Cersei, even you are smarter than that!

But the judge (Cersei) will be more swayed to believe the Lannister guard than a simple handmaiden who's family are traitors.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.