Episode 2 - Mira Knife Decision

So I chose to play it safe most of the game - but I ended up killing Damien and decided at the last second to keep the knife. My reasoning was that just because I have the knife doesn't mean I can't get rid of it later. I'd rather have the only evidence of his murder in my possession than in anyone else's - or near the scene of the crime, considering how the other guard knew I was there with Damien that night. What did you guys do/what do you think will happen?

Comments

• I stabbed the fucker because he was trying to kill coal boy and me.

I kept the knife because...Well...I wanted a memento of Mira's first kill.

• Stabbed him for obvious reasons.

Tossed because...well, they can't prove it was me. They don't have some fancy technology to identify fingerprints so it seemed okay.

• edited February 2015

Yeah, I honestly didn't think leaving him alive would be a good option at all. He's already tried to kill me once, there's no telling when he would try again. And I already scratched him in the face and stuff - he could easily say I attacked him. I think the whole scenario was designed to force the player into working with the coal boy to some degree - up until this point I had been avoiding him because he seemed to eager too help me.

I stabbed the fucker because he was trying to kill coal boy and me. I kept the knife because...Well...I wanted a memento of Mira's first kill.

• I feel the same way as you do, Mira having it with her will be better than someone finding it and like you said that other guard will probably suspect something if he got ahold of the knife

• I liked Coal Boy, he seemed trustful and loyal which is rare. Him saving my life was my last reason to save him.

• I tossed the knife, I mean they cant prove its me, but its TellTale so Im sure I will be blamed because the other guy saw me

• Did anyone try to run away and not kill the guy? What were the consequences?

• edited February 2015

That was also my reason for tossing the knife. XD

ABigBadWolf posted: »

Stabbed him for obvious reasons. Tossed because...well, they can't prove it was me. They don't have some fancy technology to identify fingerprints so it seemed okay.

• I didn't kill the soldier, I just ran. Mira's not a killer. Her mother didn't insist that.

• edited February 2015

I killed the fucking asshole. He did, after all, try to kill Mira and the coal boy. I then decided to toss the knife.

• I thought she was gonna toss the knife into the ocean or bushes, not lay it on the fucking ground.

• She just leaves it on the ground??? Glad I kept it!

I thought she was gonna toss the knife into the ocean or bushes, not lay it on the fucking ground.

• Killed him because it felt right. Tossed the knife because it's more damning to be caught with it seeing as how Medieval CSI doesn't exist to dust for freaking prints.

• No, she tosses it in the bushes, I think.

imlarroca posted: »

She just leaves it on the ground??? Glad I kept it!

• Yup, no way was I letting that guy live. Think of all the blackmail and deceit he could put on you, way better covering for a crime than getting your diplomacy with Tyrion and Margaery shattered by some assassin. I kept the knife in the end, figured if I threw it away some guards would find it and make an even deeper investigation out of it. I'm sure I'll get rid of it somehow, just not there!

• I did. There wasn't any really you just book it away- and another solider come around the corner calling out to Damien and then I chose to keep the knife cause why not. and then at the end during the song you just see her washing blood off her face and hands.

Why, what happens if you kill him?

mchbitil posted: »

Did anyone try to run away and not kill the guy? What were the consequences?

• edited February 2015

I killed the Lannister Attacker for 2 Reasons,
    1. The guy Tried to Kill Mira sneaky-wise (Might try again)
    2. The Coal Boy saved Mira from dieing.
    As for the Knife.. I Kept I feel it will end in 2 Ways: Mira will clean it and Throw it somewhere Safe or It will get found in her Room and she'll haft to Kill someone Else suspenceful ins't it.

• edited February 2015

I felt that way initially, but then I also thought that they wouldn't really have any way of linking that particular knife back to him, and it might come in handy against other assassins.

As for killing him, seems much better that way, whoever sent him is will probably think some shadowy third party has Mira's back and intervened - that's way more likely than a handmaiden killing an armed guard in melee combat, then stashing the body. King's Landing is so paranoid, whoever gave him his orders must be flipping out. I hope we get to see it.

That was also my reason for tossing the knife. XD

• No one is a killer. But in a life or death situation, they'd probably kill than be killed.

I didn't kill the soldier, I just ran. Mira's not a killer. Her mother didn't insist that.

• I killed him in my and the coal boy's defense. And I kept it. I figured they'd find the weapon at the scene of the crime and I'd rather have it with me to toss out later.

• Actually she tosses it to the concrete wall, given the bushes are high up she didnt bother to toss it high enough, she just tossed it to the side. Anyhow if she did throw it in the bushes AKA soil and stuff, the blade wouldnt have made a sound which in a game it does.

Best thing to do is prolly keep it, clean it, hide it and then dispose of it.

No, she tosses it in the bushes, I think.

• Killed him and threw the knife. All I need is them finding the knife in my bed.

• You kill him and coal boy hauls the body away to ditch it in Flea Bottom. I felt it much better to not leave the assassin alive to try again/report back. His body being disposed of was a nice and unexpected bonus. It feels like there's very little downside - which makes me REALLY nervous. Keeping/not keeping the knife both have their merits, that seems like the more difficult choice.

jokerofish posted: »

I did. There wasn't any really you just book it away- and another solider come around the corner calling out to Damien and then I chose to

• Those are good reasons in the OP, but I figured tossing it was better. If you can toss it in a better location in the next ep, I might rewind and keep it, but it feels now you'll just keep it on you or in your room. If the dagger has a way of being identified, that's basically a 100% guilty sentence for Mira. Plus, the guard can identify Mira anyway if they suspect he's been murdered by Mira by going missing. If they try to pin the murder on Mira by saying she killed him with the knife, I can just have Mira act the innocent girl routine by insisting how a handmaiden managed to overpower a guard which would probably be seen as a shame by his family. If it was poison, it'd be another matter...

• I ran and kept it, I just couldnt kill someone in kings landing especially not knowing who he is and who he's linked to. I just dont get how the kid is still alive? Still while thats a problem there is no crime, no ones dead

• I killed him as well, because that coal boy really seems like the only guy in King's Landing who has my back. So I definitely didn't want that asshole to drown him. I tossed the knife because those Whitehill guys already searched my room once. I definitely wouldn't want them to find a knife (HIS knife, if I remember correctly) in my room.

• he will stab you in the back.

I know it.

I liked Coal Boy, he seemed trustful and loyal which is rare. Him saving my life was my last reason to save him.

• I killed him and kept the knife.

My reasoning behind this is that if coal boy hides the body, but i throw the knife away, and the guards start looking around for Damian in the garden, they might find it. If they found it, and see that it's covered in blood, it will not take them much time to connect the dots and come banging at my door.

But if i keep the knife, and clean it, and Coal boy hides the body, then they will never supsect anything. The other guard already saw me anyway, and if they come asking where damian is, i just can pretend i don't know. Also, in the case they search my room and find the knife, i can simply say it was a gift from him, because he wanted to woo me.

• edited February 2015

I killed the assassin and kept the knife just for an opportunity to throw it into the sea or something like that. The coal boy said the body will never be found, but the bloody knife in the bush near a place the guard was last seen (moreover, by his fellow guard) is about to be found anyway. I think it's safe to get rid of the knife later so no one could claim it was murder since the body and the insrument of crime are missing. The only clue is the other guard, but we can do as always - lie. The bruise is not that serious, we can lie once again.

• I didn't kill him but kept the the knife. Figured it'd be useful to have if he came back to kill me. Now I'm thinking it will probably be found on me and I'll get in trouble.

• at the end of the game i see 90% people killed the bastard who try to kill her

• but what if they search your place and knife will be found there ?

JohnKersky posted: »

I killed the assassin and kept the knife just for an opportunity to throw it into the sea or something like that. The coal boy said the body

• Yeah, the only reason I tossed the knife was because I didn't want to take the risk of her keeping the knife for a long time. Ideally, I would've thrown the knife out of Mira's window and into the water.

Actually she tosses it to the concrete wall, given the bushes are high up she didnt bother to toss it high enough, she just tossed it to the

• edited February 2015

If you toss it, its evidence that someone was stabbed, with the assassin not returning to his client, he will know it was you.

If you keep it, the client will wait for his assassin to return, when he knows he wont come, he still will not know he was killed, because there is no body and no evidence of a fight.

ABigBadWolf posted: »

Stabbed him for obvious reasons. Tossed because...well, they can't prove it was me. They don't have some fancy technology to identify fingerprints so it seemed okay.

• since you know they searched your place, would you really be so dumb hiding it there?

And if, then you will sure find a place noone expects (like in the ceilar candles or hanging to the right outside of your window).

pratikrockz posted: »

but what if they search your place and knife will be found there ?

• edited February 2015

That's why I think there will be an opportunity to get rid of the knife later. It's really strange to keep an evidence just for a trophy, I'm sure the developers are aware of it.

pratikrockz posted: »

but what if they search your place and knife will be found there ?

• Whoever it is they still can´t prove it was me. I´ll play innocent. I killed a person? Me? A simple handmaiden? Overpower a guard? Nonsense.

• edited February 2015

The only con to the whole scenario is that there's the other guard who knew that you were with Damien that night. If only he hadn't seen Mira it would all be alright. That guard knows that you were with him, and what is his word against Mira's word? - His word, I'm sure, is far more valuable to the Lannisters. So if you've killed him, and he's noticeably gone missing, I have a feeling next episode there are going to be some major repercussions involving the Lannister solider who knew you were with Damien.

• My reasoning was the same as Rogarth.

I killed him but ditched the knife, my room has already been ransacked once, and that knife is probably particular to the guard or a blade that is given to only the guardsmen. The other guardsman saw me outside and could place me at the scene, the last thing I want is to have a guard's blade on my person or in my possession when they inevitably sweep through my room again!

• Killed the dude. Kill or be killed, if I left him he would come back at me or say I attacked him. I kept the knife, hopefully I can frame the Flowers girl later. It's only a matter of time until she betrays me to Cersei or something. My family is on the brink of war and all she cares about is getting married and being a bastard. That spells trouble.

Keeping the knife might be trouble though, depending on what can be done with it later. I thought throwing it away might be bad though. Since the body is gone the knife there would mean something happened. Mira was the last one seen with that guard. At least if I have it I can hide it or frame somebody hopefully.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.