Episode 2 - Mira Knife Decision

Comments

• Yeah first time kill someone so have one memento of it :p lol

...I kept it just as a memento.

• I killed him and tossed the knife. Mainly cause we all know they are gunna go around asking questions and tossing people's rooms again like they already did with hers. It'll be hard to explain why she would have a guards knife hidden in her room. On a side note: could they have given her an option to "not go to the obvious meeting at midnight that is a trap"? dumb kid

• I did the exact same thing. It wasn't a timed decision so I thought to myself, well if I keep the knife and somebody finds it I look guilty as hell. However if I toss it they can't test finger prints so no way to tie it to me unless someone witnessed it. I figured I had better odds tossing it than someone finding it as someone has already searched my room.

ABigBadWolf posted: »

Stabbed him for obvious reasons. Tossed because...well, they can't prove it was me. They don't have some fancy technology to identify fingerprints so it seemed okay.

• I killed him then kept the knife just in case I needed to kill some more assholes later on.

• I killed the fucker, and kept the knife. Because i think it might be handy in the future. If i throw it it would be more suspicious i think.

• I kept my cool and did not kill him and then I threw away the knife away.

Game of Thrones isn't about how many people you can kill. Right now I have some powerful people on my side and I think there will be a better way of dealing with him later that won't attract so much heat in my direction.

• You say that like they need proof to murder you on a whim.

Whoever it is they still can´t prove it was me. I´ll play innocent. I killed a person? Me? A simple handmaiden? Overpower a guard? Nonsense.

• There is no need for proof if someone of a higher class wants to accuse her. I kept the knife to delay the process...maybe nobody will realize he's dead for a bit without a body or bloody dagger? Remember that 'innocent until proven guilty' isn't really a thing in this world....best to just try to hide the crime entirely I think.

• Mira is a protagonist. If she dies it probably won´t be determinant so regardless of what you do it´s gonna be bad so eh, don´t mind.

jcb231 posted: »

You say that like they need proof to murder you on a whim.

• I killed the guard, and tossed the knife. Even if they find the knife, they would only know someone has been murdered( hopefully the boy can get rid of the body). I also felt it would be worse to be caught with the knife, by someone who knew who the dagger belonged to. This scenario would be a similar to what happened to Tyrion in the song of ice and fire books.

• Yeah Telltale sometimes forces you to make stupid choices for the sake of the plot.

• To be honest in the first run i killed the guard and didn't toss the knife.
    But I rewinded, bc I was not really 100% behind a few of my choices. In my second run I didn't kill the guard and tossed the knife.

(The second episode was really hard in many ways. There are a few choices I can't really make to my whole satisfaction. But I know me: In the moment there are all episodes released I will make a complete new run. It's the same in every other TTG - Game.)

• Killed him and kept the knife the less evidence the better

• edited February 2015

I had Mira keep the knife. If nothing else it's probably better to get rid of it at some other location, as opposed to just tossing it in a bush so close to where everything went down.

That said, I would be very surprised if it turns out that it mattered at all. The problem with having no right or wrong choices is, well, exactly that...if that makes any sense. And so far that still seems to be the approach Telltale is going with.

• She seems fairly smart, but also incredibly naive. I don't necessarily know what she was thinking, but my thinking was that it was the coal boy, considering the child-like handwriting of the note. (Which, actually, is still why I think the coal boy is involved somehow.)

• I had no issue with killing the guy, but I warily kept the knife.

It might come back to bite me later, but I guess I liked the idea of leaving no evidence at the scene, and being armed for when the next assassin inevitably shows up.

• Tossed the knife, but I had no idea she would merely let it fall in the general direction of the bushes where it will easily be found.

• She wasn't armed with a knife the first time someone tried to kill her, and still managed to survive... Just saying. A knife for defense later is still a knife that was used to kill a guard.

"Hey, why do you have the missing guard's/any guard's knife in your room?"
    "Uh..."

• edited February 2015

I killed him and kept the knife as throwing it away will just lead to problems I feel. The guard saw Mira and him out there last. If they find the knife out there in blood, it's pretty obvious and they'll put the two together. This way, they don't know he's dead just missing, they don't have any reason to suspect Mira or search her room.

• She'd still have been the last person seen with him.

Revec posted: »

I killed him and kept the knife as throwing it away will just lead to problems I feel. The guard saw Mira and him out there last. If they fi

• Yeah. It feels right now a lot of it is because we don't know all the info.
    Is this a guard-issued dagger? Random dagger? Personal engraving on it? Can we toss it later somewhere better?

steenug posted: »

She wasn't armed with a knife the first time someone tried to kill her, and still managed to survive... Just saying. A knife for defense lat

• I believe Cersei sent him so I made the decision to not kill him because that would be the perfect excuse for Cersei to have me executed, and I kept the knife just in case I had to prove to someone that he tried to kill me.

• The other guard who saw you may put 2 and 2 together though

Whoever it is they still can´t prove it was me. I´ll play innocent. I killed a person? Me? A simple handmaiden? Overpower a guard? Nonsense.

• I chose to kill him, and I kept the knife so that (with Tyrion's help) I might identify the attacker for who he really was, or perhaps to help find out who sent him. I seem to remember Catelyn Stark figuring out who attempted to murder Bran in his room by tracking down the owner of the blade. At this poinit I would assume the person responsible is Whitehill's envoy (can't remember his name) who wasn't happy with Mira meddling in his deal with Tyrion. Hopefully Mira and Tyrion can prove it he was involved and blackmail him or cut him out of the deal entirely.

• Good strategy in my view. I chose to kill Damien as I couldn't just let the young lad be drowned while I legged it. But I too kept the knife in order to try find out who sent Damien to kill me. And I'm hoping Tyrion might help me on that...

Mowen posted: »

I believe Cersei sent him so I made the decision to not kill him because that would be the perfect excuse for Cersei to have me executed, and I kept the knife just in case I had to prove to someone that he tried to kill me.

• I killed him but kept the knife and I really wish I hadn't, at the time I thought what if that guard came back and the knife wasn't there he would tell someone that Mira was with him.

But then afterwards my brain caught up and I figured well Mira keeping the knife doesn't change that it just means that if they search my room and find it, then it definitely connects me, so I'm kind of hoping that there is an option to get rid of it later.

• I killed the assassin and decided to keep the knife. I figure there's a risk either way: toss it and the knife could end up in anyone's hands, plus the confirmation that someone was hurt. Keep the knife and you have the murder weapon on you if Damien's body is ever discovered, though I figure at least you're armed now with a weapon.

• Haha yeah as he started to drag the body away I remember thinking how is a little guy like him able to drag a armour clad soldier? (who is basically a dead weight - pardon the pun)

Also, how on earth is he physically going to manage to get him all the way to Flee Bottom and without being seen?

I find it hard to believe that he has a giant coal cart which he intends to put the body in before covering it with coal and taking it to Flee Bottom.

steenug posted: »

I'm still amazed that the scrawny little coal boy could drag a lifeless body away, let alone a soldier in full armor. I'm making the assumption that the body will be found, eventually.

• Ran away and hid the knife.

• The thing is though, Catelyn Stark didn't actually find the real culprit, Little Finger convinced her that it was Tyrion who sent the assassin. However we know this is not true because of Tyrion's point of view.

You make a good point about the Whitehill envoy, I think it's more likely to be the charming one - smile to your face but all the while has a dagger ready to stab you in the back!

freegrazer posted: »

I chose to kill him, and I kept the knife so that (with Tyrion's help) I might identify the attacker for who he really was, or perhaps to he

• I thought tossing the knife would be over the wall to the ocean, but no, onto the garden path side (perhaps the bushes best case scenario?). At least there is no C.S.I. Westeros ;)

Felt too risky to get caught with a guards knife on you or in your room especially if it can be identified as Damien's or even a Lannister one. Mira would likely put it in her chest then write about it in her diary lol!

• I was immediately suspicious of him he was too handsome and too charming. When I saw him standing there and you had the option to call out to him or not, I chose not to:
    A) because it seemed like a trap.
    B) Because he might not be the person who left the note.

I killed him because:
    A) He tried to kill me and I wasn't going to take a chance that he would try it again later!
    B) He was trying to drown Coal Boy, who had tried to stop Damian from strangling me to death! Plus he may or may not be useful later.

I kept the knife for the following reasons:
    A) I got the immediate impression she was going to toss it in the bush otherwise, I have no doubt that it would've been found. A bloody dagger and a missing guard would scream of foul play! The other guard saw me and Damian together and could put 2 + 2 together, he might not believe that I had actually killed him; but he might suspect that I had something to do with it - a seemingly innocent maiden luring the guard to his death!

B) With no body and no murder weapon on the scene it could possible buy me some time, people will first assume that the guard has either gone AWOL, is late for duty because he's drunk or some other reason. Also the person who hired him will not know for sure what has actually happened, obviously they will know that the assassination attempt has failed but they won't immediately know why.

C) I now have a weapon, I could possibly sew a secret pocket into my dress and conceal it there; leaving it in my room would be foolish and it would be more useful to have it on my person.

D) It is far better that I have the weapon in my possession so that I if I need to I can dispose of it in a better way and also so I don't have to try and retrieve it from the garden later (assuming it isn't already found).

E) I could use it to possibly frame someone else (a potential enemy or threat that needs to be taken care of)

F) I wasn't really worried about trying to escape the scene with a dagger, because there was blood all over my face and arms! Even if I wasn't carrying a dagger that would've immediately looked suspicious!

• edited February 2015

I killed the guy and kept the knife - if you toss it, then the other guard will very likely find it and alert everyone.

If you keep the knife however, the other guard might think that Damien is...ummm...sticking something in Mira...ahem (not a knife xP). He seemed to think it was a date, so maybe he thought they disappeared in his room for a while...it will take him shorter to realize something is off if he finds a bloody knife, not much room for interpretation there.

• Yes this thought had also crossed my mind =p. Plus it would make for a really good defence story i.e Mira can claim that she was romantically involved with him and was meeting him in secret. People are more likely to assume that she is just a poor naïve, love struck maiden who in her grief sought some comfort with Damian and that they kept their relationship secret because she was worried that word would get back to her family and they would not approve because he is a Lannister soldier.

I killed the guy and kept the knife - if you toss it, then the other guard will very likely find it and alert everyone. If you keep the k

• Such is the deliberate nature of the game that nothing you do has zero chance of repercussion.
    If you leave him alive, there's a chance he'll attack you again, whether you've still got his knife or not.
    If you kill him, the coal boy hides the body, but if you toss the bloody knife, they'll find it, recognise it as Damien's, and may assume he's been murdered and question you.
    If you kill him and keep the knife, then there's no evidence that he's dead, just missing. But the other guard, Lucan, still saw you with Damien, so you'll probably get questioned anyway. And then they may search your room and find the knife, which obviously makes you look guilty.

Basically, if you kill him, toss the knife, so there's no physical evidence to tie you to the murder.
    If you let him live, keep the knife, so you can defend yourself if he attacks you again.

• I killed him and threw away the knife. They don't have forensics or fingerprint searching back them, so it I didn't think it was incriminating at all. If anything, it will point to whoever sent the assassin because they will know who did it and they would then have to reveal themselves somehow if they want to pin it on Mira.

• The thing is though, they don't need proof, if some one wants to pin it on Mira they can just bribe the guards to say they saw Mira at the crime scene after midnight and that Damian had said she was with him. Hiding a fake murder weapon in her room wouldn't be that hard!

• I killed him with almost no hesitation..no one fucks with my coal boy. I also kept the knife...simply because the other guard saw me..and if they found a discarded knife they would instantly point fingers at me..espcially as Queen Cersei already doesn't trust Mira. If coal boy does his bit, it might take them a while to find out that guy is dead, however if the knife was left there, they would know that someone had been attacked.

• I'm surprised only 7% didn't decide to just go around killing people like fools. What the hell? I ran and ditched the weapon.

• A point has been made over and over in GoT that it's nye-impossible to go anywhere without eyes seeing you. A coal boy dragging around a lifeless Lannister guardsman - no matter how late at night - will not go unnoticed.

Haha yeah as he started to drag the body away I remember thinking how is a little guy like him able to drag a armour clad soldier? (who is b

Sign in to comment in this discussion.