Monument to the Walking Dead: An Interactive Story (Ongoing)

Comments

• Yes, very tense. I could get some pictures of it.

Had the best deaths I think of all the comic besides Made To Suffer.

Can't wait to see how the show does it.

NoHopeLeft posted: »

That's the one in the save-zone right? I've only read the summaries of the comics, it was pretty tense from what I remember.

• I need to catch up on the show, I haven't watched any of the new episodes of season 5 other than the first.

I'm interested in seeing how they handle it as well.

Yes, very tense. I could get some pictures of it. Had the best deaths I think of all the comic besides Made To Suffer. Can't wait to see how the show does it.

• :D

Act 1 - Chapter 3: Muerte Sombría - Opening. Anthony ran towards the horde of walkers, his face covered with fear and shock. They weren’t

• Grim Death

Oh no.

Act 1 - Chapter 3: Muerte Sombría - Opening. Anthony ran towards the horde of walkers, his face covered with fear and shock. They weren’t

• Laughs manically

Grim Death Oh no.

• BAD THINGS SHOULDN'T HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE, LET'S REMEMBER THAT

Laughs manically

• Yeah...That's pretty much the opposite of what happens to good people in a zombie infested world...

Innocent, kind, good. They don't make it long.

BAD THINGS SHOULDN'T HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE, LET'S REMEMBER THAT

• Act 1 - Chapter 3: Muerte Sombría - Part 1.

Anthony busted through Atlanta’s front door out of breath and breathing heavily. His brief break ended as he realized the door was still opened, of which he quickly slammed shut. Now full on breath, he turned his attention to the rapidly approaching Atlanta who immediately began questioning him. “What happened, did--” She quickly stopped as she didn’t want to tread there if bad things had happened.

“As far as I know we - the people in this house - are the only people alive. Don’t tread on what has happened, let’s just focus on getting out of this alive.” Anthony turned to the worried eyed boy who stood up from the coach and faced him. Anthony sighed regretfully, “Stan’s dead. I’m-- I’m sorry.” Anthony gave him a sympathetic smile and rested his hand on his back.

Anthony’s expression turned to sadness as he thought of his sister, but he needed to think clearly if he wanted to get these people through this horrorful event. No matter how much he loved and cared for his sister, he had already failed to protect her. There was no use dwelling on it at this time.

He quickly jumped back out of thought as he looked down once again at a tearless Dan, his face was clearly lit with regret and maybe even a little anger. But the kid seemed to keep himself from crying or even curling up in a corner like you would think a 7-year-old would do in this situation.

Atlanta had remained silent standing with her back to the two for a minute as she appeared to be deep in thought. She suddenly turned around, “we need to try to save everyone. Josie is probably at the house in front of the break, hopefully Dean’s with her. Jerry’s in his house and for all I know he hasn’t left it.” She paused with a very undecided look on her face, “question is…How do we save them amongst the horde?”

Anthony’s expression turned worse as he bared the bad news. “We...We can’t save them and we don’t even know if they're still alive. I hate himself for saying this, even if some of them are alive there’s no chance we can save them.” Anthony knew it was wrong to leave people behind in such a way, but he also knew he was more than right, even if he hated himself afterwards...He would’ve saved three people at the very least.

She sighed reluctantly as she made her defense, “I fully understand where your coming from, Anthony...But we can’t just leave them behind like that. Afterall I’m sure we can--” She angrily sighed again, “fuck... We can try at the very least, okay?”

“Well...Let’s... Put to a damn vote, we can get it out of the way sooner. Kid…What do you say, leave or stay and save anyone if we can.” Anthony waited about a minute as the kid remained silent, Anthony couldn’t blame him for it.

“Shit...If the kid doesn’t want to vote just let us and Ashley vote, that way we can’t get into a tie.” Atlanta bit her lip, “jesus, a vote, the hell’s wrong with us…” She muttered as they all walked up the stairs to speak with Ashley, but stopped and looked around the first floor. The only light on was the living room light, she knew all too well that she left the gate into the backyard open. She could hear the walkers banging on the windows, doors and walls. She flipped the light switch and continued up the stairs.

She arrived at the room’s doorway to find her arguing with Anthony, clearly she hadn’t taken too kindly to the voting system. “Anthony tell you?” Atlanta questioned as she stood by the window, she briefly looked out the window as she waited for a answer. The window faced the street and she could see the horde below them. “Yes. I’ve heard it, I don’t like it one bit,” Ashley muttered regretfully as Atlanta took a seat on the bed.

“But we need to do one or the other. I’m sure to make your...THe deciding factor in this, I know it can’t be--” Ashley spoke up again, interrupting Atlanta. “Let me get this right the first time. We can either run with our tails between our legs and leave everyone we know behind to save ourselves, or we can stay here and last as long as we can while we try to find our people.”

“Yeah…” Anthony regretfully nodded leaving his head down.

His head slowly shot back up as he seemed to concentrate. “Do you…” Anthony whispered as he turned to the window, “turn the lights off, we want to stay hidden the best we can.” The lights went off and Anthony peaked out of the window as he seemed to listen, the community before him, it was well lit by the moon light of this late summer’s night. Sure enough he heard a noise that sounded a lot like music, but it was muffled due to the horde of the dead moaning and bumping into each other.

Anthony stood at the window somewhat baffled by the music playing loudly from somewhere, it was emanating from Jerry’s house. Loud enough to be heard over the dead. Atlanta stuck her head out the window, “is that...Billy Joel?”

“The Piano Man…” Anthony muttered as he looked at the bizarre sight of the dead slowly losing interest in Atlanta’s house and a few moving towards the loud music. “Jerry’s alive...He’s giving us a chance,” Anthony explained as he turned around to the room. “He’s giving us a chance if we leave and keep away from the dead we might be able to get out of here. We need to decide this, I’m for leaving, Atlanta’s for staying, Ashley?” Anthony and the others waited as Ashley chose her answer.

[Leave Harvest Hills.]

[Leave but help Jerry out of here as well.]

[Stay in the house.]

[Stay but try to get Jerry to the house.]

• [Stay but try to get jerry to the house]

Great chapter!!

Great

Act 1 - Chapter 3: Muerte Sombría - Part 1. Anthony busted through Atlanta’s front door out of breath and breathing heavily. His brief br

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited March 2015

[Leave but help Jerry out of here as well.]

Your Savior has revealed himself. Repent!

The end is coming!

Act 1 - Chapter 3: Muerte Sombría - Part 1. Anthony busted through Atlanta’s front door out of breath and breathing heavily. His brief br

• [Leave but help Jerry out of here as well.]

• [Stay but try to get Jerry to the house.]

My account has unfollowed some threads for some reason (Again) so I haven't been around

• edited March 2015

What in the actual name of all things that are holy fucks... has Jerry just done something selfless, something I can't even hate him for? Hope, why are you doing this? Insulting him has been so much fun! I mean, who am I supposed to hate now?

Staying might give them a chance to help Dean and Josie, if they are still alive, a chance I'd like to use.

• edited March 2015

• Maybe Zafir >:3

What in the actual name of all things that are holy fucks... has Jerry just done something selfless, something I can't even hate him for? Ho

• I know the feel :c

But it's this little check box that shows up when you post a reply, if you edit your post it unchecks the box and unfollows the thread.

finlander posted: »

[Stay but try to get Jerry to the house.] My account has unfollowed some threads for some reason (Again) so I haven't been around

• Thank you...

Alt text

>:D

mr.quality posted: »

[Stay but try to get jerry to the house] Great chapter!! Great

• All hail Jerry, lord of rifles, he who uses Billy Joel music as weapons.

[Leave but help Jerry out of here as well.] Your Savior has revealed himself. Repent! The end is coming!

• Oh no. Oh dear heavens no!

Thank you... >:D

WE OUTTA HERE!

• Right now the choice is split 50/50. I sadly can't continue writing until this tie is somehow broken.

• Aaaaaaaaa could you flip a coin?

Right now the choice is split 50/50. I sadly can't continue writing until this tie is somehow broken.

• I'm gonna flip one.

Voting is closed

(!) Ashley will vote to leave and try to help Jerry leave with them.

Aaaaaaaaa could you flip a coin?

• Act 1 - Chapter 3: Muerte Sombría - Part 2.

The air was cold as Ashley stood at the window, looking down at the crowd of walkers that had broken through the wall. The horde droned out the music playing from Jerry’s house, but he was faintly playing over the moans and cries of the walkers. Ashley was the deciding factor in this, she knew she couldn’t avoid it. Her own moral code seemed trampled with the last few days, 3 days since it all began. But she knew she couldn’t leave people they knew were alive behind.

Jerry was a asshole. But leaving him to die would make them worse.

“We leave this place, it’s overrunned.” Ashley said while moving away from the window, her face became serious. “Anyone who’s not here is as good as dead, Lindsay, Dean, Joise...But Jerry’s alive, we’re not leaving him.” She felt confident she’d made the right choice.

Anthony spoke up with a tone of disbelief, “we don’t know that.” He paused, giving a frown. “For all we know he could be drunk off his ass, or even already dead. Besides, how are we going to get him out of there?”

Ashley regretfully sighed, “we have to distract the walkers in the community so someone can get him out of there. It could end badly, but we need to try.”

“So that’s that. Who do we have distract the walkers and who--” Atlanta was cut off by Ashley, “we only need one person to go into his house and find him, then get him out. But the hard part is getting the walkers away from the place, we need most of us a good distance away, once they see us they’ll leave the house and come after whoever they see.”

“Alright,” Atlanta sighed, “final question is... Who does what.”

“I’ll--” Anthony stuttered, “I’ll go after Jerry. If I need to dragged him out of the place I can.” Anthony bit his lip as he thought of the what if, if he wasn’t around people could die...More people would die. “Just keep a distance, don’t let them get close, back up the road as far as you need too. Just keep going north, to Anns Hill until I get Jerry out, there we make a break for it and run until he reach the far north of the wall.”

Atlanta nodded and the four of them walked back down stairs. Waiting at the door, Atlanta kneeled before Daniel and gave him a little talk, “keep close to us and stay silent, not a sound. ‘right?” The little boy nodded and Atlanta shot him a smile as Ashley peeped out the front door’s window, sure enough the walkers had been closing in on Jerry’s house and left behind Atlanta’s.

She cracked the door, she and Daniel creeped out as Atlanta followed but was caught by the arm, she turned around to see Anthony, “what is it?” She asked calmly as she could in this situation.

“We’re gonna need to talk about what happened to Stan, he wasn’t bitten, yet he turned, we all saw it.” Anthony finally asked her the question that was nagging at her as well. “After. We’ll talk about it after this.”

Anthony nodded as he released her arm and the two slowly walked outside.

They finally got the full look at the state of the front of the community. The walking corpses were piled by Jerry’s house now, a lot of them, all filling the small stretch of road in front of the house and all the way back to the break in the wall. By what Anthony could see in the dark they were still pouring in from the break.

Anthony quickly turned his attention to the task before him as he and the rest of the group sunk to the next house over, away from the walkers and the break. Atlanta, Ashley and Daniel waited there as Anthony creeped across the road, quickly but silently. Arriving at the other side, directly in front of his parents’ house. The music acting as his own little theme song.

To Anthony’s delight the song ended, it was time to act.

He raised his hand in to air and made a series of awkward gestures until the others began walking into the street. They started shout, “hey fuckers!” Ashley yelled out first, most of the horde begin to either walk towards her or lose interest in Jerry’s house at the very least.

Anthony slowly avoided making noise and make his way to Jerry’s backyard, stop to look at the bees floating the pool, poorly lit by the moonlight. Sighing he walked to the sliding glass door and attempted to open it, but it was locked. Anthony resorted to anthony way of breaking in and grabbed a small pool chair.

She slammed it into the glass and it shattered into small pieces as Anthony rushed through the opening.

He found Jerry in the living room just inside the house, he was sitting in his chair with a bottle of alcohol in his hand. Drunk off his ass.

“Get the fuck up,” Anthony hissed through gritted teeth.

Jerry groaned with annoyance, “go away... I’m too drunk to care about your views on me…” Jerry turned on his side and spilled his drink all over his nice chair. “Ugh, fuck…” he jumped up as fast as a drunk man could, the sudden cold drink of his pants get him up quick. “Well, wanna drink?” Jerry mumbled, “you can suck it off my damn pants!” Jerry laughed.

“Quit the drunken crap Jerry, we gotta get out of here!” Anthony exclaimed once again through gritted teeth.

“Jerry this, Jerry that, what did I do this time...Did I fuck it up again…” Jerry muttered as his eyes rolled back and fell to the ground with a loud thered.

Anthony bit his lip with anger as he rushed to the unconscious Jerry, grabbed him under the shoulders and began pulling him back with him out the broken sliding door. Walking past the record player as it continued spinning off the edge of the Billy Joel record.

Soon arriving near his parents’ house once more, they arrived to find a awful sight. Somehow, Atlanta had gotta separated from Ashley and Dan and as began grabbed by a walker, she was unable to run or get away from the walker’s grip. Anthony quickly let one hand go of Jerry and pulled his revolver from his side and aimed at the walker. He could make out Ashley holding back a crying Daniel as he tried to fight towards Atlanta. Atlanta, Ashley and Daniel...Their screams were drowned out by the moans and grunts of the walkers.

Jerry regained consciousness and realized what was happening. he weakly grabbed Anthony’s arm and whispered, “you’ll...bring the whole herd on us.” Anthony thought he would’ve done more to stop him, but he just kept his hand on his arm and weakly stared at Anthony.

[Take the shot and save Atlanta, but risk his and Jerry’s safety.]

[Let Atlanta die, saving himself and Jerry.]

• [Take the shot and save Atlanta, but risk his and Jerry’s safety.] NOT SAVING JERRY

Act 1 - Chapter 3: Muerte Sombría - Part 2. The air was cold as Ashley stood at the window, looking down at the crowd of walkers that had

• Don't forget your also risking Anthony's life :P

supersagig posted: »

[Take the shot and save Atlanta, but risk his and Jerry’s safety.] NOT SAVING JERRY

• [Let Atlanta die, saving himself and Jerry.]

Jerry is the Savior. Repent! The final judgement is for the week!

Act 1 - Chapter 3: Muerte Sombría - Part 2. The air was cold as Ashley stood at the window, looking down at the crowd of walkers that had

• [Take the shot and save Atlanta, but risk his and Jerry’s safety.] I've never been so mad at a fictional character before wtf Jerry with setting new boundaries.

• If you don't mind could explain your anger with Jerry? xD

[Take the shot and save Atlanta, but risk his and Jerry’s safety.] I've never been so mad at a fictional character before wtf Jerry with setting new boundaries.

• He just does the Jerry thing and I sdjbgseirdjgb

I don't really know where my anger is centered on with him it just kind of that he has qualities that just kind of guh

I really want Maria to fight him but I really just want anyone to fight Jerry. Let the fighting begin!

If you don't mind could explain your anger with Jerry? xD

• Some people just push your buttons.

You know, the funny thing is there's a submitted character that wants to kill Jerry XD

He just does the Jerry thing and I sdjbgseirdjgb I don't really know where my anger is centered on with him it just kind of that he has q

• WHAT WHO IS THIS? I NEED TO SHAKE THEIR HAND

Some people just push your buttons. You know, the funny thing is there's a submitted character that wants to kill Jerry XD

• supersagig submitted Clarice Willows - whom for reasons I don't can't to say - wants to kill Jerry.

WHAT WHO IS THIS? I NEED TO SHAKE THEIR HAND

• supersagig I respect you and Clarice Willows so much

Clarice Willows should kill Jerry. I'm super excited for her introduction now

supersagig submitted Clarice Willows - whom for reasons I don't can't to say - wants to kill Jerry.

• [Let Atlanta die, saving himself and Jerry.]

• [Take the shot and save Atlanta, but risk his and Jerry’s safety.]

I guess Jerry will be safe either way, so the choice is more like Safe Atlanta/Safe Anthony. However, in my opinion Anthony is a better man than Jerry (which is not hard) and I really don't want him to become as cowardly and self-righteous as Jerry. My opinion on him already suffered a bit after he just gave up on Josie and Dean, but I still believe that he is a far better person than Jerry could ever hope to be. Leaving a girl to die would be the Jerry choice here and I won't take the Jerry choice just because it would safe my character.

• XD

supersagig I respect you and Clarice Willows so much Clarice Willows should kill Jerry. I'm super excited for her introduction now

• [Take the shot and save Atlanta, but risk his and Jerry’s safety]

• [Take the shot and save Atlanta]

Sign in to comment in this discussion.