Quest for Loot and Glory - A Borderlands Interactive FanFiction - [OFFICIALLY UNCANCELLED]

Comments

• Crips, you still alive there... or... something?

• edited June 2015

No, he's dead.

In fact, this fanfic is dead.

RIP

Karnedg2013 posted: »

Crips, you still alive there... or... something?

• Alt text

Mistercrit posted: »

No, he's dead. In fact, this fanfic is dead. RIP

• How are you Karnedg? :D

Hi!

• Hi!

Crips posted: »

Hi.

• Btw, you should get some explanations, but I don't care lol.

Chapter today or early tomorrow...or a bit later tomorrow. Gah, we'll see.

• I'm very happy and "doing something fabulous" ^^

8 Days and we get "Something about TWD" at E3 :)

YAAAAAAAY!

How're YOU, dude?

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!

How are you Karnedg?

• I missed our talk-things in TWD-thread :')

How are you Karnedg?

• Well then...People will wait a little longer, because it's still some time until Ep2 ends. While I was gone, I planned the whole thing. >:D

"Episode 3 'TFTB' don't be released until you finish your episode 2"

• Doing something fabolous?

Sounds very sinister xD

I'm very happy and "doing something fabulous" ^^ 8 Days and we get "Something about TWD" at E3 YAAAAAAAY! How're YOU, dude? duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!

• "Episode 3 'TFTB' don't be released until you finish your episode 2" :D

Btw, you should get some explanations, but I don't care lol. Chapter today or early tomorrow...or a bit later tomorrow. Gah, we'll see.

• edited June 2015

Super funny for me :D

Alt text

Doing something fabolous? Sounds very sinister xD

• edited June 2015

I see what you did there ;>

Well then...People will wait a little longer, because it's still some time until Ep2 ends. While I was gone, I planned the whole thing. >:D

• Ayy, it's back on track!

Btw, you should get some explanations, but I don't care lol. Chapter today or early tomorrow...or a bit later tomorrow. Gah, we'll see.

• I started writing, new character's gonna be introduced in the new chapter. Guess who?

• Well i hope it is bruce but i do not think so

I started writing, new character's gonna be introduced in the new chapter. Guess who?

• ( ? ) Did you just throw a chair at Lilith?

Hank

I was blindfolded by rage. I wanted to murder this red-headed biatch. In a flow of unspeakable anger, I grabbed the chair I was sitting on before, I raised it and threw it at the siren. Surprised, she still managed to dodge that and looked at me with disbelief as the chair landed on the floor with a big bang. Axton dropped his jaw, just like everyone in the room, even folks from my team. As I looked at them, my brain processed what I have done. After a long moment of unpleasant silence, I scratched the back of my head and let out an awkward laugh, feeling terrible and kinda scared.

''Well...Heh...I admit, that wasn't the best plan...heh, y'know, mistakes happen...'' I said and raised a fake smile to stop anyone in this room from murdering me. Lilith's face at that moment was more stormed than any storm you could ever see in Eridium's Blight...

''MISTAKES...! MISTAKES HAPPEN?! YOU F#$%ING HYPOCRITE!!!!!'' Lilith screamed so loud I almost became deaf. I looked at Mary, who gave me a serious look.

''Uhm, Hank, a word of advice, you better run...'' She said. Yeah, that was probably a good idea. Better than mine just now, anyway. I looked into Lilith's eyes and guess what I read from them? Yeah, I read a serious desire of gruesome and cruel murder of me. As she bit her lips, I knew that was a good time to run. I ran out of the headquarters, started to running across the town between the houses. She was right behind me, I could feel her unfresh breath on my back. I took a sudden turn to a nearby alley with hope of losing her, but she saw me. And here's a lesson for the kids; don't look back. I was looking back at her the entire way in the alley, while there was a big frickin' dumpster in front of me. I ran right into it and the pain I felt, oh boy...I fell onto the ground and she obviously caught me. We had a very tiring fight, she tried to get into my eyes, but I managed to block her hands, but as my shoulders grew tired, she took her opening and freed her hand, scratching my face with her sharp claws...I mean, nails. The only finger she didn't scratch me with was her thumb, so I had four very visible scars across my cheek...She then took her pistol from her pocket and pointed it at my face. She looked so furious and creepy...

''You ARE gonna complete this mission, Hyperion scum. I don't know what are your reasons for suicide to attack me like that, but don't think I had anything in common with this choice...It was Axton's idea to try you out, so attacking ME was a really bad idea!'' She said, or yelled, I should say. I think she was bluffing, but I don't know. I mean, Axton said himself that the mission was difficult, so who else would they left to die but me...But I played along and with sweat running across my forehead, I nodded.

''Fine. And thanks for the scars. Just let me say something...Y-You're really mistaken about Hyperion...Some employees aren't Handsome Jacks, y'know--'' I tried to explain, but it had no use in the end.

''The hell they aren't. Y'all just the same'', she said, interrupting my precious speech.

''L-Lilith, hey Lilith...Y-Y-You're just in denial...I've been on Helios and there are a couple of employees that aren't bloodthirsty killers...Like Tommen, Dr. What, Rhys, Vaughn...You know, not everyone would kill Roland in Handsome Jack's sho--'' I said and realized what a huge mistake I've just done, when she pulled the trigger and made a warning shot, hitting some rooftop with a bullet.

''Don't. Go. There.'' Lilith said with her eyes closed, like she was stopping a flow of tears getting out of her eye sockets. She opened them and they were surprisingly dry, then she stood up and started to walk away from me, leaving me in total confusion. Before she left the alley though, she stopped and looked at me.

''Now go do the mission, killer. Perhaps there will be a reward for each member of the party you'll be in. Don't think it will be a lot of cash, though. No siree.'' She said and walked away. My face and chest hurt, but I managed to get up and with and left while still shaking. Not far from where I was, the party I was supposed to cooperate with was present and getting ready. So there was Zer0, Krieg, Brick, Garrus and Mary. As I mentioned before, I didn't look positively at the teamplay with Krieg and Brick. I'd rather have only Mary, Garrus and Zer0 in the team and we'd still kick ass. But whatever, as unjust as it was, I had to accept it. Note for self: Never try to throw chairs at arrogant sirens ever again, it's just not good for your health...And your face.

''Oh my God, Hank, you're fine! Thank the heavens. We saw relatively calm Lilith passing through, we thought she finished her murder'', Mary said as she noticed me. I gave her a weak smile.

''You underestimate me, Mary. I am fine, but...been better.'' I said, my weak smile vanishing. I looked at my fun little group. There was Zer0 who was looking at me and shaking his head (he clearly doesn't know what I'm feeling, his nature is just too calm), there was Krieg excited for murder, Brick who was...what a shock...excited for murder, Garrus was chuckling at me and Mary who I was just talking to. Great. What a delightful company to have at your side.

''We should get moving/The sun is going down/Time to retrieve the mole.'' Zer0 said in his haiku thingie form. I nodded. We were on our way.

40 minutes later...

The landscape around was very pretty. Near the bandits' camp we were supposed to attack was a very lovely river that went down the mountain,as the camp was obviously at the top of a mountain. A lovely green grassy area without even a little bit of snow, that's probably why this place amused me. Shame it will turn into a bloody battlefield in a couple of minutes. We were hiding and planning what should we actually do.

''That is simple./Our friend Brick will destroy the gate with his body./We're gonna cover him.'' Zer0 simply said. And it really sounded simple, the way he put it. I think everyone agreed. We ran out of the cover and stood next to the gate as if nothing was happening. The bandits guarding it didn't seem very amused.

''Oi! There's some suns'o'bitches in front of the gate!'', One of the guards yelled with a really funny accent. I could hear footsteps. Reinforcements were coming.

''Now!'', Garrus yelled and we started shooting. And in a matter of seconds, a shitload of guards climbed up the walls surrounding the camp with a simple motive to kill us. We were shooting, but we were also shot at. Luckily, all of us had good or at least decent shield. Even more luckily, Brick had the best shield in the group. Huh, he really is a berserker. More bandits died, but even more came along, as Brick was running into the gate, meaning to destroy it with the power of body slam but it was taking a lot of time and a lot of bullets...for us. But he didn't seem to mind and he happily rushed into the gate few more times, now ruining it completely. We ran inside and man...I've never seen more bandits in one place in my entire life. They were everywhere, bullets also were everywhere. We rushed into the middle of the camp where the leader was torturing a boy with a couple of his asshole servants. He looked at us as we were coming closer.

''WHAT THE FU--'' He yelled before getting a bullet into his chest, falling down on his knees and then his face landed right into a little puddle of mud. That was hilarious. We killed the rest of the torturers and went into defensive mode. No signs of the mole, as nobody was wearing a deformed helmet, as Axton put it. All of them were just wearing masks that were similiar to one another. I freed the boy that was tortured and the rest just kept shooting. Mary approached me.

''Check if he's okay, Hank. Everyone else, defend each other! I'm looking for the mole! Garrus, I'll need a hand, come help me!'', she commanded and me and Garrus nodded at the same time. As they ran away, entering a building right behind my back, I turned my head onto the boy. He was beaten and cut very badly. He had blue eyes, blonde hair and a face full of scars and marks, blood visibly coming out of his mouth. He had no shirt, his chest had also scars and marks and even some cuts. Overall, he was very red. His wrists were also red, probably because from the parts of rope I just freed him from. As he looked at me, I think he was relatively happy as he realized he can move his hands around, but badly coughed blood.

''H-hey, dude'' He said.

''Hey...Who are you? Are you okay?'' I asked with a nervous tone of voice.

''I'm...cough I'm Ryan...Listen, do you know a man named Travis?'' He asked.

''Yes, we're friends actually. He's at Siren's Heaven right now. Why?'' I answered a question with another question.

''I know who killed his father!'' He said out of the blue with a very dramatic tone of voice. Well, that was getting interesting. I felt sorry for Travis, but never really cared about his dad's murderer. Now this Ryan guy claimed to know who stood behind the intrigue. I dunno if I could trust him, that was really sudden, but I decided to hear him out anyway.

''It's...cough It's been almost eight years since he dissapeared...cough I didn't know why he did, but...when I noticed a grave behind his home...and that his father was also nowhere to be cough found...And that his father's sniper rifle was missing...I understood it all...I've spent years trying to investigate that and also find Travis...cough I have come into a conclusion. Travis dad's murderer is G--'' He tried to say, but started to cough and spit blood repeatedly. I think he was choking on blood (duh).

''G? G what? I can't go much further with that...Come on, spit it out!'' I said, not realizing what a horrible and dirty pun I made. He just kept coughing and choking and then...he died. Well, that was unnecessarly dramatic, but I was sad. I was that sad that I decided to bury Ryan even if we were in a middle of a shootout...Suddenly, we were approached by Mary and Garrus who brought a guy in a steel, deformed helmet along...I understood it was the mole.

''Oh no...Ryan died? Goddamn it, I hoped to release him when everything's over...'' The mole said.

''I want to bury him. Not now, that'd be suicide. But I want to escape with his body and do it later.'' I said.

''Bro, you wanna bury someone on Pandora? People die every minute, besides carrying a body is too much of a burden...You'll be slowed down and you won't be able to carry a gun, let alone shoot from it, and we really need additional bullets'' The mole insisted.

''Well, I kinda agree about burying him'' Garrus said.

''Oh fuck it, people, you're suicidal! And we must hurry! They cannot know that I am a traitor or they will report it to Spook!'' The guy said. Well, it was my decision. He is right that me carrying dead Ryan will be dangerous for me and the group and we definitely don't want anyone else to die today, but on the other hand, that's just a right thing to do...And Travis might ruin my bones for not treating this guy correctly, they were most probably friends...And he will probably hear of this...

[Carry Ryan's body out of the camp, risk someone else's life]

[Leave Ryan here, risk Travis hearing of this]

• [Carry Ryan's body out of the camp, risk someone else's life]

( ? ) Did you just throw a chair at Lilith? Hank I was blindfolded by rage. I wanted to murder this red-headed biatch. In a flow of un

• [Leave Ryan here, risk Travis hearing of this]

Meh, I'm sure he'll understand.

( ? ) Did you just throw a chair at Lilith? Hank I was blindfolded by rage. I wanted to murder this red-headed biatch. In a flow of un

• [Carry Ryan's body out of the camp, risk someone else's life] Nice that you inclouded Vaughn and Rhys

• [Carry Ryan's body out of the camp, risk someone else's life]

Poor Ryan D:

Nolonius posted: »

[Carry Ryan's body out of the camp, risk someone else's life] Nice that you inclouded Vaughn and Rhys

• I love this duo so much I couldn't let that opportunity pass ^^

[Carry Ryan's body out of the camp, risk someone else's life] Nice that you inclouded Vaughn and Rhys

• New part hype, woohoo!

He is already dead, I'm sure he won't object being turned into a shiny meat bicycle by the bandits. And Travis has to understand that decision. No need to risk lives for a dead guy.

• [Leave Ryan here, risk Travis hearing of this]

• Just a heads up, I am moving this fan fiction thread to the Forum Games section over at Telltale Talk.

• Aight

Just a heads up, I am moving this fan fiction thread to the Forum Games section over at Telltale Talk.

• Crips, what is it with you and creepy avatars?

Aight

• Nick just keeps an eye on me ^^ Alvin on the second hand...

Pipas posted: »

Crips, what is it with you and creepy avatars?

• Such avatar, much creepy

Nick just keeps an eye on me ^^ Alvin on the second hand...

• So...uhm...I wanted to write a new chapter, but I noticed there's a tie, so gotta motivate people to vote again...

There will be a reward for fixing this tie!

• Then I'll vote again.

There, tie fixed. :-P

So...uhm...I wanted to write a new chapter, but I noticed there's a tie, so gotta motivate people to vote again... There will be a reward for fixing this tie!

• Lol okay, your reward will be your character having a bigger role at the end of this episode than just showing up and tearing posters down ^^

Then I'll vote again. [Leave Ryan here, risk Travis hearing of this] There, tie fixed. :-P

• Dammit i Just saw the post !

Lol okay, your reward will be your character having a bigger role at the end of this episode than just showing up and tearing posters down ^^

• Good, good.

Alt text

Lol okay, your reward will be your character having a bigger role at the end of this episode than just showing up and tearing posters down ^^

• Who ist your Character?

Good, good.

• His character is Gerard Drake.

Who ist your Character?

• Oh ok

His character is Gerard Drake.

• I'm so hyped for the next chapter it's not even funny

• edited June 2015

(?) You left his body behind.

Hank

I knew this is not the best thing to do, Travis will probably hate my guts for this, but I'd rather see one dead man without a proper burial that more dead men...also without a proper burial. I just nodded with a sad puppy face and told the mole to guide us, leaving Ryan on the ground, his mouth wet from all this blood he had. The mole told us to follow him by a hand gesture and we did. We ran out of the camp through a hole in the wall and jumped into the river, the flow was fast and I felt like I was drowning, but that was actually a pretty decent way to escape. I could sense that the reinforcements entered the camp, but all they're gonna see is a bunch of dead bodies...Yeah, uhm, you-know-who's body too. I lost conciousness at some point but I wake up again on the side of a river, my friends nearby.

''YESSS WE FUCKING DID IT! EAT MY SHIT BANDITS!'' The mole shouted and I began to recognize his shouting voice from somewhere...Apparently, so did Mary. She put two and two together, as it seems.

''Wait...Deformed helmet...Excited tone of voice...Who are you? Are you...Sordo?'' She asked. As I looked at the deformed helmet of the guy, I also noticed that. It...it indeed was Sordo! Yes, I was 90% sure of that at this point. I thought that guy blew up at the Scooter's Catch-A-Ride station explosion, but I haven't seen the body, so nothing was there for sure.

''BITCH YOU GUESSED IT! HAH! You was right...Indeed, I am Sordo. At least that's how I believe my mother called me...although I don't remember if I had one.'' Sordo replied. Garrus have him a mocking grin.

''So you basically had two fathers?'' Garrus asked jokingly. Sordo looked at him, approached him and looked at him with judging eyes and they stood there in complete silence, storm was coming. But surprisingly, he didn't hit him in the face. Surprised and scared eyes of Garrus luckily weren't hurt, the mole just left him standing, probably trying to forget about what he just said.

''Let's go to Urine's Heavy...or whatever you call your place'', Sordo commented. I chuckled.

''And on the way, I'm gonna tell you everything about Spook's plans'' He added.

Eagle

What a beautiful day. Sun was shining on the sky, people were walking around the streets of this beautiful city, some were working here, some went to Sanctuary. I was pretty shocked to see Hank throwing a chair at Lilith, but I laughed immediately as they both ran out of the headquarters, that was frickin' hilarious, he served us some comedy gold! But aside from that, this day has proved to be a rather fucked up one, first the Skag-Pie's mission which almost cost me my dar life from the hands of mere bandits (an assassin could not experience worse shame) to later be saved by your far younger friend (normally an assassin would cry over his stained honour at this point) and then, when I came to the camp, except getting money, I also got a nice but brutal exchange of words with Axton with whom I'd rather not screw with - but this ain't over! At the end of all that, I became ill, I started coughing and sneezing, my nose runny more than my ass ever was aaaand more coughing. I was recommended to go to Doctor Zed's Hoespital (get it, HOES and HOSPITAL? that pun is fucking terrible) rather than buying an insta-heal as the insta-heal my not stop my runny nose which I wanted to stop in the first place. So I went there, because why not.

The building was not actually placed within Siren Heaven's walls, I heard it's because Dr. Zed wanted to build an actual hospital and there was no more room avalaible in the city, so he built it on a cliff nearby, like 300 metres away. The building looked horrible from a distance, but it was actually pretty cozy inside. Long hallways, toilets, waiting benches, some advertising posters, warnings and instructions. I sat on a bench, waiting for my turn. The frickin' hospital had two or three floors but it all was ran by a single person. Impressive, I must say. Minutes passed as I was waiting and finally it was my turn. I entered Dr. Zed's office and it was also surprisingly cozy for a madman like Zed. There was a human skeleton in the corner, a desk, two chairs, another desk, a plant, ''award for the most effective doctor in the history of Pandora'' diploma signed by a guy named Dr. Oetker, a window and some jars...I don't know what was in them, at best it could be a cucumber juice or something...there was also another door leading to somewhere.

''Ah, yes, uhm, another client...Is your condition serious? I really need to get back at the operation hall...I left the poor guy's guts left out'', the doctor said.

DR. ZED

The most effective doctor on Pandora? Yes. The most merciful? Far from that!

''Well, actually, it's not that serious but annoys the shit out of me'' I replied with a weak voice, kind of confused as to what was happening.

''Good. Umm, stay here, I really need to finish that operation. I'm gonna give you medicaments when I'm done, you can help the Computer Guy in the room nearby, okay bye'' He said, leaving me with my jaw dropped and ran off like there was a fire. I entered the room through the door I mentioned earlier and saw...Mordecai trying to fix a computer.

''Come on you...ooogh...Launch My Documents again'' He said to the computer. He was having a bottle of cheap beer in his hand and there were several other bottles, emptied ones, on the floor

''Request denied. The problem doesn't lay there, idiot.'' An emotionless female voice replied.

''Why won't you just...hic...tell me what I need to fix and it would be fucking over!'', angry Mordecai said.

''If the computers were to help the computer technicians in solving problems, there would be no computer technicians. If you can't solve this problem, you're a lame technician, therefore you should not be called the Computer Guy by the community. Also, the solution is very easy.'' The sassy computer voice replied. Mordecai sighed.

''I will beat you...hic...I'll solve your ridd-Oh hey, totally didn't see you there, friend! Would you like to help me?! ...hic'', Mordecai said as he spotted I entered the room.

MORDECAI

Computer Guy. Currently mourning Bloodhawk's death. He never stopped, actually.

''What's up, Mordecai?'' I asked friendly.

''Aww, give me a damn break, Zed told me to fix his personal computer he keeps in here...buuuut...that slutty computer won't tell me what's the problem...and I can't guess for myself. I'm mourning Bloodhawk.'' He replied.

''Fuck this, I just--'' He tried to say, but suddenly fell to sleep. That was weird. I decided to help the poor guy and started to mess around the computer, coughing. There was no connection to the Internet, but...Found the solution almost immediately. Looks like automatic login to Echo Net was turned off in some way and they didn't notice it. I logged into the Echo Net and switched the automatic login back on.

''Well, you're smart. Smarter than him. My system was turned off entirely during a sandstorm not so long ago. Dr. Zed was too busy to notice that through all these days but when he did, he called Mordecai. The results of this you see today.'' The computer voice said. I chuckled. What the hell...

I decided to surf on the echonettia.com which is a new version of Facebook after Facebook was completely shut down by the Anonymous Group 100 years ago when they bought much better hacking program. Now the Echo Corporation has so many money income from rebuilding that site...Anyway, I found Hugo P. Vasquez's post on the main page (apparently Dr. Zed liked and followed his account - why?) The guy wrote something like this: ''Guys, don't trust this Spook guy, he's kind of an asshole, he has been sending me threats of taking some old Handsome Jack's Hyperion factory...rebuilding a Mars or some crazy shit like that...I call a prize for this guy's head. Two thousand dollars only as I recently lost 10 million. Ciao.'' This post had also almost six thousand likes.

''Mars? Oh no.'' The computer said.

''What?'' I asked.

''I once was an AI serving for the factory leaders this guy is talking about. Mars was a very high-tech deadly renovation of Saturn, an oversized loader bot. If Spook's gonna use that, it means no good news for us. Oh, uhm, also, you got a message'' The computer replied. I was interested in this Mars thing, but then she showed me a message. A girl from a date site called echoinglove.com on which Dr. Zed apparently had an account on wrote this:

''Scorch74: Hey there, Zed. You seem like a nice man. I have heard of you. I have seen your account and even though our age difference is ridiciolously huge, I'd like to meet. Respond to me ASAP. :)''

Should I write a response? I mean, it's not my problem, but Zed's so busy he can easily avoid meeting the love of his life...

[Write a response]

[''It is not my concern.'']

Sign in to comment in this discussion.