The 58th Annual Hunger Games: An Interactive fan fiction

Comments

• Conner is not a carrier

They shall fear our axes, Liquid! Death to the carriers... especially Conner..

• Man i love this i made the most hateble character ever :D

TWD_stan posted: »

I really like all of the characters and it sucks that 23 of them are going to die soon :c (well except Connor, he can go kill himself ._.)

• Yay! :D

TWD_25 posted: »

Starting the next part!

• Muhahaha

Purugly posted: »

[Target the girl from 7] Always kill the fan favourites

• edited March 2015

Emily: District 4

Part 7/12

Day three of training

After lunch, we’re called to a private training with the gamemakers. District by district, first the boy, then female tribute. The only careers remaining are John and I. I hated the others, not John of course, but the others. I knew they didn’t like me, they thought I was weak, I’d be the career partner they wanted dead.

And that’s exactly what I wanted.

This is the real Emily speaking, not the fake Emily in these Games. That girl doesn’t exist.

Ever since the reapings, I’ve been playing a role. I’ve known how to tie knots well beyond my years since I was seven. Been an expert at spears since I was eleven. And when I turned twelve I made up a scenario in my head that if I ever got reaped, I would return home, each year becoming more detailed than the last.

Three years of planning, I know it’s crazy, I’m willing to admit that. But you know what else is crazy? Twenty-three kids dead, and the chance of one of them being me. No fucking way would I let that be me. I even made a short list if this became a reality.

Item one: Cry during reapings. Check, there was room for improvement though, looking back at it, I wouldn’t pity myself, I was such a mess it was just funny to look at.

Item two: Become likable, quick. I can’t credit this to myself though. I owe this to my amazing stylist though. The opening ceremonies instantly made me a name to remember.

Item three: Train alone and train terribly incase anyone was watching me. I’ll admit I did stray from this at the knot tying station the first day. When the boy from three walked up to my station I had to quickly untie the expert knot I had been working on. He believed it luckily.

Item four: My personal favorite, make friends with your tribute partner. He’ll defend me while I go on with this ‘defenseless damsel’ phase from anyone that comes within ten feet of me. But what if he’s an asshole? What if he doesn’t want you? You may ask. I’ve been planning this for years now, I’ve devised dozens of options, but let’s not worry about that. All that matters is that I’m set now until the end now.

John comforts fake Emily until it’s finally his turn. He rises.

“You’re going to do great.” I give him a nervous smile.

“You will too Emily, you just have to try.” He says as he enters the gymnasium, the doors close behind him.

Oh yes, I’ll try to do terrible. I think to myself.

I think these terrible thoughts about John. But if I were to die, I would want John to win

Minutes pass. The people around me talk. I sit alone in silence, thinking about how I’ll make it look like I’m trying, without trying. After about fifteen minutes, they call me up. I get up, pull my hair back into a ponytail and head for the gymnasium.

I’m glad I’m district four, I’ll still be fresh in their minds. She’s a career? But she can barely throw a spear? She’s so bad at knot tying! Does she even know how to tie her shoes? All those thoughts that will linger when they score me.

Almost instinctively, I head for the spears. I grab one, feeling the sharp tip to it’s edge. It’s a shame I never got to use these. They’re all so beautiful, better than those at home, probably more accurate too.

There’s a dummy. I’d get highest points for piercing the head or heart, so I go for the leg, I don’t want to get a one or something too low, I’m aiming for mediocre, maybe a four or five. Hence the reason I aimed for the foot, though it still pierced and would cripple an opponent. Maybe I’ll just miss the thing entirely next time.

For the next several throws I make a pattern. Hit the dummy, miss the dummy. I think they believe it, they’re jotting down notes until it’s my time to be dismissed. The thought arises for me to start crying again, that way they really will count me as a weakling, obviously the girl that cried in training isn't going to get a good score.

[Start crying] [Do nothing]

• YOUY :)

Starting the next part!

• edited March 2015

[Start crying]

Holy shet, we gotta ourselves an evil genius over here. Actually, I'm not even mad, that's amazing! And a goddamn impressive gambit she had pulled off there. I was convinced that she was nothing more than a genuinely nice girl. Naturally, I'm excluding her from my list of careers whose death I'm not actively rooting for (now holding one and a half career), but that does not mean I'm not impressed.

Emily: District 4 Part 7/12 Day three of training After lunch, we’re called to a private training with the gamemakers. District by

• Sure you get mad at Connor because hes evil but poor Emily ....nah

[Start crying] Holy shet, we gotta ourselves an evil genius over here. Actually, I'm not even mad, that's amazing! And a goddamn impressi

• The thing is, Emily's not actively trying to kill people and target them. All she did was make a strategy to stay alive.

Lord_EAA posted: »

Sure you get mad at Connor because hes evil but poor Emily ....nah

• edited March 2015

The difference between her and Connor is the impressive fact that Emily managed to trick me as a reader. Connor will maybe manage to trick other tributes into appearing harmless, but I'm pretty sure he won't trick any reader, unlike the personified cunning that is Emily. That girl is so much above the elaborate plans of Connor that a tiny part of me actually thinks she would deserve victory for this. Of course, I want Cheyenne, Sasha or especially Alara to win far more, but still, I can't deny that Emily is a very impressive schemer.

Sure you get mad at Connor because hes evil but poor Emily ....nah

• You know its sad when even the writer hates my guy . But i love it :D

The thing is, Emily's not actively trying to kill people and target them. All she did was make a strategy to stay alive.

• edited March 2015

Fair point. But then again i agree with you i just wanted to know what you would reply

The difference between her and Connor is the impressive fact that Emily managed to trick me as a reader. Connor will maybe manage to trick o

• [Do nothing]

Emily: District 4 Part 7/12 Day three of training After lunch, we’re called to a private training with the gamemakers. District by

• Coming?

ComingSoon posted: »

[Do nothing]

• [Start crying]

HOLY SHIT.

• I actually wasn't expecting so much hate for Connor.

You know its sad when even the writer hates my guy . But i love it

• That just means hes a good villain :)

I actually wasn't expecting so much hate for Connor.

• [Start crying]

• Starting the next part!

• YOUY.....why am i the only one who says that?

Starting the next part!

• YAY!

Starting the next part!

• edited June 2016

Part 8/12

Satina Morello: District 1

After dinner, we’re seated around the television, waiting for scores to be announced on television. They show a photo of Tiger’s face, the number eight is flashing around on screen. Our mentor and stylists congratulate him. Even I congratulate him. But my eyes are still fixed on the television

Then it’s me. My face flashes on screen, and it feels like an eternity to wait for my score. I want to claw my eyes open, this needs to be good. When suddenly the score of eleven flashes on screen. The entire first floor is in a frenzy of excitement. I'm being slapped in the back, cheered and congratulated. It's surreal. I would be the one to beat.

Ash: District 2

An eleven!? I turn to Celia with the same shocked look in her face. Even though she’s my partner I can’t help but resent every bit of her. Next up is me, I see my face and hope for the best. The number ten comes up

I feel my body turn red, my hands clutch into a fists. Satina Morello with an eleven? I will kill her, as soon as the numbers start to dwindle I will kill her first. Celia is up next. The number nine flashes on screen and Celia flashes a fake smile, she's bitter but she's still up there with the best.

George: District 3

I'm next. I sit in anticipation for my score when the number one emerges.

A one.

There’s no coming back now. I’m dead. I’m dead! Next up is Alisha. She’s not much better, the number two flashes on her picture. This is the end.

John: District 4

I hold Emily in my arms. She’s been bawling all day. I'm up next, I take a deep breath. When I see a nine flashing on the screen.

Nine.

“You did so good!” Emily tries to keep positive.

“So will you.” I try to cheer her up a bit. She gives me a forced half smile. “Sure John.”

And at that moment I wish I had taken never said that. A five flashes on screen.

“How are you feeling.” I ask?

Emily tries to wipe out the excess tears with her hand. “I’ve accepted it.” She sighs. She lays her head in my shoulder. Did she just smirk?

Miah: District 5

It’s Cain’s turn. I’ve been counting the scores. I know I didn’t do well but I’m confident I didn’t get the worst score. That belongs to the boy from three. The number five flashes, it’s mediocre. I know I’m next, I clench onto the seat cushions, awaiting my number.

It’s a six!

I shouldn’t be extactic. Anybody with a seven or up could kill me.

Zelos: District 6

I’m up.

“We can work with that.” Our mentor tries comforting me. I don’t mind, the moment I volunteered I knew what I was doing, the goal was to keep Sasha safe, be a human shield for her.

And then they show a picture of Sasha. She’s beautiful, her amber eyes radiant. The score reads six. Okay, don’t worry. There has been tributes that won with much lower scores. She’s bound to get sponsors, they’ll keep her safe if I die.

Alara: District 7

I bite my nails, it’s a bad habit I’m guilty of when I’m nervous. I remember some nights back home in district seven, when I didn’t know where our next meal was coming, my nails would be cut down to the point of blood. There’s still some brown nail polish from the ceremonies I’ve chipped for the heck of it. But I continue biting.

When we see Troy’s picture on T.V, any talking going on before comes to a halt. I’m hoping he get’s a great score, he’s a good looking kid. With a good score he’ll make it pretty far. A nine emerges on screen. We’re all impressed, even me. But I don’t dare take my eyes of the T.V. When my picture emerges I’m hoping for at least a seven. Then the number ten is flashing up on screen.

A ten? I’m in utter shock, this places me in third, maybe second. Troy gives me a hug. It guilts me a little, why didn’t I have the decency to treat him like this?

Penny: District 8

Connor's face projected on screen. He was a sight for sore eyes. Beautiful emerald eye, fire red hair, he was fine. But a complete lunatic who needed to be killed as soon as possible. The number four shows up.

I scoot away from him almost instinctively, everyone does. Nobody likes Connor not even our stylists. I can't help but smirk, but I refrain from it, because I already know I have one of the lowest scores.

A picture emerges, blonde wavy hair, brown eyes. That's me. I have a one.

Omri: District 9

Suddenly I saw red hair, and it wasn’t the boy from district eight. I gripped Harvest by the hand. Hoping for the best. Expecting the worst. The number three flashes up. My throat is in a tight lump. My stylist, Idum tries to comfort me. “At least you’re not the worst score.”

I turn around. “I’m still going to die.” I hiss, I knew it. Just about anybody could kill me.

Harvest is up next. She looks like the female version of me, it’s odd that we’re not related. A two pops up in front of her face.

“The games aren’t always about skill. Sometimes you just have to be a little lucky.” Our mentor, Sunnoria Cornson said. Easy for her to say, she was loaded with sponsors and had one of the easiest games.

Cheyenne: District 10

I’m hoping things turned out alright for Buck. I’ve seen a pattern going, the tributes are either really good or really bad. Bucks face shows up, he’s one of the bigger tributes. Which is why it suprises me when he get’s a seven. Regardless, our entire team is cheering for him.

Now it’s on to me, a photo of me is on T.V, I’m so small looking. So much smaller than Buck, one of my hands grips onto Buck’s shoulder and doesn’t let go. An eight is projected on the screen.

An eight!

Hestia Pensworth let’s out a shriek of joy. I think that’s the first time I’ve heard her rasie her voice. In a moment, my team of stylist, Hestia, Angus and even Buck are gathered around me, congratulating me, cheering for me.

“Those careers better watch out!” Hestia says and gives me a hug. “Oh my, this is absolutely splendid!”

Durian: District 11

My eyes dart up to Soya, her face still had that hard rock edge from earlier today. I wish we never watched it. Her games were set in some rainforest, fourteen tributes were killed that bloodbath. She never stopped mourning the boy from eleven after he died. And I don't know how but for the most part, she retained her humanity. Only killing the girl from one.

My photo is on T.V, I wonder who's watching this eleven. The number six emerges. Soya gives me a hug. "Plenty of people have won with lower scores, don't count yourself out yet sweetie." She whispers. I sit back up when Clementine is shown on T.V. Short, dark skin like Soya and I, thick brown hair and a wide set of eyes. The number four comes out.

Colton District 12

A couple of people stick in my head. The careers with an eight to eleven range. The boy and girl from seven, the twelve year old with an eight. That's a very impressive score. My name is up next, it's actually calming to go last. I can't be the worst, that's the girl and boy from eight. I won't beat the girl from one with an eleven. And suddenly then I see a five.

Five, mediocre at best but people much worse off have won. I try not to let it get to me. Lilly is the last one up. A short, angular black haircut is the first noticeable thing about Lilly, she earns a five.

FINAL SCORES:

1st: Santina with a mace 11/12

2nd: Ash with a sword 10/12

3rd: Alara with a throwing axe 10/12

4th: John with a spear 9/12

5th: Troy with a blade 9/12

6th: Celia with throwing knives 9/12

7th: Tiger with knives 8/12

8th: Cheyenne with knives 8/12

9th: Zelos with camouflage 7/12

10th: Buck with strength 7/12

11th: Sasha with some sword skills 6/12

12th: Durian could identify all the edible plants. 6/12

13th: Miah with her strategies 6/12

14th: Lilly with her stealth and speed 5/12

15th: Colton with his strength 5/12

16th: Cain with his knowledge 5/12

17th: Connor had limited knowledge with a sword, but was clearly psychotic. 5/12

18th: Emily with her skills in spears 5/12

19th: Clementine could identify some of the plants 4/12

20th: Omri struggled to use a spear 3/12

21st: Harvest tried to use a bow and accidentaly punched herself in the face 2/12

22nd: Alisha tried to use a knife. 2/12

23rd: Penny with no skills 1/12

24th: George with no skills 1/12

It's two A.M here, it won't be this bad in the morning.

• Did you get my pm?

Part 8/12 Satina Morello: District 1 After dinner, we’re seated around the television, waiting for scores to be announced on televisio

• Thanks

Yes, I just did.

• ?

Part 8/12 Satina Morello: District 1 After dinner, we’re seated around the television, waiting for scores to be announced on televisio

• Yes, I just did.

Did you get my pm?

• ;-;

Man i love this i made the most hateble character ever

• [Start crying] MY CHARACTER IS SMART AS HELL HELLO YAY SHE EVEN GOT ME TRICKED

• edited March 2015

looks like emily succeeded and got her 5 >;)

• Yup I know that. I just want to see him die along with the carriers.

Conner is not a carrier

• Damn District 7 is going to be a huge target for the careers.

• I love that Satina got the highest!:D

I'm just nervous because it probably means she won't win

• edited March 2015

well at least the careers won't target lilly if she makes it out of the bloodbath c:

• edited March 2015

Oh god, I'm so happy right now for Alara. I mean, she will get targeted by the careers, that's a bad thing of course. But on the other hand, it's so awesome that she is basically better than 2/3rd of the career pact. Troy is also pretty awesome here, it's great that he is even above Celia. I love it when these smug careers don't get what they want. Maybe Alara even has a realistic chance of winning, if she survives the bloodbath. I'm also quite glad that we chose to make her run from the Cornucopia, because now she's going to get targeted for sure. She just shouldn't pull a Blight and run into the forcefield, but other than that her mentor gave her good advice. But I'm also happy for Cheyenne and her high score, though I fear for her safety very much. Maybe both of them can get some sponsors now that people see how good they are.

• Yeah but don't EVER confuse them Connor is WORSE than the carriers.

Yup I know that. I just want to see him die along with the carriers.

• Liquid don't you love how Connor apparently has almost no skill but they can already tell hes psycotic

Oh god, I'm so happy right now for Alara. I mean, she will get targeted by the careers, that's a bad thing of course. But on the other hand,

• George with no skills 1/12

poor gorg ;-;

• She must’ve fucked the Gamemakers, the fucking slut.

wat

• I do love this, yes! Apparently he can't even trick the gamemakers or his own district partner, though I'm curious if he maybe manages to trick the more gullible tributes. But with a score like this... a twelve year old with a knife got a higher score :D

Liquid don't you love how Connor apparently has almost no skill but they can already tell hes psycotic

• edited March 2015

Sorry if you're offended! It was kind of awkward to write. I was just trying to make him dislikable. D:

ComingSoon posted: »

She must’ve fucked the Gamemakers, the fucking slut. wat

Sign in to comment in this discussion.