Rhyiona vs. Rhysha?

Okay, I mentioned this once in the Official Rhysha thread but I'm making this thread so hopefully more people see it and can get me a better answer.

Which is better, Rhyiona or Rhysha? Why do you ship them? I'm looking for actual answers to this question mostly because I'm not shipping anyone yet and I'm wondering why people ship who they ship.

Keep in mind, I want this to be a civilized argument with valid points and reasoning. (I.E. their interaction in-game, and how it proves they like each other) So no flame wars, insulting or anything of that manner please. Also this thread isn't exclusively Rhyiona and Rhysha, feel free to express why you think other ships are better.

Telltale's community is by far the least toxic and most friendly community I have seen in gaming, so hopefully this works.

(i probably just poked the biggest bear on this website)

Comments

• Rhysha's moments are more romantic than Rhyiona's, and there is lots of them.

• Rhyiona has more not determinant ship worthy scenes, and they just look cute together. Plus Rhyiona is canon

• edited April 2015

i probably just poked the biggest bear on this website

Alt text

For the record I ship Rhyiona because I dig the whole love/hate thing.

• edited April 2015

I think I answered your question before on the Rhysha thread, but here it is again. I think they have more chemistry and obvious moments. There are two times (one determinate, but still reveals what Rhys is imagining) where she puts her hand on his shoulder. They have cute flirty moments trying to get the lift moving, namely the pinky promise, but even if that didn't happen, she'll still give Rhys some cute lines once he finished hacking the computers. She also protects him from bandits as he's on the phone with Vasquez.

Sasha will be concerned for Rhys as he's driving the caravan no matter who you decide for her to help, she'll even help Rhys over her own sister if you don't decide for her. Also, if you told Rhys that Sasha broke August's heart, he'll say he can see why and get nervous for a second. In my opinion that's enough clues that they're starting to like each other.

• I wouldn't say that, like Rhysha's, your biggest piece of evidence is a determinant scene. The whole Fiona grabs and holds onto Rhys' boot is determinant and only happens if you grab him as he's falling out.

Rhyiona has more not determinant ship worthy scenes, and they just look cute together. Plus Rhyiona is canon

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

None, I ship nothing, it's a sub category to Fan Fiction in my eyes and I cannot stand it. However the ships are being amusing currently.

• I HATE BOTH SHIPS.

• Rhyiona. Why? You can just clearly see all the signs. Fiona can keep Rhys' boot and give it back in a very flurtty manner. She constantly teases him and just more. So much more.

• edited April 2015

Rhysha is clearly the better ship.

Alt text
    Alt text
    Alt text
    Alt text

And for Rhyiona shippers, you can't even get Fiona's own voice actress to support it, you know what she supports, Rhysha.

• Actually our biggest would be at the beginning of episode 2, where they're sleeping together.

I wouldn't say that, like Rhysha's, your biggest piece of evidence is a determinant scene. The whole Fiona grabs and holds onto Rhys' boot is determinant and only happens if you grab him as he's falling out.

• Alt text

Honestly..... I gotta say I've grown to like Rhysha more. There seems to be more romantic moments with them and they have more of a connection :P. Also there is a good amount of evidence saying Rhys has a crush on sasha :P and vice versa.

• edited April 2015

Honestly..... I gotta say I've grown to like Rhysha more. There seems to be more romantic moments with them and they have more of a connection :P. Also there is a good amount of evidence saying Rhys has a crush on sasha :P and vice versa.

• Oh, you mean how they quickly try to get away from each other after they wake up and she spits on him after she discovers he drooled on her, oh, how romantic.

Green613 posted: »

Actually our biggest would be at the beginning of episode 2, where they're sleeping together.

• Tbh, that's quite romantic no matter how you look at it. xD And Sasha was trying to throw him out of the caravan. So it's 1:1 really.

Oh, you mean how they quickly try to get away from each other after they wake up and she spits on him after she discovers he drooled on her, oh, how romantic.

• Rhyiona. I just feel that they were meant for each other, no matter how far apart they get they always find their way back to each other. If they're lost in the desert or one is kidnapped, they always find their way back. I've also shipped Rhyiona since day 1 episode 1, it would be hard for me to let go. THAT is why I ship Rhyiona.

• What can I say? Opposites attract bruh.

Oh, you mean how they quickly try to get away from each other after they wake up and she spits on him after she discovers he drooled on her, oh, how romantic.

• Judging by his nervousness later and his body language I think it still means the same thing

Rhys does not say "I can see why", he says "I can see that". This line is not indicative that he has feelings for Sasha.

• By the time episode 4 comes out and waiting for episode 5 Im sure it will be insane

This shipping war reminds me too much of Lilly vs. Kenny

• Rhys does not say "I can see why", he says "I can see that". This line is not indicative that he has feelings for Sasha.

LoseMyHome posted: »

I think I answered your question before on the Rhysha thread, but here it is again. I think they have more chemistry and obvious moments. Th

• Clearly its all just a trick and they dont hate each other. Why would they make them selves so close and fall asleep on each other if they didnt trust each other?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• This shipping war reminds me too much of Lilly vs. Kenny

• Alt text

Why would they make them selves so close and fall asleep on each other if they didnt trust each other? Because this game is a comedy, it's meant to be a funny moment, not a romantic moment.

• Except it's all in good fun and neither side wants to rip each others throats out ;p

This shipping war reminds me too much of Lilly vs. Kenny

• Why would they make them selves so close and fall asleep on each other if they didnt trust each other?

Because this game is a comedy, it's meant to be a funny moment, not a romantic moment.

Poogers555 posted: »

Clearly its all just a trick and they dont hate each other. Why would they make them selves so close and fall asleep on each other if they didnt trust each other? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• edited April 2015

Fiona's own voice actress to support it

Rhys' VA didn't even know what the events that happened in episode 2 until he played it on that live stream, how do you expect Laura Bailey to ship Rhyiona if she doesn't know how much depth the ship can have?

Rhysha is clearly the better ship. And for Rhyiona shippers, you can't even get Fiona's own voice actress to support it, you know what she supports, Rhysha.

• edited April 2015

Personally, i prefer Rhysha. There were way more "cute" (ough nausea again) moments in both EP´s between Sasha and Rhys than with Fiona (unless drooling on someones shoulder or getting punched while being tied up counts as cute).

• Which is better, Rhyiona or Rhysha? Why do you ship them? I'm looking for actual answers to this question mostly because I'm not shipping anyone yet and I'm wondering why people ship who they ship.

You're trying to get a rational answers for irrational question. It's a feeling, liking something. There's nothing rational about that. I also believe there was some sort of an explanation how it all works and from that I've got that in short people like pairing/romances/whatever that they find perfect for themselves, so it muct be something they want to achieve themselves. Or something close to this at least.

• Personally, I ship Rhys/Fiona (Rhyiona). I like the antagonistic relationship that they can have with each other; bickering with each other on a constant basis.

Then again, a lot of scenes in the game (so far) are determinant. MetallicaRules is correct that grabbing Rhys' boot at the beginning of Atlas Mugged is determinant, but so is becoming friends with Sasha. You don't have to say you're friends with Rhys (if you choose to go to Hollow Point), you don't have to give Sasha the stun baton. It's just utterly determinant to the player.

At the end, it's just who you want to ship. Also, YES. You did poke the biggest bear on the Tales forums. Congrats.

• Because we can't have nice things.

• Yeah, why not both indeed. It's boring when it's only serious and not at least a bit funny.

• I agree if TT is monitoring this forums as closely as I think they are they will drag it up to the very ep 5 that is if they reslove this at all. I bet they're having a lots of laughs over our heroic struggle.
    This whole shipping war is staring to look a lot like Red vs Blue

By the time episode 4 comes out and waiting for episode 5 Im sure it will be insane

• So you're saying, even after voicing all her lines and playing the game herself, there aren't enough moments for her to truly understand why she should ship Rhyiona? Because I think that just hurts your argument.

Fiona's own voice actress to support it Rhys' VA didn't even know what the events that happened in episode 2 until he played it on t

• Rhys' VA didn't even know what the events that happened in episode 2 until he played it on that live stream

He voiced Rhys, he didn't even know the events that happened in episode 2. How does that hurt my argument? it's basic logic. :P

So you're saying, even after voicing all her lines and playing the game herself, there aren't enough moments for her to truly understand why she should ship Rhyiona? Because I think that just hurts your argument.

• Yeah but we're not talking about Troy Baker we're talking about Laura Baily? And she DID play at least some of the game before the live stream.

Rhys' VA didn't even know what the events that happened in episode 2 until he played it on that live stream He voiced Rhys, he didn't even know the events that happened in episode 2. How does that hurt my argument? it's basic logic. :P

• Ok? But you don't know if she looked at either ship in depth, which is what I'm getting at.

Yeah but we're not talking about Troy Baker we're talking about Laura Baily? And she DID play at least some of the game before the live stream.

• This thread will either become a neutral zone, or the largest battlefield.
    Anyways like my fellow Rhys shippers mentioned they have better chemistry than Rhys and Fiona, also the way Sasha treated Rhys changed dramatically from the beginning while Fiona have more or less similar attitude towards him.
    Also as the two main characters Rhys and Fiona will get less scenes with each other since it would be pointless from the story telling point of view to have them together all the time so my guess is that in Ep 3 we will get more Rhys and Sasha scenes again with Fiona and Van too.
    Also their current relationship is borderline all out war so even if something happened between them by this point it's mostly gone.

• Well Adam Harrington said he didn't know anything that happened in Wolf Among us until after he played despite voicing Bigby ;3

So you're saying, even after voicing all her lines and playing the game herself, there aren't enough moments for her to truly understand why she should ship Rhyiona? Because I think that just hurts your argument.

• You know where to find us ;)

• edited April 2015

Alright well I just didn't know what that had to do with Troy Baker.

I don't think you really need to weigh your options to decide on a ship. If she thinks Sasha and Rhys has better potential with what the game has given than Fiona and Rhys, without thinking into the depths of both, so be it. Some people just don't care that much, and looking into it most likely won't change their minds. That's how I started to ship Rhysha anyways.

Ok? But you don't know if she looked at either ship in depth, which is what I'm getting at.

• Again, I don't see how that argument is relevant to this. She played the game before she played the livestream, and she still confirmed she shipped Rhysha. Unless you're referring to future episodes?

Well Adam Harrington said he didn't know anything that happened in Wolf Among us until after he played despite voicing Bigby ;3

This discussion has been closed.