What if Rhys is actually gay?

What if Rhys is actually gay? Would he make a good couple with Vaughn?

Alt text

Comments

• Alt text

It's not like I have something against the idea, but what gives?

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxSI1QsIo8g

In all seriousness, there's a ton of evidence against it, so if you want it, sorry.

• edited June 2015

There is a poster of Moxxi in the Caravan that Rhys can look at which he responds with her not being " Not too shabby"

Edit: Forgot to put the keyword Not

• He was checking out that cute little outfit of hers of course.

Poogers555 posted: »

There is a poster of Moxxi in the Caravan that Rhys can look at which he responds with her not being " Not too shabby" Edit: Forgot to put the keyword Not

• The only thing supporting this theory is that the entire cast of Borderlands is very diverse in both race and the LGBT+ community, with plenty of heteros, homos, bis, even aces of all sorts. While its good that there is fair representation, its important that through writing his character is established.

People ship Rhyiona/Rhysha because of his odd and timeless interactions with the two. Sure he could just be him being "friendly" but when analyzed there definitely could be deeper meanings. And, admittedly, with Vaughn/Handsome Jack, Rhys does make a note of Vaughn's abs (though you'd be surprised too if your short nerdy best friend was ripped as hell) and actually has a ton of Handsome Jack posters (obsession, or simply admiration?).

So, while the chance of him being gay isn't impossible, the interactions between him and Sasha/Fiona suggest a tad bit more that he likes girls.

Or, he could like both since bisexuals are, as a matter of fact, a thing.

LIKE THIS BADASS MOFO

Alt text

• See Telltale. See what happens when you take an eternity with these episodes?!

Now we're questioning Rhys' sexuality. What's next? Loader Bot going through a goth phase?

• For all we know, Loader Bot could've enjoyed the sensation of being blown up.

The way the metal split as the flames consumed him, the rupturing blast might have actually given him a sense of fulfillment and secret pleasure. Pleasure that could only be granted through death and destruction, especially towards those deserving of it. He stored it to memory alright, who would want to forget such a sensation event such as their own self-destruction? It wasn't just death, it was a learning experience. And Loader Bot learned that he wanted more. Might as well punish his master, motivate him through cruelty to cause him pain again. Pain he oh so desires in the future, for only Rhys can give him the explosive finale Loader Bot craves. He hides it well through his robotic exterior. Question is, is it a mere phase? Or a forthcoming lifestyle?

I'm not serious. But I do need help.

See Telltale. See what happens when you take an eternity with these episodes?! Now we're questioning Rhys' sexuality. What's next? Loader Bot going through a goth phase?

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

What's next? Loader Bot going through a goth phase?

Well maybe not a goth phase, but I do remember him, Rhys and Sasha going through a Metallica phase a few months ago.

Alt text

See Telltale. See what happens when you take an eternity with these episodes?! Now we're questioning Rhys' sexuality. What's next? Loader Bot going through a goth phase?

• As much as I ship Rhyiona, I wouldn't mind at all if Rhys was actually gay or bi.

• I'd totally ship Rhs and Vaughn, or hell, Rhys and Vasquez.

• edited June 2015

I don't think that is actually the case... but I wouldn't mind it at all. As far as I'm concerned, there's been no indication of Rhys showing an attraction towards any character (Moxxi poster comment being rather ambiguous) except for Handsome Jack... So, apart from me doubting Telltale would be quite that progressive - making a main player character gay - I don't see any reason why he couldn't be. (Axton worked out well, didn't he?) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Rhys had admitted to owning Handsome Jack posters and you pair him off with Vaughn? Really? You're missing the goldmine here!

Alt text

• Wow we are really bored as community...

• I don't care about Rhys' sexual orientation.

• I don't mind. Generally the Borderland universe is really open and equal about the people's sexuality. When even Handsome Jack see it as normal, then it really isn't an issue.

I don't really think Rhys is gay. Rhys is hardly the only one who is obsessed with Handsome Jack.

• you made me laught :) ty

• There were so many gay moments between Rhys and Vaughn in episode 2, I think they had to put in the bro scene just to make it a little less blatantly gay. Like Rhys' awkward pickup lines over Vaughn being ripped and then staring at his crotch n' stuff. By the time he was telling Vaughn how much he appreciated him in Old Haven I was just thinking, "Holy shit, you are so gay for him aren't you." But I would personally prefer him with Sasha if there's going to be any romance, otherwise I'm hoping to keep as bro as I can.

• edited June 2015

Maybe TellTale would make him gay to stop all the ship battle [Rhyiona/Rhysha] and to bring back peace :D....

fayescarlet posted: »

As much as I ship Rhyiona, I wouldn't mind at all if Rhys was actually gay or bi.

• That would be amazing

Maybe TellTale would make him gay to stop all the ship battle [Rhyiona/Rhysha] and to bring back peace ....

• I was thinking that too, especially when he gets all awkward asking how Vaughn is "that's great...I mean f-for you, that's great..." As much as I prefer Rhack, I have to admit I suspect that Rhys possibly has a crush on Vaughn, otherwise why would he get all nervous and stammer-y when he talks to him?

mirashade posted: »

There were so many gay moments between Rhys and Vaughn in episode 2, I think they had to put in the bro scene just to make it a little less

• Maybe, but it seems more likely we'd just replace the battle ships with Rhyack/Rhyaughn.

Maybe TellTale would make him gay to stop all the ship battle [Rhyiona/Rhysha] and to bring back peace ....

• wat no

rhysha says nO! Fuck no.

• I actually wouldn't want to engage in any gay romance as Rhys. I'm very supportive of the LGBT movement, my sister is gay, a HUGE chunk of my male friends are bi/gay... Great. That's okay with me. But homosexual acts kind of gross me out on a personal level. I wish they didn't, but they do. Hell, I get the feeling that heterosexual stuff would gross me out if I wasn't biologically hardwired to enjoy it.

So yeah. I personally wouldn't want to play him like that. It'd be great if they made it an option, though.

• Peace is here though. For now. I wasnt in the war but I have heard terrible tales from the borderlands(ha. get it? no? Im gonna go. NOT) threads. shivers But peace is here now! So Rhys cant be gay! (Disclaimer I have nothing against gay people ._.)

• Omg,no.

• While I don't personally ship him in any gay pairing, I've seen it on tumblr enough to accept the idea if it were to happen.

If any game were to take an oppotunity to represent more gay relationships, this would probably be it, with all of its colorful diverse cast and innuendos. They already have Athena/Janey.

• My personal headcanon is pan Rhys but I'm here for this too tbh (even though I don't actually ship Rhys with anybody other than like, maybe Zer0).

• edited June 2015

So evidence for each ship is:

Rhys/Fiona= Rhys's Shoe?

Rhys/Sasha= Pickie swear?

Rhys/Vaughn= Bro fist?

I like shipping people but this is just insane lol.

• Id say Rhys/Fiona would be them sleeping together.

Also, I think Vasquez X Jerry should be a thing

So evidence for each ship is: Rhys/Fiona= Rhys's Shoe? Rhys/Sasha= Pickie swear? Rhys/Vaughn= Bro fist? I like shipping people but this is just insane lol.

• Let's be honest here Rhys has (had? after spending time with him) a huuuuge crush on Jack, I want to ship them but dang Jack be crazy.

• Who's Jerry? Sorry it's Been like 4 months lol.

Poogers555 posted: »

Id say Rhys/Fiona would be them sleeping together. Also, I think Vasquez X Jerry should be a thing

• RHYXTON WINS

The only thing supporting this theory is that the entire cast of Borderlands is very diverse in both race and the LGBT+ community, with plen

• Alt text

Who'dve thought...

Made by I remade

ActionHank posted: »

RHYXTON WINS

• The guy who Vasquez was getting his car from on the phone

Who's Jerry? Sorry it's Been like 4 months lol.

• edited June 2015

Oooorrrr maybe Jack's just his idol? You can fantasize about someone without it being sexual.

Like, it seems more like he wants to be "just like him", I don't think he wants to stick his cyborg peen inside him.

Let's be honest here Rhys has (had? after spending time with him) a huuuuge crush on Jack, I want to ship them but dang Jack be crazy.

• I don't think he wants to stick his cyborg peen inside him.

I'd pay to see that. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I still ship Rhyiona though.

Piggs posted: »

Oooorrrr maybe Jack's just his idol? You can fantasize about someone without it being sexual. Like, it seems more like he wants to be "just like him", I don't think he wants to stick his cyborg peen inside him.

• Well I know someone who'll like this...

Who'dve thought... Made by I remade

• I'm okay with it when it first started in BL, but i hope the whole game isn't going to become Janey Springs, throwing their sexual preference in your face every time they open their mouths.

• I would think Rhyaughn is a good couple, IF they make him gay. [What a weird ship name] (not discriminating gay people)

Besides, Jack is a hologram unless .........:D

Bluebirdo posted: »

Maybe, but it seems more likely we'd just replace the battle ships with Rhyack/Rhyaughn.

• Peace is here!?!?!? We have to stop this battle mate :O

It's in our hands......I think.

bigdogg0821 posted: »

Peace is here though. For now. I wasnt in the war but I have heard terrible tales from the borderlands(ha. get it? no? Im gonna go. NOT) threads. shivers But peace is here now! So Rhys cant be gay! (Disclaimer I have nothing against gay people ._.)

This discussion has been closed.