Did Luke deserve to die?!

I don't think Luke deserved to die. He saved Clementine under the water when the zombie was going to get her. And I remember their conversation.

Clem- I'd come back for you.
Luke- thanks Clem I'd do the same.

Luke did when he promised or said whatever lol.
If Luke was with Kenny and Jane at the end of the episode he wouldn't let them fight. He'd either try to reason or do the right thing in stead of poor Clementine doing everything for once.

Please no hates...it's just my opinion.

thank you everyone who joined this conversation. yes there were some Luke haters but i didnt let them get to me.

Comments

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited June 2015

Nah, nah, ain't no one should hate you with this opinion.

I would have loved if instead of the ending where you killed Kenny & Jane, TellTale kept Luke in and he finds you after you kill Kenny or Jane is killed and he follows you.

• I don't think you know what "deserved" means.

• The Dumb Die Young

Alt text

Alt text

• Lol does anyone deserve to die? What kind of question is this jeez. No, he didn't deserve to die. No one does.

• did any truly deserve to die? especially when from their perspective they're doing the right thing?

• Heyyyy I just said the same thing you did! lol XD

Aerie88 posted: »

did any truly deserve to die? especially when from their perspective they're doing the right thing?

• :-)

sialark posted: »

Heyyyy I just said the same thing you did! lol XD

• Dear Telltale,

You're still on my naughty list for this poopy (╯°□°)╯︵ poopy!

-Lilac

P.S no waffles for you.

• Nope, telltale wanted to quickly finish off this Cluke thingy.

• Luke deserved eternal life.

• Alt text

I am glad it worked out the way it did. I like Jane I wanted to side with Jane and I got too.

• It was because everybody guessed the Kenny vs Luke stuff, so they rewrote Jane in there instead and used the first thing as one giant poopy of a prank =_= whoopee.

Killah posted: »

Nope, telltale wanted to quickly finish off this Cluke thingy.

• No. Luke was friendly and never caused problems despite his inconsistent decisions.

• I feel like they changed it because they couldn't find a way to get things to escalate between Luke and Kenny without killing off AJ and having Kenny blame Luke for it. I still think it should've come down to Luke and Kenny though.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

It was because everybody guessed the Kenny vs Luke stuff, so they rewrote Jane in there instead and used the first thing as one giant poopy of a prank =_= whoopee.

• It's not a question if whether or not a character deserves to live or die.
    It's a question of what direction the writers want to take the characters in.
    In other words: "It's totally up to the writers."
    After all, it is only a videogame.

• UNFORGIVEN, one of the best Western that Mr Eastwood ever did.
    He has stated that it is the last western he'll ever do.
    But hopefully, he'll grace the screen once again as a cowboy in the near future.

I am glad it worked out the way it did. I like Jane I wanted to side with Jane and I got too.

• I think they could've figured it out, but having it go down in a fight just seemed cliche [that's why I loved that dinner table decision, just a simple 'omg! who the hell do I sit with!?' and I was torn.] I heard originally it was meant to be about saving one of them in that blizzard and that probably would've worked a hell of a lot better.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I feel like they changed it because they couldn't find a way to get things to escalate between Luke and Kenny without killing off AJ and having Kenny blame Luke for it. I still think it should've come down to Luke and Kenny though.

• edited June 2015

I'm a bit late to this Luke thread, geez sleep is for the weak when it comes to Luke threads. XD

I have to say even reading this is making me sad but whatever, no he didn't deserve to die. Telltale killed him off too soon. I don't care if he was the 'glue' and they had to somehow break the group apart. I don't care if he was stupid and didn't drop the gun. I don't care, ok?

If Luke was with Kenny and Jane at the end of the episode he wouldn't let them fight.

I've come up with many ideas of how it could have went down if Luke was there. One of them is quite evil. I bet you wanna know what it is...

You have the 'Shoot Kenny' and 'Look away' options. Luke had been punched by Kenny inside when he tried to help and was knocked to the ground when you go outside you see him try to get up he is struggling because he still got shot. If you choose the 'Shoot Kenny' option... Luke, he uh. Um, he gets shot instead (the bullet misses and hits him because he managed to get outside right at that moment). Kenny withdraws from trying to kill Jane and stares at Luke, Jane does the same. If you 'Look away' Luke comes outside and pulls Kenny off Jane but Luke gets stabbed by the knife... I'm not being kind to myself right now. I'm gonna go cry now. :(

• About the only person who really deserved to die was Carver. Luke? Dude was one of the nicest guys in the Apocalypse. He was very nearly Pete-Tier when it comes to being nice.

• Loved that movie. I've yet to see it in its entirety, the only portion I've missed being the first 20-30 minutes or so. This is one of my favorite Westerns despite that, right up there with Once Upon a Time In The West.

Kenny/Lee posted: »

UNFORGIVEN, one of the best Western that Mr Eastwood ever did. He has stated that it is the last western he'll ever do. But hopefully, he'll grace the screen once again as a cowboy in the near future.

• Hear, hear.

ABigBadWolf posted: »

Luke deserved eternal life.

• Trying to get rid of Kenny/Jane but instead killing Luke is one of my worst nightmares.

Kateis posted: »

I'm a bit late to this Luke thread, geez sleep is for the weak when it comes to Luke threads. XD I have to say even reading this is makin

• He did not deserve to die like that

• Yes, the first time I saw Luke I thought he was a cool guy and he will be our next Lee.

But it turned out he was some Reckless redneck teenager with a wet dick unaware of the shit that's happening in the fucking world.
    Like god damn, Luke. I expected you to know better.

Fuck Luke, Fuck Jane, and Fuck sarah.

• edited June 2015

Fuck Luke, Fuck Jane

...lol yes, they did. With each other. Togetherrrr!

...I'm saying they fucked each other and had sex lol.

#Juke4Evaaa!

#HaterzCan'tStopMeeee

Yes, the first time I saw Luke I thought he was a cool guy and he will be our next Lee. But it turned out he was some Reckless redneck te

• oh god now that i said it i feel even worse

sialark posted: »

Fuck Luke, Fuck Jane ...lol yes, they did. With each other. Togetherrrr! ... ... ... ...I'm saying they fucked each other and had sex lol. #Juke4Evaaa! #HaterzCan'tStopMeeee

• oh god now that i said it i feel even worse

Haha have an ironic upvote from me for this particular comment. Here's to you and your discomfort, Sir!

Alt text

XDDD

oh god now that i said it i feel even worse

• No I don't think Luke deserve to die because his birthday was the day before he died and that's very sad.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited June 2015

I heard originally it was meant to be about saving one of them in that blizzard and that probably would've worked a hell of a lot better

I don't think that was ever confirmed or proven true, though

I remember Gavin Hammon said that Luke's death was already in the script when he first started recording for the episode. If Luke was planned to survive initially, it would have been long before the VO sessions. And if it was that long ago, the chances of anything being left in the game files regarding it (if that scene even made it past the script in the first place) are slim to none. The only way someone could have possibly learned about it would be from a writer, someone who worked very closely on episode 5, or some incredibly obscure line of code tucked away deep within the files (not just that supposed sound file of Luke being pulled out of the ice, which is used in game when the walker grabs him. And if it was a line of code, the chances of it being removed is also unlikely, since they've had next to no updates to the game or the episode 5 directory itself, so someone else would have had to have been able to find it)

Lilacsbloom posted: »

I think they could've figured it out, but having it go down in a fight just seemed cliche [that's why I loved that dinner table decision, ju

• edited June 2015

Fug no. I really thought he'd make it, to the end, and beyond. I'm not sure why. Maybe it was the shib that happend on the bridge, or the fact that, at that time(that tragic time), Luke and MyClem(&AJ) were the last of a fallen group, and best buds on top of that.

His death sucked, and hopefully Clem'll cope with it properly. (I really wanted his Machete btw. Idky, but I wanted Nick's hat and Sarah's glasses too. Trophies, or mementos? You be the judge.)

• Yes.

Kappa

• Or you know, the other version I have come up with is where either Jane, Kenny or both of them are dead and Luke comes outside and is either angry you let Kenny kill Jane or sad thay you shot Kenny or confused to why both are dead and demands to know what happened. Is that a better nightmare?

quinnics posted: »

Trying to get rid of Kenny/Jane but instead killing Luke is one of my worst nightmares.

• HE SLEPT WITH JANE AND Caused Sarah's DEATH RARWR.

• Meh. Not in a karmic way, but he was not very capable of surviving (he was an idiot). It was luck he lived that long.

• At least Luke would be alive in those scenarios. cry

Or you know, the other version I have come up with is where either Jane, Kenny or both of them are dead and Luke comes outside and is eithe

• lol thank you for the comment lovely person! wow you have a very good imagination.

I'm a bit late to this Luke thread, geez sleep is for the weak when it comes to Luke threads. XD I have to say even reading this is makin

• yeah i still think he is alive for some reason. like Kenny....he survived a herde of zombies so yeah...telltale can do something like that.

Or you know, the other version I have come up with is where either Jane, Kenny or both of them are dead and Luke comes outside and is eithe

• Kenny survived walkers.

Luke can survive a lake.

I've been saying it since he died and I will still say it now. He's alive. :P

yeah i still think he is alive for some reason. like Kenny....he survived a herde of zombies so yeah...telltale can do something like that.

• And you have the same profile pictures :) But seriously, I thought you were the same person for a second...

Aerie88 posted: »

:-)

• Is that suppose to be rude? Or a compliment?

almighty posted: »

I don't think you know what "deserved" means.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.