Silicon County: An Interactive Story (Ongoing)

Comments

• Oh, that makes more sense.

Multiverse: Prime, The Multiverse: Prime or just Prime is the story i write in Forum games (the one i kept saying was distracting me). I would link you if you were interested or just wanted to know what i'm talking about i could link you. But i'm currently on my phone :(. I think Liquid recomemded it on Forum so if you want a link should be there :).

AgentZ46 posted: »

I don't know what Multiverse Prime is.

• I might check it out later.

Lord_EAA posted: »

Oh, that makes more sense. Multiverse: Prime, The Multiverse: Prime or just Prime is the story i write in Forum games (the one i kept say

• Ok :).

I might check it out later.

• I gave it a shout-out in FoT a while ago, though that was probably a dozen pages back or more, so finding this shout-out now could take some time. Here's a direct link instead: https://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/94739/the-multiverse-prime

Multiverse is a great story, I can only recommend it :D

I might check it out later.

• Thanks Liquid, i really appreciate it :).

I gave it a shout-out in FoT a while ago, though that was probably a dozen pages back or more, so finding this shout-out now could take some

• I suppose you could call this bad but good news.

I had previously written the first two parts for the reboot. I held off on posting them for a bit to put a little more thought into what lies ahead. The wait sucks, I know, but it was a very good decision because one of said parts is going to go through extensive rewrites along with its story as a whole. The storyline in question is the one that will ultimately bridge them all, so it's very important to get right (which is not to say the others are unimportant.) However, rebooting this particular storyline would have been the equivalent of rebooting the reboot, which would have been a little awkward, to say the least. As a sort of countermeasure to keep this from happening later, this storyline is being planned thoroughly. The overarching plot is complicated, and in past stories, the planning as been an afterthought. The original Silicon is a good example of this. It's a mistake I keep making, so I'm going to take my time with this one. That said, it shouldn't be too long. Just long enough to hash out the plot. It'll be worth it.

So the wait is going to be a little longer, which is pretty bad news. So here is the good half: The rewrites are very good in the long term. Plus, the new ideas are being pieced together extremely nicely and I'm liking the weirdness in store for this storyline (it's much more than a little out there.) Finally, I was also a little inspired to draw some, and the first one I've done turned out nicely. I can't show it at this time because it's not half finished. It's also a little abstract, so what it depicts likely won't occur within the story, but it will also have to wait until two certain "characters" are introduced. But the inspiration hasn't worn off and I'm planning on making a simple character portrait based off the design from the drawing. If it works out, more will definitely follow suit!

• I'm confident that the wait will be worth it. ^_^

NoHopeLeft posted: »

I suppose you could call this bad but good news. I had previously written the first two parts for the reboot. I held off on posting them

• edited July 2016

The only thing I don't like about this new format is that the site doesn't look like it has loaded fully and I don't like how smiley faces and such turn into emojis, though I can get around that by adding a nose. So far, these are my only complaints. I like it :^) Edit: It seems when adding this comment without checking the box "Follow this discussion," it unfollowed me. Keep this in mind! Edit 2: The same thing happens when editing a comment. Huh... I'm liking this slightly less now.

Anyway, progress persists despite my opposing efforts. There are some new developments in the planning of several of the storylines that will hopefully go over well in practice. Additionally, the overall premise has cemented itself! I know what the hell this is about now! I probably should have known sooner, hehe... Heh.

There's also been a little progress on that "character" portrait I mentioned, and I plan to create a scan of it once it's finished then cleaning it up nicely in photoshop. It's going well so far!

I likely won't post much more until I have bigger news to any avoid confusion or false hope that the notification is story based, but I thought I would take this opportunity to do a little update since the site updated. So, I'm doing good, and so is the story! And I'll see you around soon!

• There's also been a little progress on that "character" portrait I mentioned, and I plan to create a scan of it once it's finished then cleaning it up nicely in photoshop. It's going well so far!

Show me, show me what you already got! I am curious even if it's only lineart.

As for the story as mentioned before by me, I did not read the previous, cancelled version and I am totally interested how it will go and what story is about. I will be here, waiting when it starts.

The design is pretty confusing and I am not liking it at all. Too light! Give the old one back, Telltale!

The only thing I don't like about this new format is that the site doesn't look like it has loaded fully and I don't like how smiley faces a

• I would be happy to share it once I fix some disproportional stuff with its upper body! Fair warning, though, the portrait won't much sense, and not because you're new to the reboot. It'll confuse everyone equally regardless! :^D

The technical problems are what irks me mainly, but I also kind of like the changes to the font, margins, and whatnot. It definitely needs a different background, though. Right now, it's gonna make browsing the forums at night really unpleasant.

Mathea posted: »

There's also been a little progress on that "character" portrait I mentioned, and I plan to create a scan of it once it's finished then clea

• I don't like how smiley faces and such turn into emojis, though I can get around that by adding a nose. So far, these are my only complaints. I like it :^)

I wish I could say the same for my favorite smiley, but it seems I'll have to retire it, as adding a nose just doesn't look right, see?
    :^D Or perhaps it's just the feel, I don't know.

Anyway, progress persists despite my opposing efforts.

Very good news indeed :^) Maybe this time I'll actual be able to keep up with this story hah

There's also been a little progress on that "character" portrait I mentioned, and I plan to create a scan of it once it's finished then cleaning it up nicely in photoshop. It's going well so far!

I've looked back to see what character portrait you're talking about and I like the idea and hope all goes well with it!

The only thing I don't like about this new format is that the site doesn't look like it has loaded fully and I don't like how smiley faces a

• I know what you are saying, my eyes are hurting by simply looking at it now...

I would be happy to share it once I fix some disproportional stuff with its upper body! Fair warning, though, the portrait won't much sense,

• Update and Original Planning Document:

Hey, guys! It's been way too long. I've been thinking about Silicon County a lot and have a lot of the basics down! Planning goes on, and I'm getting ready to start a table of contents for the upcoming story. Sadly, I am experiencing a lot of writer's block, which I will credit along with my procrastinating tendencies to the delay of my stories. I'll hopefully have more news, and possibly that drawing, for you in the near future.

Now the doc. I didn't write enough down, and going through it, I can't seem to figure out what points to clarify. So, I'm gonna share the doc and if you any questions at all about the original plan for the story, just ask and I'll answer to the best of my abilities. It's really been a long time, so there are unfortunately some things that I've forgotten. Some stuff has been retracted, pretty much only if it relates to the reboot in any way. Thomas had a bigger role in the second act of the original story, which has almost all been retracted. Anyway, here's the document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qhznD6dXAkUKAEOHSJsULBTPdOxsrlOOywC--rn3Nh0/edit?usp=sharing

• That part with everyone being revived would've been huge! Especially Alex. Imagine Liquid's reaction :p

Update and Original Planning Document: Hey, guys! It's been way too long. I've been thinking about Silicon County a lot and have a lot of

• Do you plan to include the retractions in the new universe or is it going to be a complete remake?

Update and Original Planning Document: Hey, guys! It's been way too long. I've been thinking about Silicon County a lot and have a lot of

• Yeah, I imagined Liquid would have been pleased. I kinda dismissed the idea several times, though, because I expected a negative reaction from everyone else. Had the original story continued, I can't really say for sure what would have happened.

That part with everyone being revived would've been huge! Especially Alex. Imagine Liquid's reaction

• Elements from the retractions will appear in the reboot but in a wildly different context. :^)

Do you plan to include the retractions in the new universe or is it going to be a complete remake?

• Oh man, that would have been insane! I mean, at the one hand I'm very happy about the reboot and my fragile emotional health is genuinely thankful for it, but at the same time, there were a few scenes I would have loved to see happening. Obviously, I am especially sad the revival scenes are never going to happen, because I don't think I'm even capable to imagine how happy I would have been. No really, I have quite the imagination, but I fail to imagine my reaction. I'm sure tears of joy would have been involved. On the other hand, one thing I know I would have hated beyond words would have been Luke's involvement in Chapter 5. What especially irks me is that he wouldn't have gotten any sort of genuine comeuppance at all. Being enveloped by light and vanishing, that is not the kind of end he should have suffered and it would have only made me hate this cancerous character even more. I'm sure I would have been very bitter about it. Though Alex' revival would have definitely been enough to counterbalance that hatred. I mean, I know it is unclear if it would have actually happened in the story, but I see little that speaks against it. At least I don't think anyone would have reacted negatively to it, right?

All in all, the plans for the rest of Silicon would have been extreme for me, in both directions. The amount of hatred I had for Luke was genuinely stressful, so I'm happy I never had to react to him cheating me out of my vengeance after having it almost in reach. That would have probably reduced me to a stuttering mess. Even worse would have been to still have him in the story, in the form of some sort of spectre, because that would have only increased my hatred. That would have been horrible and I don't mean it in the good way. At the same time, Alex getting revived and him actually appearing in the story, that would have been the best damn thing ever. Chances are, I wouldn't have been anything more than a stuttering mess either, although of the blissfully happy sort, so in the name of my dignity I can safely say that the reboot was a good decision. Still, these plot points you had planned, they would have been fascinating to read about, not only Alex' possible resurrection or the disappointing Luke resolution, but also a lot of other things. Whatever happened in Silicon, Rachel and others trying to escape, Owen and the dark force behind him, the residents becoming mutants... that would have been genuinely great!
    Though I wonder, when you say that they would have mutated, would it be comparable to X-Men mutations, which basically means superpowers, or would it be similar to mutations from the Wildcards stories, which include severe and not always beneficial physical mutations? Maybe a mixture of both?

Now I am even more excited for the reboot! It is going to be odd dealing with all of this unresolved hatred, but I'm sure I'm getting over it. I am looking forward to finally see Alexander. He was originally planned to be kind of a dick, but you can expect me to basically paint him as a saint from here on. Similarly, it's going to be weird seeing Luke in the story and I don't know how I'm going to feel about that, but I'm excited to find out! I hope your writer's block is getting better soon, because the hype is real =)

• This brought me an interesting question. How will you feel if Alex ends up killing Luke in the new universe?

Oh man, that would have been insane! I mean, at the one hand I'm very happy about the reboot and my fragile emotional health is genuinely th

• That is hard to say. If their roles would have been changed from the very beginning, if Alex would have killed Luke in the original story and if it would have never gotten to the point where even the mention of Luke made me enjoy the story less, then I would have probably felt conflicted and the whole situation would have been morally ambigous for me, not the black/white scenario things ended up as. Now, after all that Luke did, I don't really know if it is possible to make me feel bad for anything that happens to him. While the announcement of the reboot did wonders in helping me over my burning hatred, I still associate Luke with everything evil and I doubt that is going to change anytime soon. I know, objectively he never did anything bad in the reboot, but if Alex would kill him, accidental or not, then I would probably be very satisfied and I would see it as finally getting my vengeance. It is highly unlikely I would feel bad for Luke and it is even more unlikely I would be angry at Alex. That said, while it is unlikely I'll ever even feel the slightest bit of positive emotion about Luke, I know for a fact that Hope has a habit of doing things I have previously seen as impossible and he also has a habit of blowing my mind, so I can't rule such a possibility out completely. Though, I actually hope that Luke won't even appear in the reboot, because honestly, he is an atrociously terrible character and he doesn't deserve to appear. Yeah, that is how much I still hate him.

This brought me an interesting question. How will you feel if Alex ends up killing Luke in the new universe?

• I feel bad for xSensus. I don't think he even thought to make the guy unlikable to you.

That is hard to say. If their roles would have been changed from the very beginning, if Alex would have killed Luke in the original story an

• Well, I think I should, just to make things clear, clarify once again that I have not quarrel with xSensus. Neither am I even the slightest bit angry at Hope for writing that plotline, because Hope is awesome, period. My hatred is entirely reserved for Luke and I hate that thing more than I could ever hate a real person. And oh boy, do I hate Luke. It has gotten to the point where I hate the idea of him even more than the actual character. The mere thought of him appearing in the story, of getting a role, development, screentime, all of that made me genuinely sick. It's not a secret that I pour a lot of heart's blood into my characters, get very attached to them and feel their plight like its my own, but with Alex it had the additional dimension of him feeling like a waste, considering that he basically was dead from the moment I submitted him. That made me hate Luke even more and I feel if either he or Alex would have never even gotten submitted, my feelings about the original story would have been entirely different. Don't get that wrong, I loved the original story and I was obviously very invested into it, but every part from Chapter 4 onwards brought up a lot of negative emotions, sometimes more than it brought up positive emotions. Since the people behind Luke and Silicon are amazing people whom I greatly appreciate, I only had the character itself to direct such hatred onto and I only had my comments to vent on how frustrating that whole affair was for me. So yeah, I doubt xSensus planned to write a character that pissed me off and I doubt Hope planned to create a subplot that pissed me off, so I hold no bad feelings towards either of them and I hope they don't feel bad now, because that's not what I want. My negative emotions are entirely concentrated on the character of Luke. I just can't help but wish that he would have never even appeared in the original story to begin with.

I feel bad for xSensus. I don't think he even thought to make the guy unlikable to you.

• edited August 2016

Your original plans are amazing! Reviving Sam and Alex would have blown my mind xD And I am interested into this power behind Owen. I still dont know, is he a good guy or a bad guy? I hope it will be explained in the reboot. Also I see a lot of things for Thomas are cut from the document, so it looks he will be the character who will follow your original plans the most. All of this sounds so cool and I am interested into what you are coming up with in the reboot.

• To be honest, Thomas's storyline in the reboot will have very little in common with what was originally planned. What was cut from the original document is basically a premise that would have spoiled one thing in the reboot.

janitor posted: »

Your original plans are amazing! Reviving Sam and Alex would have blown my mind xD And I am interested into this power behind Owen. I still

• Ok, cool. Does it mean that only this one thing has survived the change from the original plan to the reboot?

To be honest, Thomas's storyline in the reboot will have very little in common with what was originally planned. What was cut from the original document is basically a premise that would have spoiled one thing in the reboot.

• I believe so.

Ok, cool. Does it mean that only this one thing has survived the change from the original plan to the reboot?

• edited October 2016

enter image description here

Prologue: Distant Times, Part 1 — Tyler Gavins: The boy listened throughout the night to the calls, the pleas, and the desperate bargaining. He shivered violently at the edge of unconsciousness in his cold hiding place, clutching his legs for warmth.

Heavy footfalls crunched leaves. It slowly drew closer. A pair of old and bloodied boots stopped at the low opening to the boy’s shelter, illuminated by the predawn glow, causing the boy to inhale sharply.

“Tyler?” his father asked tiredly. The man knelt beside the alcove and the boy tried to retreat further into the recess, knocking dirt loose. He weakly resisted as his father grabbed his wrist, but physical and mental exhaustion had sapped his strength and he allowed himself to be pulled out.

Tyler expected pain, but his father pulled him into a gentle embrace and carried him against his chest. He felt no comfort as he watched his hiding place recede from view from over his father’s shoulder. Now all that could be seen was woods.

“M-Mikey...” he sobbed.

His father held him tighter and shushed him. He quietly cried himself into an unpleasant sleep.

Tyler awoke to the sound of creaking hinges. While his father closed the gate into the backyard, his terrified eyes fixed themselves on the empty door frame. The odd shard of glass dotted the little concrete porch. Once again, Tyler felt the urge to flee. It became overwhelming as his father passed directly through the empty threshold. He began sobbing again and continued as his father set him on the sofa in plain view of the door frame.

His father retrieved a damp washcloth from the adjacent kitchen. Tyler thought about running again, but knew he didn't have the energy. His father returned and began to softly wipe away the dirt from Tyler’s face. He kept a forceful hand on the boy’s shoulder. “Do you know what the word ‘accident’ means, Tyler?”

Tyler didn’t answer. He was remembering the sound of shattering glass while looking at his dirty and wet socks.

“Tyler,” his father said insistently.

He whispered, “A mistake,” and gasped at how wrong it felt to say.

“But I’m sorry for it, Tyler,” his father said. The man’s face horrifically contorted as he began sobbing. “I’ll fix this.”

His father’s tears fell onto his socks and they were tinted red. For the first time that morning, Tyler looked at his father’s face and saw the brutal cascade of red tears which flowed from his blinded left eye. Tyler barely felt the man take his hand due to the numbness of his extremities.

“What happened to Michael, Tyler?” his father asked, not controlling his unsteady voice.

He stared into the grizzly wound. “An accident,” Tyler murmured sickly.

• Oh man, now this is awesome! I haven't expected it to return right now and it was a very pleasant surprise. Save to say, it made my day. Or, my night more likely, since it is pretty late here :D Anyways, this was a very nice start for the reboot. I am hyped already, even though the prologue certainly left a lot more questions than it answered. Actually, it answers close to nothing and is really confusing, but in a good way, one that makes me hyped to find out what this was all about. First of all, I remember Tyler from his brief appearance in the original story, though this situation is obviously nothing like his situation from the original.

Now... Tyler's situation in general gave me a slight Luke vibe, in that I got the impression he did something horrible without actually wanting to do it. All this talk about an accident and then there's this Michale that got mentioned. I don't see a Michael in the character list, so he is either a character from Tyler's backstory, or a completely original character. In any way, it seems he is dead and I wouldn't be too surprised if Tyler is responsible for it in some capacity. But there's other stuff going on, like his fathers wounds, which gives this a slightly surreal impression. Maybe it is just Tyler's obviously stressed mental state and exhaustion, but this could also be some sort of memory, or even a dream, or something weirder. Whatever it is, something is not right here, not at all, and I can't wait to learn more about it!

Prologue: Distant Times, Part 1 — Tyler Gavins: The boy listened throughout the night to the calls, the pleas, and the desperate bargaining.

• Oh man, now this is awesome! I haven't expected it to return right now and it was a very pleasant surprise. Save to say, it made my day. Or, my night more likely, since it is pretty late here :D

Honestly, it's not my ideal time either, but I didn't want to sit on it because I was afraid it might go through another rewrite. The prologue has already had too many iterations. Having settled on for the moment, I decided to run with it. I'm feeling a little nervous about it, but I think it's gonna work out!

Anyways, this was a very nice start for the reboot. I am hyped already, even though the prologue certainly left a lot more questions than it answered. Actually, it answers close to nothing and is really confusing, but in a good way, one that makes me hyped to find out what this was all about. First of all, I remember Tyler from his brief appearance in the original story, though this situation is obviously nothing like his situation from the original.

I'm glad I've confused you in a positive way! You should prepare for the negative kind once the prologue is over. Unfortunately, I can't really comment on the latter half of your comment because I don't want to dispell any of your speculation. However, I will say that Tyler's situation in the prologue is a direct portrayal of his backstory, which in and of itself suggests and eliminates a number of possibilities.

Oh man, now this is awesome! I haven't expected it to return right now and it was a very pleasant surprise. Save to say, it made my day. Or,

• Well liquid I was about argue with you with my own theory that the father attacked THEM, but the huge comment I wrote with all the evidence got deleted when I hit backspace. Basically it was Tyler is afraid of his father, thinks his father will hurt him, father brings up the word accident, Tyler is horrified, father apologizes for what happened.

Oh man, now this is awesome! I haven't expected it to return right now and it was a very pleasant surprise. Save to say, it made my day. Or,

• YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS BACK!!!!!

AWESOME!!! AWESOME!! AWESOME!!

Great, no, excellent, no, FANTASTIC part.

I can only think of one question. Will this 'chapter', 'episode', 'prologue' be entirely made of flashbacks or I guess years before the main story?

Prologue: Distant Times, Part 1 — Tyler Gavins: The boy listened throughout the night to the calls, the pleas, and the desperate bargaining.

• No! You broke my heart. I never expected to get feels from Tyler's backstory. Obviously I know what happened so I won't comment on it.

I'm so glad that Silicon is back. I love this story. I was also surprised and very pleased that you started the story with Tyler.

• Interesting prologue.

• Your enthusiasm fuels me!

This segment and the two remaining segments of the prologue are all happening... in the present. It's not a flashback; it's just where each of their stories begins.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thanks! I'm really glad you enjoyed the first part of the prologue and that you liked my interpretation of Tyler's backstory! And I'm getting more and more happy that I began with Tyler!

Anyway, you better keep some adhesive on hand for that heart, 'cause the melancholy train has just the station and it's slowly gaining momentum.

No! You broke my heart. I never expected to get feels from Tyler's backstory. Obviously I know what happened so I won't comment on it. I'

• Thank you!

Mathea posted: »

Interesting prologue.

• Honestly, it's not my ideal time either, but I didn't want to sit on it because I was afraid it might go through another rewrite. The prologue has already had too many iterations. Having settled on for the moment, I decided to run with it. I'm feeling a little nervous about it, but I think it's gonna work out!

Well, I don't know about the previous versions of the prologue, but I can confirm that at least this one is seriously exciting! It was well-worth the wait and did a great job in hyping me for what is to come.

I'm glad I've confused you in a positive way! You should prepare for the negative kind once the prologue is over.

Negative confusion? Oh, now I already have a thousand unpleasant scenarios in my mind again D: I'm probably wrong with all of them though, as I know how off I mostly am when I expect a certain situation to happen in a certain way.

Unfortunately, I can't really comment on the latter half of your comment because I don't want to dispell any of your speculation. However, I will say that Tyler's situation in the prologue is a direct portrayal of his backstory, which in and of itself suggests and eliminates a number of possibilities.

This indeed eliminates my prime speculation. You know, it was a bit outlandish and please don't laugh, but I have thought, what if Tyler is a werewolf? It would fit with the already supernatural themes from the original story (although a different kind of supernatural), it would sort of fit with the song at the end and the part would still make sense if read under such an aspect. My idea was that Tyler accidentally turned into a werewolf, killed this Michael and wounded his father before snapping back to his sense, which would explain the exhaustion, the stress and his freaked-out state of mind. But well, that is kinda off the table now. Now I guess that Tyler foolishly convinced this other kid, Michael, to go with him to the forest, where they were attacked by something (a bear perhaps?), only for Tyler's father to save his life.

• Wow the prologue was so cool. I love that this story is back and I enjoyd the prologue very much. I am sooo excited to learn about the future parts of it.

• Well, I don't know about the previous versions of the prologue, but I can confirm that at least this one is seriously exciting! It was well-worth the wait and did a great job in hyping me for what is to come.

Thank you! The original prologue evolved quite a bit before I changed my plans. Thankfully, a version of that piece of work will see the light of day in the first chapter and will also mark the beginning of the fourth (and possibly strangest) storyline.

Negative confusion? Oh, now I already have a thousand unpleasant scenarios in my mind again D: I'm probably wrong with all of them though, as I know how off I mostly am when I expect a certain situation to happen in a certain way.

I'm willing to bet you have not considered this. And I'm really sorry to that I won't be resolving any of that confusion anytime soon. You'll likely be left with an incomplete picture either way, so it'll be up to you to piece it together.

This indeed eliminates my prime speculation. You know, it was a bit outlandish and please don't laugh, but I have thought, what if Tyler is a werewolf? It would fit with the already supernatural themes from the original story (although a different kind of supernatural), it would sort of fit with the song at the end and the part would still make sense if read under such an aspect. My idea was that Tyler accidentally turned into a werewolf, killed this Michael and wounded his father before snapping back to his sense, which would explain the exhaustion, the stress and his freaked-out state of mind. But well, that is kinda off the table now. Now I guess that Tyler foolishly convinced this other kid, Michael, to go with him to the forest, where they were attacked by something (a bear perhaps?), only for Tyler's father to save his life.

I gonna have to refuse to comment on some speculation because I really don't to accidently give anything away, and doing so doesn't really mean the theories carry much weight. I will say, however, that that first part indeed made me laugh lol. Once the prologue is over, I'll dispell a large number of possibilities with a single sentence if you can remind me.

Honestly, it's not my ideal time either, but I didn't want to sit on it because I was afraid it might go through another rewrite. The prolog

• Thank you! I'm really excited for what's to come, too! :^D

Wow the prologue was so cool. I love that this story is back and I enjoyd the prologue very much. I am sooo excited to learn about the future parts of it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.