Silicon County: An Interactive Story (Ongoing)

Comments

• edited January 2016

[Correct him gently] No point in lying

Yeah, no point aside from the argument that janitor just brought up, that telling him the truth could end up causing another heart attack, which I see as a very likely outcome. He already has a weak heart, he already is dying, so do you really want to put even more stress on him for no reason? Telling him the truth is just cruel and dangerous. I mean, I know you are on Luke's side, but come on, don't do that to me.

xSensus posted: »

[Lead him to believe Alexander is still alive]

• edited January 2016

But I know this is very important for you, so I will most likely support you as long as I feel that it doesnt get out of hand. To be clear, I will not support anything that harms people who are not Luke or Owen! And if I support you, you owe me ;P

If you help me in getting my deserved justice, I'd owe you big time! I mean, I doubt there is ever going to be a majority in favour of not rewarding this murderer, but maybe there will be a miracle. This is already hard enough without Luke avoiding justice. A happy ending can only be achieved if he suffers for all the pain he caused. Anyway, I can't thank you enough. Let us celebrate this occasion with the best brofist gif in my collection:

enter image description here

Justin Bieber? Liquid, now you are unfair :P

Yeah, that might've been a tiny bit harsh of me. Justin Bieber already gets a lot of hate and I don't think it is fair of me to compare her to something as inherently evil as Luke. Sorry, Justin! Kim Jong-Un is a good comparison though and I stay with it. It's Kim Jong-Luke now. Or Hitluke. This comparison might be a bit flawed and extreme even for my taste, but it is undeniably catchy so maybe I'll stick with it.

I want to ask you something in return. You and Hope talked about superpowers earlier. Luke has superpowers. He regenerated his own injuries after the tree fell on him and other things as well. So far we havent seen a limit to what he is able to do. And now I want to ask you what would you do if he heals Clives heart problems with his new powers? How would you feel abotu him?

Well... You're talking about redemption and forgiveness, right? I am sure you expect me to say something along the lines of 'I'd feel conflicted about him' in such a case. However, to be honest, this wouldn't change a fucking thing and you will never hear these words from me. The moment Luke pulled the trigger and murdered Alex, he became so firmly a creature of evil in my eyes that he couldn't even begin to redeem himself. Luke will always stay this creature of evil for me, no matter how much good he does with his new powers. He can never make up for murdering Alex, this is simply impossible. It would be hypocritical of him and of me to ever see him as anything else but the being responsible for my sorrow. Some things can't be forgiven and some people can't be redeemed. Luke is one of these people and murdering Alex is one of these things. To be fair and to reference that talk I had with Hope a while ago, it would look a lot different if he somehow develops the power to resurrect Alex or to travel through time to prevent himself from ever murdering him. I guess, since Hope specifically confirmed that absolutely everything is possible, this is not impossible, but I think it is certainly one of the more unlikely turns of events. However, that would be the only way I would ever feel conflicted about Luke, the only way I would ever be able to even consider forgiving him. If he heals Clive, he hasn't done shit to make up for murdering his son and to be honest, nothing I could ever seriously see him doing could make up for the pain his actions are going to cause Clive and Rachel for the rest of their lives, no matter how short or long said lives are going to be. Redemption is only possible if the crime can be undone. If the crime can't be undone, then there is no redemption possible.

janitor posted: »

Justin Bieber? Liquid, now you are unfair :P About Luke, interestin question! He never did anything to my character so I dont have a reas

• Fair enough I just don't like lying (Unless its FoT)

[Correct him gently] No point in lying Yeah, no point aside from the argument that janitor just brought up, that telling him the tru

• Still, it is unarguably better to lie to him than to risk his health even further. It is basically a white lie and a very necessary one on top. I mean, is it so bad to lie to him in order to prevent another heart attack? So, could you please do me the favour and change your vote? I obviously don't want Clive to die because of this.

xSensus posted: »

Fair enough I just don't like lying (Unless its FoT)

• [Lead him to believe Alexander is still alive.]

NoHopeLeft posted: »

Chapter Five: Empathy (Part 1) Rachel Carson Clive laid in the hospital bed with different machinery monitoring his health. He was bar

• [Lead him to believe Alexander is still alive.]

Chapter Five: Empathy (Part 1) Rachel Carson Clive laid in the hospital bed with different machinery monitoring his health. He was bar

• “My name is Owen,” the man mumbled.

He felt a primitive sense of anger and stabbed Owen with it, then emptied the remaining liquid into the man's upper arm.

Almost instantly, the flesh around the injection rippled and turned a decayed shade of gray. Boils formed—it looked painful.

Chapter Four: Awakened (Part 6) 04:09 P.M. - One Month Ago - One Day Before the Prologue The fight ended just as quickly as it began.

• [Lead him to believe Alex is still alive]

He deserves this much.

• ..............hope?.......are you still there bro?

• Yeah, sort of, just been inactive.

Lord_EAA posted: »

..............hope?.......are you still there bro?

• :D i was afraid you were gone man. Glad to know i was wrong.

So how's life?

Yeah, sort of, just been inactive.

• It's been fine. Thanks for asking.

i was afraid you were gone man. Glad to know i was wrong. So how's life?

• Cool i hope stuff keeps being fine and/or gets better.

It's been fine. Thanks for asking.

• I really miss this story. :(

How are things?

• I miss it, too!

I'm planning to make an announcement, but it's too early right now. There's no strict date on this announcement (it could be a while), but it's inevitable.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I really miss this story. How are things?

• edited May 2016

Well it'll be worth the wait. :)

I miss it, too! I'm planning to make an announcement, but it's too early right now. There's no strict date on this announcement (it could be a while), but it's inevitable.

• An Update, an Explanation, and Something New:

It has been four months since the last part was posted. I apologize for my tardiness, but more so for neglecting to announce my plans for the story sooner. I had a reason for this, which I will explain in a bit. Firstly, it needs to be said right off the bat that I don't plan to continue the original story. Instead, it will be rebooted. I didn't announce this because I wanted to have something to show when I did, I wanted to have a solid story outline and possibly even a prologue or introduction to the new story. Unfortunately, planning has been slow and I feel four months of silence is already too much.

I don't what the general reaction to the reboot will be; the very few people I have spoken to about this have taken it fairly well. Though I'm sure most of you probably don't share my apprehensive opinion of the original story, I genuinely feel this is the right course. I didn't like where I had taken the original story or where it was going; it had drifted way too far off the initial premise for my liking. I have already made the decision to reboot it. I'm sorry if you disagree with that.

On to a different matter, then. I'll discuss what I mean by 'reboot'. Essentially, there will be no semblance of the original storyline; Samantha will not become clairvoyant, Luke will not disappear only to be revealed as an antagonist, Alex will not die, etc. It will be a new storyline, almost entirely. The only similarities will be things that were taken from the submitted characters' backstories, most of which will be explored at an earlier date and in a different manner than before. It probably has to be said that you will not have to resubmit characters; I will be working with the original submissions. I also will not be creating a new thread for the reboot.

The format in which I publish the story is still in question, but it is highly likely to take the form of several very loosely connected storylines. A good comparison to what I have in mind would probably be Liquid's Forum of Thrones. It is likely, however, that this will be more akin to an anthology story that will be connected by a bridging story or via a framing device. The separate storylines will each feature a main protagonist with a set of supporting characters. So far, I'm shooting for five storylines, though I only have three with protagonists in mind. In fact, revealing who these three are will likely bring a few people on board. They are Clive Carson, Thomas Callahan, and Tyler Gavins. I can confirm these three are protagonists, and again, each with their own supporting cast. I have a few others in mind and will announce when they are chosen. Anyway, I feel this is a much better format than shoehorning a bunch of points of view within a single storyline.

Anyway, I will likely update the original post to match the new plans very soon. I will also release my planning document for the original story in due time. If there are any questions relating to the reboot don't hesitate to ask. I'm sure I forgot to address a few obvious things. I will continue to plan the new storylines and will keep everyone in the loop on any significant progress I make.

• edited May 2016

Dude... when I was at my notifications and saw 'activity in Silicon' I full on gasped and was like "No way!" I'm so happy. Oh how I missed this. ^_^

Now about the reboot, I was honestly disappointed at first but after thinking about it I get your need for it. I support you! I imagine Liquid's happy about it and won't be as (I'm having trouble thinking of the right word) frustrated? :p

I was pleasently surprised about Tyler being revealed as a protagonist. I'm really excited now. First character I've ever submitted to be a protagonist.

Overwall I'm happy to see life in the thread. :)

An Update, an Explanation, and Something New: It has been four months since the last part was posted. I apologize for my tardiness, but m

• I'll say the same thing I always say.

I'm looking forward to it.

If it's a story from you, I'll be looking forward to it.

An Update, an Explanation, and Something New: It has been four months since the last part was posted. I apologize for my tardiness, but m

• edited May 2016

You already know my opinion in deeper detail, but to sum it up in one word: Awesome! I am very excited for this reboot, very excited to see more of these characters whom I, in about 90% of the cases, absolutely fell in love with and very excited to see everything come to live here. I think it was the right decision and I have no doubt it is going to be awesome. The hype I have is hardly containable :D Obviously I am also excited for this planning document for the original story, as I'm quite interested in seeing the larger picture you had in mind for the original story. That was a bit more than one word now, but still almost too short for my standards XD

• I imagine Liquid's happy about it and won't be as (I'm having trouble thinking of the right word) frustrated? :p

Frustrated might be the right word. Though, I honestly have trouble putting my feelings about that particular part of the original story into words as well. But anyways, you are absolutely right, I'm very happy about the reboot :D I've been knowing about it for a bit longer now, so I already had some time thinking about it and I became more and more excited about it with every day. In the very beginning I was a bit disappointed as well, though probably for different reasons, as literally the first thing I thought of was "So, there won't be vengeance on Luke?". Immediately afterwards, I realized that this is no longer necessary in the reboot and I was overjoyed ever since and became only more happy about it every time I thought of it. It's going to be awesome :D

Dude... when I was at my notifications and saw 'activity in Silicon' I full on gasped and was like "No way!" I'm so happy. Oh how I missed t

• Well Hope, everything I've read from you so far has been amazing and I know you own't let us down no matter where you take it. I can't wait to see what you come up with and plan to be here for it.

• edited May 2016

Ok. Where do i begin?

First i would like to tell you that despite my love of this story i fully support your decision. If you yourself feel dissapointed then a reboot seems the best call. I also like the new name, eventhought i now have to re-write a few parts of Prime.

I did feel that a few things went wrong with the original if i maybe honest. It felt like you had a lot of accidentaly wasted potential, which considering all your other work is a huge dissapointment. I blame this on the large breaks between parts (which makes me sort of a hypocrite since Prime has NEVER had a good Part scheduel till now). You even untentionaly forgot a character something i KNOW you would never willingly do.

Another problem the original had was its length. With Monument you took your time developing characters. Looking at how they ticked. With Silicon everything seemed like it was in a rush, atleast for me. You dedicated so much time to a few of the cast that i was worried you were going to introduce 9 characters in the last chapter (a fear i share with Forum of Thrones) .

Luke was one of the weirdest character have ever read. Infact he ceased being a character and became more of a force of nature. Owen was just confusing. At one moment he's perfectly ok with experimenting on people and risking their lives on unclear and possibly selfish goals, but he apparently cares about the well being of people at others. I have to admit i was curious if this was some form of guilt he had over it being his fault or if he just had a long con. It could also be you just added him as the cause for Luke to victimize him (which is understandable considering Liquids rage).

But despite all this i LOVED your writting. The characters we did get to explore were fleshed out and multi layered. The description's were poetic and clever. The development was very deep and setting detailed. And i honestly felt very invested in all of this.

One of my greatest fears was that you would leave the story and move on to other things, like other interfic's sadly have. I am so glad thats not the case. I hope this time the story reaches the potential you always planned and wanted for it and i look forward to it in the future :).

• Agent glad to see you man how have you been?

Dude... when I was at my notifications and saw 'activity in Silicon' I full on gasped and was like "No way!" I'm so happy. Oh how I missed t

• edited May 2016

Superb! I'm currently very hyped for the Blood & Wine expansion for the Witcher 3. I've also began replaying Dishonored. I remember talking to you about Dishonored a while ago.

Agent glad to see you man how have you been?

• I can't wait to be able to get an X-box one and play Witcher 3 :D.

Also i LOVE Dishonored. Its one of my favorite games of all time. All the choices it gives me just make it feel so immersive. I was beyond obsessed with not killing anyone (which was hard) and NEVER being scene. It was just amazing. It gave everything i wanted from Assasins Creed and Skyrim without having to fight the game. So yeah i LOVE it. Dishonored 2 was originally the only reason i would even buy Xbox one.

Anyway i so glad to see you again. I didn't see you in Forum of Thrones today (thought maybe it was because i was thinking of Prime) so im really surprised and happy to see you.

Superb! I'm currently very hyped for the Blood & Wine expansion for the Witcher 3. I've also began replaying Dishonored. I remember talking to you about Dishonored a while ago.

• Hiho. I am new here.

I did not follow story before but I can see you are re-writing it from the beginning, which can be a fresh start for me - question is, do you still accept new characters in?

Cheers.

• But I'm always in Forum of Thrones?

I can't wait to be able to get an X-box one and play Witcher 3 . Also i LOVE Dishonored. Its one of my favorite games of all time. All th

• Again, i must have missed you. I was thinking about my own story at the time.

But I'm always in Forum of Thrones?

• You're still welcomed to submit a character! :D

Here is the link to the forum, and I've also gone ahead and readded it to the original post: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1RM-mm0iQkUWbQxzPO41XL-pnNgLe90nF-bc4PKiPU3s/viewform

Mathea posted: »

Hiho. I am new here. I did not follow story before but I can see you are re-writing it from the beginning, which can be a fresh start for me - question is, do you still accept new characters in? Cheers.

• You took the words right out of my mouth. And while I'm disappointed with the original story, it's definitely a learning experience.

And since I said I would keep everyone updated on my decisions, I think I can confirm I have found a place for Lana within the reboot :D

Ok. Where do i begin? First i would like to tell you that despite my love of this story i fully support your decision. If you yourself fe

• Good. Then i look forward to seeing her :).

You took the words right out of my mouth. And while I'm disappointed with the original story, it's definitely a learning experience. And

• Good to hear, I submitted a character. Hope you can do something with her.

You're still welcomed to submit a character! Here is the link to the forum, and I've also gone ahead and readded it to the original post: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1RM-mm0iQkUWbQxzPO41XL-pnNgLe90nF-bc4PKiPU3s/viewform

• So what is your characters name? Just so i recongnize her in the story.

Good to hear, I submitted a character. Hope you can do something with her.

• Well, Emily. Will see if she will appear, all depends on the writer.

So what is your characters name? Just so i recongnize her in the story.

• I trust she will :)

Well, Emily. Will see if she will appear, all depends on the writer.

• edited June 2016

I'll resubmit a updated version of my previous char later. :)

• They are Clive Carson, Thomas Callahan, and Tyler Gavins.

OMG YES Thomas :D

Im so happy that there is an update to this story! In the last months I wasnt sure if it would ever come back. Not sure if I prefer the reboot over the original story but I think I will grow to love it once it starts. Also I understand your reasons and if you feel it is the right thing to reboot the story then you should do it. The idea sounds cool and I look forward for this story to start again!

• edited June 2016

So i was looking at some comments here, mostly to try and predict how Silicon Valley 2.0, sorry Silicon County, is going to go when i realised that i probably shoul've asked you this before.

Agent, i don't think i ever did get to tell you about Multiverse Prime. How did you know about it?

Also sorry again, looking back at Forum Of Thrones you were there EVERY SINGLE DAY, i'm kind of shocked i didn't notice you. Maybe it was the userpic change? I was so used to seeing you as Ethan.

But I'm always in Forum of Thrones?

• I don't know what Multiverse Prime is.

So i was looking at some comments here, mostly to try and predict how Silicon Valley 2.0, sorry Silicon County, is going to go when i realis

Sign in to comment in this discussion.