Who is the greatest fighter in Game of Thrones?

I'd say it is a toss-up between Barristan Selmy, Oberyn Martell and Jaime Lannister.

Comments

• KARL TANNER

THE FOOKING LEGEND OF GIN ALLEY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXNN7s6bVhk

HE'D TAKE ON ANY KNIGHT ANY TIME

• Considering he took on Bolton Cavalry head on with his army behind him and survived while killing to fresh Boltons with a injured leg and survive them. First off the Boat, First up on the ladder and on the wall and last to leave the battle while needing his own soldiers to keep him from charging head on against the enemy, I have to say Stannis is the best.

• In the show I would say Brienne, Bronn... actually it's probably Jaqen Hagar.

• ArthurVArthurV Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2015

In the book canon, probably Arthur Dayne, Ser Barristan the Bold, or The Dragonknight.

• Robert Baratheon before he got fat. He was a god damn beast.

• Who is Jaqen Hagar?

In the show I would say Brienne, Bronn... actually it's probably Jaqen Hagar.

• No one.

Who is Jaqen Hagar?

• Good haha.

No one.

• The faceless man.

Who is Jaqen Hagar?

• The first bit you mentioned happened because of plot logic :D

Nightmare1 posted: »

Considering he took on Bolton Cavalry head on with his army behind him and survived while killing to fresh Boltons with a injured leg and su

• A man is not Jaqen H'ghar

No one.

• Either Arthur Dayne or Barristan Selmy

• edited June 2015

In the show, Ser Gregor Clegane or Bronn.

• It still happened so...

kaza125 posted: »

The first bit you mentioned happened because of plot logic

• Haha if you had tried to describe him I would have pulled up a picture of him slapping Arya with his cane.

The faceless man.

• Alive? Garlan Tyrell, Randyl Tarly, (Samwells Father) or The Greatjon

Dead? Ser Arthur Dayne The Sword of The Morning

• edited June 2015

Dead- Ser Arthur Dane the greatest swordsmen to ever walk in Westeros.

Alive- Bronn the sellsword or Randyl Tarly Lord of the Horn Hill

• edited June 2015

If we include dead characters in this then Arthur Dayne, Aemon Targaryen or Daemon Blackfyre would probably come out on top.

If we're only talking about living characters then Jaime Lannister would probably win (Before he met the Brave Companions.) Barristan Selmy would probably be #1 if he was still in his youth.

• edited June 2015

I'd cheer for Prime Robert.

The dude was a walking bulldozer, killing fully-plated opponents with a single hammer strike, including Rhaegar at the Trident, you know, the guy who actually defeated Dayne in a joust once, the man who Barristan kept praising throughout his life. Oh of course, a joust is not a real battle, but still, winning a match against the guy who is described as the best thing since sliced-bread as far as combat goes in-verse, that's nothing to be ashamed of.

Ned said he couldn't even lift his hammer, and Robert was swinging that shit with one hand and with enough force to kill dudes in full armor, in one strike. I recall he hit Rhaegar so hard that pieces of his armor were sent flying.

Make this a real battle to the death and not some jousting crap to please the ladies and I'm sure Robert can win this, his weapon is a giant + compared to other guys that will use swords, which will do jack to a fully-plated opponent, unless Valyrian Steel. Even if you parry a warhammer, with the force it produces alone, bones will be broken, nevermind if it's someone with Robert's strength that does the swinging.

As much as swords are romanticized, they're completely inappropriate in such battles, unless again, Valyrian shit.

If only alive characters, then Garlan Tyrell for sure.

Loras is described as an exceptional fighter, and he craps all over him. He regularly stomps 4 knights for breakfast, dude is insane.

• Probably Barristan Selmy, not counting the bullshit the show did with him. Back in the day probably Robert Baratheon, the dude killed Rhaegar.

• This is what i'm saying though. out of the characters left. these are probably the best in my mind

Alive? Garlan Tyrell, Randyl Tarly, (Samwells Father) or The Greatjon Dead? Ser Arthur Dayne The Sword of The Morning

• idk man i would call that skull cup as the best fighter if mycah the butchers boy is out

• I would take Daario Naharais

• edited August 2015

The mountain (Gregor Clegane) ,brienne of tarth and of course JON SNOW.

• A few worth mentioning:

The Hound

The Mountain

Jaquen

Syrio

Drogo

Arthur Dayne

Barristan

Jaime

Tormund

Brienne

Ned

Daario

Euron

Karl Tanner

• Before the loss of his sword hand, Jaime Lannister was considered one of the best in the realm.

• Currently living? Probably Bronn, he just doesn't fight fair or with honor, and is pretty quick, about as or maybe even quicker then Asher Forrester, also he is the best side character on the show, but that's not up for debate. If we are talking about of all time, then obviously Arthur Dayne. He taught Jamie Lannister how to fight, was quick as lightning and powerful as the seven hell's. Yet was still somehow the most honorable knight ever to walk the lands of Westeros, despite serving the Mad King. Even Ser Barristan admitted that Dayne probably would have kicked his ass, and GRRM agrees! And if that's not enough, he had a sword made out of a bloody meteorite, and it possessed similar attributes to that of Valaryian Steel. And finally, he fought seven great warriors and managed to kill five of them, Ned Stark said that without Howland Reed, he would be dead several times ago. God, I hope he shows up next season in flashback form if the rumors are to be believed, that would make my year.

• Bronn over The Clegane Brothers? I wouldn't even put him iver Beskha lol

Currently living? Probably Bronn, he just doesn't fight fair or with honor, and is pretty quick, about as or maybe even quicker then Asher

• I did say ALIVE! Technicality on being a zombie, and the other is likely filling graves, and in a way died. So technicality's, obviously both of them were fantastic swordsmen.

Clemenem posted: »

Bronn over The Clegane Brothers? I wouldn't even put him iver Beskha lol

Sign in to comment in this discussion.