Spoiler: Did You Kill The Traitor?

edited July 2015 in Game Of Thrones

I want to know if you guys decided to kill the traitor (Royland or Duncan) in your playthrough or spare them and for what reason, in my playthrough I killed Royland because I felt that he didn't show any remorse for what he had done and was completely outspoken with Rodrik and that he should have known his place.

Comments

• Nope. Punched Royland on the face and then to jail with him.

Why? Because I think Talia is starting to get way too blood-thirsty and I didn't want to feed that. I also didn't promise her I was going to kill him, I told her I was the lord and she was just a child.

• Stabbed the shit out of Duncan. I would have preferred a beheading but whatever...

• Royland is pushing up daisies. Why? I felt personally betrayed by the man. Also my family was straight up betrayed by the man. I don't give a shit about his rationale. You don't betray those you've sworn allegiance to and expect mercy!

• I killed Royland because he was untrustworthy and a backstabber. When he offered to spill Ludd's plans I didn't buy it. How could I trust anything he told me after he worked for Ludd? He was just trying to save his own neck.

• I killed Royland. There's no room for traitors in my house.

• Execution on spot, I remember what happened when we took Gryff prisoner.

• I didnt kill him;

a) Because Im hoping they werent the true traitor and were covering for someone (explains their shit excuses)

b) Talia has preferred violence lately and I dont like that.

c) They might redeem themselves

• Who was your traitor ?

Execution on spot, I remember what happened when we took Gryff prisoner.

• Royland.

_DIO_ posted: »

Who was your traitor ?

• edited July 2015

I don't think any lord would be good enough for Royland.

Royland.

• I spared Duncan in my playthrough. He knows about the North Grove and he also mentioned that he kept the secrets that mattered. Plus he is so understandable, also Gared will go wild when he returns to Ironrath with his Uncle is dead.

• First I was surprised that for me it was Royland because I thought it was going to be Duncan no matter what.

Then I wasn't sure what to do so my thought process consisted of:

'If I kill him, I'll have balls and if I spare him he'll call me out for having no balls'

I don't know why that concerned me so much. In the end though I spared him because I thought it was the only way to save Asher.

• Gave Royland a good punch first then stabbed him. No way was I about to let a traitor live, especially when his reasons were garbage.

• Royland always seems to promote showing strength even when your weak, which made him seem really reckless to me. Duncan seemed to have more rational view and seemed a lot wiser than Royland.

Royland is pushing up daisies. Why? I felt personally betrayed by the man. Also my family was straight up betrayed by the man. I don't give a shit about his rationale. You don't betray those you've sworn allegiance to and expect mercy!

• I killed Royland, he made a lot of stupid things and blames me when none of that was my fault. He brought this on himself.

• Yup. I spared Duncan for the exact reasons you mentioned. :D

Killah posted: »

I spared Duncan in my playthrough. He knows about the North Grove and he also mentioned that he kept the secrets that mattered. Plus he is so understandable, also Gared will go wild when he returns to Ironrath with his Uncle is dead.

• I avoid killing anyone when I can in TTG, heck I didn't even kill Birdsong. I learned mercy will get me killed in Westeros, but I'd rather die standing by my morals. :v

• edited July 2015

Killed Royland on the spot. Wish someone woulda brought up how in ep 1 he was supposed to be keeping soldiers out of the keep, but Ramsay and his gang just waltzed in and Royland was nowhere to be seen. Royland was pretty darn useless the entire game aside from his standing around, whining and making faces. Glad to be rid of him.

And turned out letting him live doesn't change the last act in any way, we just go to the port and don't look around for any ambush exactly the same way.

• I didn't kill Birdsong either. I kinda liked him. I like that kind of character, such a show-off.

fayescarlet posted: »

I avoid killing anyone when I can in TTG, heck I didn't even kill Birdsong. I learned mercy will get me killed in Westeros, but I'd rather die standing by my morals. :v

• edited July 2015

Yes, I did... I promised the girl who revealed him as a traitor to kill him or whatever (not sure exactly what I promised) So... I did just that. Duncan got what he deserved, never liked him anyway - a coward, can't have his type when I'm conducting my war plans! :P

• Indeed, plus he has such a cool-looking design, and we could use a quick-footed fighter in the war against the Whitehills.

Abeille posted: »

I didn't kill Birdsong either. I kinda liked him. I like that kind of character, such a show-off.

• Yes, I did. That bitch Duncan deserved to die and I was soo pleased by killing him!

• I had a weird shift in attitude when I made the transition from Ethan to Rodrick. As Ethan I played it safe, much as Duncan would have me do. As Rodrick I was more forceful and tended to side with Royland more often than not. I'm actually amazed by his lack of respect. He had it made under Rodrick!

Rousey4000 posted: »

Royland always seems to promote showing strength even when your weak, which made him seem really reckless to me. Duncan seemed to have more rational view and seemed a lot wiser than Royland.

• edited July 2015

I could have used him. I didn't think the pit fighters would follow me if I didn't respect their customs though.

Did Bloodsong survive the port massacre?

fayescarlet posted: »

Indeed, plus he has such a cool-looking design, and we could use a quick-footed fighter in the war against the Whitehills.

• After 3 playthroughs I realised that you can't change what happened at the port, which makes the: Defend my brother, Go to war and Ride to the coast decision meaningless.

oobga14 posted: »

Killed Royland on the spot. Wish someone woulda brought up how in ep 1 he was supposed to be keeping soldiers out of the keep, but Ramsay a

• I did the same thing. Picked Duncan, then I did every single thing Royland suggested. It really didn't make any sense.

I had a weird shift in attitude when I made the transition from Ethan to Rodrick. As Ethan I played it safe, much as Duncan would have me do

• No, even thought they were a traitor, they were trying to "help"

• So what three things did Royland say about Rodrik in your playthrough?

I had a weird shift in attitude when I made the transition from Ethan to Rodrick. As Ethan I played it safe, much as Duncan would have me do

• Killed Duncan for his crime.

• He says Rodrik avoided conflict, shying away from the impending war, because he is a cripple and stuff. Oh also he blamed him for Arthur's death. He didn't list anything specific that was part of any major choice, there was just an awkward cut.

So what three things did Royland say about Rodrik in your playthrough?

• Spared him because I thought it would save Asher (it ultimately did, but there went Rodrik). Didn't think much of him being Gareds uncle, and even though it's unlikely, I'm hoping the opportunity will rise again to kill the traitor. Would've been better if I could kill him after getting the information, but that isn't very Rodrik-esque. If the opportunity is given later as Asher, I'd do it without hesitation.

• I gave Royland a chance to explain himself, but he wanted to whine and blame Rodrick for what he did. I punched him trying to knock some sense into him and it didn't work, so I killed him.

P.S. I didn't like how he called Rodrick and Ethen weak, for his recklessness.

P.P.S. If I had chosen Royland as sentinel, I would have sent Duncan to the jail sell. But I will never choose Royland as my sentinel, so I will never get this option.

• I can't remember much of what Royland said because I was pretty ragey at the time but he did slag off on Rodrick for being a cripple. He also bitched about Lady Elaena and myself going on about our "feelings." I was really pissed so i didn't absorb a lot of what he said as I was waiting for the "Kill Royland" option to pop up on my screen. ;)

So what three things did Royland say about Rodrik in your playthrough?

• Duncan's reasoning was something I'd expect out of a person with brain damage, but I let him live. After I punched him in the face.

• I killed Duncan, because his actions are endangering my family and his betrayal is not only to the Forresters but also to Gared. When he said that he know Ludd's plans, I have no reasons to trust him because he already betrayed my trust.

• Spared Royland. Wanted to get as much use from him as possible. Shame it didn't amount to much. Maybe next episode some detrimental thing will happen from their character.

• Duncan was a stooge and should have stuck with being a pig farmer. I will not leave an enemy at my back if I can help it so I killed him.

• thats actually what i was thinking, if their actually covering for someone else that explain why is so contradictory their betrayal.
    but it would need a detailed explanation.

Miny77 posted: »

I didnt kill him; a) Because Im hoping they werent the true traitor and were covering for someone (explains their shit excuses) b) Talia has preferred violence lately and I dont like that. c) They might redeem themselves

• Bloodsong. And yes, he does survive the port massacre(you see him behind the gate).

I could have used him. I didn't think the pit fighters would follow me if I didn't respect their customs though. Did Bloodsong survive the port massacre?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.