Favourite scene to play so far

As players of "Game of Thrones" I think we can all agree the first play of any episode is the best due to the unknown, the limited time to make choices and the difficulty of many choices.

Which was your favorite scene to play so far? Try to remember your first time going through the scene. Mine was in episode 3 "The Sword in the Darkness" when Gared was lighting torches on top of the wall, and you face Britt, the Whitehill who killed your family. The duel ensues, you kill him, avenging your father and sister by kicking him off the wall. Enjoyed it better than a movie.

Comments

• My favourite scene is Asher giving his speech to the pit fighters with Rodrik standing up to Gryff as a close second.

• This one.

enter image description here

Seriously though, pissing off Lord Andros was so much fun. I wanna do it again.

• I liked playing ALL of Ethan's scenes. The sentencing part was my favourite.

I really feel like Ethan could have been the greatest Telltale Games protagonist of all time.

• Maiming Gryff in episode 4. :)

• That's my favorite scene too! :)

TheCatWolf posted: »

This one. Seriously though, pissing off Lord Andros was so much fun. I wanna do it again.

• Mira in the coronation feast (Ep 4) and Gared hunting with Silvy (Ep 5)

• I liked Gared's training scene (Ep. 2), Mira at the coronation (Ep. 4), but my overall favorite is definitely Rodrik standing up to Gryff (Ep. 3). That scene was so well written and performed (especially the VA of Gryff) that it is not only my favorite scene from this game, but one of my favorite Telltale scenes.

• Killing Britt, standing up to Gryff, maiming Gryff, hunting with Sylvi, and Asher winning over the pit fighters.

• Playing the game with Mira during Tommen's coronation feast was my favourite scene by far. I'm occupying one of my saved games with a game saved right before the scene starting so I can replay it whenever I want.

• I feel like Ethan would've been a great protagonist as well but yet I feel that Telltale made the right move killing him off.

I liked playing ALL of Ethan's scenes. The sentencing part was my favourite. I really feel like Ethan could have been the greatest Telltale Games protagonist of all time.

• Asher vs Bloodsong.

• Yes, that felt gooood!

TheCatWolf posted: »

This one. Seriously though, pissing off Lord Andros was so much fun. I wanna do it again.

• Killing him certainly helped set the tone, but I still can't help but think what could have been.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I feel like Ethan would've been a great protagonist as well but yet I feel that Telltale made the right move killing him off.

• Loved the scene where you're up on the Wall and Britt antagonizes the fight and I'm trying my best to just play defense but it ended up getting messy. I felt like that moment spoke a lot about how Gared's character was forming in my head.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

I love the anger and embarrassment in Gryff's voice after you do that

This one

• It was a simple scene, but Rodrik reuniting with Talia and sharing a hug, will always be the most heartwarming and my favorite scene in the game. Talia has just lost her twin brother, her little brother has been taken by the Whitehills, Mira is in King's Landing and Asher is far away in Essos. She must have felt awfully lonely and sad. Then suddenly, Rodrik who was thought to be dead, return to Ironrath, not well but alive. I can't help but feel so happy at the thought of Talia's joy of knowing that Rodrik survive, having her big brother back, not being lonely any more and having someone to comfort her.

enter image description here
    ((Took me a while to take the pic and first time posting pics on internet. Not the finest, but hope you like it. :) ))

• edited August 2015

With Rodrik coming back anyway, he could have become a npc while Rodrik took his place as a POV character.

But yes, it helped setting the tone, though I don't think it was a necessary thing to make the story move forward.

Killing him certainly helped set the tone, but I still can't help but think what could have been.

• Asher's sneaking mission at the end of Episode 4 was SO much fun. all the different options you get on where to attack and hide was fantastic.

• All the scenes with daenarys and jon snow

• Standing up to Gryff (ep 3)

Killing Britt (ep 3)

Imprisoning the Whitehills (ep 4)

Mira at the coronation feast (ep 4)

Mereen mission (ep 4)

Asher vs Bloodsong (ep 5)

• I feel like if they had simply kept Ethan alive there would have been no need for Rodrik's return (even with as much as I like Rodrik), he could have simply died at the Twins. I agree, I don't think his death was necessary either, it helped with the tone, but I think that Ethan adapting to his new and unexpected position would have made a much better story than what we got.

Abeille posted: »

With Rodrik coming back anyway, he could have become a npc while Rodrik took his place as a POV character. But yes, it helped setting the tone, though I don't think it was a necessary thing to make the story move forward.

• Highpoint was the best scene of the entire series so far. So much tension and finally Rodrik getting the better of Ludd. It was like the Rise of Rodrik.

• I loved the mission in Mereen

• Yeah this is a touching scene, especially in windowed mode.

It was a simple scene, but Rodrik reuniting with Talia and sharing a hug, will always be the most heartwarming and my favorite scene in the

• edited August 2015

Definitely the "Stand up to Gryff" stuff in Episode 3.

• "You should FEAR me. I am in charge HEREEEE!"

• "DO YOU KNOW WHAT THEY DID TO ME AT THE TWINS? SHRED MY FACE! PUT THEIR SWORDS THROUGH ME! THEY TRIED TO SMASH MY SKULL OPEN! But they couldn't kill me... and you're not the man to finish the job."

1. Gared vs Britt Round 1 EP1
    2. Rodrik returning EP2
    3. Giving Finn a black eye EP2
    4. Drogon scene EP3
    5. Gared vs Britt final Round EP3
    6. Rodrik standing up to Gryff EP3
    7. Britt's corpse EP4
    8. Rodrik kisses Elaena EP4
    9. Maiming Gryff EP4 (even though it doesn't matter On EP 5 :| )
    10. Mira ends her role on EP 4 by doing a smug face
    11. Gared Vs Wildlings EP4
    12. The Trade EP4
    13. "Iron From Ice!"-Ryon EP4
    14. Arthur getting flayed...i dunno but I just lmao-Ed a little ( I'm not evil, ok?) EP5
    15. Asher vs Bloodsong EP5
    16. Mira and Tyrion scene EP5
    17. Gared vs Wights EP5
    18. The Traitor EP5
    19. "prepare the horses. We're going to defend my brother."-Rodrik EP5
    20. The ending scene in EP5
  • Here's my top 5:

5- Maiming Gryff, that was lovely, just lovely.

4- Standing up to Gryff. That speech at the end... Rodrik is the best.

3- Mira's "Don't be dramatic, i'm just getting started" to Andros.

2- Fighting against Britt, that was very fun to play, and very rewarding.

1- That scene at Highpoint, calling Ludd's bluff, Rodrik was living the moment.

1. Standing up to Gryff
    2. Rodrick getting Glenmore poutine
  • Defintly Beating Gryff arse !!

• My favourite is the scene in ep 3 when gared fights britt. So awesome

• Word.

Do you even need to ask? enter link description here

• edited August 2015

1.) Standing up to Gryff ep. 3

2.) Beating up Gryff ep. 4

3.) Invitation To Highpoint ep. 4

4.) Gryffs Arrival to Ironrath ep. 3

5.) Confronting Duncan (as traitor) ep. 5

6.) Leaving Rodrik Behind x Saving Asher ep. 5

7.) Fighting Britt ep. 3

8.) Talias Song ep. 2

9.) Beskhas Slave Story ep. 4

10.) Confronting whitehill soilders in Ironrath (who mocked ethans death) ep. 3

Only plan on having one playthrough anyway, so yeah.

• Gared finding his father.

• Bowchickawowwow.

Also, poutine is freakin delicious btw.

Drbg posted: »

* Standing up to Gryff * Rodrick getting Glenmore poutine

• Definitely more entertaining to get "into" the game like a novel or a movie. Well said.

It was a simple scene, but Rodrik reuniting with Talia and sharing a hug, will always be the most heartwarming and my favorite scene in the

• That was a fun scene to play. Mira playing "the Game of Thrones" to help her family. I felt like I had to say just the right things to get the information that was needed. Got a bit anxious too.

Abeille posted: »

Playing the game with Mira during Tommen's coronation feast was my favourite scene by far. I'm occupying one of my saved games with a game saved right before the scene starting so I can replay it whenever I want.

• And the winner is... Beating the crap out of Gryph! Seems like the overall favorite. Thanks for the discussion folks.

• Great # 1 pick. My first time playing that, I attacked and got everyone killed George R.R. Martin style.

Here's my top 5: 5- Maiming Gryff, that was lovely, just lovely. 4- Standing up to Gryff. That speech at the end... Rodrik is the best

Sign in to comment in this discussion.