The Ice Dragon - My Plot (UPDATE)

edited August 2015 in Game Of Thrones

Previously on Game of Thrones.

Ramsay disemboweling Arthur, Asher killing/sparing Bloodsong, Talia making Rodrik promise, Traitor being executed/imprisoned and Asher/Rodrik falling at the hands of the Whitehills.

Episode begins.

Asher/Rodrik

The survivors of the ambush at the Westerosi Coast ride back to Ironrath and Talia is sitting outside gazing at the gate, seeing shadows approach she runs to let them in only to find Asher/Rodrik missing.

T: "Where is he..? What's happened?!"
A/R: (A) He's gone.. Talia. (B) Gryff's men slaughtered him (X) We were ambushed. (Y) ...
T: "No.. not again.. why?!".
A/R: "It came suddenly.. we couldn't do anything and we were trapped. Asher/Rodrik saved my life.. I will never forget that. But now is not the time to mourn, it's time to kill some Whitehills.

They prepare for the final war with the Whitehills claiming that there will be casualties but this is where it's at. They prepare and Talia indicates she wants to come too.

DECISION
Bring Talia/Tell her to stay

[Bring her] - Ok, but please... be careful. I can't risk losing you too.
[Tell her to stay] - It's much safer if you remain here, at home... I can't risk losing you.

Talia will then come or angrily walking away back inside the doors of Ironrath where Elissa and the Maester are covering.

Mira
Mira is shoved into Tyrion's room by Lucan where Cersei asks if she found out who Tyrion will call forth, Mira can lie or tell the truth and Lucan will tell Cersei that she is a traitor.

C: So, it appears you have spoken with him? What did he say?
M: (A) Nothing, my lady. (B) He provided some names. (X) He twisted my words. (Y) ... - a slap from Lucan
L: The girl was stupid, she ruined it and the Imp saw under her nose.
C: "I see, did he say whom?"
M: (A) Varys. (B) House Forrester (C) Lord Tarwick (D) Sera.
C: "I see, well you've done enough it seems..you are free to go for now."

Mira bumps into Morgryn on the way back to her chambers, a rather sad Morgryn announces Andros has been executed, a nasty man but still a friend.. Morgryn has managed to get Mira several ships of soldiers and they are on their way to the lord of Ironrath as they speak.

Lucan appears from nowhere and takes Mira forcefully to the cells, not before knocking out Morgryn with one punch. In prison, a help is heard with guards running to find out, Tom appears asking her questions of why she is in prison. Mira can tell him to go away or help her get out of here.

Decision
Tell Tom she is already getting help/Ask Tom for help

Regardless, Tom will help you stating he's been a friend to her longer than Morgryn has.

Gared
Gared along with Cotter and Sylvi make their way north, running from the approaching wights. They manage to hide behind a large rock avoiding them at one point. After a talk, Sylvi explains that they cannot simply go and they should return South while the wights are heading North. Gared disagrees and presses on with them until a argument breaks loose drawing wights back from the north and forward from the south (A wight which is revealed to be Finn) approaches too.

They are trapped, a fair distance from each other, a spear pierces Sylvi's foot but manages to quickly pull it out before kneeling down to tend to it, also Cotter falls to the ground of his injury with their encounter with the wildlings, regardless if you patched him up or not. Gared looks left and right and knows he'll have to save one or the other.
Decision
Save Sylvi/Save Cotter

If Sylvi is saved, Cotter will be stabbed through the chest, she'll run with Gared but look back to say No under her voice before blaming Gared for his death.
If Cotter was saved, Sylvi will fight off multiple wights before being stabbed through the lower abdomen. Cotter will blame Gared for her death, marking he should have saved her.

They continue to run.

Mira
It's night in KL and, Mira's gate is unguarded, if Mira had a key, she can open the door to which she will escape and make her way to her chambers to gather her things until Margarey appears and talks to her. Margarey will alert the guards if the player took her family seal and forced Sera to get her into the coronation, if the player didn't do those things, she will not alert the guards and Mira is free to go home.

Shouting and arguing can be heard from Morgryn and Tom, both have two horses and supplies and both see Mira telling her that she can go with one of them. Guards start to run towards the trio.

Decision
Go with Morgryn/Go with Tom

The one that stays will be killed by the Lannister guards.

Gared
Gared and the surviving sibling, will venture on together both sad at the events of what happened. If Cotter was saved (and you took the medical supplies from the Maester) then you can patch him up, which'll only lift his spirits a bit. "Cheers." he'll remark.

Cotter explains, he knows what the North Grove is and he can tell Gared all about it on the way back so he can see Sylvi and bury her.

Upon reaching the North Grove, they realize it's nothing but a forest which has already been taken over.

"This is the North Grove.. after everything?!". The sibling will grow angry and then start to fight Gared marking that it is all their fault for bringing them here for nothing too.

Gared manages to beat the sibling, stating that it was their choice if they wanted to come.. he can then either walk away alone or offer a hand to come back with him.

They press on, looking to go home only to find more wights approaching, the sibling will say they want to be with their family, Gared will run from the wights while Sylvi/Cotter will fight off the wights only to be killed.

Asher/Rodrik
The corpse of the dead brother is being cut open, punched and stabbed repeatedly by the soldiers of House Whitehill, until Ludd announces they are going to war too seeing Asher/Rodrik on the horizon with the army they have.

They run into battle, Bloodsong quickly takes out seventeen Whitehill soldiers and manages to kill Harys before being stabbed by Gryff.

G: "This is pathetic Asher/Rodrik.. you don't know when you are beaten do you!".

As the two run past countless soldiers battling, Asher/Rodrik sees Amaya's dead body lying down on the ground with a knife in her neck.

Ludd sees an injured Gryff and becomes the most angriest he has ever been, engaging in a fight with many soldiers until he reaches his target, A/R.

Lu: "I cannot wait too feed your dead body to the crows."
Ser R/Duncan: "Over my dead body.. you fcking bstard! I'll kill you.. you...

Ser Royland/Duncan manages to strike Ludd in the shoulder injuring his arm, Ser R/Duncan is then killed easily by Ludd after a couple of scraps with a sword.

Lu: "It's a good thing I trained with both arms. Y'know I had hoped Ethan would of been here but of course.. he's dead isn't he and after I'm done with you.. I'll take the pleasure of FLAYING RYON!".
A/R: "Over my dead body..."
Lu: "So be it."

A battle commences between the two, Ludd gaining an upper hand on the fight but it's A/R who emerges victorious until a broken Gwyn comes rushing.

G: "Please don't kill him! He's your sworn enemy but YOU CAN'T DO THIS.. PLEASE ASHER/RODRIK.. DON'T KILL HIM!."

Decision
Kill Ludd/Spare Ludd

If Ludd is killed, a crying Gwyn will try and attack A/R but cannot bring herself to stab him and flees.

If Ludd is spared, Beskha will immediately stab him through the back, a crying Gwyn will try and attack A/R but cannot bring herself to stab him and flees.

When the battle seems won, Gryff rises and looks around noticing his father in particular lying dead on the ground.

A/R and Gryff engage in a battle, the two fight:
The brother will fight Gryff and Talia/Soldier will stab Gryff on the back of the neck, it then gives A/R the chance to take down Gryff and have the option to kill him or spare him, sparing him results in Beskha stabbing him in the back.

The battle for the Forresters is won, they look at the field of dead soldiers and gladly triumph, they run to Highpoint to get Ryon only to find Gwyn sitting in a chair where the meeting was held, she has soldiers with crossbows in a similar fashion to when they last visited Highpoint.

Gwyn marks, that as the temporary ruler of Highpoint, she says she has placed Ryon in House Bolton for their own good. She moves her hand in the air and lowers it. The screen goes black, with a groan from Rodrik. If the player is Asher, she will ask him to sit so they can have a "little chat".

END

A cliffhanger is shown, only Gared is seen walking to the gates of Ironrath exactly how he did at the beginning of his unforgettable journey to the North Grove. On the outskirts of KL, Mira will be riding a horse, along with either Morgryn or Tom.

Choices:

• You and 0% brought Talia along/You and 0% told Talia to remain at Ironrath
  • You and 0% told Tom she is getting help/You and 0% asked for Tom's help
  • You and 0% saved Sylvi/You and 0% saved Cotter
  • You and 0% saved Lord Morgryn/You and 0% saved Tom
  • You and 0% killed Ludd/You and 0% spared Ludd

Deaths

• Lord Andros (confirmed)
  • Sylvi
  • Cotter
  • Rickard Morgryn (player-determined)
  • Tom (player-determined)
  • Amaya
  • Harys
  • Ludd Whitehill
  • Gryff Whitehill
  • Four wights
  • Unnamed Ironrath soldiers
  • Unnamed Whitehill soldiers
  • Unnamed pit fighters
  • Ser Royland (if was picked as Sentinel)
  • Duncan Tuttle (if was picked as Sentinel)
  • Rodrik Forrester (if saved in Westerosi)

Will continue to update this as much as possible.

Comments

• I like you and if I have the chance to meet you I will give you the most sincere high five

• I'm not sure I'd believe Ludd could beat Royland and get the upper hand over Asher and Rodrik.

• edited August 2015

Walder Frey can barely move around on his own, I seriously doubt he would march against Ironrath in person.

I like your plot for the episode, and some of the decisions seem like they really could happen.

Decision Go with Morgryn/Go with Tom

The one that stays will be stabbed by the Lannister guards.

Gods, this decision would kill me. I would hate if TellTale made my two favourite King's Landing characters determinant. If they didn't die if you didn't pick them, I would go with Morgryn easily, but causing Tom's death would kill me. But causing Morgryn's death on such a situation would also kill me. Ugh. You are evil.

• I like this except for two things, Asher/Rodrik have the exact same dialogue options and Ludd kills Gryff, Ludd does care about Gryff we saw that in EP4. Your ideas are interesting though.

• Huehuehue. The Ludd decision was my favourite.

• I really like your plot. It would be interesting if the story turned out that way. =)

• Interesting, but why would the Freys show up at Ironrath?

• TTG Style.

Abeille posted: »

Walder Frey can barely move around on his own, I seriously doubt he would march against Ironrath in person. I like your plot for the epis

• Its like what Tyrion said in the show

Walder Frye can be many things , but a brave man ? No

Abeille posted: »

Walder Frey can barely move around on his own, I seriously doubt he would march against Ironrath in person. I like your plot for the epis

• Liked everything, but I can't see the ending happening. Also, Ludd killing Gryff and Royland/Duncan aswell as almost Asher/Rodrik seems a bit plot armor like.

• Nice. Maybe the choice for Gared could be to Save Cotter or Save Sylvi since some unused dialogue in episode 5 indicates that's what was going to happen. Gwyn would probably understand why her Father and Brother have to die seeing as how they killed an Ally to her or her former Lover and maybe turn on them.

• Unused dialogue? Any links to that information.. and yeah I cannot seem to make a plot up for Gared's chapter of this episode.. still mixing those ideas around.

reply671 posted: »

Nice. Maybe the choice for Gared could be to Save Cotter or Save Sylvi since some unused dialogue in episode 5 indicates that's what was goi

• Listen more to the end, you'll hear Cotter and Sylvi there()

IR0NR4TH posted: »

Unused dialogue? Any links to that information.. and yeah I cannot seem to make a plot up for Gared's chapter of this episode.. still mixing those ideas around.

• I think there should not be a "Previously on Game of Thrones." Segment. I would Prefer a smash-cut intro

• Indeed there is

IR0NR4TH posted: »

Unused dialogue? Any links to that information.. and yeah I cannot seem to make a plot up for Gared's chapter of this episode.. still mixing those ideas around.

• That's a very awesome plot and your decisions are very good. :)

• Oh man... that ending... its like the Season 5 finale of GoT when everything ended with a cliffhanger (evil Brienne who may or may not have killed Stannis, Jon Snow/Targaryen who may or may not be dead and Marcella who may or may not have been lethally poisoned - though she probably was).

After reading this I realize that Gwyn Whitehill is indeed a legitimately interesting character - the only one in Highpoint whom I'd prefer not to kill. While I do feel torn up over the possibility of the Ice Dragon ending with another cliffhanger, on the bright side that means that the story of House Forrester will continue in TTG's GoT S2 which I would very much like to do. Alternatively if Episode 6 does have a definitive ending, then as good as that would be that could also mean TTG won't continue the story of the Forresters.

Too bad Season 2 probably won't come out until 2017. We'll probably get a DLC in mid-2016 maybe. If we do get an ending like the one you wrote then I'd likely have the same feeling I had when I finished Episode 5 - namely that I wanted to play the next episode immediately. So much emotional rage I wanted to vent out - to bad by the time the next episode comes out the shock value of the Ep5 ending will have a reduced emotional impact to it. In this scenario I would feel mentally tortured - I've survived from death, lost loved ones, betrayed by those I trusted and I still couldn't rescue my little brother over the course of nearly a year (when the first episode was released) and now I have to wait for another year before finally getting some resolution...

The North Grove reveal... I had previously speculated that it was located somewhere near the Antler River within the Haunted Forest:
    https://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/97286/the-north-grove-is-a-haunted-forest/

If it does turn out to be just an ordinary forest with no use to House Forrester miles away at Ironrath then that would feel... surprisingly bittersweet.

I think the R/A were my favourite.

• edited August 2015

I really like your story and most of it is awesome. But I dont like your Rodrik ending and final battle. Why do you think Asher is able to beat Gryff and Rodrik isnt? Rodrik was able to easily beat Gryff before when he couldnt walk properly and now hes fit again and has even better chances now. Asher on the other hand is badly wounded on his leg with an arrow and couldnt walk properly. I think Telltale wanted us to show with that that they are "now" both on the same level (physically+sword fight) since they have both a wounded right leg. They even killed the same amount of Whitehills when you chose them to sacrifice themselves. And like I said, Royland trained Rodrik to learn how to fight with a wounded leg. And Rodrik was described as the Forresters best warrior by far, Asher on the other hand has much experience by fighting in Essos. They are definetly on the same level in combat.

And I dont think Gwyn will try to kill neither Rodrik nor Asher. If Asher was killed by Gryff she will be sad and upset and see how her father and brother really are. But I think she would still be sad about their deaths. If Rodrik was killed she will meet Asher and wont attack him because she probably has feelings for him and would be sad about Rodriks death "if" he tried to make peace (obeyed to Gryff and dindt hurt him later). And I dont think Gwyn would order to kill anyone.

But the rest of your story is pretty cool. Iam not a big fan of "reading" storys, but yours was very interesting, nice work :)

• Meh. Not a fan.

• edited August 2015

Nooooo I hope that doesn't happen!

• Great story! Really enjoyed it and seemed to fit realistically with the storyline :)

• Very interesting ideas and I think this is very possible to happen. Telltale wants us to think that there will be a satisfying ending like the walking dead but not every series comes down to an ending like this.

• edited August 2015

Hate how this pretty much says "Fuck you Rodrik fans! You made the wrong choice! HahaHA!" with him certainly dying at the end while Asher's fate is much less implied to have gone that way.

Not that that was the intention here, but it really does feel way too lopsided. Especially when taking into account everything N8eule said above about Gwyn. Don't see why Gwyn would truly desire the death of a Rodrik who always worked with her towards peace and attempted to spare the life of her father. Afterall, even if Rodrik had been awful to Gwyn and her family, she'll still look ashamed and say "I'm so sorry, Rodrik..." after the events of Highpoint.

This would be a lot better in my eyes if Rodrik and Asher's endings were both left equally vague.

And perhaps sparing Ludd's result would make more sense should he have attempted to attack again anyways only to be killed by Beskha.

• I hope there was more of north grove that that after all that secret map and all!!

• edited August 2015

this is a cool story but just one little correction, house bolton is the only house that flays because flaying has been outlawed in the north (this is a distinction that isn't really talked about in the game so if you haven't watched the show or read the books you wouldn't have known)

i still very much agree with what will happen ludd (him threatening to harm ryon and maybe actually doing it and dying from revenge) just a different form of torture other than flaying

• edited August 2015

There should be a scene where Ramsay randomly shows up again for no reason and slowly flays Talia while the player is forced to watch, and can't do anything about it because plot. Then Ramsay fucks off and never returns.... Again

• I can see the Sylvi/Cotter choice coming, but I think they at least will survive the season.

• If Duncan is the traitor and you spare his life and you save Rodrik, I would like to see something like this:

Talia: Why Rodrik, why did you let him alive?

Rodrik: Because of Gared. Even though I wanted to end that traitor's life I couldn't bring myself to kill Gared's last relative.

And see Talia's reaction.

• OR to know the whitehill's plans.

• You're goddamn right

• This is very good except for a few things

• I don't think Ludd would be that skilled with a sword. Maybe he can take out a couple soldiers but not as many as you said, I seriously doubt he would even stand a chance against Asher/Rodrik
    • The North Grove being pretty much worthless would be a major disappointment after all this time searching for it
    • I disagree with pretty much everything you said about Gwyn (except being upset at Ludd and Gryff's deaths)
  • Well, i wanted to kill the traitor and then I thought he might still be useful so I spared his life. I just hope I'm right!

RAFAELAM96 posted: »

You're goddamn right

Sign in to comment in this discussion.