Middle: An Interactive Story

Comments

• Honestly, I feel like the way you're writing Alistair isn't accurate to how I created him.

My bad. I'll make Alistair more accurate in my future writings.

AgentZ46 posted: »

[Go back inside the house and face King Tarly II] I will lose my mind if Alisha dies! Honestly, I feel like the way you're writing Alistair isn't accurate to how I created him.

• The story's been quiet for a while. What's the deal?

• What is the deal? Well, I have been busy (I still am) and I need to solve some issues. Sorry, my bad. I'll try not to have any personal (you know, "real life") stuff, that I need to do, just to continue writing about fictional characters in a fictional place. My life isn't going as planned now, so, if two weeks pass and this thread continues quiet, the deal will be that the story must end with a cliffhanger.

The story's been quiet for a while. What's the deal?

• I didn't mean to offend you or pressure you I was just wondering if this story was still happening. I'm sorry.

FauDeef posted: »

What is the deal? Well, I have been busy (I still am) and I need to solve some issues. Sorry, my bad. I'll try not to have any personal (you

• edited November 2015

Don't feel sorry (although I forgive you, if you want me to). I have been a bit harsh myself.

The story is still happening, but I need a break from writing it so that, later on, I can dedicate myself to it more and better.

As said before, if it takes me over two weeks to form any new news, it won't be happening (more later the sooner).

Sorry, and thanks for your patience.

I didn't mean to offend you or pressure you I was just wondering if this story was still happening. I'm sorry.

• No problem, take as much time as you need.

Don't feel sorry (although I forgive you, if you want me to). I have been a bit harsh myself. The story is still happening, but I need a

• edited June 2016

Sorry for the long wait. I've been busy lately. I will try to make more parts now that I have the time.

[Go back inside the house and face King Tarly II]

[Drakethys leave the house][Drakethys stay]

• :( Linea killed so early, it does fit, but it still makes me sad. I can't wait to see how Tamaya reacts to this.

[Drakethys stay]

Sorry for the long wait. I've been busy lately. I will try to make more parts now that I have the time. [Go back inside the house and face King Tarly II] [Drakethys leave the house][Drakethys stay]

• [Drakethys leave the house]

Isn't that safer for them? This Shaldrick guy brings up a good point. I mean, I don't know if they can trust him, but after seeing what the king is capable of, his argument doesn't seem to be too far fetched. Also, damn it, Linea. The king is really a bastard.

Sorry for the long wait. I've been busy lately. I will try to make more parts now that I have the time. [Go back inside the house and face King Tarly II] [Drakethys leave the house][Drakethys stay]

• I can't help but think this encounter would've worked out better if Tamaya had stayed.

• Nothing works out "better" in Middle. There's only two ways the world works in Middle: bad or sad. So, Tamaya left with Valaena, but better and worse aren't options. Stuff happens, and that's all.

In the good news, if Linea had gone to the tavern (leaving Alisha alone with the king), it would have ended up much worse in Alisha's point of view.

I can't help but think this encounter would've worked out better if Tamaya had stayed.

• Yes, it is safer... at first. But, can you trust a stranger? Although, the alternative is not much better.

About Linea: in the last part, it was voted to go back in the house. She died because of you (the voters). Every action has its reaction, with non being better nor worse than the other one.

Finally, thank you for not liking the king. I'm trying to make him unlikeble. It makes me feel glad hearing that my writing move the emotions of its readers.

[Drakethys leave the house] Isn't that safer for them? This Shaldrick guy brings up a good point. I mean, I don't know if they can trust

• edited November 2015

Voting closed with [Drakethys leave the house] as the most voted. Stuff will happen

On a side note, who would you want to read next: Galahan's story or Nimidia's?

• edited June 2016

[Drakethys leave the house]

[Believe her and confront Griffin] [Kill her for being a traitor] [Imprison her for being a traitor]

• [Imprison her for being a traitor]

[Drakethys leave the house] [Believe her and confront Griffin] [Kill her for being a traitor] [Imprison her for being a traitor]

• [Kill her for being a traitor]

[Drakethys leave the house] [Believe her and confront Griffin] [Kill her for being a traitor] [Imprison her for being a traitor]

• [Believe her and confront Griffin]

• edited December 2015

This looks interesting...... I might join later (if its not too late)

• It is never too late. Join if you want to, it would be fantastic.

Lord_EAA posted: »

This looks interesting...... I might join later (if its not too late)

• edited June 2016

[Imprison her for being a traitor]

[MEET THE PEOPLE][IGNORE THE PEOPLE]

• [IGNORE THE PEOPLE]

I think he should feel guilty that Yuma is wounded and ignore those people... even if it would be quite good for story continuation to meet some new people. Glad to read about Yuma and Galahan again, was some time. :-)

• "But I would walk ten thousand steps just to walk a lot for you and Reio." and drop down at your door! [MEET THE PEOPLE]

[Imprison her for being a traitor] [MEET THE PEOPLE][IGNORE THE PEOPLE]

• edited December 2015

I'm glad that, although being a bit hard, you got the reference.

husmusen posted: »

"But I would walk ten thousand steps just to walk a lot for you and Reio." and drop down at your door! [MEET THE PEOPLE]

• [MEET THE PEOPLE]

I think meeting these people sounds like the more interesting option. Let's give it a try :)

• [IGNORE THE PEOPLE]

• [MEET THE PEOPLE]

• edited December 2015

I want to be clear to you. This story isn't actually mine. I'm not the one who created it, but the one who put it together. To explain it better, I need to start from the most important part.

Ages ago, at a lost land that mysteriously disappeared, only one story survived. We were able to find that story.

The story is the story that was carved into some papers. Many of them had been scattered around the world. The story doesn't even have a proper title to it. People call it "That Scattered Novel". That is why I call it "Middle", since the only thing known about it is that it's set in the Middle Ages.

To seek the true story, the people who had the time to put all the pages together to make some sense, put all the pages together.

The story is summed up for you by me, since the original novel has many pages of those types of descriptions with tons of adverbs and adjectives. I am a very busy person, so I summed it up instead of sleeping or during the time I should have been preparing for my next exam.

If you really want to read the original, you're on the wrong side of the internet. Sorry, my bad (I don't know why you're still reading this then, but continue reading if it amuses you). It may be hard for you to search for the original novel since it is very unpopular. 60 million copies weren't sold worldwide nor it hasn't been translated into 45 languages.

Before we continue the story, I need to announce that, since these ancient papers had been scattered, some details are unknown, leaving some “plot holes” and “loose ends”. Also, we should not forget that this book was translated into English from a strange language, so there may be some errors, such as concepts that do not make sense. It is totally not an excuse to cover up my poor writing skills.

So… that's it, enjoy.

• He should totally feel guilty, although nothing is good in this Interactive Story. On the side note, I am glad that you are glad to read about Yuma and Galahan.

Mathea posted: »

[IGNORE THE PEOPLE] I think he should feel guilty that Yuma is wounded and ignore those people... even if it would be quite good for story continuation to meet some new people. Glad to read about Yuma and Galahan again, was some time. :-)

• Voting closed wit [MEET THE PEOPLE]

The choice you voted is important for the story and, of course, for the plot. The next part is going towards a solid plot that actually seems like a plot.

The holidays are coming, therefore, I would probably advance the story much faster than I usually do.

See you soon.

• edited June 2016

[MEET THE PEOPLE]

[BURN THE PAPER][GIVE THE PAPER TO SOMEONE ELSE][KEEP THE PAPER FOR SELF]

• [KEEP THE PAPER FOR SELF] It may be useful at a later time.

I might've made a mistake when writing her but could you double check Valaena's character description? She's meant to be the Drakethys children's auntie, their mothers sister.

[MEET THE PEOPLE] [BURN THE PAPER][GIVE THE PAPER TO SOMEONE ELSE][KEEP THE PAPER FOR SELF]

• You haven't made a mistake since, in her dscripton, you have put "aunt to the Drakethys children".

[KEEP THE PAPER FOR SELF] It may be useful at a later time. I might've made a mistake when writing her but could you double check Valaena's character description? She's meant to be the Drakethys children's auntie, their mothers sister.

• Then why did Tamaya introduce Valaena as her older sister and not her aunt?

You haven't made a mistake since, in her dscripton, you have put "aunt to the Drakethys children".

• edited December 2015

Oops! My bad. I don't know what happened to me since I made a mistake. Sorry, but now the error is corrected. :P

Then why did Tamaya introduce Valaena as her older sister and not her aunt?

• [GIVE THE PAPER TO SOMEONE ELSE]

I agree with Agent, it might be useful later, even though I don't know exactly how it could be useful for a simple bard. However, at the same time I am afraid how the king would react if she keeps the paper for herself without telling anyone. We know that the guy is a short-tempered tyrant, so I guess not telling someone else about this paper could be very dangerous for Bardric if the king finds out about it later.

[MEET THE PEOPLE] [BURN THE PAPER][GIVE THE PAPER TO SOMEONE ELSE][KEEP THE PAPER FOR SELF]

Sign in to comment in this discussion.