Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• Yeah probably not especially with the governor but he would have survived a lot longer

slattern posted: »

Seeing what happened to Dexter (who was also a murderer) and later what happened to the entire Prison. I don't think Lee would have survived there.

• *The cop that is driving Lee to prison in Season 1 is Vernon's brother.

*Kenny, Duck and his awesome pick-up truck make a cameo in the opening scene to 400 Days. Kenny mentions at Hershel's that he first encountered a walker at a truck stop. Day 1 - Kenny first encounters walker. Day 2 - Vince's story and so on and so on.

• Its probably reused models, but when Lee is in the police car you will see Shawn's ute out the window.

*In the comics, Hershel mentions to Rick that the last time he let people in "everything went wrong".

• In Episode 3 Season 2, while looking for the disc for the mic, you will see a tape. The same tape Lee has the option of watching in Crawford. Its 99% likely that its a reused model, but its fun to think about.

*In episode 4 season 2, Clem can tell Jane she used to pretend her babysitter, Sandra, was her "secret sister".

• Lee has a magic compartment in his ass.

*If you wait long enough while chopping that guys leg off in Season 1, Travis, Ben's friend will urge Mark to help. Mark accidentally shoots him and you take Travis with you instead. If you ask Ben if his teacher was bitten, and this happens, Kenny still calls out Ben on lying.

• Sarah pointing a gun at her head and saying 'bang' when you don't teach her how to use the gun could be foreshadowing her losing the will to live and wanting to die

• Danny or Justin's walker will show up briefly if you refuse a ride from Nate.

• The cop that is driving Lee to prison in Season 1 is Vernon's brother.

Where did you get that information?

*The cop that is driving Lee to prison in Season 1 is Vernon's brother. *Kenny, Duck and his awesome pick-up truck make a cameo in the op

• Jane deliberately maimed Troy in an extremely painful way because it made him better walker bait, not because she felt anything about him.

• Okay, I admit it. Its a fan theory going around. They look pretty similar and Vernon mentions he has a brother in Macon.

The cop that is driving Lee to prison in Season 1 is Vernon's brother. Where did you get that information?

• Jesus, are you fucking kidding me?!

• Beatrice.

Robojeeves posted: »

What about season 1 episode 3? Unless you count a few unnamed bandits. Some bandits most likely died in Ruins also.

• Now I'm crying :(

Listen to this song while thinking of Sarah http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K4PGpXsOAI

• Don't know if anyone has found this but English Russian voices? Found this while messing around with the voices in game files.

• edited August 2014

If you stay silent when Eddie asks Wyatt to play rock paper scissors, Eddie will mention that they've played it to see who got to date a girl they were both after.

• if u helped lilly try to save her dad if u push 4 times then right before kenny kills him his lip twitchs but only if u get 4 :} sorry if its hard to understand

• edited August 2014

Words on a door in the first episode of the show: Dead Inside

Words on a door in the first episode of the game: Alive Inside

Not canon to each other. But cool.

• I may be wrong be wrong but I think that there is no writing on the door in the comics

Words on a door in the first episode of the show: Dead Inside Words on a door in the first episode of the game: Alive Inside Not canon to each other. But cool.

• Just checked and you are correct. Oh well.

xWally posted: »

I may be wrong be wrong but I think that there is no writing on the door in the comics

• Yes, Lowes and Home Depot banged (their hammers together) and made Howe's.

I think Howe's Hardware is the game version of Lowe's RL

• I thought Vitali was saying that to Burricko? Says that on the Wiki page. But he says he can take out any three of them with his bare hands. There's three guys, Kenny, Luke, Mike and they didn't notice Rebeca or the baby. I don't think they're planning on hurting women or children. So Bonnie and Clem might and I say might lightly be safe from the shooting.

• Hmm, didn't think about it that way, maybe. I always thought that Reggie hit his head too hard when he fell, nixing any reanimation, and that someone from Carver's camp dragged him away to ward off eventual disease from a soon to be rotting corpse.

Bokor posted: »

I'm not sure about that. You'd think Carver's community is aware of how undeath works. Speaking of which, Reggie is implied to have beco

• Wow, cool, never noticed that. I'll have to keep an eye out next time I play his story.

Danny or Justin's walker will show up briefly if you refuse a ride from Nate.

• You mean "Don't Dead Open Inside?"

Words on a door in the first episode of the show: Dead Inside Words on a door in the first episode of the game: Alive Inside Not canon to each other. But cool.

• Ever wonder how the audio recorders for TWD got those awesomely gross zombie noises? Snickers.

The sound people gave any available employees Snickers bars, and immediately after they'd finished the snack, while their mouths were still sticky and gooey (like yours right after you finish a Snickers), they made the sucking, slurping growls we've all come to associate with the walking dead. :D

source: Game Developer magazine, March 2013, "Post Mortem" article
    http://www.gdcvault.com/gdmag

• Sean ASean A Former Telltale Staff
    edited August 2014

It's them. :)

Lolzkittiez posted: »

Woah! I never noticed Shel and Becca before. Are you sure it's them?

• Here's another one. Danny St. John says that you have to give a piece of yourself so that others may live when you have the option of killing him near the end of episode 2.

What choice does Lee get to make in Episode 5 on his mission to rescue Clementine?

Good use of foreshadowing.

• What does Arvo say in Russian when he says "You have already left me defenceless and now y-you take my sister's medicine? You are not nice people! You are _____!"

• "You are thieves and bandits!"

AhmedAli1 posted: »

What does Arvo say in Russian when he says "You have already left me defenceless and now y-you take my sister's medicine? You are not nice people! You are _____!"

• Me too ;_;

Tentraxity posted: »

Now I'm crying

• Arvo is a thief and bandit too, lol.

"You are thieves and bandits!"

• dem feelings tho ; - ;

Listen to this song while thinking of Sarah http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K4PGpXsOAI

• edited August 2014

You can take Travis? WHAT-

*The cop that is driving Lee to prison in Season 1 is Vernon's brother. *Kenny, Duck and his awesome pick-up truck make a cameo in the op

• Yeah, you can, if you don't chop off David's leg.

K-K-Kenny posted: »

• I love the Sims!

Tamta posted: »

Also, Nikki Rapp (voices Lilly) is actually also the voice behind some of the Sims! Her recording the children for The Sims 3. She has been with Maxis since 2002, though.

• If you don't chop off David's leg, Travis tries to take Mark's gun - but Mark tries to shake him off and accidentally shoots him in the stomach, therefor, they take him back to the motel instead of David. David gets eaten.

K-K-Kenny posted: »

• WOOHOO!!!

GO FELIX!!!

FELIX CONFIRMED FOR SEASON 3 AS VA!!!

• -In Season 1 if you help hold back Lilly and let Kenny kill Larry, but you don't kill the first brother Danny, Lilly will call you out on it in a "You killed my dad but let scum like him live?" kind of way. Can't remember the exact lines sadly.

-Depending on who you sided with, Lilly or Kenny, one or the other will look more stressed out in the later episodes.

-Clem checking through the telescope before Arvo shows up is similar to how Lee looked through the telescope when Molly appeared.

-At the motor home in Amid The Ruins, with the first shot of the walkers trying to get into where Luke and Sarah are, there's a walker with a bike red helmet on...randomly just...there o_o minding it's own business.

• edited August 2014

Not sure if its been known but here is some information/facts about the changes made in the first season i uncovered in game files. Enjoy!

Episode 1: A New Day

Early character development: Originally, Katjaa panicked more and Duck was less enthusiastic as in the retail. Larry was more compassionate and admitted that he was wrong in Duck not being bitten.
    Unused subquest: Doug had his own subquest, in early development you had to knock the pole on Lee’s brother while Doug attracted the walkers away with Kenny’s truck. Lee had to cut the electricity before cutting the pole with a fire axe.
    Additionally, you could choose who to come with you to save Irene, or leave her completely. Lee could choose only Carley to come with him, only Glenn, or neither of them. If Lee went alone, he would borrow Carley’s Glock.
    Leaving Irene makes Glenn upset with Lee, and tries to convince him that they should go save the girl as well as checking for supplies.
    Lee had to find a hammer and a pair of nails while walkers were invading the pharmacy, hammering windows and doors to buy the group some time. Lee had to go to both Carley and Doug, assisting them with the hammer while they held the window/door.

Episode 2: Starved For Help

This episode had the biggest change.
    When Lee meets Ben and David Parker there is a completely different scene as either Lee, Kenny or Mark had to help Ben shoot the walkers while one of the three cut off Mr. Parkers leg. If Mr. Parker was left behind, Lee could have the option of leaving Ben as well or take him with you. If this option was made then Mark would die in the bandit raid in St. Johns dairy, Mr.Parker taking his role of being dinner.
    Travis did not exist originally, he was added much later.
    Ben was a completely different character, he could use a rifle and was more scared than in the final. He also would tell what really happened to his classmates, and had to witness several traumas such as being forced to see rape. This was a major key factor left out due to Episode 3, whereas Ben dealed with the bandits to save a friend.
    The group was already aware of the bandits, as they had attacked after the events of “A New Day”.
    Lee and the group could choose to bring gas or not. If Lee said no, then Andy would come back with some food every day until the group said yes. Ben would stay behind due to the traumas, Kenny replacing his role in joining the trip to the dairy. Lilly was more acceptable to the newest member, teaching him the basic.
    Brenda had another voice actor.
    There is a dream sequence present in the game data, whoever you didn’t save came back to haunt Lee in his dream asking why they weren’t saved, and that Clementine will die because of his actions. Mention of Lee’s ex wife Sam and the senator Hans is there as well. They end it with “Do you think you can save me this time?”
    When the group arrived at the farm, the group could either take the biscuits or leave.(Refusing them apparently results in a hilarious dialog between Mark and Carley/Doug) Lee could also freely leave the farm and back to the motor inn if desired.
    Whether you chose Duck or Shawn had a large impact on the farm, as Katjaa will scold Lee for not choosing the kids. Lee could also fix the swing if he could find the ropes and glue in the farm.
    There was more to Jolene. Depending on Lee’s choice she could mention another bandit called Paul, and her daughter Danielle.
    The dinner sequence was much larger, as an unused subquest occured where Lee had to cut Clementine’s food or let Lilly/Kenny do it. Lee could also choose to add more salt or pepper to Clementine’s plate or let the two above do it. There were several retakes of a prayer, and Lee at this point had found out that Mark/David was dinner.
    Larry’s death was much sadder as he in his dying breath apologized to Lilly for not being able to protect her and her mother.
    The group was scattered at first after the revelation of cannibalism, Lee found Kenny first, who was shot beforehand, and then Lilly before trying to rescue Duck and Katjaa.
    Originally the group did not find a station wagon, the food was in the barn. After Doug/Carley and Ben saves Lee and the others and after Andy’s fight, they all took a box and went back to the motor inn. The supply room was replaced with a bloody tub, metallic equipment and jars containing organs instead.
    Additionally, after the survivors took the food you could go around asking everyone how they felt about today’s events in the motor inn. If Mr. Parker was left behind but taking Ben he’d tell that it was a horrible fate for his teacher as he was a good man.

Episode 3: The Long Road Ahead

Lee had to save each individual, as the group was scattered all over the Motor Inn rather than saving Doug/Carley and Ben, then save Clementine, Katjaa and Duck from the vicious bandit attack.
    Ben was suppose to tell about his family on the train, but it was scrapped for this episode and added in “No Time Left.”
    Jolene was going to make a return via flashback, but was scrapped for unknown reasons. Her lines are in audio clips. Interesting enough there are screams and cries of her begging for help, possibly rape (as she implies in the camcorder “You rapist mon-!” in the final version).

Episode 4: Around Every Corner

Ben had the option of killing Fivel via gunshot, and an unfinished animation where he stomps on the boy.
    He also had an unused wish to die. He askes Lee to drop him because he and Kenny wants to, because he too believes that he is quoting this line “A fuck up for everyone.” There is unused audio where he thanks Lee for dropping him, before getting devoured by walkers.
    There is extra dialog that went unused between Clementine and Lee if he chooses to drop Ben much to her dismay, as she thought Ben was one of her closest friends and never thought of himself, only the group.
    Anna Correa and Doctor Logan had a slightly bigger role via tapes. Doctor Logan tried to get Anna Correa out of Crawford, but was killed in the process, possibly by Oberson. This was scrapped when Molly was implemented.
    There was a subquest where you lead Vernon to the mansion, and your group to Crawford via the sewers. This was most likely scrapped due to time constraints.

Episode 5: No Time Left

There is an unused sequence where Lee and whoever came to find Clementine with him, had to navigate through the sewers, fighting walkers.
    Lee and his group had 40 bullets to fight the Walkers in the mansion, but it was cut down to 11 in the final.
    When confronted with the stranger, Lee has two unused options to tell about Ben and Lilly.
    If picking Ben; he’d reveal that he liked Ben, he was a good kid who had seen a lot, but still remained positive.
    If picking Lilly; he’d reveal that she was a good woman who was a good friend until she lost her father, resulting her to kill Doug/Carley due to paranoia.

There is an unused character who is not mentioned anywhere in the five episodes called “Nick Stokes”.

There are unused icons for Episode 1: A New Day.
    "Teapot" and the "Hammer" (not the same hammer as the one you bash Sandra with) is not used at any point. Running icon was available in Episode 2: Starved For Help. The rag concept was scrapped, and was added in Episode 3: Long Road Ahead.

• Woah.

Not sure if its been known but here is some information/facts about the changes made in the first season i uncovered in game files. Enjoy!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.