Comments

• edited September 2014

Let's begin with the latest news about DA:I.

• Gameinformer provided new information about Inquisitors base and its customisation, read HERE

• Bioware finally revealed all of the potentional love interests in DA:I.

Alt text

Alt text

What are your thoughts?

• edited September 2014

Blackwall, eh? I was waiting for the final romance reveal. This means we have 4 straight, 2 bi, 2 homosexual options.

I always knew Cullen was racist. No dwarves or Kossith? You humans are all racist!

Though, I guess I'm in a minority here, but I never wanted to see Cullen again, in my original game he went insane and after killing two apprentices ran away through the swamps in his underclothes. But, what do you know, next time he's a Knight-Captain in one of the most important cities of Free Marches. Yeah, they accept lunatics, judging from their commander...

Pipas posted: »

Let's begin with the latest news about DA:I. * Gameinformer provided new information about Inquisitors base and its customisation, read

• I hope Inquisition won't be screwed just like Mass Effect 3. I love Dragon Age, especially the second one.

• edited September 2014

I hope Inquisition won't be screwed just like Mass Effect 3. I love Dragon Age, especially the second one.

• won't be screwed

• especially the second one.

Oh, the irony.

Daffodil posted: »

I hope Inquisition won't be screwed just like Mass Effect 3. I love Dragon Age, especially the second one.

• All of the girls in Inquisition have short hair, why? PS, i'll be romancing either Vivienne or Cassandra, maybe Josephine

Let's begin with the latest news about DA:I. * Gameinformer provided new information about Inquisitors base and its customisation, read

• Lol i didn't want cullen either...

Lingvort posted: »

Blackwall, eh? I was waiting for the final romance reveal. This means we have 4 straight, 2 bi, 2 homosexual options. I always knew Culle

• especially the second one

....It was meh...

• Vivienne is not a romanceable character.

-XYAB- posted: »

All of the girls in Inquisition have short hair, why? PS, i'll be romancing either Vivienne or Cassandra, maybe Josephine

• Oh shit ,she isn't? Whatever i guess i'll just stick with cass.

Vivienne is not a romanceable character.

• edited September 2014

I guess i'll just stick in Cass.

Fixed it, if you know what I mean.

Oh shit ,she isn't? Whatever i guess i'll just stick with cass.

• Lol

I guess i'll just stick in Cass. Fixed it, if you know what I mean.

• Personally I find DAII more interesting than DA:O. Of course it could be better (these locations...), but it's still good and uncomparable to ME3 which had terrible writing. >.>

I hope Inquisition won't be screwed just like Mass Effect 3. I love Dragon Age, especially the second one. * won't be screwed * especially the second one. Oh, the irony.

• ME3 had a terrible ending, along with some other things that bothered or annoyed me, but, overall, it wasn't much different from other games in the series.

DA2, on the other hand, had so much problems, that I don't even want to start listing them, because I'd stay here all day. I still liked it, but, IMO, it is incomparable with DA:O.

Personally I find DAII more interesting than DA:O. Of course it could be better (these locations...), but it's still good and uncomparable to ME3 which had terrible writing. >.>

• Yeah, I don't like Cullen that much either, but appearently he has a big fanbase, so I guess that's why they included him in DA2 and DA:I as a love interest. And him being a racist, I think Kossith would probably crush Cullen, lol.

And appearently some of the endings in Origins are not really canon. For example Anders remained with the Wardens in my playthrough, but we can see in DA 2 that's not true.

But these things are not really bothering me - I'm still waiting for Leliana to explain her resurrection in one of my plays. :D

Blackwall, eh? I was waiting for the final romance reveal. This means we have 4 straight, 2 bi, 2 homosexual options. I always knew Culle

• Alt text

I guess i'll just stick in Cass. Fixed it, if you know what I mean.

• And appearently some of the endings in Origins are not really canon. For example Anders remained with the Wardens in my playthrough, but we can see in DA 2 that's not true. But these things are not really bothering me - I'm still waiting for Leliana to explain her resurrection in one of my plays. :D

I'm fucking pissed off by both of these, especially by the last one. In 95% of my playthroughs Leliana was alive, and in half of those she was my love interest as well. But, gee, in remaining 5% percent she is more dead than Eddard Stark after his final meeting with Ilyn Payne. But, no, Bioware has to spit in my face and say "NOEP SHE IZ ALIEV, TEH POSSIBILITEH OF HER DEATH WAS PUT THERE BY MISTAKE/GOT RETCONNED!".

Anders is another thing, he can die regardless of the player's choice... AND STILL SHOWS UP ALIVE! It can be plausibly explained why he is alive (in case if he is) and hiding from the Wardens/Templars if you didn't recruit him (which is, honestly, fucking stupid to do, hiding in the dark corners of a city that has 1/3 of all Templars in Free Marches. I may be exaggerating, but my point remains the same) in DA2, but he is just as retconned in case if he dies.

As for Cullen, his fanbase consists of teenage girls, or girls no older than in their 20s, and some random dudes shudders. I never liked the fact that he was present in DA2, but his addition in DA3 makes me annoyed beyond measure.

Yeah, I don't like Cullen that much either, but appearently he has a big fanbase, so I guess that's why they included him in DA2 and DA:I as

• edited September 2014

Well, to be fair Leliana was close to the Urn of Sacred Ashes when she died, maybe that had some impact on her resurrection? But then again, she can be killed only if you defile the ashes, so I dunno. I hope they'll adress it in Inquisition.

And Anders can actually explain his death.

Anders' death

A bit. Still better than Leliana's explanation. :D

Leliana

That's worse than Kenny's "I got lucky, real lucky." :D

And appearently some of the endings in Origins are not really canon. For example Anders remained with the Wardens in my playthrough, but we

• edited March 2015

Well, if I recall correctly, there are two different possibilities out of which he can die, but it seems the game acknowledges only one of them. And, even then, it's just an excuse for him to be present in Kirkwall. With a different VA, just because Greg Ellis has to play Cullen (urgh!). Not to mention how whiny and oppressed he became in DA2, once Jennifer Hepler wrote him. He's getting oppressed by the "patriar"- erm, sorry, that's different, the Chantry and Templars, while in Awakening, he wanted mages to be free, yes, but was way more passive about it. Yes, you can mention his merge with Justice, but even then he doesn't sound more righteous, just or anything else that Justice could give him, but whiny and oppressed.

So, I didn't like Anders in DA2 at all. Not. One. Bit.

Well, to be fair Leliana was close to the Urn of Sacred Ashes when she died, maybe that had some impact on her resurrection? But then again,

• Alt text

Source

Yeah, I hated DA2 Anders too, they completely destroyed him. I think they should've put there some other random mage who has Justice in him and they wouldn't have to deal with Anders' complete change of personality or his potentional deaths. But then no one would like him, lol. I think most of the players tolerate him just because he's Anders. :D

And when can he die otherwise? I only know that you can hand him over to the templars (from whom he then escapes, I guess).

Well, if I recall correctly, there are two different possibilities out of which he can die, but it seems the game acknowledges only one of t

• Probably because long hair isn't combat efficient; it can be grabbed easily.

All of the girls in Inquisition have short hair, why? PS, i'll be romancing either Vivienne or Cassandra, maybe Josephine

• When I first saw him I was like, "Hey, it's Anders! Anders has a new voice actor? This is not Anders."

Source Yeah, I hated DA2 Anders too, they completely destroyed him. I think they should've put there some other random mage who has Justi

• Anders from Awakening and Anders from DA2 are completely different, to the point where I think that they are different characters and Anders from DA2 is just a shoddy impersonator of Anders from Awakening. If his potential replacement was an interesting, well-written character, I would've liked him. Well, more than DA2 Anders, anyway.

I looked it up, and yeah, I was wrong, he only "dies" the aforementioned way, arrow to the knee- neck, arrow to the neck.

Source Yeah, I hated DA2 Anders too, they completely destroyed him. I think they should've put there some other random mage who has Justi

• Lingvort posted: »

Anders from Awakening and Anders from DA2 are completely different, to the point where I think that they are different characters and Anders

• edited September 2014

Your opinion on 2 definitely puts you in the minority.

Personally I find DAII more interesting than DA:O. Of course it could be better (these locations...), but it's still good and uncomparable to ME3 which had terrible writing. >.>

• Im quite curious about this series, I dont have a last gen system anymore but I do have PS4 and might buy this when it comes out. Since you all know the series do you mind explaining it to me?

• It's too big to just explain, it must be played to have an understanding and/or an insight of the series.

Im quite curious about this series, I dont have a last gen system anymore but I do have PS4 and might buy this when it comes out. Since you all know the series do you mind explaining it to me?

• ... I will look at the wiki.

It's too big to just explain, it must be played to have an understanding and/or an insight of the series.

• edited September 2014

I'll link you this video, however.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3CbqC1Z9fk

WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS.

... I will look at the wiki.

• Thank you

I'll link you this video, however. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3CbqC1Z9fk WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS.

• Eh, I wouldn't mind different voice actor if he didn't change that drastically. But Greg Ellis as Anders was better, no argument here. :)

When I first saw him I was like, "Hey, it's Anders! Anders has a new voice actor? This is not Anders."

• I wonder how Morrigan's child will be involved in Inquisition if you chose to do the old ritual.

• also i wonder how your choice in witch hunt will affect it...

hayd24 posted: »

I wonder how Morrigan's child will be involved in Inquisition if you chose to do the old ritual.

• She wasn't pregnant during Witch Hunt, the child was in "a safe place".

also i wonder how your choice in witch hunt will affect it...

• No, i know, i meant if the warden went with her or not, will; he appear or not in inquisitinon

She wasn't pregnant during Witch Hunt, the child was in "a safe place".

• I don't think the Warden will be in Inquisition either way.

No, i know, i meant if the warden went with her or not, will; he appear or not in inquisitinon

• Dorian's mustache is sick as fuck.

• edited September 2014

So, anyone else planning on a Qunari Inquisitor? I've wanted to play one since Origins, and DA2 only made me want to more with the aesthetic redesign, so I nearly threw a fit when it was announced we could roll one in Inquisition.

Female Qunari Warrior specifically for me. My Warden was a female Dalish rogue, Hawke was a male mage, and Inquisitor will be a female Qunari warrior, for the sake of class symmetry...and each protagonist being a head taller than the last. Heh.

• Well, we know Hawke is. Warden would definitely be a trickier cameo as he/she is a much more player defined character, but you never know.

I'm skeptical they'd get her right in my case.

I don't think the Warden will be in Inquisition either way.

• Alt text

Dorian's mustache is sick as fuck.

• I'll be probably playing as qunari male Tank Warrior, can't wait to see people's reaction on Qunari leading the Inquisition, lol. My previous characters on this save will be Warden male elf mage and Hawke male Archer, so I guess I have some weird synergy too, didn't even realize that. :D

So, anyone else planning on a Qunari Inquisitor? I've wanted to play one since Origins, and DA2 only made me want to more with the aesthetic

Sign in to comment in this discussion.