Ep 1 Release Date Discussion - Out Now PC/Mac/PS3/PS4/XboxOne/360/Android

Comments

• I don't hate it. But the faces and expressions look like something from Sims 4.

I really don't get all the hate toward the art style of this game. I think its look amazing and that Telltale did an amazing job with it

• edited November 2014

Damn if your Nintendo 64's textures looked that good then I want one :O

I'm talking about the Nintendo 64 textures all over the place.

• To be honest its always been easier to have seen the original content

IGN recently released this article about Telltale's work on the game. There is some new information, and it's not just old stuff we already

• They just hate anything that isnt the walking dead season 1.

Damn if your Nintendo 64's textures looked that good then I want one :O

• ok to start with, i am a compute 3d annalist for games. I am not saying that i´m better than anyone else, but this game is not ready for release, in the video i only got common with the voice ( similar if not the same from the series) the 3d work need a real makeover, and this game is far from ready from what i´ve read what you want to give users. I am not trying to be hard on you BUT when you want to give out a game under the name GOT you better be near from perfect and in my opinion you are far from that , this game needs at least 1 year makeover what I have seen from the trailer alone, GOLDEN RULE do not rush for profit , keep standards and make gamer´s happy , and what I have seen this is just not it sorry :( i´m not saying this is horrible but just dont release it before its done .. you want to make this so much better

• But the trailer didnt even show anything unless you just care about graphics.

There not an AAA company either and this is how their games look, there story based. That said if you dont like it you dont have to play it or anything I'm playing it more to see this side story, from what I can gather we are going to see many major locations

milafaz posted: »

ok to start with, i am a compute 3d annalist for games. I am not saying that i´m better than anyone else, but this game is not ready for rel

• edited November 2014

Honestly I think your right. They never say anything nice about telltale makes me wonder why they even stick around if they're gonna be negative all the time >_>`

They just hate anything that isnt the walking dead season 1.

• The game looks fantastic to me, and I'm thinking about buying it now, but I haven't watched Game of Thrones yet, so I'm also going to start watching it. I hope it's as good as everyone says it is.

• How do you guys think the combat will work? Everyone knows we will have QTE, but considering there might be some big battles and strides in this game, TTG might have to do something else.

And if I remember correctly, early on they said that you will be able to control your troops in battle.

• Fuck Gta v ps4/xbone/pc versions, fuck Far cry 4, fuck DAI, Game of Thrones the video game is the main thing to me right now!

• I always get annoyed when people bring up the graphics of TellTale games. I couldnt care less about the graphics, the story is all that counts for me.

But the trailer didnt even show anything unless you just care about graphics. There not an AAA company either and this is how their games

• edited November 2014

Fuck all those big companies. TellTale is the best! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqO3qiBcIQE

Fuck Gta v ps4/xbone/pc versions, fuck Far cry 4, fuck DAI, Game of Thrones the video game is the main thing to me right now!

• Guess what? I JUST PRE-ORDERED GAME OF THRONES!

Alt text

Though when it comes to pre-orders, I'm a total noob because I've never done this before. Pre-ordering means that I'll get this game sooner than usual? And also another question: in which book the game takes place? I know that it's happening between season 3 and 5 of the show, but I prefer books over the show and I want to know.

• Pre-ordering means that I'll get this game sooner than usual?

Nope unfortunately. You just get a 10% discount, and I think you get the midnight release or something like that (first time I have bought a Telltale game on PC let alone pre order so I'm as much as a noob as you, so don't take my word for it :P)

in which book the game takes place? I know that it's happening between season 3 and 5

So book 3 A Storm of Swords because both seasons 3 and 4 of the show take place during that book/timeline. I'm on that book right now and I'm trying to finish it before the game launches :P

Guess what? I JUST PRE-ORDERED GAME OF THRONES! Though when it comes to pre-orders, I'm a total noob because I've never done this bef

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Pre-ordering means that I'll get this game sooner than usual?

Nope unfortunately. You just get a 10% discount, and I think you get the midnight release or something like that (first time I have bought a Telltale game on PC let alone pre order so I'm as much as a noob as you, so don't take my word for it :P)

When TWAU and TWD season 2 released they both released at 10 AM Pacific time on steam, once it gets released you will normally need to restart steam for the "install" button to show up as there is no pre-load.

Pre-ordering means that I'll get this game sooner than usual? Nope unfortunately. You just get a 10% discount, and I think you get t

• hey hey hey don't bad mouth DAI. That game is pure amazement wrapped up in a bag of awesomeness.

Fuck Gta v ps4/xbone/pc versions, fuck Far cry 4, fuck DAI, Game of Thrones the video game is the main thing to me right now!

• Nope unfortunately. You just get a 10% discount, and I think you get the midnight release or something like that (first time I have bought a Telltale game on PC let alone pre order so I'm as much as a noob as you, so don't take my word for it :P)

Okay then. Discount is good too.

So book 3 A Storm of Swords because both seasons 3 and 4 of the show take place during that book/timeline. I'm on that book right now and I'm trying to finish it before the game launches :P

Oh really? I'm currently reading this book too!

Alt text

Pre-ordering means that I'll get this game sooner than usual? Nope unfortunately. You just get a 10% discount, and I think you get t

• Don't know how to send gifs but here's a high five back to ya :D

Alt text

Nope unfortunately. You just get a 10% discount, and I think you get the midnight release or something like that (first time I have bought a

• I'm starting to think you're right that we will play as each character in each episode. After reading ign's latest article it seems they are so closely working with HBO from music to story structure that it will be just like the show switching from character to character.

WalkerHH93 posted: »

I hope we play everyone of the 5 in each episode. I hated the 1 character 1 episode style. But lets see how telltale will do it.

• Haha I like Dragon Age Inquisition too. :D

hey hey hey don't bad mouth DAI. That game is pure amazement wrapped up in a bag of awesomeness.

• HYPE!!!

Alt text

• Game Of Thrones has been in development for a long while (I think it was announced about a year ago that they would be doing a series with it). I like the fact that they are experimenting with different styles of art. Being one dimensional is not going to help a game company last. TellTale is a story-based game company. Graphics are secondary, and this is ok with a lot of the TellTale fan base. I'm not saying TellTale can't update their game engine, especially if they are looking to do more art style experimenting in the future. The thing is that TellTale fans would rather have an awesome TellTale story that bring the company to another level than a game with super cool graphics. Every game company is different. But most importantly, let us wait for the first episode before we judge it! It's almost here. Patience everyone.

ok to start with, i am a compute 3d annalist for games. I am not saying that i´m better than anyone else, but this game is not ready for rel

• Through the extreme mashing of the "Q" Button.

Arsun97 posted: »

How do you guys think the combat will work? Everyone knows we will have QTE, but considering there might be some big battles and strides in

• TWD Season One was far from having good graphics, but the story was outstanding and that's what makes it so good. I'm sure GOT will be the same.

• A well written article. I feel that this game is gonna be a big seller for Telltale.

IGN recently released this article about Telltale's work on the game. There is some new information, and it's not just old stuff we already

• Not as good as the books in my opinion but still pretty good and worth the while - go for it :)

Grafite posted: »

The game looks fantastic to me, and I'm thinking about buying it now, but I haven't watched Game of Thrones yet, so I'm also going to start watching it. I hope it's as good as everyone says it is.

• edited November 2014

Started with the first book yesterday. I feel like i needed more than the show i watched. And even though i know the events in the first book it is still awesome as hell. CANT WAIT FOR THE GAME.

• Maybe this will bring back a lot of members that went missing after TWD Finale. This game looks amazing.

• So, I came back to the community after few weeks. I know about preorders and watched the trailers.

But is the proper release date avalaible? xD

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited November 2014

Nope,but they are live streaming the first episode of TFTB tomorrow.

Crips posted: »

So, I came back to the community after few weeks. I know about preorders and watched the trailers. But is the proper release date avalaible? xD

• Oooh, neat. I may be there.

dojo32161 posted: »

• Oh shit, it is tomorrow.

dojo32161 posted: »

• A lot of people are upset about this live stream as they haven't given a solid release date yet and they fear the spoilers will be everywhere. I'd probably guess Tuesday for the release date.

Oooh, neat. I may be there.

• Steam has it pencilled in as the 2nd of December.

So, I came back to the community after few weeks. I know about preorders and watched the trailers. But is the proper release date avalaible? xD

• Which seems likely to me. Steam guessed the 25th for TFTBL when the trailer premiered (the 13th) and when the GOT trailer preimiered they also got Dec 2nd.

They also put their release date as December 17th back in like early November for Season 2 Episode 1 of TWD.

Seems likely to me.

JakeSt123 posted: »

Steam has it pencilled in as the 2nd of December.

• Lets also hope we get a "surprise mofo" moment from Telltale tomorrow and we can actually end up buying the game Tuesday onwards :/

Oh shit, it is tomorrow.

• FIrst week of December does seem really likely

Fingers crossed :D

TinyCarlos posted: »

Which seems likely to me. Steam guessed the 25th for TFTBL when the trailer premiered (the 13th) and when the GOT trailer preimiered they al

• Hell yeah :-D

WalkerHH93 posted: »

Fuck all those big companies. TellTale is the best! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqO3qiBcIQE

Sign in to comment in this discussion.