Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Tales From The Borderlands

Comments

• edited March 2015

One word. Embellishing.

Deathtrap posted: »

Athena appers to be under some kind of mind control or why else whould she have those creepy red eyes and echoy voice cuas i know Athena is not suppose to have those qualitys

• edited March 2015

While walking in the dessert Jack and Vaughn pronounce the name of the doctor (the guy you get the data drive from in ep 1) two different ways, Vaughn pronounce it: Nakayama; and Jack: Namayaka. Not sure if it was intentional but it's something.

• It was intentional. Jack says that weirdo who was obsessed with me Namayaka... oh right Nakayama something along those lines, it is not the exact line but he says something like that

MosesARose posted: »

While walking in the dessert Jack and Vaughn pronounce the name of the doctor (the guy you get the data drive from in ep 1) two different ways, Vaughn pronounce it: Nakayama; and Jack: Namayaka. Not sure if it was intentional but it's something.

• Lee's left arm was cut off .-. they have the same VA I'm pretty sure of

J-Master posted: »

I MADE A DISCOVERY!!!!! FINCH IS LEE INCARNATE!!!! Look at his left arm, it's a robot arm Look at Lee's cut off left arm

• Yeah, it's intentional, even when he was alive Jack couldn't get his name right. Their whole bit is that Nakayama is literally obsessed with Jack (way more than Rhys), but Jack doesn't even know his name.

MosesARose posted: »

• Yep, both are voiced by Dave Fennoy.

Finch is evil Lee ;-;

bigdogg0821 posted: »

Lee's left arm was cut off .-. they have the same VA I'm pretty sure of

• edited March 2015

Don't know if someone knows this, but if you tell Jack "You deserved it" when you tell him that he's dead, he'll say the lines in the trailer

"You can't even begin to understand my intentions, you think I haven't had to make sacrifices?" "I brought order to this pisshole of a planet" "Too many people died." "Too many people died, oh give me a break. That's what people DO!"

EDIT: I just took pictures. Here:

Alt text
    Alt text
    Alt text
    Alt text
    Alt text
    Alt text

• So the robot thing that ball will turn into [seen in the old Episode 2 preview] might contain some map of those planets where they need to go? o.o

Lewt_Shogun posted: »

Okay this may be HUGE. As Rhys and Fiona enter the last room in the final scene, theres a bunch of red holographic planets floating around

• Apparently if Fiona doesn't grab Rhys' ankle, he won't lose his shoe. If he does however and you chose to go meet up with Fiona and Sasha, later in Old Haven when you go to talk to the sisters, by selecting the right question where Fiona says he has nice socks, Rhys can get his shoe back from her.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited March 2015

To add to that Rhys has different dialog based on whether or not he has his shoe when he gets stuck in the dumpster.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

Apparently if Fiona doesn't grab Rhys' ankle, he won't lose his shoe. If he does however and you chose to go meet up with Fiona and Sasha, l

• edited March 2015

Is the Ludicrous Speedway sign in the garage a reference to Spaceballs?

• Why don't they appear red in the garage after the fight, then?

DeityD posted: »

One word. Embellishing.

• Dude, that's Lee's left arm :P

J-Master posted: »

I MADE A DISCOVERY!!!!! FINCH IS LEE INCARNATE!!!! Look at his left arm, it's a robot arm Look at Lee's cut off left arm

• edited March 2015

Because it wouldn't make sense? Because she's not chasing them anymore and pretending to be a "good person"?

Flog61 posted: »

Why don't they appear red in the garage after the fight, then?

• Alt text

The most terrifying words in the English language... O_O

• No i think there was an area by that name in BL1

BipedalP posted: »

Is the Ludicrous Speedway sign in the garage a reference to Spaceballs?

• It still could have been a reference to the movie in BL1.

zeke10 posted: »

No i think there was an area by that name in BL1

• true

BipedalP posted: »

It still could have been a reference to the movie in BL1.

• edited March 2015

Thank you for mentioning this! These details are important - even if they mean absolutely nothing.

That's not a jab. I'm being genuine.

bloop posted: »

During the intro of EP2, it shows Fiona losing her hat after Rhys and Vaughn fall out out of the caravan, but when you play as Fiona during that part, she still has it.

• Right, but Fiona, still telling the story, doesn't want Athena to appear to be a good person.

Because it wouldn't make sense? Because she's not chasing them anymore and pretending to be a "good person"?

• She's just pretending. That's how I see what she's telling us - "some crazy badass assassin tried to kill us and was acting like a murder machine but the second later completely drops it in front of her girlfriend and pretends to be such a good person that it must've hurt".

Right, but Fiona, still telling the story, doesn't want Athena to appear to be a good person.

• I always get nervous when this message pops up D:

The most terrifying words in the English language... O_O

• I didnt get this in both of my playthroughs :c

If you skip the credits for Episode 2, you will get the "[?]Telltale Games will remember this." message once again. But, if you decide to

• Okay, so, if you trust Jack at the end of EP2, he's able to control your normal arm, not only cyborg arm. But back in the episode, he could only control his cyborg arm when Vasquez arrived. That means that "probably" every time you allow Jack to "help" you, he'll have more power to control your body.

Look at Rhys' normal arm in both pictures & Jack's left arm

Alt text
    Alt text

• If that were true then the narrator would immediately know that Athena's red eyes were a lie once she reappears, which means that Fionae wouldn't bother lyuing about having them again - yet in the episode 3 playthrough she has them.

Also a robotic voice doesn't automatically make someone more scary, unlike red eyes, so there would be no use adding ii that as an embellishment.

She's just pretending. That's how I see what she's telling us - "some crazy badass assassin tried to kill us and was acting like a murder ma

• Rhysha confirmed

If you tell Rhys as Fiona that Sasha broke August's heart and let an impression on August. Rhys will say he could see that and Rhys fumbles around with his words. So it appears Rhys has a crush on Sasha potentially :P

• If you mentioned your business cards in Episode 1, Sasha will call you 'Mr. Tiny Business Cards' in Atlas Mugged.

• How? I told her that but she didn't call me that.

If you mentioned your business cards in Episode 1, Sasha will call you 'Mr. Tiny Business Cards' in Atlas Mugged.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGizv76ib0U

I've just seen her playthrough and there's a little bug. She got back the boot from Fiona but at the Atlas facility Rhys is running around in his beautiful sock. Whoops?
    (I don't remember if it was like this in my playthrough though..)

• Interesting. Then I have no clue why she would do that.

SoMuchSass posted: »

How? I told her that but she didn't call me that.

• I think she only says it if you're all snotty like:

'Another crappy town on Pandora', or something like that.

Interesting. Then I have no clue why she would do that.

• Yes yes, I remember now, I did that.

I think she only says it if you're all snotty like: 'Another crappy town on Pandora', or something like that.

• By 'you' im guessing you mean rhys?

If you mentioned your business cards in Episode 1, Sasha will call you 'Mr. Tiny Business Cards' in Atlas Mugged.

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited March 2015

'Mr. Tiny Business Cards'

I don't I really need to say anything else.

By 'you' im guessing you mean rhys?

• fixed.

Dude, that's Lee's left arm :P

• Yeah I noticed that, and I was really expecting it to be with Rhys so there could be a

"Hi, I have your hat"

"I have your shoe"

During the intro of EP2, it shows Fiona losing her hat after Rhys and Vaughn fall out out of the caravan, but when you play as Fiona during that part, she still has it.

• edited March 2015

I bet they constantly smelled each others stuff after they were separated.

Poogers555 posted: »

Yeah I noticed that, and I was really expecting it to be with Rhys so there could be a "Hi, I have your hat" "I have your shoe"

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited March 2015

If you scan Fiona before you get your shoe back it says that she has a shoe in her inventory, however once you get it back it says she has an eye previously belonging to a human male (Pollux).

• Who wouldnt smell those SkagSkin Boots?

I bet they constantly smelled each others stuff after they were separated.

• I was sadly reminded of his eye when I did that on my first playthourgh.

dojo32161 posted: »

If you scan Fiona before you get your shoe back it says that she has a shoe in her inventory, however once you get it back it says she has an eye previously belonging to a human male (Pollux).

Sign in to comment in this discussion.