Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Tales From The Borderlands

Comments

• I didnt think these two scenes together would look so majestic

More Rhys/Jack parallels!

• Rhys has quirky socks, just like his VA Troy Baker does.

Also, I tweeted about it, and Troy responded. /screams

Alt text

• DEWITT IS BEST DEWITT.

nursethalia posted: »

Rhys has quirky socks, just like his VA Troy Baker does. Also, I tweeted about it, and Troy responded. /screams

• Or if you originally told him your actual name, he will once again awkwardly mispronounce it as "Reeze".

Pipas posted: »

And August will call Rhys Mr.Ten Million Dollars when he sees him.

• When arriving in Old Haven Sasha makes a remark about stories of the dead still walking the streets. This is probably a reference to the version of Old Haven as Dead Haven in the Zombie Island of Dr Ned DLC for Borderlands 1.

• Now I want to see zombies again.

And Dr. Ned.

Probably.

• One of the options before the boost is 'Hold on to your butts!'

It's a quote from Jurassic Park

Alt text

Rhys even says it in a Samuel L. Jackson kind of way ^^ <3

• edited March 2015

If you skip the credits for Episode 2, you will get the "[?]Telltale Games will remember this." message once again.

But, if you decide to skip them again after your second playthrough, another message will come up saying; "[?]Seriously?! Again?! These people worked really hard on this game."

• This is most likely known but if you dont tell Vaughn about Jack in the desert you will get the most funny conversation ever. I dont even want to spoil it thats how funny it is.

• Springs is missable?
    Good that I took the right decision then :D

BlueShadiw posted: »

LoaderBro will hate you if you blow him up in Ep 1. Janey Springs will show up and help Fiona and Sasha if Rhys and Vaughn go to Old Have

• edited March 2015

"Vaughn will try to forget that"

... but he's probably traumatized for life now anyway. xD

Lewt_Shogun posted: »

This is most likely known but if you dont tell Vaughn about Jack in the desert you will get the most funny conversation ever. I dont even want to spoil it thats how funny it is.

• There's also a Back to the Future reference in the Catch A Ride Customization scene - one of the cars has 1.21 Gigawatts as a vehicle attribute.

One of the options before the boost is 'Hold on to your butts!' It's a quote from Jurassic Park Rhys even says it in a Samuel L. Jackson kind of way ^^

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited March 2015

I missed that conversation in my playthrough, and saw it later on a YouTube Let's Play. That was the hardest I've ever laughed at a Telltale game (including the old ones which were primarily comedy). :P

This is most likely known but if you dont tell Vaughn about Jack in the desert you will get the most funny conversation ever. I dont even want to spoil it thats how funny it is.

• Yep.

I missed her though, atleast I got to see LoaderBro save the day by launching Athena about 100 feet away. "Come with me if you want to leave."

Springs is missable? Good that I took the right decision then

• "Vaughn will try to forget that"

I love the self aware jokes that Telltale uses as variations for the "X will remember that" message:

"Gren won't remember this"
    "Loader Bot will store this in memory"
    "Vaughn will try to forget that"

DeityD posted: »

"Vaughn will try to forget that" ... but he's probably traumatized for life now anyway. xD

• I've said this before, but even though I am one of the people who skipped credits in the first episode, I hope Telltale throws in some post-credits Easter Egg for the people who did not skip credits for any episode (or vice versa for those who did skip). It would be pretty hilarious to see Telltale actually do something with that joke.

If you skip the credits for Episode 2, you will get the "[?]Telltale Games will remember this." message once again. But, if you decide to

• I know - I live for those kind of notes. xD
    Also, in GOT it was "Jon Show knows nothing". :D

And in TftB I liked "Athena will REALLY remember that" and "You should remember that, Lidia" or smth it was for Fiona.

"Vaughn will try to forget that" I love the self aware jokes that Telltale uses as variations for the "X will remember that" message: "Gren won't remember this" "Loader Bot will store this in memory" "Vaughn will try to forget that"

• Also, in GOT it was "Jon Show knows nothing". :D

Don't remember getting that one in GoT. However, the "August will remember that, Lidia" in Tales Episode 1 is another good example.

DeityD posted: »

I know - I live for those kind of notes. xD Also, in GOT it was "Jon Show knows nothing". And in TftB I liked "Athena will REALLY remember that" and "You should remember that, Lidia" or smth it was for Fiona.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

To get the Jon Snow knows nothing notification, you have to stay silent when Jon asks you why you want to be a ranger.

Also, in GOT it was "Jon Show knows nothing". Don't remember getting that one in GoT. However, the "August will remember that, Lidia" in Tales Episode 1 is another good example.

• edited March 2015

Oh it was there. I don't remember how people got that cause I never palyed myself and only watched it once on youtube. But it's a thing! :)

Yeah, with August it was really cool. And also cool that phrase changes depending on what Fiona says (I mean it can be both "August will remember that..." and "You should remember that..." when we choose "so all of your deals end up like this?" option)

Also, in GOT it was "Jon Show knows nothing". Don't remember getting that one in GoT. However, the "August will remember that, Lidia" in Tales Episode 1 is another good example.

• Do you have a link to it, I cant find anyone who didnt tell him, and Im way to lazy to replay :P

I missed that conversation in my playthrough, and saw it later on a YouTube Let's Play. That was the hardest I've ever laughed at a Telltale game (including the old ones which were primarily comedy). :P

• I really want to know what it is now! Is there a playthrough on YT someone can direct me to where this happens?

• edited March 2015

At the beginning of Rhy's perspective in Episode 2, Jack puts both his hands on both of Rhy's shoulders without a problem. Five minutes later, he cant touch him at all.

If you scan the Claptrap sign at Old Haven, it'll tell you that one unit is active and the reputation for Claptraps are mixed. This could be referring to how the fans either love or hate Claptrap.

• If you fail to grab Rhys' shoe as Fiona, Vasquez will compliment Vaughn's abs instead of Rhys' sock.

• If you fail to catch the eyeball it will land in front of Vaughn and he will (reluctantly) pick it up.

• Did anyone else catch the "Come with me if you want to leave." reference that Loader Bot says if you decide to catch up with Fiona and Sasha first? For those of you don't know, its a nod to the Terminator movies where there is a line that says "Come with me if you live."

It in the movie -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6z4yiq4_K8

It in the episode (skip to 1 hour and 9 minutes in)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C4Qij1haVE&t=4187

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

"It's just a peeled grape. It's just a peeled grape."

If you fail to catch the eyeball it will land in front of Vaughn and he will (reluctantly) pick it up.

• If you go to Hollow Point to find Fiona as Rhys, when Fiona and Sasha walk into the Garage and Rhys says will you tell him were friends, the subtile will say

"ohmygawd, can you tell him..."

• Okay this may be HUGE.
    As Rhys and Fiona enter the last room in the final scene, theres a bunch of red holographic planets floating around in the room.
    As they push the Gortys Device together, these holograms get pushed inside the Device.
    Maybe others noticed it during their first playthrough, but I didnt. Just what is this thing :D

• This song was way too amazing to skip it. I mean, seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGqW68-Mo2c

If you skip the credits for Episode 2, you will get the "[?]Telltale Games will remember this." message once again. But, if you decide to

• edited March 2015

During the intro of EP2, it shows Fiona losing her hat after Rhys and Vaughn fall out out of the caravan, but when you play as Fiona during that part, she still has it.

• edited March 2015

I MADE A DISCOVERY!!!!!

FINCH IS LEE INCARNATE!!!!

Look at his left arm, it's a robot arm

Alt text

Look at Lee's cut off left arm

Alt text

<3

• edited March 2015

If you tell Rhys as Fiona that Sasha broke August's heart and let an impression on August. Rhys will say he could see that and Rhys fumbles around with his words. So it appears Rhys has a crush on Sasha potentially :P

• Sasha: Hollow Point's most beautiful woman.

Who will still kill you, but that's normal.

If you tell Rhys as Fiona that Sasha broke August's heart and let an impression on August. Rhys will say he could see that and Rhys fumbles around with his words. So it appears Rhys has a crush on Sasha potentially :P

• Athena appers to be under some kind of mind control or why else whould she have those creepy red eyes and echoy voice cuas i know Athena is not suppose to have those qualitys

• VAUGHSQUEZ <3

If you fail to grab Rhys' shoe as Fiona, Vasquez will compliment Vaughn's abs instead of Rhys' sock.

• God Damn it.

• edited March 2015

Orrrrrr, if you disagree, "That chick I want to murder with my bare hands. Via strangling."

Hey, it's not messy and it's kind of fun. (According to Jack, that is.)

Gary-Oak posted: »

God Damn it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.