Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Tales From The Borderlands

Comments

• edited February 2015

Vasquez can punch Rhys in the face during the promotion scene. Neither Vaughn or Yvette will say anything about his face being bloody afterward.

Some friends, eh?

• edited January 2015

"Don't make me take a crap on the floor, and make you clean it up!" - Vasquez (2014)

nursethalia posted: »

Vasquez can punch Rhys in the face during the promotion scene. Neither Vaughn or Yvette will say anything about his face being bloody afterward. Some friends, eh?

• Also Molly (voiced by Erin Yvette) wears a gray and orange hoodie. :) No orange subtitles for her though; they're a light pink.

Sasha, voiced by Erin Yvette, has the same orange subtitles as Bonnie in The Walking Dead Season Two, who is also voiced by Erin.

• Hmm, anyone familiar with accounting know if what Vaughn said makes any sort of sense? I mean it's a foreign language to me, but I have no accounting experience so I have no idea. Maybe it's an easter egg?

Or maybe it truly is random accounting terms jumbled together?

Staying silent when Vaughn gets attacked by the psycho makes for some interesting and hilarious dialogue.

• Not an expert...yet, but sounds to me like gibberish.

Bluebirdo posted: »

Hmm, anyone familiar with accounting know if what Vaughn said makes any sort of sense? I mean it's a foreign language to me, but I have no a

• They probably made these "screenshots" to avoid spoilers...

joshua007 posted: »

I see they changed some... Scenes I guees Fiona could've asked what happened to your arm.

• How do you get to that board? I haven't seen it.

dojo32161 posted: »

Every wanted poster in the alley (except for one) has someone from the "hit list" featured in the next time segment for episode 2.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited January 2015

When you can first walk around with Fiona, just before you meet Tector Hodunk, the posters are all in the alley.

How do you get to that board? I haven't seen it.

• I think I also saw a playthrough where Vasquez also punches you if you stay silent.

Vasquez can punch Rhys in the face during the promotion scene. Neither Vaughn or Yvette will say anything about his face being bloody afterward. Some friends, eh?

• I know he doesn't if you say 'I quit!' But about the other.

I think I also saw a playthrough where Vasquez also punches you if you stay silent.

• That guy surely know how to use words, huh?

"Don't make me take a crap on the floor, and make you clean it up!" - Vasquez (2014)

• Yeah, staying silent gets you punched.

I think I also saw a playthrough where Vasquez also punches you if you stay silent.

• It's like if you stay silent with Clem when staring at Carver at the start of "In Harm's Way", he'll give you a smack right across the face.

• The same thing happens if you tell him to man up lol

Staying silent when Vaughn gets attacked by the psycho makes for some interesting and hilarious dialogue.

• Alan...where?

bigdogg0821 posted: »

heavy breathing dojo replied to my comment!

• Happened to me because I wasn't paying attention lol

It is actually possible to fail Rhys' "dream plan", he realises that it would never work, as seen at 1:28:30 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI_6bwhSnjQ

• Rhys gets hurt WAY more than Fiona. He can get punched in the face by Assquez, when he accidentally downloads HJ he passes out and hits his head, he can get hit by the tram thingy when trapped with Sasha, he falls through the ground into the Atlas tech place, and in the beginning getting hit in the face with the gun. Fiona was in the caravan and hit her head. Can't list anymore

• Yeah, I didn't notice the discrepancy until I watched the video in the Rhys's death scenes are BRUTAL thread - the price Rhys pays for player's stuffing up the QTE's is so much worse than it is for Fiona - they really are brutal!

I actually think there are a few missed opportunities with Fiona's deaths, in most cases she just falls off the moving vehicles, but considering that almost all of those same deaths involve Psychos there could have been some really messed up stuff (they do like eating eyeballs after all)!

bigdogg0821 posted: »

Rhys gets hurt WAY more than Fiona. He can get punched in the face by Assquez, when he accidentally downloads HJ he passes out and hits his

• In the small clip released at PAX South, Scooter has a poster of Bossanova in his garage.

• Yeah I saw that. Since Bossanova is a musician, I guess he has fans?

In the small clip released at PAX South, Scooter has a poster of Bossanova in his garage.

• That's what I picked on my first playthrough, it was awesome! I was surprised when I saw so few people picked it.

Also, didn't get screen caps because I was so taken by the majesty of the scene - but if you equip Loader Bot with the riot shield and grena

• I dunno, Fiona's were also brutal! I saw a death where the psycho threw an axe at Fiona's head and when I saw that, I kinda shaked from disgust...

Yeah, I didn't notice the discrepancy until I watched the video in the Rhys's death scenes are BRUTAL thread - the price Rhys pays for playe

• When you reach August at the deal as Rhys, if you say you are Vasquez and then continue to not say your name, August will get in a very murdery tone and threaten you to say what your name is, although you can still not say your name and he will just sit down and continue

• stirpicusstirpicus Telltale Alumni

I mean who doesn't love a good Murder Rally?

In the small clip released at PAX South, Scooter has a poster of Bossanova in his garage.

• Holy crap. Adam Harrington actually has a role in this.

You must be an oracle,

J-Master posted: »

A sheriff played by Adam Harrington. Heh, that's kind of his thing.

• I mean canon scenes not death scenes. Rhys gets hit with the tram if you fail the QTE to move out of the way but he survives

Crips posted: »

I dunno, Fiona's were also brutal! I saw a death where the psycho threw an axe at Fiona's head and when I saw that, I kinda shaked from disgust...

• The sign that you crash into at the beginning of episode one is for Scooter's garage. It even asks you to visit its new location.

Alt text

Alt text

• I think that Felix is One. If there is a One. (Never played the other games) but if you scan Felix after Rhys wakes up in the caravan, his profile is strange, clearly whitewashed and there are prominent Numbers within it. When i first read it i just thought he hacked it himself to 'clean his identity'. And then after my second playthrough, i started to think that he was somehow connected to Zer0 because of this profile.

If anyone can give me any idea if this could even be possible, much appreciated.

Holy shiet! "Don't be a smart-ass / I'm not a patient person / So just start talking" The bastard is right, he speaks in Haiku! Perhaps he

• No matter why Scooter isn't getting much business, ha ha.

The sign that you crash into at the beginning of episode one is for Scooter's garage. It even asks you to visit its new location.

• According to a user on the other forums, this is some stuff that was originally going to happen (don't know if it's 100% true, but it seems legit from what I've seen).

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

• Oooh, interesting!

"Don't spoil the robot." aw :3

• Sasha wants to see you bleed.

Wth, Sasha.

• Alt text

Time out. Boys asked SASHA for permission to date her OLDER sister?

With all these Sasha things, it looks like TellTale were going to have her be Lilly level bitch-esque, but changed it.

Alt text

......I'm not sure how to respond to that. Probably has to do Rhys? Now I got a fucked up image of Sasha with a psych bitch face and smile with pure lust on her face for Rhys.......

Now that's something I want to see....

There is an achievement called 'Ain't Got Time To Bleed'. Coincidence? I think not!

• You're right on that latter point - it's actual terminology, but all of those words are rarely (if ever) used together in a single sentence like that. I think they were just trying to make him sound super nerdy.

Bluebirdo posted: »

Hmm, anyone familiar with accounting know if what Vaughn said makes any sort of sense? I mean it's a foreign language to me, but I have no a

• You're right. I did a second playthrough to refresh my memory on the story, and this time I played a more timid Rhys (going with things I thought I would pick in real life). I stayed silent at that part because I imagined I'd personally be too flustered to speak in that situation, and Rhys got clobbered.

• Yeah, I was surprised he would even punch Rhys for no reason if you were silent. Vasquez is a real dick. :p

You're right. I did a second playthrough to refresh my memory on the story, and this time I played a more timid Rhys (going with things I th

• I actually flinched when it happened. I wasn't expecting it AT ALL.

Yeah, I was surprised he would even punch Rhys for no reason if you were silent. Vasquez is a real dick.

• (Fiona) At the part where you can choose a mask for the race, there's a couple of interesting things going on here. The bandit will literally praise you for any mask you purchase. If you dont have enough money for the more expensive mask (majority of players' case) observing it will put a worried or sad face on Fiona. If she cant purchase the middle mask, she just looks at it regularly.

• Sounds like a 'x will remember tha' notification to me, considering what follows that string.

Pipas posted: »

Sasha wants to see you bleed. Wth, Sasha.

• HEY Flog's back.

Great to see you again.

Flog61 posted: »

Sounds like a 'x will remember tha' notification to me, considering what follows that string.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.