Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Tales From The Borderlands

Comments

• edited December 2014

So I just read in a comment you don't need to use the emp-impulse while the deal and Rhys destroys the vault key either, my questions is: "does he than also has this bugs with his arm, eye and on-hand screen?" may if not that will also change much...

• No, he'll throw it on the ground in anger. But I seriously doubt that will have much effect.

• edited December 2014

also Felix got the Maggie(Legendary Jakobs Revolver from BL2) i think
    and Sashas Maliwan SMG could be the Hellfire (BL2)

MM720 posted: »

Like I mentioned in another thread, you can see bandits holding Legendary Guns from Borderlands 2. The person capturing Rhys and Fiona at

• The EMP isn't what bugs out his eye/arm - it's him (unknowingly) downloading Handsome Jack's AI via Nakayama's ID drive.

• I did that in my second playthrough, I also thought it was epic. Here's some screens
    Alt text
    Alt text
    Alt text

Also, didn't get screen caps because I was so taken by the majesty of the scene - but if you equip Loader Bot with the riot shield and grena

• It is the EMP. He doesn't download Jack's AI until everyone is in Felix's caravan.

The EMP isn't what bugs out his eye/arm - it's him (unknowingly) downloading Handsome Jack's AI via Nakayama's ID drive.

• I assumed OP was asking what causes his eye/arm to glitch (while he's scanning the Atlas warehouse and when he's trying to hack the lift), which is due to the AI... Not what causes him to drop the vault key (that's definitely the EMP, and if Fiona doesn't put it on in time he scans the vault key and throws it on the ground, instead).

IAmHoboKing posted: »

It is the EMP. He doesn't download Jack's AI until everyone is in Felix's caravan.

• Really? Apparently I missed that. I had Sasha pegged as being a few years younger than that.

Bokor posted: »

According to Rhys' Eye, Fiona is 29 years old while Sasha is 24.

• JESUS!! I REALLY NEED TO SEE THAT NOW!!

SCR4P-TP posted: »

I did that in my second playthrough, I also thought it was epic. Here's some screens

• Yvette has Erin Yvette's (voice of Sasha) last name as a first name :P I thought that was pretty kewl

• Good to see you still on the forums Harrison, I heard you left Telltale. Anyway, good luck at 2K Games.

I think it's random each time (I could be wrong) so I wrote a bunch that probably got missed. There's a King's Quest 6 reference in there somewhere too...

• I would have recorded it but my Fraps wont record this game for some reason :c

JESUS!! I REALLY NEED TO SEE THAT NOW!!

• Maybe Erin was her ancestor :P

javoris767 posted: »

Yvette has Erin Yvette's (voice of Sasha) last name as a first name :P I thought that was pretty kewl

• No screenshot handy but in Episode 4s achievements on PS3, there is one called Aint Got Time To Bleed

• So Nick only had to press Q...
    DAMNIT NICK XD

(Spoiler?)During the race with Fiona, one her animations from the her fight are reused from the TWD game.

• Yeah I died only once as Rhys and I got this dialogue:

Stranger: And then you died? You sure you wanna stick with that story?

Rhys: Well, y'know, I didn't technically die but I could have!

Pipas posted: »

I guess nobody died? Just me? Well then. I died as Fiona during the race and when the game over screen popped up, the interrogator said t

• If you fail to give the thing to Sasha (as Fiona) during the deal, Rhys will scan the Vault Key and realize it's a fake, August will be like 'What?!' and Rhys will smile and drop the key just to prove it, then he'll say 'Just get the money and let's go home, Vaughn.'

(i got this on my first playthrough x3)

• If you don't kick down the trash can after you leave Vasquez's office, Vaughn will accidentally bump into it, causing it to fall and the announcement to come on ordering Rhys to clean it up.

• And wold among us. Vasquez used Bigbys animation when he was walking back and forth, and hands on the table. Also one of the bandits makes the sound Bigby makes if you miss a quick time and are hit

TFTBL and GOT heavily reuses animations and textures from TWDGS2.

• You can talk to numerous Pandorans when Rhys and Vaughn decide to ask for directions, they're on the left from Rudiger's food cart.

Fiona can find money:

On the ground next to the man that was being killed during her way to August's bar.

Money can also be found by taking down the posters and opening the loot crate right before Fiona encounters Shade.

If you tell Loader Bot to self-destruct he will say "You suck!" and fly off.

If you don't pick up the treasure nearest to you near the end of the episode while playing as Rhys before discovering the Atlas Tech and the Gortys Project, you won't be able to pick it up again, the other treasures are also misleading as you can never go close enough to them without triggering a cut-scene.

If you don't look at Professor Nakayama's corpse in Shade's World of Curiosities, Vaughn will bump into him and the ID drive will fall off but this time his gun doesn't almost fall.

If you don't let Shade come with you, he gets shot by August.

Warning Felix will save him from getting killed in the explosion.

When being attacked by the bandits, in one part, Rhys can use the stun baton on the dead/knocked-out bandit to temporarily get the bigger bandit out of the way.

• As Rhys, when you do the failed bandit choke with Sasha, the bandit grabs the stub baton, and attempts to turn it on. If you don't do anything, he turns it on while it's facing his stomach and is launched backwards.

When you are approaching the room where you hack the lift, you are given an option to tell Sasha to shoot he bandits or not. If you say shoot them, she will chastise you about not thinking about the noise. If you say wait, she will be trigger-happy and only is stopped from shooting because you tell her of a passing bandit.

Sasha runs out of ammo after the lift, but magically has more ammo when she is in the arena.

• Maybe she looted some ammo.

As Rhys, when you do the failed bandit choke with Sasha, the bandit grabs the stub baton, and attempts to turn it on. If you don't do anythi

• If you tell Loader Bot to self-destruct he will say "You suck!" and fly off.

I don't think he flies off, he stays there I believe.

prink34320 posted: »

You can talk to numerous Pandorans when Rhys and Vaughn decide to ask for directions, they're on the left from Rudiger's food cart. Fiona

• I noticed her running outta ammo then shoots; it was weird. Perhaps a bug..? Or writing problem?

As Rhys, when you do the failed bandit choke with Sasha, the bandit grabs the stub baton, and attempts to turn it on. If you don't do anythi

• Definitely writing problem.

I noticed her running outta ammo then shoots; it was weird. Perhaps a bug..? Or writing problem?

• from where you got this pic?

Maxdik posted: »

Future version Rhys's Echo Eye is still functional.

• he did a model swap @Deadwolfwalking

from where you got this pic?

• Oh sorry I guess I haven't played the first episode enough :p

dojo32161 posted: »

If you tell Loader Bot to self-destruct he will say "You suck!" and fly off. I don't think he flies off, he stays there I believe.

• Rhys's robotic eye is blue in the story, but when he's captured and telling the story his eye is orange. Maybe it has something to do with handsome Jack

• On this very website, go to Games, select TFTB, and choose choices. Obviously it will load up a in depth view of the choices you made in the current episode, selected on the right hand side. If you try and select other episodes a little "no access sign" appears and a text appears saying different things for every episode that isn't out yet.

• I was watching someone who played it on the PS4, when they told the Loader Bot to evacuate, the notification said, "Good Choice" instead of, "Loader Bot will store that in memory."

• ...How did he get that?...other than tell him to evacuate.

I was watching someone who played it on the PS4, when they told the Loader Bot to evacuate, the notification said, "Good Choice" instead of, "Loader Bot will store that in memory."

• I don't know exactly, probably just some sort of error like being able to kill Mike on the PS3 version of The Walking Dead. Either way, here's the video (skip to 36:12).
    Click here

...How did he get that?...other than tell him to evacuate.

• Hmmm...Interesting.

I don't know exactly, probably just some sort of error like being able to kill Mike on the PS3 version of The Walking Dead. Either way, here's the video (skip to 36:12). Click here

• They both seem to be Zafford goons (seems Zafords and Hodunks will make a major appearance in TFTB), so maybe that's why they are alike. Not sure about the one on the left. He's not wearing green nor the cap, so probably just reused model.

Brothers then, maybe. Not like it matters anyway since they're both dead.

• Happened to me too. I got Good Choice.

And when I skipped the credits, I got 3333 instead of the TellTale Games will remember that.

I was watching someone who played it on the PS4, when they told the Loader Bot to evacuate, the notification said, "Good Choice" instead of, "Loader Bot will store that in memory."

• What the hell is 3333 supposed to mean I wonder? Like I said, it's probably some sort of bug that Telltale needs to fix.

Happened to me too. I got Good Choice. And when I skipped the credits, I got 3333 instead of the TellTale Games will remember that.

• Has anyone mentioned that the bandit leader really looks like Walter?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.