Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Tales From The Borderlands

Comments

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I wonder if they got the idea for that quote from this :P

Alt text

TomTrev posted: »

My favorite scan is in The World of Curiosities. There's a dude, when you scan him, it says "Stabbed to death." And it says: Last words, "Whatta'ya gonna do? Stab me?"

• Immediatley came to mind

OzzyUK posted: »

• It is a possibility lol. I love the lengths Telltale went to ensure it felt just like a Borderlands game. Borderlands is one of my favorite series, and I have to admit, I was a bit nervous going in. But they did it justice. After I read that I couldn't stop laughing for awhile. XP

OzzyUK posted: »

• If you call Shade an asshole with Rhys, and later also call him an asshole with Fiona, he will say:

'You're the second person to call me that today!'

• Damn! I was going to point that out! But you beat me to it here. Ah well, still glad someone pointed it out. Is it possible that the Atlas Silver SMG (Is that what it's called?) could be Legendary? Or would it be considered Pearlescent.

MM720 posted: »

Like I mentioned in another thread, you can see bandits holding Legendary Guns from Borderlands 2. The person capturing Rhys and Fiona at

• I played on Xbone but it said (?) Good Choice instead

(!) Loaderbot will store that in memory This is what happens when you tell loaderbot to evacuate.

• If you want to consider Poker Night 2 canon? Then Steve moves onto that with Claptrap. Doubt it's canon though, that's far fetched. I don't want him to be dead either. Alt text

• Yeah and if you tell him to go away as Fiona in the vent, later on when you get the option to shoot at August, August shoots Shade not Felix and Shade dies with last words. "You should have let me come with you." or something like that, I don't remember. It was sad though...

If you call Shade an asshole with Rhys, and later also call him an asshole with Fiona, he will say: 'You're the second person to call me that today!'

• It's me again, but did you know you can turn of the selectables by pressing 'T'?

The circles usually showing you what you can look at then disappear. If you go over the options with the mouse, everything will be like always.

Just a neat little detail I overlooked so far.

• I think it was "Oh! Now I wish you'd let me come with you.". It's only made worse because he says it pretty cheerfully... Then his expression changes to horror and he falls to the ground :(

FetchWalker posted: »

Yeah and if you tell him to go away as Fiona in the vent, later on when you get the option to shoot at August, August shoots Shade not Felix

• Yeah, that's how the game over screens work. It really reminds me of Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. I really love it.

Pipas posted: »

I guess nobody died? Just me? Well then. I died as Fiona during the race and when the game over screen popped up, the interrogator said t

• edited November 2014

All you got was Zer0 speaking out loud of what the note said.
    It's near the end of this video, and all he says is...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WYbjDBxVNg

To Zer0: One.
    Well that's irritatingly cryptic.

TomTrev posted: »

Can you post an image of the note? That was the one DLC in BL2 I didn't play. So I never saw the note.

• Did anyone notice Janey in the "Next Time" trailer for episode 2? Fiona pushed her up against a wall.

• Sasha was the one who pushed her against a wall actually.

• Right, it was Sasha. I'm just excited we're getting her in the next episode.

Although the 'Next Time' trailers aren't always that accurate, let's keep in mind.

dojo32161 posted: »

Sasha was the one who pushed her against a wall actually.

• edited November 2014

I know Rhys's new arm got a mention when him and Fiona are tied up by that guy, but what I did notice was that Rhys's bionic eye is no longer glowing blue, meaning maybe he can't see out of it anymore because it's broken or his eye got replaced too like his arm. Kinda got me curious if that means Handsome Jack isn't there messing with his brain anymore.

Oh and Rhys and Fiona are wearing different clothes, confirming people don't wear the same clothes weeks or years on end like in anime XD

• How have they not been accurate? This is my first Telltale game...

• Telltale changes various things in their plot based on user reactions, so things will change.

How have they not been accurate? This is my first Telltale game...

• Huh, that's a way to go about it. Thank you for clearing it up, but would you mind me asking what stuff in Wolf Among Us or The Walking Dead was changed in this way?

Telltale changes various things in their plot based on user reactions, so things will change.

• The most serious example of things changing between episodes is between episodes 1 and 2 of The Wolf Among Us, as there was a severe rewrite. Entire scenes were changed, Lawrence didn't appear at all, either The Woodsman or Dee didn't appear based on an earlier choice, and Bigby didn't turn into a werewolf as the "Next Time" segment implied. You should check them out.

Huh, that's a way to go about it. Thank you for clearing it up, but would you mind me asking what stuff in Wolf Among Us or The Walking Dead was changed in this way?

• When you first gain control over Fiona and are walking down the ally just pass the coughing gentlemen and the loot/poster there is graffiti on the wall that reads "Save Doug" I found that to be so cool. Great first episode!

• edited November 2014

wait whaat? Banang in the walking dead? Why havn't I heard about this... thing?

well anyway. it hasn't any significance of importance.

Looks like they reused the Walking Dead version of Banang.

• I hope they will add the skip feature for the walking dead aswel.

... on seconds thoughts, it might not be such a good idea.

bloop posted: »

I think most people know this already, but whatever. If you skip the credits, it will say at the top left: (?)TellTaleGames will remember that

• Banang is from the Sam & Max series that Telltale made, they have put Banang in every game they have made since. Here are the locations of Banang in The Walking Dead

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

wait whaat? Banang in the walking dead? Why havn't I heard about this... thing? well anyway. it hasn't any significance of importance.

• Not a big fan of The Walking Dead, but I really need to check out The Wolf Among Us, thanks!

The most serious example of things changing between episodes is between episodes 1 and 2 of The Wolf Among Us, as there was a severe rewrite

• I'd still check out a playthrough of The Walking Dead, it's probably one of my favorite narratives in any video game or even any movie.

Not a big fan of The Walking Dead, but I really need to check out The Wolf Among Us, thanks!

• edited November 2014

Damn you beat me to it

Trentest0 posted: »

When using the ECHO Eye on the skeletal fish in the World of Curiosities, it was say (paraphrased) "Can be summoned from the depths to perfo

• I noticed that in BL2 a lot of pedestrians look like him too

Fazz posted: »

I just wonder about the guy in the intro who was shot in the face. Isn't he the same guy stabbed during Fiona's prelude? Then he did survive the stabbing?

• this might be due to the obvious reasons but here it goes" In rhys perspective if u notice the exhaust where sasha approaches ( which we later come to know in fiona's perspective) u can never spot fiona there in rhys perspective

• I kind of thought this at first as well, but then I realized the Interrogator has five fingers. Zer0 only has four. :( Also, the mystery person seems much wider than Zer0. Still, they do sound quite a bit alike, but then maybe it's only the voice effect? Shrug.

• Alt text

Ah, so clever. XD

• So Shade killed his grandpa and later said he was still alive.

...makes sense. In that crazy Pandoran kind of way.

Bigby-Wolf posted: »

Ah, so clever. XD

• You know how crazy those Pandorans are... Especially Shade.

So Shade killed his grandpa and later said he was still alive. ...makes sense. In that crazy Pandoran kind of way.

• FYI - a hole in your hand means the nerves for your fingers are all fucked.

Dunno why this bothers me, considering how cartoonish this series is. Probably Post-Clem-Shooting-Disorder. (PCSD)

Pipas posted: »

In the preview for Episode 2 August has a hole in his hand even if you don't shoot at him.

• Rhys' eye is yellow in the future/present scenes.

Jack's favorite color (at least as stated by TvTropes)? Yellow.

• He should really be introduced as Walter

• lol I noticed that too and laughed so hard xD though at the same time I felt kind of guilty

josse01 posted: »

When the credits are rolling click enter and the credits will stop, and on the top corner it will say: ''Telltale will remember that''

• At the end of E1 the kidnapper has Fiona and Rhys at the same location that the deal for the key was made.

Alt text

• Holy sheeeet, how did I miss that?

At the end of E1 the kidnapper has Fiona and Rhys at the same location that the deal for the key was made.

• Shhhhhh, against all odds of natural selection Face McShooty has a large bloodline of psycho bandits wanting to be shot in places.

Pibrac posted: »

We already kill him in borderlands 2 anyway...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.