Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Tales From The Borderlands

Comments

• yea i never got that was it when she wanted to see the stun stick? because i didn't let her hold it

dojo32161 posted: »

Yeah, Rhys and Sasha can pinky promise.

• Yeah, you can make her pinky promise to give it back.

Jewfreeus posted: »

yea i never got that was it when she wanted to see the stun stick? because i didn't let her hold it

• Like I mentioned in another thread, you can see bandits holding Legendary Guns from Borderlands 2.

The person capturing Rhys and Fiona at the beginning (and interrogates them) uses a Conference Call (Legendary Hyperion Shotgun)

The bandit sniping another near the start of the game uses a Skullmasher (Legendary Jakobs Sniper from all 3 BL games)

A random psycho at the end dual wields two Unkempt Harolds (Legendary Torgue Pistols. Known as the most OP gun of BL2)

• rhys has a new shiney chrome arm in the beginning/future scenes, so we will probably get a new arm in later episodes

• We already kill him in borderlands 2 anyway...

UCAAV29784 posted: »

I wonder if Telltale will add in the SHOOT ME IN THE FACE guy in a later episode.

• Nobody's talking about Steve's mask?... The ''HEYOO'' guy... at the race we can take his mask but how would Steve lost it because he surely isn't dead and if he is.. :(

• I've heard about people rewinding their saves when Clementine made them feel too guilty, but forsaking Loader Bot is a whole new level!

You made Loaderbot hate you...Your own son hates you now...Feel proud. :P

• I missed that... hehehe... how awesome. ^^

Trentest0 posted: »

When using the ECHO Eye on the skeletal fish in the World of Curiosities, it was say (paraphrased) "Can be summoned from the depths to perfo

• Loader Bot can actually have different dialogue depending on the weapons given to him.

If you chose the riot shield, he wonders what war is good for, and Rhys claims all the loaders seemed to get smarter with Jack gone. Vaughn remarked with "Yeah, I think we all have."

• edited November 2014

That same thing on Carlos, the animation of beating that guy up is the same as Jane beating up Kenny in the reststop. Also there's a reused zombie crawl near the end of the episode that's the same as the one used with the walker at the bridge in TWDG Episode 2.

Jewfreeus posted: »

i know but we have mentioned reused stuff before but i made a video with some of the ones i noticed plus the one mentioned above with nick's

• edited November 2014

I just wonder about the guy in the intro who was shot in the face. Isn't he the same guy stabbed during Fiona's prelude? Then he did survive the stabbing?

Stabbed Image
    In the Intro Image

• I take no credit for this one, but:

Alt text

On the right side of the wall, there are the words 'SAVE DOUG' written on them. It's a little nod to the 'Save Doug' campaign back in TWDG Season 1 that started up after most players saved Carley.

• edited November 2014

In the Episode 2 preview, you can catch a glimpse of Jimbo on Tector's back.

This means either those 3 missions in BL2 never happened, or it is canon for the Zaffords to be eliminated.

Alt text

• Most likely Telltale reusing models again.

Fazz posted: »

I just wonder about the guy in the intro who was shot in the face. Isn't he the same guy stabbed during Fiona's prelude? Then he did survive the stabbing?

• edited November 2014

It's too bad some of these jokes will never be seen by people like me who choose to play in minimal style. We should have our own jokes! :p

A last minute add, but I'm glad people seem to like it!

• I actually thought it wasn't going to survive, so I thought I'd made the decent choice... but I've actually seen that it COULD survive. So I felt bad.

I've heard about people rewinding their saves when Clementine made them feel too guilty, but forsaking Loader Bot is a whole new level!

• It's a shame, really. The Zafords were my favorite. :( Plus, they had Steve on their side!

• Good thing Steve got away in time, right? Right.

Alt text

It's a shame, really. The Zafords were my favorite. Plus, they had Steve on their side!

• Well, what if there are no male sirens YET...
    Nah, talking out my ... now :)

Nah, probably just a coincidence. As far as the lore goes, only females can be born with blue tattoos and Siren powers.

• When Rhys gets out of the van... caravan or whatever - you can scan the rest of the characters. Not much information, still thought it was cool

• Even though the weapons crate in Fiona's caravan isn't colored yellow when looking through Rhys' eye, you can still scan it.

• He's a gang member from the Irish family I believe. (Borderlands 2)

His model is most likely reused, like most of the psycho's.

Fazz posted: »

• darlingno posted: »

Well, what if there are no male sirens YET... Nah, talking out my ... now

• Brothers then, maybe. Not like it matters anyway since they're both dead.

• Oh my ... that was such a lovely scene. I was glad I made them bond... kinda. And then later Sasha noticed my loyalty to Vaughn.

dojo32161 posted: »

Yeah, you can make her pinky promise to give it back.

• I think it has something to do with him being part robo-ish, because of an operation or an accident I suppose.

darlingno posted: »

Quick question - is Rhys a freaking male SIREN? He's got that tattoo you know...

• edited November 2014

You can see an ad for ENGORGE when you are shown the first shot of Hollowpoint.

ENGORGE is an Atlas male-enhancement supplement that is advertised. Athena uses these ads to mask the signal of the frequency she uses to help the Borderlands 1 Vault Hunters in the General Knoxx DLC.

• Yeah, he's one of the Zaford clan (BL2).

He's a gang member from the Irish family I believe. (Borderlands 2) His model is most likely reused, like most of the psycho's.

• Steve is the reason we are on the Zaford's side... still Jimbo is so hilarious... >v<
    But... HEYOOO!

BlueShadiw posted: »

Good thing Steve got away in time, right? Right.

• In the preview for Episode 2 August has a hole in his hand even if you don't shoot at him.

Alt text

• What? I really need to pay attention, thx for mentioning that.

You can see an ad for ENGORGE when you are shown the first shot of Hollowpoint. ENGORGE is an Atlas male-enhancement supplement that is a

• I just noticed Marcus the fourth xD

Alt text

• Alt text

javoris767 posted: »

I just noticed Marcus the fourth xD

• Since no one's pointed it out yet...

The "stranger" dragging you through the desert and forcing you to tell your story is probably Zer0. The voice-actor sounds the same, the mask with the one eye theme matches some of Zer0's head customizations in that way, and most importantly... he speaks in haiku.

• edited November 2014

Holy shiet! "Don't be a smart-ass / I'm not a patient person / So just start talking"
    The bastard is right, he speaks in Haiku! Perhaps he could be One. Zer0 doesn't seem to be that person, but in a twist he could be, my moneys on no though.
    What my moneys on(theoretical money, if that's even a thing), is that he is One. One from the note left to Zer0 in the Son of Crawmerax DLC.

TongariDan, I love you man! That's insane!

• This isn't something to do with the game, but if you go onto the TFTBL page, the Telltale Games logo changes.

Alt text

• NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni

:(

Nick can have an exclusive animation but not a proper death? Damnit Nick

• He got away in time to go to poker night with Claptrap.

BlueShadiw posted: »

Good thing Steve got away in time, right? Right.

• Can you post an image of the note? That was the one DLC in BL2 I didn't play. :o So I never saw the note.

Holy shiet! "Don't be a smart-ass / I'm not a patient person / So just start talking" The bastard is right, he speaks in Haiku! Perhaps he

• My favorite scan is in The World of Curiosities. There's a dude, when you scan him, it says "Stabbed to death." And it says: Last words, "Whatta'ya gonna do? Stab me?"

darlingno posted: »

When Rhys gets out of the van... caravan or whatever - you can scan the rest of the characters. Not much information, still thought it was cool

Sign in to comment in this discussion.