Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Tales From The Borderlands

Comments

• Or make him go ka-boom ;-;

(!) Loaderbot will store that in memory This is what happens when you tell loaderbot to evacuate.

• No, only heartless monsters would kill their own son.

Poogers555 posted: »

Or make him go ka-boom ;-;

• pls forgiv me loaderboi

No, only heartless monsters would kill their own son.

• ...He returns later and yells "Righteous Father! ".

;_ ;

I love you loader son.

Poogers555 posted: »

pls forgiv me loaderboi

• When Fiona and Vaughn are entering the arena, there's a bandit doing the Guybrush dance.

Alt text

• harrisonpinkharrisonpink Telltale Alumni

A last minute add, but I'm glad people seem to like it!

If Rhys slaps Shade, it will say 'Shade's face will remember that.' XD

• edited November 2014

i know but we have mentioned reused stuff before but i made a video with some of the ones i noticed plus the one mentioned above with nick's movement being reused in case anyone missed them and wanted to see for themselves and no i am not trying to bash telltale with the title :p

0:00-0:29-reused menu sounds

0:30-0:52-reused sound effect/music from amid the ruins

0:53-1:02-reused carlos model? for me at least it looked like him from behind

1:03-1:27-reused walter scene the resemblance is actually crazy

1:28-2:32-reused ak47 gunshot sounds

the last part of it is the nick animation that was posted earlier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuyaT2VzUW4

• I can't believe I missed it.

I think it was mostly a reference to the actual song and not the Sam and Max War song. However, I'm now hoping that Telltale makes a Maimtro

• After Vaughn and Fiona are in the barracks you can see writing on a wall that says-'You fight like a dairy farmer!' A reference to Monkey Island and The Walking Dead.

• How exactly does a dairy farmer fight?

After Vaughn and Fiona are in the barracks you can see writing on a wall that says-'You fight like a dairy farmer!' A reference to Monkey Island and The Walking Dead.

• like danny?

zeke10 posted: »

How exactly does a dairy farmer fight?

• So not well?

Jewfreeus posted: »

like danny?

• edited November 2014

pretty much i wonder if all dairy farmers attempt to use an electric fence

zeke10 posted: »

So not well?

• When skipping the credits it says "Telltale games will remember that", left the game with a smile on my face :)

• edited November 2014

At the Grease Face Hub (the first one I guess), you can talk to the guy eating...stuff, and there's a new angle that shows the closet's side. There's a sign saying:

'Dook hut, no fapping!'

Yeah, it was hut. Thanks.

• edited November 2014

At the Grease Face Hub (the first one I guess), you can talk to the guy eating...stuff, and there's a new angle that shows the closet's side. There's a sign saying: 'Dook hut, no fapping!' Yeah, it was hut. Thanks.

• Quick question - is Rhys a freaking male SIREN? He's got that tattoo you know...

• If you tell him to self-destruct. he'll come back later and say "You suck!"

...He returns later and yells "Righteous Father! ". ;_ ; I love you loader son.

• You made Loaderbot hate you...Your own son hates you now...Feel proud. :P

Sagura posted: »

If you tell him to self-destruct. he'll come back later and say "You suck!"

• edited November 2014
    • If you call the guy who's making pork chops at the beginning greasy face, he will be introduced as "Grease Face" and his description will be "He has a greasy face." But if you adress him politely, he will be present as Rudinger (or something like that) and his description will be "Kill'em and grill'em"

• If you told Loader Bot to evacuate he will come back at the end and say "Rigtheous father! I have found you!" But if make him self-destruct he will remember this and say "You suck!"

• There are death scenes where Fiona or Rhys say something specific about them. For example, if you fail to close the door on August, she will say "Boom! Right between the eyes! That's what would've happened if I hadn't managed to close the door."

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited April 2015

Depending on what Fiona said was the most important part of his story that Rhys left out, you can say a variation of it to Felix when you're in the vent.

If you told him it's complicated, you can say that to Felix.

If you said the Vault Key shattered, you can tell Felix that Rhys broke it.

If you said the ganglord showed up, you can tell it to Felix.

If you said the Vault Hunter showed up, you can tell it to Felix.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited November 2014

If you are unable to put the EMP grenade onto the case or you don't activate the EMP, Rhys will scan it and declare it a fake, and then he'll throw it on the ground.

If Rhys stays quiet when they try to push him out of the caravan door, Vaughn will explain the tracker, when Sasha pulls Rhys back in, you have the option to scold Vaughn, telling him that it was a secret.

• I clicked only to turn the volume down and got the message

josse01 posted: »

When the credits are rolling click enter and the credits will stop, and on the top corner it will say: ''Telltale will remember that''

• Actually, I was already thinking about the ending of the DLC module for F.E.A.R. 2 if anyone here's played it. Fettel is gone ... then he's not. I've been pondering it ever since seeing the launch video where they mentioned "contingencies". It just fits. Though I would hate it, because that would mean Rhys is a goner, if that's what they have planned. I kinda got hopes for the kid.

Clord posted: »

Rhys might be Handsome Jack's clone and Handsome Jack might plan to get a new body. Of course this is just a theory and I did read about that "clone part" from TV Tropes WMG section. Of course this is all just speculation.

• The running animations for Bigby and Rhys seem reused. :)

IAmHoboKing posted: »

Most of the animations are reused :P

• Alt text

Grafite posted: »

* If you call the guy who's making pork chops at the beginning greasy face, he will be introduced as "Grease Face" and his description will

• Nah, probably just a coincidence. As far as the lore goes, only females can be born with blue tattoos and Siren powers.

darlingno posted: »

Quick question - is Rhys a freaking male SIREN? He's got that tattoo you know...

• I wonder if Telltale will add in the SHOOT ME IN THE FACE guy in a later episode.

• I missed that at first, but saw it later in a YouTube playthrough. Glad to see that Telltale snuck in a reference to one of their older titles. :P

thesporkman posted: »

When Fiona and Vaughn are entering the arena, there's a bandit doing the Guybrush dance.

• Another reused animation is the Pinky Promise animation. That's one of the more obvious reused animations, but a lot of people seem to have not mentioned that one.

i know but we have mentioned reused stuff before but i made a video with some of the ones i noticed plus the one mentioned above with nick's

• Oh god do I hope so!

UCAAV29784 posted: »

I wonder if Telltale will add in the SHOOT ME IN THE FACE guy in a later episode.

• Vasquez's registration number on his car is VA5QU3Z.

• If you fail to shoot him, it will say:

SHOOT ME IN THE FACE GUY will remember that(!)

Oh god do I hope so!

• edited November 2014

Sasha has two possible indtroductions in Fiona's first chapter.

If you say 'I'm a VIP' or 'It says, 'I own this place', she will be introduced stepping out of the door and telling Tector Fiona is the VIP they've been waiting for.

If you draw your gun, Tector will know it only has one bullet and taunt you that won't be enough for him. Sasha then points a gun at the back of his head and says 'You want to guess how many bullets I have?' She is then introduced with the gun.

The words are the same, 'Kid sister, partner in crime'

• edited November 2014

His real name is Face McShooty, gosh skag it!

Alt text

UCAAV29784 posted: »

If you fail to shoot him, it will say: SHOOT ME IN THE FACE GUY will remember that(!)

• Then:

Face McShooty will never forget that (!)

His real name is Face McShooty, gosh skag it!

• i never got to do a pinky swear what scene was it in? i'm assuming it is sometime when they are sneaking through that building right before the race?

Another reused animation is the Pinky Promise animation. That's one of the more obvious reused animations, but a lot of people seem to have not mentioned that one.

• Yeah, Rhys and Sasha can pinky promise.

i never got to do a pinky swear what scene was it in? i'm assuming it is sometime when they are sneaking through that building right before the race?

• Yes.

yea i never got that was it when she wanted to see the stun stick? because i didn't let her hold it

Sign in to comment in this discussion.