Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Tales From The Borderlands

Comments

• edited November 2014

On PS4 you can check percents of what trophies people have... and certain Episode 2-5 trophies have 0.01% completion of everyone who has it... It's like the first, then the fourth and fifth, so I think it's a glitch. Wouldn't the fourth and fifth chapter people also have the third completed? Eh, I thought it was interesting

• No it's not a glitch, the .01% of people who have it are testers who gained them while testing the episode, at least that's what happened for TWD and TWAU, so I'm sure it's the same situation for this game.

On PS4 you can check percents of what trophies people have... and certain Episode 2-5 trophies have 0.01% completion of everyone who has it.

• When the hatch closes on Rhys and Sasha, Fiona and Vaughn swap positions.

Fiona goes from left of the hatch to the right, and Vaughn does the opposite.

• The pause menu background changes colour depending on which character you're playing as.

• When Rhys and Vaughn ran over that skag, Vaughn said that they were murderers and thought it would take more than 20 seconds for that to happen. Little did they know that they already committed murder the moment they landed on Pandora when they landed on that bandit.

• harrisonpinkharrisonpink Telltale Alumni

Shade didn't kill the denizens of Oasis. He just strung up their dried corpses. Same here (I assume).

So Shade killed his grandpa and later said he was still alive. ...makes sense. In that crazy Pandoran kind of way.

• Ah, thanks. I didn't play Borderlands before, so I didn't know Shade was in them already.

Shade didn't kill the denizens of Oasis. He just strung up their dried corpses. Same here (I assume).

• This accident was pretty similiar to Wyatt's story in TWD Season 1 DLC.

When Rhys and Vaughn ran over that skag, Vaughn said that they were murderers and thought it would take more than 20 seconds for that to hap

• On the title menu (The one circling around Rhys and Fiona) Rhys's appearance changes after Ep.1 (Rhys has blood on him from when he used Zer0's sword to kill the monster). We can only suspect that their appearance will change on the title menu after each episode.

I made a thread about this and only a Telltale staff member said anything... They said "Hmmmmm."

• Speaking of Rhys's appearance after gutting that Giant Skag, he is covered in blood right, but when Loader Bot shows up again and Rhys falls down into the Atlas lab Rhys's bloody suit is now cleaner. I guess the fall cleaned him up lol. Can't really upset over this as a bloody suit would just look to distracting for the ending scene.

On the title menu (The one circling around Rhys and Fiona) Rhys's appearance changes after Ep.1 (Rhys has blood on him from when he used Zer

• It's not really a secret thing to notice, but I loved that every time Rhys punched or attacked someone (at least in my playthroughs), he uses his non-robotic arm. I laughed out loud when he hurts his hand punching the bandit or when he fails to kill the one on the catwalk with his normal arm, while presumably his awesome robot arm would have no problem punching people or breaking a neck. I like to think this was intentional (and that maybe at some point some character will comment on why he doesn't use his metal arm to hit people).

• Someone from Telltale has confirmed that he's left handed.

It's not really a secret thing to notice, but I loved that every time Rhys punched or attacked someone (at least in my playthroughs), he use

• Vasquez has a bionic(?) pinky finger on his left hand.

• In Felix's box of goodies that Fiona searches through when Sasha is in trouble there are some rather interesting items in there. Two of the most note-worthy items are: A Flux Capacitor (a Back to The Future Easter egg I'm sure) and a Prototype Doomsday Device (always handy to have one of those).

• Well, Vaughn is played by the same actor who played Eddie in Wyatt's Story.

Crips posted: »

This accident was pretty similiar to Wyatt's story in TWD Season 1 DLC.

• Vaughn's voiced by Chris Hardwick.

Eddie is voiced by Brandon Bales

J-Master posted: »

Well, Vaughn is played by the same actor who played Eddie in Wyatt's Story.

• Really? I guess I just got confused, they sound really similar though.

dojo32161 posted: »

Vaughn's voiced by Chris Hardwick. Eddie is voiced by Brandon Bales

• shade's grandpa is proff penumbra who sits like a corpse at the entry of world of curiosities..... just listen to whatever shade says after meeting him" my grandpapy build this place ... he loved this place and still does cause he is still alive "..... really? penumbra is alive .... creepy isnt it?

• I know right?

Goddamn it, you'd think a space western with indeterminate alien races, magical sirens, and megalomaniac A.I.'s hell-bent on possessing you via your extreme body modifications would be a little more focused on anatomical accuracy...

FOR SHAME TELLTALE!

(I'm just playing - it bugged me too)

Bokor posted: »

FYI - a hole in your hand means the nerves for your fingers are all fucked. Dunno why this bothers me, considering how cartoonish this series is. Probably Post-Clem-Shooting-Disorder. (PCSD)

• I'm not sure if this counts or not but....

When playing as Fiona for the first time, if you pick up the dying man's money she says "Girls gotta eat." This quote is also an achievement name in Borderlands 2:

Alt text

• edited December 2014

There's a few characters whose model exists in the game's files:

• Fitch

• Pollux

• Mad Moxxi

• Vallory (The woman in the Episode 3 slide)

• Jimbo (Makes a few second appearence in the 'Next Time On...' sequence)

• Duncan (Has bionic legs)

And the little robot is called Gortys.

• and claptrap how could you forget claptrap!? :o

There's a few characters whose model exists in the game's files: * Fitch * Pollux * Mad Moxxi * Vallory (The woman in the Epis

• edited December 2014

We all know Claptrap is and will be in the game :3

Jewfreeus posted: »

and claptrap how could you forget claptrap!?

• I can't wait to see Claptrap

We all know Claptrap is and will be in the game

• edited December 2014

Alt text
    I see they changed some... Scenes I guees

Fiona could've asked what happened to your arm.

• :)

Crips posted: »

I can't wait to see Claptrap

• Thanks for explaining.

Banang is from the Sam & Max series that Telltale made, they have put Banang in every game they have made since. Here are the locations of Banang in The Walking Dead

• How in heck is Sarah's book "The Guurgles" is on the table O_o

Banang is from the Sam & Max series that Telltale made, they have put Banang in every game they have made since. Here are the locations of Banang in The Walking Dead

• If you're nice to her when you first meet her she lends you the book.

How in heck is Sarah's book "The Guurgles" is on the table O_o

• He sits like a corpse cause he is one

shade's grandpa is proff penumbra who sits like a corpse at the entry of world of curiosities..... just listen to whatever shade says after

• I got Rudiger on my XBone.. TELLTALE I WILL KILL YOU.

• Gortys, huh?

Wonder what he and the Gortys Project are all about...

There's a few characters whose model exists in the game's files: * Fitch * Pollux * Mad Moxxi * Vallory (The woman in the Epis

• Also, it looks like there would originally have been an other storyline with Felix.

joshua007 posted: »

I see they changed some... Scenes I guees Fiona could've asked what happened to your arm.

• Anyway, Vivec, from the other forums, found some unused smash cards for characters we have seen and characters yet to be seen or never will see, he also found unused titles for episodes 2,4 and 5.

Unused smash cards for characters we have seen

Alt text

Alt text

Unused smash cards for characters yet to be seen or never will see

Alt text

Alt text

Also, these are the unused names for episodes 2, 4 and 5.

Episode 2: The Quickening

Episode 4: Escape From Hyperion

Episode 5: Journey To The Center Of The Vault

• Episode 5: Journey To The Center Of The Vault

Why wasn't this used...? Way better than Episode 5's name now (The Vault Of The Traveler)

• Didn't know if its already been mentioned but..

In the bar on the drink pumps one of them has the 'bananas' bottle from TWDG placed on top.

• That's actually the first detail on the first page. Also, it's not a bottle of bananas, it's Banang, which is from Sam & Max, and has been in every Telltale game as an Easter egg since.

ImUrban posted: »

Didn't know if its already been mentioned but.. In the bar on the drink pumps one of them has the 'bananas' bottle from TWDG placed on top.

• Sorry, I didn't see it.

Also that's interesting, love the fact they've kept it in from the beginning.

That's actually the first detail on the first page. Also, it's not a bottle of bananas, it's Banang, which is from Sam & Max, and has been in every Telltale game as an Easter egg since.

• edited December 2014

My theory is that he got both replaced to get rid of handsome Jack in a way
    Could be wrong though but we will see :p

Lilacsbloom posted: »

I know Rhys's new arm got a mention when him and Fiona are tied up by that guy, but what I did notice was that Rhys's bionic eye is no longe

• Why didn't they use the Loader Bot One? :(

Sign in to comment in this discussion.