Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Tales From The Borderlands

Comments

• Yeah I noticed that too

Vasquez, that'll be a whole 5 dollars in the swear jar !

I think Vasquez dropped the first uncensored f bomb in the Borderlands series.

• Oh, they both touch it in mine, but Fiona just touches it, that's it, while Rhys actually pushes the button. Who knows, though, maybe it is a bug.

Flog61 posted: »

I think thats a bug on your end - in my game they both clearly touch the button

• You know I found this kind of interesting:

In Zer0 Sum, when Rhys and Vaughn are in the caravan, when they where being threatened by Fiona and Sasha, Sasha says while she's trying to push Rhys out. "We should just shoot them first." and then Fiona says, "Save the bullet. The fall will definitely kill them."

In Atlas Mugged, going at the caravan's boost, Vaughn and Rhys fall out, and don't die.

• He also thinks Vasquez is a bigger douche.

A BIGGER DOUCHE.

JACK THINKS SOMEBODY IS A BIGGER DOUCHE THAN HIM.

SERIOUS BUSINESS HERE.

Arguably he faced a pretty big consequence right at the end of BL2! And yet he lives to douche another day...

• Ok. I might actually side with people saying that Tales was delayed because it was rewritten. Why, you ask? A lot of scenes from the "Next time on..." preview from "Zer0 Sum" was in the episode. I know, I know, I know... "Next time on..." previews are always wrong. That maybe true, but the concept of the episode is still similar For example: while the actual scenes didn't happen as seen, the concepts from TWD previews still existed. There are several spots that didn't happen that we saw in the TFTBL preview (ex: we saw zero bandits, Rhys never drove a Humvee-like vehicle, and Sasha was never in a sandstorm). Take a look for yourself. Skip to 12:57 if it doesn't start there automatically.

• I'm pretty sure those scenes are just scenes yet to come after episode 2, I doubt it was rewritten.

eRock92 posted: »

Ok. I might actually side with people saying that Tales was delayed because it was rewritten. Why, you ask? A lot of scenes from the "Nex

• Well, everyone isn't always right.

You know I found this kind of interesting: In Zer0 Sum, when Rhys and Vaughn are in the caravan, when they where being threatened by Fion

• I think the first few fics for Tales were about Rhyack, but I haven't checked in awhile at the fics.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

There's going to be steamy smut fics on these two isn't there? Speaking of which, where's 50 Shades of HandRhys? Uh, Jahys? Rhyack?

• Let's see...Torgue barrel, Hyperion sight.

Seems to be a unique.

Also, Salvador would love this.

Jack has the line, "Must be compensating for something," (or something along those lines) in response to the gun that Vasquez uses in an att

• edited March 2015

I think that in the present time of the game jack is in control of Rhys in someway because when you play the game and whenever jack goes into your "robot things" he's pretty much controlling Rhys and when he does this Rhys's cyber eye turns orange instead of blue, and in present time, his cyber eye is orange, so jack might be controlling him in some way. BTW, I'm new here do if I'm in the wrong place, please point me in the right direction, thanks

• Oh I'm new, I thought I was unique with my theory, but I found out everybody knows it already. Sorry about that. K thanks people

• edited March 2015

"You no class, thieving Pandoran scum!"

Yes! I noticed this as well. Maybe it's just because we haven't seen Rhys really lose his temper yet, but I was amazed at just how Jack that line sounded. Add in the nice suit, the new hairstyle, and knowing how vain Jack is about his looks...

All in all, it could just be a side effect of the two of them sharing a brain for an extended period of time, but it really does make you wonder exactly what happened. I still don't think Rhys getting clocked in the face with the shotgun at the beginning of the episode was coincidence.

You know how everyone thinks that Rhys' yellow eye in the future scenes means that Jack has fully taken control? Well I just realised that o

• I wonder if Rhys somehow got rid of Handsome Jack. I mean, in the present (Episode 2), they seem to talk about him like hes not there anymore. It just doesn't seem like Jack is controlling him. The eye thing does make me want to think Jack is in control/integrated but I don't know.

Destrux9090 posted: »

Oh I'm new, I thought I was unique with my theory, but I found out everybody knows it already. Sorry about that. K thanks people

• (?) CU5TM-TP will remember that.

I think Vasquez dropped the first uncensored f bomb in the Borderlands series.

• So...I was wondering. Is the name Handsome Jack a parody of the name Handsome Dick?

• Nah, it's a Doctor Who reference. It was only ever supposed to be used a place holder and not be his actual name but everyone got used to it and thought it was fitting so they kept it.

J-Master posted: »

So...I was wondering. Is the name Handsome Jack a parody of the name Handsome Dick?

• Little late but here you go

Poogers555 posted: »

Do you have a link to it, I cant find anyone who didnt tell him, and Im way to lazy to replay :P

• Well, Rhys's hand would be larger than Fiona's, being a man and all. 8U So it might appear that way.

At the end of episode one, Rhys and Fiona say that they're going to both open the button, but in the end, Rhys kinda takes over button press

• Also you might enjoy reading Anthony Burch's thoughts on Handsome Jack's character; I found them interesting.

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1091/inside-the-box-writing-handsome-jack

So...I was wondering. Is the name Handsome Jack a parody of the name Handsome Dick?

• Yeah, seems like some of those scenes are still coming. The one with Tector and the guy on the turret is on Atlas Mugged's Next time on. More likely they'll show up cause they have animations and all that premade, wouldn't want to waste them.

eRock92 posted: »

Ok. I might actually side with people saying that Tales was delayed because it was rewritten. Why, you ask? A lot of scenes from the "Nex

• eh, maybe I'm going crazy, but I stand by my point!

fayescarlet posted: »

Well, Rhys's hand would be larger than Fiona's, being a man and all. 8U So it might appear that way.

• i said this is another thread, but I hypothesize that The Stranger is either Zero or related to Zero.

evidence:
    1. The Stranger almost always speaks in Haiku, same as zero.
    2. when he doesn't, the single line is almost always 5 or 7 syllables.
    3. Both The Stranger and Zero are hunting the Gortys Project

now, there is other evidence against this, but i think it's weak evidence at best, such as The Stranger being bulkier than zero or having 5 fingers, both of which i think could be explained by a disguise.

however, if it ISN'T Zero, he or she is most certainly related to Zero, whatever he is. personally, I think he's a Geth-like advanced AI.

• edited August 2015

In episode 2, if you peek into Sasha's gift box, it will be showed as a "Pocket Watch" (and in orange color) in the inventory. Otherwise, it will be showed as a "Gift Box".

• If you don't make the final decision in time it defaults back to trusting Fiona - it also appears that Jack isn't pissed off by this like he is if you actively choose her (but who knows).

• Okay, do I just have a dirty mind or is Jack implying that Rhys' cybernetics extend to his genitals? O_O

Alt text

• Okay, last one - sorry for spam.

Alt text

It's difficult to see, but the planet above Rhys on the Gortys map is Menoetius, which is where Brick comes from.

• O_O

Okay, do I just have a dirty mind or is Jack implying that Rhys' cybernetics extend to his genitals? O_O

• I did this and it played out with Fiona doing her grenade chuck, but the snappy music that suppose to play at that part did not, just silence.

If you don't make the final decision in time it defaults back to trusting Fiona - it also appears that Jack isn't pissed off by this like he is if you actively choose her (but who knows).

• edited March 2015

Loader Bot's repaired limbs have purple and pink skulls on them...

A connection to Tiny Tina maybe?

• Waitwat.

Alt text

That's... legitimately creepy.

Okay, do I just have a dirty mind or is Jack implying that Rhys' cybernetics extend to his genitals? O_O

• I had to read the subtitles again when I first heard it... (/O-O)

• Alt text

• No bro keep posting its fun to read

Okay, last one - sorry for spam. It's difficult to see, but the planet above Rhys on the Gortys map is Menoetius, which is where Brick comes from.

• That really makes me wonder just how extensive Rhys' cybernetics are. There's a line from Vaughn about how Rhys gets headaches and how it might be a fault in his wiring. We know about his eye and his arm, but since his implants are never really brought up, they might run really deep.

• I personally believe Rhys's entire body is a robot body. 8U It doesn't make much sense, but that line there...

• Before Rhys and Fiona are untied, they're telling the story to their captor inside Shade's World of Curiosities, where you originally made the deal for the key and the ten million dollars.

Alt text
    Alt text

(sorry about the difference in screenshot quality, one is from my game, one is from a youtube video)

• Yeah but Rhys is like a HUGE fan of Jack so it's not truly surprising to see him talk like HJ

SpaceGoat posted: »

"You no class, thieving Pandoran scum!" Yes! I noticed this as well. Maybe it's just because we haven't seen Rhys really lose his temper

• edited March 2015

If you don't tell Vaughn about Jack, and then he makes the dick joke. But during the dick joke, Jack doesn't have hologram voice sound on his voice.

• If you choose the "Cling to Loader Bot." option while you're going to Old Haven first, Loader Bot will say, "I will never let go."

Loader Bot....

Alt text

• Awww.

Alt text

If you choose the "Cling to Loader Bot." option while you're going to Old Haven first, Loader Bot will say, "I will never let go." Loader Bot....

Sign in to comment in this discussion.