Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Tales From The Borderlands

Comments

• There is an unusual amount of similarities to The Wolf Among Us.

1. Crime boss: The Crooked Man ~ Vallory. Both are first mentioned in Episode 2, and than appear in Episode 3 (It be weird if Vallory somehow doesn't appear in Episode 3, so I'm assuming so). They also both have eye injuries.

2. Her Goons: August, Vasquez by extent, like the Tweedles.

3. Abnormally long waiting period between Episode 1 & 2

4. "Faith" and "Zer0 Sum" were both written by Pierre Shorette, and are quite long for TellTale episodes.

5. Dave Fennoy, Adam Harrington, Erin Yvette all voiced characters in both games. Fennoy was Bluebeard and Finch respectively, Harrington was Bigby, the Woodsman, and Kruger, and Erin voiced Sasha and Snow, both names begin with 'S' and are the 'main side' characters.

6. The game titles are different from the usual TellTale format, Tales From The Borderlands and The Wolf Among Us, not Borderlands: A TellTale Game Series or Fables: A TellTale Game Series

7. Both games' plots are the search for something (Vault, murder suspect)

And those are all I think of right now.

• Really? When? How? I know I was trying to but there was no option there.

DeityD posted: »

That moment when I realized I must be the only one idiot in the existence who didn't notice we can actually talk to Vaughn in Old Haven and not only to the girls. And it only took 8 times to notice the option. Like... goddamit.

• When you flip the switch to the first power box by Vaughn, he goes to check on Loader Bot. Follow him over there, and that's when you'll have the option to speak to him about a couple of topics.

Pipas posted: »

Really? When? How? I know I was trying to but there was no option there.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Despite being on Rhys' left before he pushes the button, Sasha somehow transports to Rhys' right side when the intro song begins.

• I was just watching that in fact and noticed that.

What bothers me more is that Rhys fell out of the caravan and Sasha didn't.

dojo32161 posted: »

Despite being on Rhys' left before he pushes the button, Sasha somehow transports to Rhys' right side when the intro song begins.

• What if Tales from the Borderlands is The Wolf Among Us Season 2 and we just didnt know it?

• When you use terms as ambiguous as that, you could probably draw comparisons between Borderlands and Barney.

• And which terms are 'ambiguous' to you exactly?

When you use terms as ambiguous as that, you could probably draw comparisons between Borderlands and Barney.

• My first war Rhys when facing bandits. "so you died? U sure u want to stick with that"

Then its Fiona while trying to close the door on August

Some parts are repetitive, wished they continue on with different dialogs... To see how many times ttg expects players to die. :D

Pipas posted: »

I guess nobody died? Just me? Well then. I died as Fiona during the race and when the game over screen popped up, the interrogator said t

• Sasha's is just a random Maliwan, it's shooting electric rounds and the color scheme is not even close to the hellfire.

PatZ911GT3 posted: »

also Felix got the Maggie(Legendary Jakobs Revolver from BL2) i think and Sashas Maliwan SMG could be the Hellfire (BL2)

• Not very important and people have probably already noticed this but the settings screen when you pause the game will change color based on what character you are playing at the time (blue for Rhys, red for Fiona)

• Waaaaaait wait wait wait. It turns in to a robot? How in the holy name of Handsome Jack have i not seen/noticed this in my two playthroughs? O_O

Lilacsbloom posted: »

When Rhys goes to touch the metal sphere thing him and Fiona produced from their wuv near the end of Episode 2, the thing makes a cute robot

• edited March 2015

I think it's seen in the 'next time' bit... not sure, I may be wrong.

Waaaaaait wait wait wait. It turns in to a robot? How in the holy name of Handsome Jack have i not seen/noticed this in my two playthroughs? O_O

• Yep, that's what I meant when I said it's new - it's definitely the Atlasio. I know they've pretty much been in life and death situations since Vaughn got it, but he's really got to set the thing up and try that calculator out!

I bet it's the Atlas watch from the end of Episode 1 that he held onto. I don't think he's using the watch to sell out Rhys.

• And you can bro out even more and thank him for being there for you etc!

Deadpoolian posted: »

When you flip the switch to the first power box by Vaughn, he goes to check on Loader Bot. Follow him over there, and that's when you'll have the option to speak to him about a couple of topics.

• ;_;

Well, time for another playthrough then.

And you can bro out even more and thank him for being there for you etc!

• Sasha probaby is more buff then rhys XD the dude can't even choke anyone with that noodle of an arm :D

I was just watching that in fact and noticed that. What bothers me more is that Rhys fell out of the caravan and Sasha didn't.

• But..balls deep?

SpaceGoat posted: »

That really makes me wonder just how extensive Rhys' cybernetics are. There's a line from Vaughn about how Rhys gets headaches and how it mi

• Funnily enough, Fiona's VA plays his girlfriend in that game.

LawmanZero posted: »

No, but my friend has, and is utterly in love with it.

• Rhyiona confirmed.

nursethalia posted: »

Funnily enough, Fiona's VA plays his girlfriend in that game.

• Apparently, Duke Nukem's catchphrase is "Hail to the king, baby!"

And I got an ad for the Handsome Collection on the wiki page I was on......

Alt text

• Duke will always be the king no matter what jack says.

Apparently, Duke Nukem's catchphrase is "Hail to the king, baby!" And I got an ad for the Handsome Collection on the wiki page I was on......

• And I got an ad for the Handsome Collection on the wiki page I was on......

Alt text

Apparently, Duke Nukem's catchphrase is "Hail to the king, baby!" And I got an ad for the Handsome Collection on the wiki page I was on......

• stirpicusstirpicus Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2015

Pfffft. Duke? That putz's got nothing on the REAL King. ;)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or3okI_mad8

• Stirpicus, i think we are going to need you to sit down while we teach you about the true king Duke. You must be enlightend about our king Duke if you wish to live your days in peace.

stirpicus posted: »

Pfffft. Duke? That putz's got nothing on the REAL King. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or3okI_mad8

• Yup. Duke stole all his lines from Ash and Rowdy Roddy Piper.

stirpicus posted: »

Pfffft. Duke? That putz's got nothing on the REAL King. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or3okI_mad8

• AND there's also a lot of ship teasing between the characters they play in Virtue's Last Reward!

nursethalia posted: »

Funnily enough, Fiona's VA plays his girlfriend in that game.

Loaderbot seems to have been fixed by someone else, when he comes back he has pink drawings on both the arm and leg that was ripped off of him (even if he was blown up).

Alt text

• Holy crap, what if Escape Plan Bravo is Loader Bot telling his story of what he did while separated from the group?! That'd be amazing...

Loaderbot seems to have been fixed by someone else, when he comes back he has pink drawings on both the arm and leg that was ripped off of him (even if he was blown up).

• Actually on the cosplay guide it says:
    Rhys got his cyberware to help him get ahead in the data-mining department. It was paid for by his quarterly bonus, which he received for arranging a lucrative (though controversial) Eridium mining deal.

http://www.telltalegames.com/talesfromtheborderlands/cosplay/rhys if you want proof

Lilacsbloom posted: »

If you ask Hugo how he found Rhys and Vaughn before forcing the two to dig, Hugo will say: "You're Hyperion property, Rhys...Hyperion doe

• Apparently according to this audio post Rhys' company username is RHYS-IS-COOL-69

• Looks like something Tina would do, or maybe Gaige?

• When loader bot says War does not compute, what is it good for? I think thats a reference to S&M S1 E4 superballs musical number. But no one probably understood what I said because no one played S&M ;_;

• It's in a song, in real life, 'War'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=57&v=01-2pNCZiNk

When loader bot says War does not compute, what is it good for? I think thats a reference to S&M S1 E4 superballs musical number. But no one probably understood what I said because no one played S&M ;_;

• edited April 2015

Eh I'm still gonna think that it was a reference to the game. Because the words in bold are one of the main lyrics in the song. And why would they make a reference to a random song instead of their game?

It's in a song, in real life, 'War'. https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=57&v=01-2pNCZiNk

• I think its suppose to be that he was drawn on and um, abused after he was exploded.

Could be, but why leave the rest of him intact? And if he blew up, who put him back together since it's definitely the same body.

Poogers555 posted: »

I think its suppose to be that he was drawn on and um, abused after he was exploded.

• This song isn't just a random song, the line from that song has been quoted many times over in many different mediums. One could even argue it was the inspiration of the song from the S&M series.

Eh I'm still gonna think that it was a reference to the game. Because the words in bold are one of the main lyrics in the song. And why would they make a reference to a random song instead of their game?

• A collaboration between the two (Tina wants to think she helped, but all she did was draw the skulls on).

Looks like something Tina would do, or maybe Gaige?

• It's probably already been mentioned, but the gun that the kidnapper is holding is a legendary shotgun called the Conference Call that can only be obtained by the Warrior (or the Handsome Sorcerer in Tiny Tina's DLC), which is to me is a 100% proof that that the kidnapper is Zer0 or one of the other BL2 Vault Hunters. No ordinary bandit is going to get their hands on that kind of gun.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.