Game Of Thrones Season 5 episode 9 Discussion/Season finale predictions

Comments

• As much as its unrealistic if all the good guys win and ride off into the sunset and all that, i find it unrealistic that theres so much lack of justice... I mean you had to kill the most kind hearted, sweet character in this fucking series in a such a brutal way... Fuck you writers...

That Daenerys scene was pretty dope tho...

• "If you want justice, you have come to the wrong place.- Tyrion

The World of Ice and Fire is a world that lacks justice. It is only filled with cruelty, survival and war.

As much as its unrealistic if all the good guys win and ride off into the sunset and all that, i find it unrealistic that theres so much lac

• Lol Thx for tryin to save me everyone byeeeeeee!

• It will be great if all of Stannis' men die anyway. Even after sacrificing his daughter they all just drop dead.

• Well a dragon appearing from the sky to save the hero and kill "the bad guys" (who killed ser Barristan earlier) seems like some kind of justice :D

As much as its unrealistic if all the good guys win and ride off into the sunset and all that, i find it unrealistic that theres so much lac

• well maybe im the problem, im very disapointed with theon he in my prespective deserves all he is geting and moore. HE saw ramsay rape sansa and did nothing. He could help her escape and them he told ramsay. His sister tryed to help him. sansa tried to help him. he deserves nothing.

KCohere posted: »

Why not? He needs saving. At least he is remourceful. If Sansa forgives him, he deserves a second chance.

• but I suspect that the scene won't happen

I think so too. The highlights will be Cersei's storyline and probably something in or around Winterfell. It will also be more comfortable for the filming and marketing and all if Jon stays alive inbetween seasons. Putting a gigantomaniac cliffhanger in the final episode isn't very smart.

• Hail to the Mannis

Alt text

Remember what show you're watching. Nothing is ever black and white in GoT, and you'll get no happy endings from this series. You all should

• edited June 2015

I admire Stannis more than ever.

He is burdened by the knowledge Westeros must be unified at all cost in time to face the Great Winter and the White Walkers deadly threat. Against all odds, with unbreakable will, he has decided to lead mankind in the only real war, the great war for its survival.

He loved his daughter more than everything. But he knows his colossal responsibility, to save the world from extinction, and will fulfill it by all means necessary. Even if it means the sacrifice of everyone he loves so dear, even his most beloved daughter, his treasure... For fuck's sake everyone should feel sorry for him and admire his neverending abnegation.

I was crushed to see him watching his daughter burn until he couldn't stare anymore, overwhelmed by pain, horror, confusion and shame. Some part of him is broken and will never recover. I feel sorry, but after all that will make him only the more hard and unshakable.

Light must prevail over darkness, over the terrifying, eternal night that threatens Westeros. And Stannis is hope. He's perhaps not the King Westeros deserves, but the one it needs right now.

• edited June 2015

Alt text

Remember what show you're watching. Nothing is ever black and white in GoT, and you'll get no happy endings from this series. You all should have known this was going to happen from the start.

Sometimes the lesser evil must be committed for the greater good, and for this reason, I remain loyal to the Mannis and his vision. This link sums up my thoughts perfectly:

http://imgur.com/a/IgS6p

Stannis haters and two-faced traitors,

You are all posers and weren't true supporters from the start. We never needed you, still don't, and I'm happy to have fewer* of you.

Alt text

Consider yourself schooled in Mannis 101.

Alt text

• edited June 2015

That little girl who played Shireen is a very good actress..throughout that whole scene where she was being brought to the stake, and then she realizes what her father has planned to do to her, leading to her screaming, crying, and begging to see him, for him not to do this, and then for Stannis not to even visibly react, only able to stare until he can't bear to anymore...that disturbed me right down to my bones. She wanted to help her father however she could, because she loves him..but not like this. I mean, I had a feeling it was going to happen, but it was like watching the Red Wedding for me all over again. You don't know how truly horrific it is until you see and hear it happen. The sound of her scream is still ingrained in my mind. I won't lie, I had a lot of difficulty sleeping last night, I had to keep reminding myself that the little girl is okay and that she was just acting.

Alt text

Rest in peace, Princess Shireen. She was such a kindhearted child, probably the most innocent and pure character in the whole GOT/ASOIAF universe. I really, really hope this doesn't happen to her in the books.

I still think out of all the contenders vying for the Iron Throne that Stannis is the best choice, and I'm still rooting for him, but that deranged red headed witch bitch has got to go. I hate that Stannis gave the okay to do that to Shireen, but I know he is basically the puppet, and that Melisandre is just pulling the strings. (At least in the tv show he is. I have a hard time believing he'd knowingly allow her to do this to Shireen in the books.) Like holy shit, both her and Ramsay need to die horrible deaths. Melisandre definitely needs to die while being burned alive, get a taste of her own psychotic medicine.

I both dread and anticipate Davos' return..to find out what has happened to the sweet, gentle little girl who taught him to read, and then to learn that Stannis had allowed it to happen..I don't even want to think about how he will react, or how I will react for that matter.

On a lighter note, Dany fulfilling the prophecy of riding a dragon was pretty awesome. I'm not the biggest Dany fan, but I'm glad her giant dragon child came to her aid, and I'm also happy that she finally forgave Lord Friendzone lol. The poor lad has been in misery for nearly 2 seasons now.XD

• edited June 2015

It's confirmed that it will happen to her in the books. Stannis won't be present for it, though.

1:34

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfLScJVXBHQ

Tinni posted: »

That little girl who played Shireen is a very good actress..throughout that whole scene where she was being brought to the stake, and then s

• I hope so. I like to think of this as a D and D fuck up rather than something I don't like about ASOIAF

It's confirmed that it will happen to her in the books. Stannis won't be present for it, though. 1:34 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfLScJVXBHQ

• edited June 2015

Aw man, this sucks :(. Of course there will be no happy endings in this series, and horrible things must be done, and sacrifices must be made for the greater good, but just damn. I really didn't think Stannis would let this happen to his daughter. At least he won't be present for it in the books, hopefully it won't seem so ooc when George R. R. Martin writes it. I'm guessing that Melisandre is going to do it without Stannis' knowledge or approval.

It's confirmed that it will happen to her in the books. Stannis won't be present for it, though. 1:34 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfLScJVXBHQ

• Apparently Stannis didn't have that response.

But the mother always did seem insane, I hope she snaps and kills Melisandre or Stannis. I have a feeling she will.

D&D had a good response to that. When you hear your child screaming for you, everything else flies out the window.

• I have a feeling Arya is going to end up killing Melisandre. When she took Gendry from the brotherhood the told Arya they would meet again.

Tinni posted: »

That little girl who played Shireen is a very good actress..throughout that whole scene where she was being brought to the stake, and then s

• edited June 2015

I sure hope so, as long as she dies, I'll be happy. Burned at the stake is definitely the ideal death sentence for that horrid woman though. I almost forgot about Gendry, we haven't heard from him or seen him in ages lol.

I have a feeling Arya is going to end up killing Melisandre. When she took Gendry from the brotherhood the told Arya they would meet again.

• Basically with Stannis

Alt text

• I love Jon, but I hope the "FOR THE WATCH" scene happens, it would be interesting to see, and also everyone's reactions will be AMAZING.

• edited June 2015

The only thing I truly disagree about the ending is "Brienne kills Stannis and rescues Sansa and Theon" because the North is fucking massive so even if Brienne does beat Stannis' forces he can escape and regroup and Brienne only has a squire while Stannis has a mercenary army.

• What a way to kill all the excitement for the fight between the Boltons and Stannis. I don't care who wins now, as long as Brienne and Sansa are alive at the end of it.

• Wait! When Jorah took Dany's hand was he wearing a glove or not?

• He's brainwashed. He is not going to act rationally until he's broken of the hold Ramsay has on him.

jackymasdar posted: »

well maybe im the problem, im very disapointed with theon he in my prespective deserves all he is geting and moore. HE saw ramsay rape sansa

• So he thinks. We have no proof that burning Shireen will benefit them in any way.

Cope49 posted: »

Wow....some fans... They would have all died if Stannis haven't done what he needed to do.

• You admire him for submitting his child to one of the worst deaths there is. Okay.

I admire Stannis more than ever. He is burdened by the knowledge Westeros must be unified at all cost in time to face the Great Winter an

• How can anyone blame Davos for not taking Shireen with him? Her father said no and he's the king. There was nothing Davos could do short of kidnapping her and probably getting captured before he got ten feet. I feel he was worried for her but never dreamed Stannis would do what he did.

FishySticks posted: »

I see some people blaming Davos for not insisting to take Shireen, but I don't think he REALLY thought Stannis would stoop so low as to kill

• Murder is a well defined action. It really doesn't matter how we feel about it.

I guess its a matter of perception. He and i feel he murdered his brother and you dont.

• I think Bron is going to kill Myrcella for the sand snakes and in a twist from the books during Cercei's walk of shame an unknown person hired by Varys shoots a crossbow bolt into her heart killing her.

• He definitely murdered his brother. Now he's murdered his daughter too. i don't give a shit if you have good intentions or the best fucking reasons in the world to do it - Murder is Murder!

Stannis made an arrangement in good faith with his brother to face each other on the field of battle. Not only did he reneg on this oath, because he knew he could not win - he used sorcery to commit the fratricide because he was too much of a coward to do his kinslaying himself.

I always knew Stannis was a fucking lunatic.

BipedalP posted: »

He didn't murder his brother he killed his brother in war. There's a difference. Renly betrayed Stannis. Stannis had every right to kill a traitor. Killing his own daughter, however, is unforgivable.

• Nah, i want Brienne to fufill her oath to kill him for what he did to Renley.

But as long as Someone kills him, i guess i can deal :)

PigeonPie posted: »

He won't, not if I have my way. If I do, he'll be flayed by Ramsay Snow along with his army for not stepping in or stopping them. But we could never be so lucky. With our luck he'll win the Iron Throne.

• Cope49Cope49 Banned
    edited June 2015

Watch the trailer
    I believe she made good on her promise to him..

https://youtu.be/1EWFpo37qAU

So he thinks. We have no proof that burning Shireen will benefit them in any way.

• Yes, I cant wait to see how she spins this to make it look like she was right.

Cope49 posted: »

Watch the trailer I believe she made good on her promise to him.. https://youtu.be/1EWFpo37qAU

• edited June 2015

Lol, no.

He grabbed her with his right hand, though. I'm pretty sure the infected arm is the left.

Wait! When Jorah took Dany's hand was he wearing a glove or not?

• I don't think Cersei will die before Tommen does, sadly...

richforce posted: »

I think Bron is going to kill Myrcella for the sand snakes and in a twist from the books during Cercei's walk of shame an unknown person hired by Varys shoots a crossbow bolt into her heart killing her.

• lol I was afraid about that too, but it seems that a lot of people would have liked it if she did get infected.

Lol, no. He grabbed her with his right hand, though. I'm pretty sure the infected arm is the left.

• edited June 2015

I suspect she may be sacrificed in the books but without Stannis' knowledge or consent. Which is still unfortunate. I would've much preferred her outliving Stannis and therefore becoming the last legitimate claimant to the throne, despite not really being interested in ruling. Then when Daenerys arrives, Shireen recognises her as the last of a dynasty of true royalty from her history books and a chance for peace, and happily resigns her claim in support of Daenerys, thus giving back what the Baratheons took from the Targaryens 20 years ago.

I see what you mean but im not discounting Shireen being sacrificed in the books until I read them...what, ten years from now? Lol

• It would seem sadly poetic if she outlived her children.

I don't think Cersei will die before Tommen does, sadly...

• She will, didn't that witch in the flashback pretty much say that? It only seems right I suppose.

JazzyTheMan posted: »

It would seem sadly poetic if she outlived her children.

• I have a feeling Cersei is meant to suffer. Everyone in her family will die as if they are infected by the plague. I honestly like Myrcella and Tommen because they aren't monsters like Joffrey.... yet. That being said I just don't think they are going to be alive before Cersei dies.
    It will probably end up that Myrcella gets assassinated and Tommen kills himself out of grief and sorrow.

JazzyTheMan posted: »

It would seem sadly poetic if she outlived her children.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.