Stannis is still the Mannis

Comments

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited June 2015

Cool, I already love this guy's channel :D

Thank you for showing me this ^-^

Here's an interesting watch for you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Crn_eg-1ekU

• Fair enough. He came to asist the Nights Watch because Davos convinced him to, but from this point forward i dont see him personsly fighting the Night's King,

If Stannis actually does anything to help the Battle against the White Walkers, Ill be surprised. Except he already did. Have you al

• edited June 2015

And what would Shireen's fate have been if Stannis didn't? Captured by Ramsay and tortured? Freezing to death? Starving to death? Those all sound like much better alternatives, right?

Those obviously were not the only alternatives. She could have been sent back to Castle Black as Davos had suggested. She didn't have to stay put with Stannis and the rest of the army. In any case, the whole idea of "she may not have made it anyway, so burning her alive is no big deal" isn't very fair justification.

You, like many others, are failing to see the big picture

I'm not failing to see the big picture at all. If you're going to be so black and white so as to justify absolutely whatever it takes to ensure the easiest road to victory, then so be it. I don't find any real justification in that line of thought, as I more or less eluded to in my original comment.

And what would Shireen's fate have been if Stannis didn't? Captured by Ramsay and tortured? Freezing to death? Starving to death? Those all

• This. Plus Stannis doesn't even have a guarantee this works. He's too gullible when it comes to Melisandre's "powers". The shadow baby made an impression on him, okay, but the whole "I can see it in the flames"-thing doesn't really work consistently, neither the ursurpator killing. And why didn't she foresee Ramsay's sabotage, hmmm?

Belan posted: »

And what would Shireen's fate have been if Stannis didn't? Captured by Ramsay and tortured? Freezing to death? Starving to death? Those all

• Stannis the Mannis

It's the real man, we acknowledge him as the One True King, we bow to his will and show respect also his destiny it's greater than many of us.

• His destiny to be slain by the maid of Tarth, Brienne the beauty next episode and ending the Baratheon line!

Stannis the Mannis It's the real man, we acknowledge him as the One True King, we bow to his will and show respect also his destiny it's greater than many of us.

• If Brienne kills another of my favourite characters...

Alt text

Cleganebowl confirmed though

tmsmyth4 posted: »

His destiny to be slain by the maid of Tarth, Brienne the beauty next episode and ending the Baratheon line!

• Alt text

If that happens, I'm done. But it won't, because Brienne will never be able to get close to him or fight him in single combat.

I think the opposite is more likely.

His destiny to be slain by the maid of Tarth, Brienne the beauty next episode and ending the Baratheon line!

• edited June 2015

I think he was right to believe that Melisande's prediction was correct, considering I don't think she would do such a thing to Stannis without knowing whether it would work or not. That would be pretty risky on her part. Melisandre's assurances aside, it still wasn't the right thing to do.

I actually wonder what sort of impact this horrible thing would realistically have on his army. I don't think it's out of the question that some would think of desertion.

rousseau posted: »

This. Plus Stannis doesn't even have a guarantee this works. He's too gullible when it comes to Melisandre's "powers". The shadow baby made

• If he die, he will go to hell and become....

Stannis the Satannis!

• Alt text

ahh I just wanted to post this :p

Grafite posted: »

Stannis is a horrible man who burned his daughter alive just to be the king. Is he going to be the best king Westeros has ever seen? Not by

• I'm hoping Davos at least gets to throw a punch, if not kill Stannis himself.

• You're most right with all, burning his only child alive didn't accomplish nothing more then a plot, the scenes was disturbing and unnecessary, I really rot to his daughter Shireen and I can't pass from this point.

One thing I don't understand is, why is everybody saying that his sacrifice of Shireen was necessary? Necessary for what? I could understand

• Cleganebowl must happen. RR pls.

If Brienne kills another of my favourite characters... Cleganebowl confirmed though

• It makes a bit of sense for Sandor to be The Faith's champion and Ser Robert Strong (FrankenGregor) to be Cersei's champion in the books but I have no idea how they'd do it in the show

AWESOMEO posted: »

Cleganebowl must happen. RR pls.

• Yeah especially with Mel around to warn him. If she could just fuck off back to the wall, Brienne only needs an audience with him and Oathkeeper will cut through the lot of them like carving a cake! I think she'll kill Stannis eventually and maybe go down with him

If that happens, I'm done. But it won't, because Brienne will never be able to get close to him or fight him in single combat. I think the opposite is more likely.

• Oh I don't know. Making an offering to her god without knowing whether it will work - just to be on the safe side - does sound like something she would not shy away from. She'll make it appear like every further day Stannis survives will be a result from the offering.

Belan posted: »

I think he was right to believe that Melisande's prediction was correct, considering I don't think she would do such a thing to Stannis with

• 'Priest' is being cast to season 6 and his description heavily hints to Meribald or Elder Brother (probably a merge), the role is also said to be a significant one. So, get hype?

It makes a bit of sense for Sandor to be The Faith's champion and Ser Robert Strong (FrankenGregor) to be Cersei's champion in the books but I have no idea how they'd do it in the show

• If Brienne kills another of my favourite characters... Cleganebowl confirmed though

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited June 2015

He would probably be representing The Faith, since the Gravedigger Theory is probably true and he'd feel obligated to go from the Quiet Isle to represent them against his brother.

The problem with this theory though, is that he might have given up on that life, and won't want to fight anymore. Also, there's the risk of him losing and then immediately executed by Cersei for abandoning his king.

EDIT: Now that I think about it this is really stupid, since he'll be dead if he loses, excuse me.

It makes a bit of sense for Sandor to be The Faith's champion and Ser Robert Strong (FrankenGregor) to be Cersei's champion in the books but I have no idea how they'd do it in the show

• edited June 2015

I'll be fully hyped when the Kingsmoot happens... But Cleganebowl is a good start

'Priest' is being cast to season 6 and his description heavily hints to Meribald or Elder Brother (probably a merge), the role is also said to be a significant one. So, get hype?

• LMFAO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psS2IMFkxKo

• Gravedigger is real!

LMFAO

• Alt text

Stannis is one thing, but have you ever seen a giant Ser Alliser?

• Fuck it I have a New King :
    Alt text

• Yes, just like she makes it seem like Robb and Joffrey's deaths were her doing when we know how those came about.

rousseau posted: »

Oh I don't know. Making an offering to her god without knowing whether it will work - just to be on the safe side - does sound like somethin

• I'm sorry, but Feast of Crows was easily the weakest book for me. A Dance of Dragons I thought was actually pretty great, but Feast was so agonizingly slow. So many plotlines were clearly never going anywhere, Brienne was pointless in the book for a good amount, and then it just ends. Hell I say the Cersei chapters were the best parts, and I hate saying that because I fucking hate Cersei, those were the only parts where the plot advanced. Sansa's chapters were easily the worst bit, they went nowhere for a good amount of time, and just when it starts to head in an interesting direction, done! I for one actually really didn't care for Dorne all that much, hell they are barely in Feast, just a handful of chapters. I never liked Dany's plot past the first book/season, so I hardly feel its the showrunners fault on that. Hell, the best episode of the season was something that wasn't even in the books, that should say something. I admit the series doesn't always make changes for the better, but I think people are a tad bit to hard on these two individuals.

I believe it was a joke. It was childish of them to spoil future books by confirming it was Georges idea. Its normal for fans to complain, t

• Okay, here's a thought. If Stannis loses and dies, then how will Davos finding out be relevant in the slightest if he lost? There is nobody left to seek retribution, they will all be dead. So either Stannis wins, and whatever Davos reaction is will probably matter, or they all die and his reaction is utterly pointless. Perhaps that means Stannis wins? Okay i'm just clutching straws, but still, maybe.

• I also don't think that he's Azor Ahai.

I know, it was a stupid sacrifice (because he's not the chosen of R'hllor).

• edited June 2015

Okay, I have a question. How do you think Davos will react when he finds out that Stannis burned Shireen?

• Alt text

Alt text

Okay, I have a question. How do you think Davos will react when he finds out that Stannis burned Shireen?

• edited June 2015

Stannis will get revenge for Shireen?

Dunno how, he killed her.

Now THIS is the fight that its worth 90 dollars! It doesn't matter what you think of Stannis for the moment, we all need to pray that he wi

• Yeah the choices aren't that good are they?

I'm siding with Tyrion (which unfortunately means Dany), sure he won't get the throne but if he could he'd be my pick.

I really hope Dany starts listening to her advisors but that probably won't happen

I think I'm still on Stannis' side, but only because of lack of other options. Dany - Hell no. I'm sorry, but she just isn't the brightes

• That would be great, I think he'd deserve it too. Not just for Shireen but for being gullible as well.

KCohere posted: »

I hope Stannis dies with the kingdom just out if his grasp.

• Ugh but with Ramsay dead where do we get another psycho? We lost Joffers. Don't get me wrong I want him dead, but he's my favourite villain, and a bloody good one.

I agree, FUCK HIM UP! I don't care who does it! JUST DO IT!

• I should reconsider my position, the white walker are the best bet. Plus they have best claim to the throne they've been around longer then any of hose families.

Gary-Oak posted: »

Honestly, I'm rooting for the White Walkers now.

• Can anyone explain to me why they had to burn Shireen anyway. The leaches with Gendry's blood killed Joffer's. Is that not the same logic they could have used here.

If some bastard blood can kill a king surely they could have told Shireen that they needed blood and just cut her hand. Her's is worth more then Gendry's right? Surely that would have helped hem.

Hell, with this logic Stannis could have just cut his hand and killed all his enemies.

I do agree I hate him win a burning passion now, and I want that witch burnt at the stake, and hear her screams.

My opinion might be very unpopular in here, but I deeply despise Stannis for what he have done. This decision was absolutely unneccessary, u

• ALL HEIL THE ONE TRUE KING

alikir34 posted: »

Fuck it I have a New King :

• I'm starting to worry maybe he won't do anything at all but be upset, but I reckon he will kill the witch. Maybe not now, but eventually.

HeartOfGold posted: »

I'm hoping Davos at least gets to throw a punch, if not kill Stannis himself.

• WHITEWALKERSFORTHEIRONTHRONE

PigeonPie posted: »

I should reconsider my position, the white walker are the best bet. Plus they have best claim to the throne they've been around longer then any of hose families.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.