Game of Thrones Season 2 Announced (Future news will be found at the new Pre-Season news thread)

Comments

• As of now, yes. You have to play on the same system to carry over saves. But maybe Telltale will do some sort of cloud save in the future, at least I hope so.

Season 2: Great! :-) What about save porting? Will I have to play it on PS3 to continue my story? I only turn PS3 on just for GOT game and TWD.... :-(

• Not as much as wait of wd3..which is still goin on

Suzy222 posted: »

Yay! I'm so excited to see what they do with season 2! I hope the wait wont be too long... :P

• Well I am just shocked. No one could have seen this coming....

• The war isn't all. There are a lot more waiting to do. :)

Kateis posted: »

I'm so glad Season 2 is confirmed. Also, guys, we have another waiting thread, already! I am glad to be waiting again with you guys, it's gonna be a long one.

• Late 2016 is my guess.

Suzy222 posted: »

Yay! I'm so excited to see what they do with season 2! I hope the wait wont be too long... :P

• Awfully surprising news to wake up to, although it does make sense in retrospect given some of the loose ends from Season 1. Even so, I'd have preferred more resolution in the Season Finale but at least we'll be getting answers anyways.

• Their weakest game that I have played it is The Walking Dead Season 2. I know that a lot of people loved the game and I do like it. But at least in Game of Thrones, I cared about my family and friends more than I ever did with the Cabin Group in TWD Season 2. At least there was a stronger focus on the story.

Omid's cat posted: »

Sad. So many interesting projects to pick and they'll be wasting more time and energy for their weakest game.

• Season 2 Confirmed!

enter image description here

• Never played JP. My adventure with TTG has started with TWD s1. Minecraft is still in production, waits for final verdict. If you'd consider it as simple game for simple folks it's fine.

Over Minecraft? Jurassic Park? They get worse, a lot worse.

• I like how P.C your answer is... It's like somewhere deep down we feel the same about the ending.

After that season "finale", there was no way this was a one season thing.
    I wasn't expecting them to announce season two until at least next year. (They coulda announced it on the first day of winter... Would've been hilarious).

Awfully surprising news to wake up to, although it does make sense in retrospect given some of the loose ends from Season 1. Even so, I'd have preferred more resolution in the Season Finale but at least we'll be getting answers anyways.

• I think they had to announce that there was a season 2 asap, no matter how far off it is. I mean if you're gonna end the game with the cliffhangers GoT did, the fans have to know it won't be treated like TWAU.

But watch out GoT season two writing staff (hopefully they get some new peeps in there to solidify a storyline, like they clean house).

Bacon from Pig

• I think we should all go back and play The Walking Dead Season 2, replay Game of Thrones S1 and then make a verdict again...

Because I think TWD S2 ended up being better then GoT Season 1

Their weakest game that I have played it is The Walking Dead Season 2. I know that a lot of people loved the game and I do like it. But at l

• 2017 probably. They still need to do the michonne series and release TWD s3 and I think they'll have their hands full until next year.

Echopapa posted: »

Going to be waiting a hell of a long time I reckon. Any estimates on when Season 2 will be out?

• Nope. First two episodes of GoT were ok but later it became a parade of absurdity. I don't like s2 of TWD. No. But it had Clementine and characters (at least) a little interesting. I didn't care at all about Ethan, Rodrik, Asher, Mira. Gared's life mission was a joke. Too many protagonists. Ugly graphics. So many things that makes NO SENSE, I could write a book. TTG Got is worse than TWD s2.

Their weakest game that I have played it is The Walking Dead Season 2. I know that a lot of people loved the game and I do like it. But at l

• They need to start working now if they want to save the plot...

AdamRoberts posted: »

Thread: SEASON 2 IN DEVELOPMENT! http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/game-thrones-telltale-season-2-842311 TTG JUST POSTED ON FB! THE NEXT SEASON IS CURRENTLY IN DEVELOPMENT! WOW! what are your thoughts?

• It's my right to spread pessimism. Btw, it wasn't waiting thread for second season when I was posting, so cool your jets.

So edgy. How about you take your pessimism somewhere, where it is appriciated. You know, cause why are you here? Because the fans of this ga

• Well it's doing all that great for now, for the moment its rather low on the list. JP is usually considered one of the worst TTG games, they improved heavily for TWD. And you can go farther back, if I remember, there was a Law and Order game that was heavily panned.

Never played JP. My adventure with TTG has started with TWD s1. Minecraft is still in production, waits for final verdict. If you'd consider it as simple game for simple folks it's fine.

• Awesome news. Hopefully they'll be more prepared this time. I'd be happy to have Beskha or Ryon as a POV character. (Please no POV for Talia, though. She's better off being a support character.) And I HOPE they don't take the typical route and kill off all determinate characters in the first five minutes. I'd expect it, but it'd still make me sad/disappointed.

Also, can we has moar GarJon moments maybe? =B

• Also, can we has moar GarJon moments maybe?

After what Jon said about Gared at the end, GarJon is a ship that is well and truly dead to me.

Awesome news. Hopefully they'll be more prepared this time. I'd be happy to have Beskha or Ryon as a POV character. (Please no POV for Talia

• Actually...your comment was from 7:13 am. But the last time this thread was edited was 6:23 am so yeah it really was the waiting thread.

It's my right to spread pessimism

• So.. you aren't denying you're spreading pessimism? For what reason? Actually, nevermind. GOT season 2 is on the way and you can't bloody stop it.

Just let it go...

It's my right to spread pessimism. Btw, it wasn't waiting thread for second season when I was posting, so cool your jets.

• edited November 2015

Sorry to hear that, but I do understand how you feel. Part of me couldn't help but feel that was TTG doing some sort of damage control. (Since Jon was making it sound like I went the intentional route of killing Britt instead of self-defense. Forcing our hand, basically.) Could also be Jon was caught in a state and said some harsh words he didn't truly mean. There's also one thing my friend is going to experiment with in her playthrough to see if he says all the same things or not. (She made a few choices differently than me in regards to Jon, so... we'll see.)

Kateis posted: »

Also, can we has moar GarJon moments maybe? After what Jon said about Gared at the end, GarJon is a ship that is well and truly dead to me.

• FUCK YES OML

• edited November 2015

Am I the only one dissapointed that the Forresters weren't a sub-house or supporter of the Ironborn/Greyjoys?

I mean, the whole story is based on their similarities and connections to the Starks... BUT JUST IMAGINE THIS!

But just think about it, at the end of episode 6 when Rodrik passes out, he doesn't wake up to Duncan/Royland and Talia but he wakes up to a Reek-type character picking him up.

Rodrik/Asher: Seven hells, i thought I was dead

Reek: What's dead may never die

• I though of shipping GarJon but yes after what he said in the last bit the ship was sunk. Now i ship Elsera and Gared. #new boat

• This is really nice. Great games coming from Telltale. I need that Telltale drug :)

• I think it'll be the game alongside twd s3 since i thing the short michonne dlc will be pairing up wid minecraft.

AdamRoberts posted: »

Not as much as wait of wd3..which is still goin on

• Game of thrones. and borderlands are prob my all time favorite from telltale!!! "Catch a riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide!" "iorn from ice"

Wolfenus54 posted: »

Wait, so it's confirmed Yay, I'm so happy right now ^-^ And now, I'll be waiting for a season 2 of Tales to be confirmed... soon ;-;

• Awwwww yisssss

• either Beshka.. or a POV of whithills.. like gywn? or what about Rodriks Wife? i forget her name..

I agree. Every POV characters in Season 1 is connected to the Forresters. And I think it is time to have some new POV characters that isn't a family member in order to have a different perspective.

• yeah seriously bro.. there is far weaker games... they have done.. they had that poker one or what ever it was called.. i mean Game of thrones is not perfect and not the best by far.. but it's not a bad game either.. just because you don't like it.. does not mean you have to come on this thread and tear everyone down about it.. what if we did the same to one of your games that you where excited for? come on man. not cool.

It's my right to spread pessimism. Btw, it wasn't waiting thread for second season when I was posting, so cool your jets.

• haters will hate. it's just like that.. but seriously.. don't hate on a thread that is happy about the game.. it's not cool man. i like both games honestly equally. both great stories and both fun to play.

Nope. First two episodes of GoT were ok but later it became a parade of absurdity. I don't like s2 of TWD. No. But it had Clementine and cha

• Yeah baby Season 2!!!!!! I'm so excited :)

Green613 posted: »

FUCK YES OML

• That's pretty cool.

• Cool. Please let me talk to Stannis. Make a survivor of the Battle of Ironrath join Stannis.

• OK... so I just got round to playing the final episode.

Currently unsure if I'll ever recover from it.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited November 2015

I was reading the interview with Kevin Bruner, and I thought this quote of his would be good for calming down people who were worried about the number of announced projects Telltale has.

"Telltale's approach to game development is much more like television than most other game developers. Across all of our series — The Walking Dead, Minecraft: Story Mode and more — the development process at Telltale spends a significant amount of time upfront in the writer's rooms not just with writers, but designers, directors and creative input from all across the studio. It's not unusual for our games to exist longer on whiteboards and sticky notes and in scripts than they do in traditional game production. It's incredibly similar to how TV often spends so much time in preproduction and planning before moving into actually shooting."

• :D I started shipping Elsera and Gared like five minutes after she was introduced. I love that smile of hers whenever they talk.

I though of shipping GarJon but yes after what he said in the last bit the ship was sunk. Now i ship Elsera and Gared. #new boat

• RIP Mirgryn lol

Rest in pepperonis

• Could someone sticky this?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.