Movies of 2016

Comments

• I think it's your strong disliking towards her that's making you feel this way lol. Putting way too much thought into that bro.

Saltlick123 posted: »

Meh, what Lawrence said is nothing. They're supposed to be cracking jokes, and a joke about somebody on the phone or messing up something wr

• edited January 2016

Well, I decided I would just update this comment instead of making a new one lol- quick review.

13 Hours Review

enter image description here

From Director Micheal Bay, based off of the book, and starring John Krasinski, James Badge Dale, Max Martini, Toby Stephens, Dominic Fumusa, and more- 13 Hours is about the widely publicized 2012 Benghazi attacks in Benghazi, Lybia and a security team who tried to protect the Americans at the diplomatic compound and the CIA building but unfortunately 4 Americans were killed including U.S Ambassador Chris Stevens which is why there's been a ton of talk and argument about what happened, who was responsible, and if it could have been prevented. Coming from Micheal Bay, I was expecting some explosion-filled one-liner free for all but I'm glad to say that this was a lot more than that.

The Negatives (I like getting the bad out of the way usually)

• This was Micheal Bay, there were a shitload of explosions- it seemed like when normal guns were shot they suddenly transformed into Rocket Launchers by some character or whatever the bullets hit exploded in the background.

• Some of the characters look alike so in a few scenes you might forget who's in what situation

• This one's a positive and a negative to me: they didn't go into the political stuff because it didn't seem like they had the balls of possibly starting another Hillary Clinton shit-storm and she's not even mentioned in it BUT part of me feels like it's for the better and it allowed more focus on the men in the situation and the military aspect, I guess this is more of a talking point than a negative/positive.

The Positives

• The actors gave good performances

• Despite being from Micheal Bay- god damn, he surprisingly added and did a good job with a lot of emotional stuff in here and he nailed the whole "these guys have families" aspect and showed what it's like for soldiers and veterans.

• There was a lot of humor yet it was blended with the seriousness and action at the same time, not sure how to describe it but it was well done.

Overall: Micheal Bay delivers a surprisingly great war movie but haters are hating already and I ask myself- why are some of the best war movies received so mixed/negatively?

• You're probably right lol- but why does everyone like her? I still don't get that...

Still, if other celebrities did that than I doubt they would be getting as much of a free-pass

I think it's your strong disliking towards her that's making you feel this way lol. Putting way too much thought into that bro.

• but why does everyone like her?

That's up to their taste bro. I mean people say Hiddleston's awesome, while we'll both agree he's bland as shit. But I can see why people say they like him.

To put it simple, she was just obnoxious. That is it.

You're probably right lol- but why does everyone like her? I still don't get that... Still, if other celebrities did that than I doubt they would be getting as much of a free-pass

• edited January 2016

I can see why people like Hiddleston though but with J-Law, I just can't see why she's the "big thing"

I will admit, I am dragging this out lol- but I'm just trying to say she isn't the "good PERFECT girl" everyone seems to act like she is when in my opinion she's kinda a cunt.

Well....I'm dragging this out even more and I guess I should instead start writing my 13 Hours review somewhere

but why does everyone like her? That's up to their taste bro. I mean people say Hiddleston's awesome, while we'll both agree he's bl

• I heard 13 Hours was the first decent film Bay had directed. GG Bay GG.

I can see why people like Hiddleston though but with J-Law, I just can't see why she's the "big thing" I will admit, I am dragging this o

• It really was, shocking coming from Bay

I heard 13 Hours was the first decent film Bay had directed. GG Bay GG.

• edited January 2016

Not a 2016 movie. Far from it because it's a 90's movie. I saw GoodFellas again yesterday, and I will say it's still one of the best movies I've ever seen.

GoodFellas - A+

• gg Michael. gg.

Well, I decided I would just update this comment instead of making a new one lol- quick review. 13 Hours Review From Director Mich

• I thought it was a good trailer, but what I didn't like was that I think the tone they're going for in the trailer isn't what we'd expect from a movie like this. The trailer itself makes it look like a really fun movie, almost kind of like a Marvel film, but since it's DC, I'm expecting a darker, more serious tone for the actual movie. Now I haven't seen the movie, so maybe they're trying to make this one a little more fun compared to movies like The Dark Knight or Man of Steel, but considering previous DC movies, it's just not something you'd expect from them. Also, I just really don't like the Joker's appearance in this, I'm sure Leto will do a great job, but there is something so off putting about how he looks to me.

New trailer, thoughts? enter link description here

• I thought it was a good trailer, but what I didn't like was that I think the tone they're going for in the trailer isn't what we'd expect from a movie like this

I know what you're saying but I'm not too worried.

Also, I just really don't like the Joker's appearance in this, I'm sure Leto will do a great job, but there is something so off putting about how he looks to me.

Agreed, his appearance doesn't scream "Joker" to me, he kind of seems like some kind of drug dealer

I thought it was a good trailer, but what I didn't like was that I think the tone they're going for in the trailer isn't what we'd expect fr

• Anyone here a fan of Rooster Teeth? If so, do you plan on seeing their first feature film, Lazer Team?

• I hope its good, it looks good.

Sadly, I remember I thought Man of Steel looked really good, and welp.

Batman V Superman also looks good, but now Im skeptical.

• I didn't even know Will Smith was in it.

• Really? Since he was in the first teaser and basically was announced as the main character a while ago lol

I didn't even know Will Smith was in it.

• Oh wow haha. I wasn't paying any attention to it. :P

Really? Since he was in the first teaser and basically was announced as the main character a while ago lol

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I liked the trailer but i wasn't a fan of the song choice in it, in the comic con trailer they had the slower paced song which made the film seem more creepy and slightly darker but i felt using Bohemian Rhapsody made it feel less creepy and a bit more fun because the song seemed to fast and more upbeat.

I'm still looking forward to the movie but i hope the film itself is more darker then it seems in the trailer due to the song choice.

• Isn't this supposed to be a fun movie though? Mixed in with the serious aspect at least? I'm not an expert on all this comic book stuff as the rest are so I ask.

OzzyUK posted: »

I liked the trailer but i wasn't a fan of the song choice in it, in the comic con trailer they had the slower paced song which made the film

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I'm not sure, the comic con trailer had a slightly more serious and darker vibe to it which really interested me but this one seemed more fun and less dark. There will probably be a theatrical trailer closer to release so that might have a different feel to it.

Isn't this supposed to be a fun movie though? Mixed in with the serious aspect at least? I'm not an expert on all this comic book stuff as the rest are so I ask.

• Yeah, I'm not sure what the vibe will be but I'm hoping it will somehow be a mix: maybe kind of a dark comedyish thing.

OzzyUK posted: »

I liked the trailer but i wasn't a fan of the song choice in it, in the comic con trailer they had the slower paced song which made the film

• edited January 2016

Lauren Cohan (who plays Maggie in TWD) has been confirmed to be playing Martha Wayne and Jeffrey Dean Morgan(who will be playing Negan in TWD) is playing Thomas Wayne so this means the ZA ends somehow, Negan kills Glenn, Maggie has an abortion and falls for Negan, they hook up and have a kid, but then it turns out GLENN IS ALIVE so he shoots Maggie and Negan and runs away, then Maggie and Negan's kid turns out to be BATMAN AND HE GOES OUT AND BEATS THE SHIT OUT OF SUPERMAN because Superman is Glenn's favorite superhero- MIND BLOWN

http://comicbook.com/2016/01/22/the-walking-deads-lauren-cohan-confirmed-as-martha-wayne-in-batm/

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2016/01/lauren-cohan-to-play-bruce-waynes-mother-in-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice.html/

• edited January 2016

Anyone gonna see The BFG?

enter link description here

Its my favorite Roald Dahl book and I really wanna see it

• edited January 2016

Saw another movie in 2016. But just like before it's not from 2016, but instead the 1960's!

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly short review

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly is one of the best western ever made. Hell, it might even be the best. A badass trio, fucking epic score, beautiful shots (better than Sicario's boring desert), and an intense showdown. That's all you need to know. :P

Grade: A+

Oh yea, and the blue-ray version makes the film live up to modern standards.

• I just saw this movie earlier. Wasn't great, but can't say I really hated it either. There wasn't really a ton I necessarily hated about it other than the twist during the third act.

• Didn't expect anything out of it.

ralo229 posted: »

I just saw this movie earlier. Wasn't great, but can't say I really hated it either. There wasn't really a ton I necessarily hated about it other than the twist during the third act.

• Might see it because of Lauren Cohan, if it had some different TV actress then I wouldn't care.

I just saw this movie earlier. Wasn't great, but can't say I really hated it either. There wasn't really a ton I necessarily hated about it other than the twist during the third act.

• I'm hoping to see it, but I don't know if I'll be able to. There's two showings in my town, and one is nearly sold out (And on my girlfriend's birthday) and the other needs a set amount of reserved tickets to actually show. I might be able to make it. :\

Anyone here a fan of Rooster Teeth? If so, do you plan on seeing their first feature film, Lazer Team?

• It could've been a lot worse. Again, not really a good movie, but it was at the very least entertaining.

Didn't expect anything out of it.

• Bring your girlfriend to the showing? :) I jk jk man.

I'm hoping to see it, but I don't know if I'll be able to. There's two showings in my town, and one is nearly sold out (And on my girlfriend

• edited January 2016

I just got back from seeing the Forest. I'll actually do a quick review on this one.

Pros:

-Natalie Dormer's performance.

-Well shot most of the time

-Premise has potential.

-Has its suspenseful moments

Cons:

-Has lots of good ideas, but never really knows what to do with them.

-Underwhelmingly not scary

-Anti-Climax

-Takes the safe generic route and doesn't take many risks.

Final Verdict:

As a whole, The Forest is not as bad as I expected it to be. Honestly, it's more bland and forgettable than it is bad. I feel like if it thought outside the box more, it could've been a fantastic psychological horror flick. But as it is, it's just a generic horror film that plays it too safe.

Score:

5/10. (Mediocre)

• There's also generic hunky American man that helps Dormer along the way.

I just got back from seeing the Forest. I'll actually do a quick review on this one. Pros: -Natalie Dormer's performance. -Well

• True. True.

There's also generic hunky American man that helps Dormer along the way.

• Not actually certain it will be out in 2016, since the creator is also working on Thor: Ragnarok, but I am looking forward to the sequel to What We Do in the Shadows:
    enter link description here

• Assassin's Creed is getting a movie? Oh no.

• They've got a good actor tho. :P

I wanna see how Fassbender can do in a game role.

Assassin's Creed is getting a movie? Oh no.

• As someone who at least someone enjoys AC, I'm just really hoping this isn't a horrible adaption.

They've got a good actor tho. :P I wanna see how Fassbender can do in a game role.

• Turns out Kung Fu Panda 3 was an alright movie. So that makes the Kung Fu Panda series a pretty solid trilogy. :)

• edited March 2016

Woot. First movie review of the year! I've been watching Rooster Teeth all month in preparation for this movie.

Lazer Team review

Lazer Team is an independent film, and the first film created by the production company/Youtube channel, Rooster Teeth. Some of you may already know them from their web series, Red vs. Blue and RWBY. But you'll most likely know them for their insanely hilarious lets play videos made by the awesome guys at Achievement Hunter. I for one am a humongous fan of Rooster Teeth, and still regard them as my favorite channel on Youtube. Let's be honest here though, this isn't the kind of film that goes for Oscar nominations or anything like that. This is a film that Rooster Teeth wanted to make and have fun with. So why not try and have fun with them?

• For starters, the cast consists of a lot of charismatic people. It's great seeing Michael Jones and Gavin Free from Achievement Hunter on the big-screen. You have no idea how happy I was to see Michael in an official film. He's literally one of my favorite members of Achievemnt Hunter. Another great addition is Burnie Burns, the chief executive of the Rooster Teeth company, who is surprisingly a legit actor. If you've seen some of their RT Shorts, you can see that he can pull comedy off pretty well. Colton Dunn is also a great person, but I considered him the weak link within their team. I just couldn't dig his character. Super over-exaggerated with quips and jokes that didn't hit me. He had his moments, but not a lot to suffice.

• Some of the action sequences were surprisingly well done. Some. They were fast paced and entertaining.

• For those who frequently watch Rooster Teeth, there are some noticeable cameos made by the rest of the Rooster Teeth members. You'll also find a lot, and I mean A LOT of references to what Rooster Teeth has done in the past. I won't spoil it, but some of these were a great surprise.. Sad to say though, that's pretty much all that I liked from the film. Now to the negatives. :/

The Negatives

• Special Effects and CGI were just plain bad. Certain scenes you could obviously tell were green screen, and the alien animation was god awfully ugly. Those blue fucking aliens man. WHAT!? This is the main reason why I dislike Youtube movies to a big degree. I've seen better effects on Youtube ironically. Channels like FreddieW and RackaRacka can pull off awesome effects, not to mention practical ones. Mainly RackaRacka. I suppose I can't blame them entirely because they didn't have a considerable budget, and were mainly crowdfunded on Indiegogo. With Rooster Teeth however, I was expecting a bit more effort from them. It is their first movie, so I guess it's understandable.

• Strangely, there weren't many moments where I was laughing. Some of the comedy just didn't work for me because jokes either fell flat or were awkward. It's great seeing it in their videos, but on the big screen it doesn't have that same kick to it.

• Cliches. Cliche GALORE man. The story was pretty cliche, and Alan Ritchson's character was such a big ass cliche that it wasn't even funny. Well, there was a scene involving him that was pretty funny but that's it. It does seem like Rooster Teeth is aware of these and embraces them in certain scenes, but overall I just put my hand over my eyes and shook my head over how cringy some of them were.

• Other performances in the movie made me cringe. The daughter character was atrocious. It was embarrassing to see her on screen.

Overall: Lazer Team is a movie made for fans of Rooster Teeth. Despite being a hardcore fan of theirs however, I have to admit that it's not a very well made movie. Like I said, fans will enjoy it for sure, but that's who the primary target audience is. The fans, and that's what matters. Respect towards Rooster Teeth for making their first film, and hopefully they will get better as time goes on. If it comes out on DVD or Blu-Ray, I may buy it just because I love them. Guilty pleasure of mine I suppose. :P

Grade: C-

Sign in to comment in this discussion.