Movies of 2016

Comments

• Pretty much sums up the main idea of the movie. :)

Nice.

So I saw Hail, Caesar! yesterday with my family, and it was alright! The plot was a little hard to follow, but so was O' Brother, Where Art

• Guys I'm literally crying right now. This trailer was AMAZING

enter link description here

• Saw Deadpool, was an extremely fun film. If you're a fan of the character it's a must-see. And if you're not if you like crude humor I'd also say it's worth a watch.

• Hearing nice things all around. :)

CathalOHara posted: »

Saw Deadpool, was an extremely fun film. If you're a fan of the character it's a must-see. And if you're not if you like crude humor I'd also say it's worth a watch.

• Good to hear, I was planning on seeing it Saturday, looking forward to it.

Saw Deadpool, was an extremely fun film. If you're a fan of the character it's a must-see. And if you're not if you like crude humor I'd also say it's worth a watch.

• @ChuckTheLizard, I've just seen H8. Like Fury Road last year, I've thoughly enjoyed it. Next its Dad's Army on Sunday/ Monday, & Deadpool on Wednesday.

• Im not a fan of the character and I dont love crude humor but I want to see it anyway because the poster ads have been cracking me up. If its "extremely fun", thats enough for me.

• Nice nice nice man. I'm glad you enjoyed H8. I'm posting my review of Deadpool tomorrow on another website, so I'll provide a link for it soon.

BigMac2410 posted: »

@ChuckTheLizard, I've just seen H8. Like Fury Road last year, I've thoughly enjoyed it. Next its Dad's Army on Sunday/ Monday, & Deadpool on Wednesday.

• Well not gonna lie if you don't like the character or the crude humour you're likely not going to like it. It's a Deadpool movie through and through.

KCohere posted: »

Im not a fan of the character and I dont love crude humor but I want to see it anyway because the poster ads have been cracking me up. If its "extremely fun", thats enough for me.

• edited February 2016

Its not that I dont like the character, Im just unfamiliar with him as I dont read a lot of superhero comics. But its Ryan Reynolds. Im not big on fart humor and stuff like that, but Im oprn minded. Im sure I will like it.

Okay, just saw and my verdict is:

Loved it. It was a riot, and if I needed anymore reason to love Ryan Reynolds, this would put me over the top.

Well not gonna lie if you don't like the character or the crude humour you're likely not going to like it. It's a Deadpool movie through and through.

• It really is.

Tolispro posted: »

Guys I'm literally crying right now. This trailer was AMAZING enter link description here

• Deadpool is FUCKING AWESOME! Definitely one of the funniest movies I have ever seen, if you're thinking about seeing it, definitely go, you will not be disappointed.

• Glad to hear you liked it!

Deadpool is FUCKING AWESOME! Definitely one of the funniest movies I have ever seen, if you're thinking about seeing it, definitely go, you will not be disappointed.

• Agreed! A very faithful adaptation. I'm so freaking happy. :D
    Even though it had a much lower budget than most superhero movies and even a shorter run time, it was still an absolute blast. I can't wait for the sequel! I have no doubt that it'll be even better. Especially since a certain time-traveling buddy of Wade will be in it.

And not only is the movie getting very positive reviews, but it's also on it's way to a projected 130 million opening for the four day weekend. This means it'll be the first ever R rated movie to open with over 100 million!

Deadpool is FUCKING AWESOME! Definitely one of the funniest movies I have ever seen, if you're thinking about seeing it, definitely go, you will not be disappointed.

• I just saw it. My whole theater was cracking up. I kind of want to see it again.

• edited February 2016

Just saw Deadpool! Gonna post a link to my review soon once it's been published.

Deadpool unofficial review

enter image description here

I'll just give my short version and tell you it's worthy of a FUCKING STRONG A!

Grade: A

• I think I'm gonna see it again next weekend! The crowd I was in was kinda lame, but that might just be because I went to the very first showing in the morning. Next time I'll go to an afternoon showing and hopefully the crowd will be more awake.

Beating myself up for not going to the Thursday evening showing. With the sequel I'll go to the premier for sure!

I just saw it. My whole theater was cracking up. I kind of want to see it again.

• edited February 2016

I cant stop thinking about that unicorn. Oh my lord, I laughed for like ten minutes lol.

Deadpoolian posted: »

I think I'm gonna see it again next weekend! The crowd I was in was kinda lame, but that might just be because I went to the very first show

• edited February 2016

Ayyyy my Deadpool review got published! If you wanna read, then here's the link. :)

Deadpool

• yeah its an A!

Just saw Deadpool! Gonna post a link to my review soon once it's been published. Deadpool unofficial review I'll just give my short version and tell you it's worthy of a FUCKING STRONG A! Grade: A

• nice review man. i see a lot of people not really liking the villain, but i liked him. i mean i really despite him and i thought he was cool. i mean we know that he was also an experiment so thats why he went crazy, but i must have not catch some dialog since the whole theater was laughing their asses off, but i guess like we didnt know his true intentions. like what did he really want. also just a very quick lil origin story of how he was created".

but i loved it, and want to see it again.

Ayyyy my Deadpool review got published! If you wanna read, then here's the link. Deadpool

• Definitely worth seeing again dude,

jamex1223 posted: »

nice review man. i see a lot of people not really liking the villain, but i liked him. i mean i really despite him and i thought he was cool

• edited February 2016

Who didnt like the villain? I thought he was pretty great. Very menacing. And kind of hot, if I do say so.

jamex1223 posted: »

nice review man. i see a lot of people not really liking the villain, but i liked him. i mean i really despite him and i thought he was cool

• He was hot. Didn't you see Deadpool's raging boner for him in the credits?

Who didnt like the villain? I thought he was pretty great. Very menacing. And kind of hot, if I do say so.

• right? i thought he was pretty good. and yes quite a good looking dude.

• The aliens are back and they've updated their antivirus. But they are no match for the unusable abomination that is Windows 10.

Saltlick123 posted: »

Some Super Bowl Movie Trailers enter link description here enter link description here enter link description here enter link description here

• edited February 2016

The part where it says, "He's super hot!!!" or whatever after his name, yes I did. The opening credits though, lmao! I'm pay just to see that sequence again.

I also just realized that he was the first Daario Naharis on Game of Thrones, if anyone is a fan. I thought he looked somewhat familiar.

He was hot. Didn't you see Deadpool's raging boner for him in the credits?

• edited February 2016

Breakfast at Tiffany's short review (1961)

Positives

Yea, yea I saw this movie. I know it's considered chick flick, but I like Audrey Hepburn so... don't judge me lol. Breakfast at Tiffany's a romance comedy, and it is highly regarded as an American classic. I can understand why that is because this is a solid film with solid acting by Audrey Hepburn and George Peppard. What I really love about this film is its plot. It has a genuinely sweet, heartfelt tone to it that just feels beautiful. Believe me when I say that I am still a 100% man, even though I went "awww" at certain parts of the movie. With that said, you can tell that the romance doesn't feel forced. You genuinely believe the relationship that Hepburn and Peppard's characters develop, and it saddened me deeply to see that relationship dwindle every now and then. Soundtrack for the film is also beautiful, like the one playing in the opening sequence. Cinematography wise, the film still looks really good. The colors are vibrant, and the city of New York has never looked better.

Negatives

A negative I have to address is the way the plot was structured. It can get rather confusing by bringing up plot points that are barely explained and not fully developed, and then somehow implementing them into crucial points in the story. How can you confuse your audience in a romance movie! The ending was also lackluster on its impact. It literally just ends. Another negative is how badly dated the movie feels. It still has the quirky 60's vibe to it, with an ending that's as cliched as you can get. My last gripe with the movie, was Micky Rooney's performance as a Japanese man. The way he speaks and the way he acts is so painfully racist. I love me some racist humor, but that was cringy as fuck. Why did they hire a white guy to play an Asian role!

Overall: Breakfast at Tiffany's is a charming romance film that I would suggest seeing. It's got solid, heart-warming performances by Hepburn and Peppard, a sweet story, some funny moments, and an endearing soundtrack. I would see this movie again, but not constantly month after month. I'd probably only see it when I'm feeling down or whatever. Keep in mind that the film may seem quite dated when you see it. I honestly wish they'd make romance films a lot like this one because many things about Breakfast at Tiffany's is endearing

Grade: B+

• Well, here's some movie news:

John Wick 2 News

So I'm not sure how many of you saw and liked the original but I loved it and was waiting for sequel news since there were rumors going around that it could end up being a trilogy. Apparently it's now titled "John Wick: Chapter Two",will at least partially take place in Rome, and supporting characters like Wick's deceased wife, the desk guy from the Continental, and Winston will be back (also Lawrence Fishburne will be in this!). I was and still am excited and I'm a guy who loves sequels to action movies but I am kind of nervous though, I don't just want Keeanu Revves shooting his way through an Italian instead of Russian mafia this time with some supporting characters in the background- So I am a little nervous but I'm hopeful it will be good for now. It's going to be released in February of 2017.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/John-Wick-2-Making-Major-Change-Here-What-We-Know-113147.html

http://www.firstshowing.net/2016/john-wick-2-to-open-in-2017-blade-runner-2-set-for-january-2018/

http://collider.com/john-wick-2-release-date-keanu-reeves/

(also, Blade Runner 2 confirmed for 2018 and for The Expendables 4, shooting is supposed to be this year but the cast doesn't even seem set yet an there's rumors that Stallone might drop out of the project because he's a favorite to win the Oscar for best supporting actor right now so I guess he might think that he's too good for it or something...)

• edited February 2016

JOHN WICK TWOOOOOO! Hopefully they add a little more substance into it, but as long as the action is top I'm all for it!

Screw it. After class today I'm going to buy the shit out of the blu-ray.

Saltlick123 posted: »

Well, here's some movie news: John Wick 2 News So I'm not sure how many of you saw and liked the original but I loved it and was waiti

• :D

JOHN WICK TWOOOOOO! Hopefully they add a little more substance into it, but as long as the action is top I'm all for it! Screw it. After class today I'm going to buy the shit out of the blu-ray.

• Finally, this month.

• I smell Oscars.

Omid's cat posted: »

Finally, this month.

• Is it dumb on my part that I actually researched this to make sure this wasn't a thing? I mean in my defense, a Johnny Bravo movie starring the Rock wouldn't surprise me given the lack of originality in the film industry nowadays.

Omid's cat posted: »

Finally, this month.

• edited February 2016

I just saw The Witch and it was decent. The film definitely had its moments of glory, but as a whole, it's no masterpiece. It's not as great as I expected it to be and there are definitely better psychological horror films out there, but The Witch is still a decent attempt by first time director, Roger Eggers, who you can tell tried his damnedest to make his film as thought provoking and unnerving as possible, even if it didn't necessarily succeed on every level.

• Heard that it's somewhat like The Shining in a sense that it's a psychological horror film.

ralo229 posted: »

I just saw The Witch and it was decent. The film definitely had its moments of glory, but as a whole, it's no masterpiece. It's not as great

• It is a psychological horror film, but not really on par with the Shining. (At least in my opinion.)

Heard that it's somewhat like The Shining in a sense that it's a psychological horror film.

• edited February 2016

Does anyone else here love Shaun of the Dead? I swear, its one of the most well written comedies I've ever seen.

A+

• edited February 2016

Alright im gonna go see Kung Fu Panda 3 right now, i heard it turned out to be good, so i hope they are right.

EDIT: Just got done watching it. Ok so it turned out be better than 2 in my opinion, but 1 will and always will remain the best in the Kung Fu Panda series. But i did liked this one, it was good. I give it a B+

And this one is also my first 2016 movie. :)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.