Movies of 2016

Comments

• edited February 2016

I used to hate that guy.

Omid's cat posted: »

Finally, this month.

• All of the three cornetto films are fantastic. I couldn't choose which one is my favorite though. Maybe The World's End. It's got a sweet soundtrack.

Does anyone else here love Shaun of the Dead? I swear, its one of the most well written comedies I've ever seen. A+

• I really like it but Hot Fuzz is my fav

Does anyone else here love Shaun of the Dead? I swear, its one of the most well written comedies I've ever seen. A+

• edited February 2016

They;re all perfect films in my eyes. The World's End might have an edge up mainly for its fight scenes.

All of the three cornetto films are fantastic. I couldn't choose which one is my favorite though. Maybe The World's End. It's got a sweet soundtrack.

• Hell yea! :)

Saltlick123 posted: »

I really like it but Hot Fuzz is my fav

• edited February 2016

Out of all the months Batman Vs Superman could have come out, it had to be March 25th, and ill be so busy that i might not have time to go watch the movie. Really stinks.
    :(

Edit: Ok so there is a 70% chance that i might be able to go see the movie, i hope so.

• Is it as deep as the second one? I liked the backstory and the complexity of the second film a lot!

Smellmeh posted: »

Alright im gonna go see Kung Fu Panda 3 right now, i heard it turned out to be good, so i hope they are right. EDIT: Just got done watchi

• Is not as deep, but there is a scene where it shows the backstory from the 2nd film.

Is it as deep as the second one? I liked the backstory and the complexity of the second film a lot!

• fucking badass movie. love all those movies from those guys. hot fuzz is fun as shit too.

• A perfect trilogy wrapped up in a nice little bow.

jamex1223 posted: »

fucking badass movie. love all those movies from those guys. hot fuzz is fun as shit too.

• havent seen the new one...

A perfect trilogy wrapped up in a nice little bow.

• Batman V superman: Dawn Of justice Ultimate Edition/Director's cut will be rated R on blu ray! I understand why WB might have deleted a few scenes from the movie since its 151 minutes long already and they are going to show them all in the ultimate edition/director's cut on blue ray but why is it going to be rated R while the theatrical version is rated pg 13? I'm so upset right now, what are they going to do to get an R rating? More brutal fighting and more blood/gore? Batman kicking ass in the last trailer better be in the theatrical version as well. The brutal fighting and dark theme got me really hyped for this movie! Some said that the director's cut will help Snyder deliver the movie he always wanted, what is that supposed to mean? did he change the plot because the studio told him so? Someone help me out, I have no experience with special/director's cut editions or whatever. I've been so hyped for this movie for the last years and I'm so upset and scared right now that they might remove some awesome scenes from the theatrical version and show them only on blu ray later, lol. thanks :D

• Well, watch it ASAP! Find it on a pirate website or something, just find it!

jamex1223 posted: »

havent seen the new one...

• edited February 2016

enter image description here

Oh boy.

Deadpool. After hearing so many good stuff about this movie I was so hyped to finally get a chance to see it. Unfortunately the movie was just "good". Nothing more, nothing less. It's one of these moments that you feel something is "wrong" with you..? Almost everyone loves this movie and I think it was just good

8.5/10

+Funny

+Ryan Reynolds is awesome as deadpool

• Everyone has opinions. You dont have to love it or be convinced to love it. Good is good enough.

Tolispro posted: »

Oh boy. Deadpool. After hearing so many good stuff about this movie I was so hyped to finally get a chance to see it. Unfortunately the m

• I feel the same way. It was a good, fun, and enjoyable film, but I wouldn't say it's the best superhero movie to come out in recent years like everyone else.

Tolispro posted: »

Oh boy. Deadpool. After hearing so many good stuff about this movie I was so hyped to finally get a chance to see it. Unfortunately the m

• Anyone seen Gods of Egypt?

• I was literally just called a sexist because I said I think the new Ghostbusters movie looks stupid. Yeah, just automatically assume that my problem with the film is the fact that it stars women.It couldn't possibly be the fact that the story just seems like a cheap retread of the first film and that the humor is not funny in the slightest, (which is a real shame because I do think Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig are funny people.) I think all this film has going for it is its special effects, which are actually pretty cool. Who knows, maybe the film will be fucking amazing, but I don't have any high hopes for it.

enter link description here

• edited March 2016

It saddens me to know that people ARE actually hating the movie just because the leads are women.

Stares at Jack from Rooster Teeth

I don't know much about Kristen Wig, but after seeing Spy, I have confidence in Melissa McCarthy. I mean she doesn't seem to have that obnoxious persona like in her previous movies. The black lady I don't like. Not a racist thing, I just don't like the way she acts. I have a feeling I'm going to really like Kate McKinnon. :)

ralo229 posted: »

I was literally just called a sexist because I said I think the new Ghostbusters movie looks stupid. Yeah, just automatically assume that my

• edited March 2016

True. I'm not gonna act like there isn't prejudice bullshit circulating around this movie. There are sexist dickheads that are hating on it JUST because it stars women. But that's not why I'm criticizing it.

I don't have a problem with the fact that they're women. I mean that fact was established a long time ago and I thought to myself, "Eh. Could be good." The reason I'm already bashing it is because of what I said in my previous comment. The story and characters seem like cheap retreads of the first film and the humor is borderline cringe worthy. I mean I think Kristen Wig and Melissa McCarthy can be funny and they're relativity good actors. But even good actors are given bad material that they can't work too much with. Another problem I have with it is that it doesn't look or feel like a Ghostbusters movie. It feels more like a weird combination between the live action Scooby-Doo movies and Pixels. I think the only redeeming factor is its special effects. In fact, they look better than the ones in the first film. (Yeah, I love the original Ghostbusters film to death, but man, some of those effects have not aged well with time.)

I know I'm bashing so much on it even though it's not even released yet, but it's just my opinion. It's not set in stone because who knows? Maybe the movie will be good and it just wasn't advertised well.

It saddens me to know that people ARE actually hating the movie just because the leads are women. Stares at Jack from Rooster Teeth I

• edited March 2016

My problem with it is I don't see how it's necessary. The whole thing seems like a cash grab.

I was literally just called a sexist because I said I think the new Ghostbusters movie looks stupid. Yeah, just automatically assume that my

• edited March 2016

edit

• edited March 2016

That moment when you can't watch Zootopia because it sold out real fucking quick! AND YOU HAVE EXAMS TO DO!

• Well personally I don't mind that fact. What I do mind is that it feels like a reboot so far rather than a passing the piton to a new crew you can say. I hope at least one of the original cast makes an appearance in the film in some way, well outside of Slimmer. lol

Ya the Black lady is way over board, pity. Then again it is a comedy, over board characters seem to be popular. Unlike Saving Private Ryan which had the insanely irritating Jewish Stereotype character which was just so out of place in a relatively realistic movie, I liked how Band of Brothers Portrayed it's Jewish character far far better.

It saddens me to know that people ARE actually hating the movie just because the leads are women. Stares at Jack from Rooster Teeth I

• It looks like Sicario is getting a sequel being centered on Del Toro's character. That's how it should have been originally if you ask me.

• 10 Cloverfield Lane Short Review

Just saw 10 Cloverfield Lane, and it was surprisingly really good.

Positives

• Amazing performnces by John Goodman and Mary Elizabeth Winstead. Goodman was seriously the best part. A guy who usually plays comedic roles taking on the character of a psychotic madman? And actually playing it well? Now that is what I call talent, and range. Winstead was also really good because her character wasn't an idiot. She wasn't you're typical dumbass girl that gets herself killed. She was capable and knew how to get herself out of sticky situations.

• For a first time director, I am really impressed. Mr. Dan Trachtenberg knows how to keep suspense high. And I mean really high. Some of the few scenes with action were completely intense. And moments where conflicts between characters reach their climax kept me on the edge of my seat.

Negatives

• Marketing. Marketing for this movie is an extreme negative. Normal viewers come into this film expecting an awesome monster movie, only to realize that simply isn't the case. I looked up other reviews on Youtube, so I kinda knew what I was expecting. However, for the average viewer, I can understand why someone would be upset over this movie. If you view this movie as a thriller, then it is a great thriller. Do not expect a straight up monster flick because that doesn't happen. At least for the first 2/3 of the movie...

• The ending. I'm not a big fan of the way the film ended. Once they actually start showing the monster, I was a little disappointed with the way it was executed. This is strange to say because the Cloverfield films are monster movies, but I was perfectly fine with the whole thriller aspect.

Overall: 10 Cloverfield Lane is a great thriller. It isn't your typical monster movie. There is a monster at one point, but I felt like the movie detracted once they actually showed it. As a matter of fact, pay attention to the tagline of the poster. Let that linger around in your head as you're watching it, and you'll see that it holds quite a significant amount of meaning to it. While this movie was a well directed thriller, I have to dock down some major points for the way the movie was marketed.

Grade: B+

• edited March 2016

Just saw it today, pretty much not knowing what to expect at all. I never saw the original Cloverfield, but I knew it was a found-footage alien monster disaster kind of movie. It was astounding!

The three leads were absolutely amazing. It's been a LONG time since I've had a movie speed my heart up until it came beating out of my chest! Mary Elizabeth Winstead and John Goodman played their roles perfectly. The funny thing is, I feel like a lot of people went in expecting the end of the movie: fighting aliens and surviving! But when we finally got to that part, we were all too sad to see the suspense portion end!

But at least the pretty girl lived this time!

10 Cloverfield Lane Short Review Just saw 10 Cloverfield Lane, and it was surprisingly really good. Positives * Amazing perfo

• But when we finally got to that part, we were all too sad to see the suspense portion end!

Exactly. I was a little flustered once the monsters appeared. I'm happy that they finally showed up, but I'm a little sad that our suspense thriller had ended. This movie would've worked perfectly on its own without the Cloverfield title if you ask me.

Just saw it today, pretty much not knowing what to expect at all. I never saw the original Cloverfield, but I knew it was a found-footage al

• Definitely. Although the outside world and the context did set a good foundation for the plot to be built on.

But when we finally got to that part, we were all too sad to see the suspense portion end! Exactly. I was a little flustered once th

• edited March 2016

Absolute crap movie. Basically the Korean take on Predator if it were a B-movie from the 1990s, and it doesn't even star any governors. The characters had no personality, 'special forces' somehow don't obey orders and just bicker at each other, the one action scene, they do so many shots you have no idea what's going on, not to mention the terrible lighting. You barely ever see the monster, and when you do they were clearly trying to hide their lack of budget, and the female lead is a badass special forces soldier who apparently obsesses over makeup, including clearly wearing makeup under her camoflage.

I don't even know how this was so low budget, they apparently found enough money to plaster ads on the sides of buses. When I came out of the theatre they gave me a coupon - I think it was an apology.

• Man, you sure love Korean cinema huh? :)

Well apart from this one.

Sarangholic posted: »

Absolute crap movie. Basically the Korean take on Predator if it were a B-movie from the 1990s, and it doesn't even star any governors. The

• Holy shit. Batman v. Superman has a god damn 0% on Rotten Tomatoes. ZERO, I repeat, ZERO!

• The contradiction is real,who should we trust?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2975590/

Holy shit. Batman v. Superman has a god damn 0% on Rotten Tomatoes. ZERO, I repeat, ZERO!

• edited March 2016

God damn. The contradiction IS strong with this movie.

The contradiction is real,who should we trust? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2975590/

• It's up to about 40% now, but I saw this coming. I kind of had a feeling it would be disappointing and lackluster.

Holy shit. Batman v. Superman has a god damn 0% on Rotten Tomatoes. ZERO, I repeat, ZERO!

• I did too, but I just didn't want it to happen. :/

It's up to about 40% now, but I saw this coming. I kind of had a feeling it would be disappointing and lackluster.

• When I checked last it was at 42, which is still an alarmingly low number considering the huge budget DC had to make this movie. On the bright side, I was right about the film bombing and I'm damn sure Civil War is gonna take the cake from Superhero films this year. On the not so bright side, I was still hyped as fuck for this movie and I thought it would at least be somewhat good, but from the reviews I'm reading, some calling it worse than Spider-Man 3, I'm guessing it was really bad.

• edited March 2016

So many people are getting butthurt because the critics are bashing on Batman vs. Superman. I've read dozens of rants on how "The critics have clearly never picked up a comic book in their entire life" (Well if they're FILM critics, they shouldn't have to because a movie should hold up on its own despite the fact if you're familiar with the source material or not) or "If Nolan directed this, the RT score would be 90%." (Not true considering how some of his films never got above a 75%. So even he's not perfect). Out of the dozens of rants that I've read, this is what they all sound like to me.

enter link description here

• Shame. Zootopia was actually pretty fucking good.

That moment when you can't watch Zootopia because it sold out real fucking quick! AND YOU HAVE EXAMS TO DO!

• It's a damn shame.

Shame. Zootopia was actually pretty fucking good.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.